Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reborn (Lady and Blair)

Alec looked over at Katra, grinning a bit. "Oh, I'm very much a party person," he admitted, shrugging a bit. "I'm just a little out of sorts." He took a gulp of his scotch and looked down at her, wondering how on earth a girl like that wasn't already on the dance floor with someone. As cocky as he could act sometimes, Alec was still a bit in awe of her. "And look at you," he said, eyebrow arched, "You should be dancing with a man who's worthy." He placed his drink on the bar and grabbed her hand. "Lucky for you, I'm just that." He smirked and led her out to the second floor dance floor.

Grace blushed, frowning when the man who bought her drink scampered off at the sight of Eric and Alcide. She huffed and looked down into her drink, picking it up and taking a long swig. Looking over at Eric, she raised an eyebrow. "I don't think we've met," she murmured, her eyes scanning him. He was handsome, not as much as Alcide, but still easy on the eyes. "I'm Grace." She smiled politely and offered her hand, so not used to meeting people in a club scene. A normal night like this would be sent on a good book, not drinking and dancing.

Katra blushed at his words, smilign as she set her own glass down,following him onto the dancefloor."Oh are you?"She teased shifting listening to the music for a moment, slipping closer to him, the ruffled edge of her dress brushing against his thigh at every movement, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck, dancing similiarly to claire with jason, after all claire had been the one to teach her to dance, and katra wanted to make sure she would be well remembered if he danced with anyone else tonight.

Eric grinned as the mn scampered off, sipping his own drink before shaking her hand, amused at how innocent the girl was. Which brought up the question, what the hell was she doing with his broody friend."Eric. And as I am sure Alcide forgot to mention, I own this fine establishment." "I didn't forget anything, and I wouldn't be calling it fine."Alcide said his words alredy starting to slide together a little, for such a big guy, he just couldn't hold his liqiour. "It's perfectly fine!Don't you think, beautiful lady?"Eric said with a charming smile at grace raising her hand to his lips, pressing a kiss to her knuckles before standing."A dance?"

Alec was impressed with the way she could move her body, knowing practice had to have been involved. His hands slid down to her hips, pulling her into his chest so that he had to crane his neck downwards to look into her eyes. For the first time, he wasn't thinking about kicking some guy's ass for looking in the direction of his sister tonight. His hips moved with her, and his hands gripped them in a way that said he was anything but a... submissive partner. "I have to admit, I didn't think a place like this could be so... exciting." He smirked at that, tilting his head to the side. "If this is the 'peaceful' club, I'd hate to see what the other's look like... Or, rather, I'd love to see what they look like."

Grace's green eyes filled with amusement, blushing a little as he called her beautiful. "I think it's more than fine," she murmured, biting her lip as she watched him kiss her hand. Considering she'd ever been kissed before, never even been touched by a man, the simple touch gave her shivers. "Sure," she said, looking over to the dance floor. "You might have to give me lessons, thought." She grinned at him, sliding from the bar stool and not evening thinking about looking back at Alcide.

Katra smiled as she moved with him,eyes widening a little as he grabbed her hips, swallowing hard as she met his eyes.Despite her time with claire, and the near constant men flirting with her, she'd never had sex, had always found it awkward, So him holding her like that...oh it was doing all kinds of things to her. Looking up at her a little wide eyed she laughed,"Well they look the same, without the privacy rooms upstairs."She said saucely eyes widening a little at the words, having not meant to suggest...."I mean, they're there just for people,..not that.."She stuttered looking so cutely embarassed for her mouth running off with her.

Eric grinned."Ah, I am sure I can oblige."Eric said smiling as he ed her out onto the dancefloor looking amused as he pulled her into his arms, starting to teach her the basic steps to a dance, realizing quickly htat she'd never danced before. Alcide watched them go, looking...bemused and confused at his annoyance that grace was dancing with eric. Despite knowng he shouldn't get involved with her he was still interested. Sighing he downed his drink and started anotherm intending on getting totally wasted to forget everything.

Alec smirked a bit. "I know what privacy rooms are for," he said, looking amused at her sudden look of innocence. Grabbing one of her hands, he twirled her around until her back was pressed against his chest, his hands going back to her hips. He dipped his head down to talk in her ear, his breath dancing across her neck and ear as he spoke. "Have you ever come here with someone else before? A date, perhaps? I have a hard time believing you've never been here with another man. Probably tried to get you into one of those rooms, hm?" He grinned a bit. He loved teasing her.

Grace stumbled around with him, holding on to his shoulders and blushing up at him. "I'm sorry. Not very coordinated, I guess," she murmured, looking at him through the curtain of blond hair. Her hips moved with the rhythm of the music, desperately trying to appear somewhat sexy for the older man. "So... you own this place? That's quite an accomplishment," she murmured, sounding impressed. "You must be quite the business man..." She smiled at him, hoping her poor attempt at conversation wouldn't turn him off.

Katra blushed at his words, yelping a little as she twirled her around, smiling slightly as she shuddered, leaning against his chest for a moment, shivering as she glanced over her shoulder at him."Hmm I have.And he did."She said blushing at the thought, having remembered the moment that she'd yelled for alcide when her date had gotten to demanding. Oh boy, the man had been lucky to escape that with his teeth still in his head when Alcide'd realized that the man was being to demanding.

Eric smiled a little as he looked down at her, gently strokng her hair out of her face, leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead."Ah, you are very good. You just need practice."She said smiling as he rested his hands on her hips, moving her against him easily, "I do. And I am, though if you listen to alcide, I'm more lucky than smart."He said a smirk on his face, because despite the man's efforts to keep people away, and maybe because of them, Eric had developed a good relationship with him.

Alec smirked a bit. "I'm not surprised," he mused, his fingers spreading over her stomach from where his hands rest on her hips. He leaned down enough to smell the perfume she must have wore, taking it in and willing himself to not show his appreciation through an erection. His hips swayed with her's, staying close but polite. He wasn't about to do the groping that his body would have preferred. "Do you date? Or do you tease the men that you bring here," he murmured, amusement in his voice.

Grace bit her lip, closing her eyes as he kissed her forehead. No one but her mother and brother had ever done that, but this was different. It sent heated shivers down her spine... Looking up at him, she laughed a little. "Having luck on your side is certainly not a bad thing," she murmured, her hands moving to his shoulders. Her eyes glanced over at Alcide, then back to Eric. "I'm staying at Alcide's estate... You should come visit," she said over the music, her voice taking on a flirtatious tone that she wasn't aware she was capable of.

Katra shuddered a little as his hand spread out over her stomach, her stomach trembling under his fingers as she closed her eyes. it felt so good to be held. it'd been so long that she'd actually given in to the need to go out, to date.But this man holding her....was so much better than anyone else she'd evre been held by. "Hmmm I date.Sometimes,but they just grope me or demand more than I want to give..."She muttered blushing hard, shivering as she shifted back against him.

Eric smirked looking down at her, running a hand down her arm,hands settling on her hips tugging her closer to him."Well then, I will most definately be coming to visit with you."He said snickering a little as he saw the man glaring at him. If looks could have killed, eric would have been one dead club owner. Alcide downed his drink before standing and weaving his way through the crowd, a hand sliding over grace's shoulders as he leaned down,"Would you dance with me, lovely?"He purred, that soft menacing growl,even if the threat in the sound wasn't aimed for her, it spoke of caged violence, and the chains that the alcohol had started to break on his temper. While he wasn't sure he wanted his reincarnated wife, he wasn't about to share until he was sure about it

Alec was a little surprised at her words, even if his expression didn't reveal it. Was she implying she'd never slept with anyone before? He frowned, fighting the urge to pull away. It felt wrong to be holding a woman who'd been saving herself. He was not the kind of man that she needed to give in to, and he would feel like shit if she did... Yet, there was apart of him that hated the idea of passing her up. "You're going out with the wrong kind of men then," he said, "You shouldn't be bringing men to a place like this that would do things like that..." He stopped and twirled her around, clearing his throat. "Sorry, habit." He shrugged, unable to shake the protective nature he had come used to with his sister.

Grace smiled softly, looking up into Eric's eyes. "I'd love that," she said, then jumped a little as she felt a large hand sliding over her shoulder blades. She looked up at Alcide, startled at hi behavior. The smell of alcohol on his breath was thick, making her frown with concern. She was not dumb; she knew he was drunk. Grace may not have known a lot about men, but she knew not to upset a drunk one... Her eyes glanced over to Eric, giving him a sympathetic look before she nodded. "Sure, Alcide," she said, hoping that she would see Eric later. Turning, she reached up and rest her hands on Alcide's shoulders, looking into his dark, dangerous eyes. Part of her knew that he could hurt her if he wanted to, but part of her knew he wouldn't. It was Eric she wasn't sure about. "Alcide... I think you'd had a little too much to drink," she said gently, tilting her head to the side.

Katra blushed as she realized what she'd admitted to.Closing her eyes for a moment when he went quiet, wondering what he was thinking, if he thought her a fool for just not finding the right guy or just sating the need with her sexy over the top best friend. Even if she had been able to convince alcide to have sex, it would have been like kissing a sibling."Oh and what sort of man should I be seeing?"She said with a smile looking up at him as he twirled her around, looking amused at the protective look on his face.

Eric nodded."I'll see you there."He muttered before melting into the crowd, not about to stick around with alcide being drunk.Even knowing the man had a tndacy to be a violent drunk, he'd never worried about the women in his company, the men on the other hand...men always suffered from alcide's snapping temper, where it was just alcide's nature to coddle women, even if he ws awkward with it."Well, I'm not driving home.i can drink."he said slurring it a little, not alot but enough to say he'd drank alot, shifting her against him a little, holding her ever so gently as they danced. The gentle touch at odds with just how dangerous his eyes were."Enjoying yourself?"he said smiling at her, wanting her to enjoy her night out.

Alec looked down at him, his eyes narrowing for a moment as he thought about what to say. "A man who will appreciate your presence," he murmured, "One who would protect you against all odds..." He swallowed a little and looked away from her, trying not to think about his parents. He childhood was less that perfect, and he always hoped that he could make up for it through protecting Grace and himself from further pain. After years and years of thinking that his sister was all he needed, it was hard to picture himself with a woman. With Katra in front of him, he was reminded of something he felt like he would never be allowed to have. "Someone who deserves you, of course," he murmured, "But the thing about men... They rarely deserve the women in their lives." With that, he looked at her with someone different in his eyes than before - pain. "I need a drink." With that, he pulled away from her and went to order himself another scotch.

Grace smirked a bit, tilting her head to the side. Her fingers laces together behind his neck. Despite how large he was, how dangerous his eyes looked, how nervous the alcohol on his breath made her feel... She fit perfectly in his arms. It was scary to think about; but something she couldn't deny. "I suppose you can," she said, shrugging. It wasn't his fault that she had such bad experiences with men and alcohol- she had to remember that. "I'm having a fine time," she said, smiling softly, "Your friend Eric... I like him." She blushed a little at that and looked down, away from his eyes. Her hair flipped over her shoulder when she did, revealing a scar across the top of her shoulder that ran down toward the left side of her chest, disappearing behind the neckline of her dress.

Katra tilted her head watching him as he answered looking thoughtful. Looking startled when he pulled away, following him through the crowd she sat down next to him at the bar, absently smoothing the hair out of his eyes."I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you."She said understanding te look in his eyes even if she didn't know what caused it. Something went tight in her chest at the idea of causing him pain, and it hurt so badly to think about.

Alcide smiled a little at how perfectly she fit into his arms, even if the idea of that scared the crap out of him."Good"He smiled before growling a little, swallowing hard to keep his opnion to himself about what he thought of her liking eric. It wasn't his business if she ewas attracted to the man, he wasn't dating her and she didn't seem to have any interest in him, so he had absolutely no say in this."He is a good man.I'm sure he'l be up to visit more now that he knows you're there."he said hardly keeping his voice normal not wanting her to realize he was jealous of even that praise.Before growling again at the sight of the scar reaching up, and in his drunkeness not thinking anything of running his fingertips over it."What happened?"He muttered his voice going low and dangerous anger in the words, not at her, but at whatever caused this.

Alec took a gulp of his drink. "You didn't upset me," he said quickly, shaking his head. It seemed that no matter what effort, his blond hair always stayed in his eyes, mysteriously shielding them in one way or another. He rolled his shoulders back and looked into the amber colored liquid in his glass. It took him a few moments to make himself look at her again. "Sorry," he said, "It's not you. It's the liquor. I've never been a cheerful drunk." He smirked at her, knowing he was lying but giving a good effort at hiding it. He didn't want to hurt her feelings by letting his emotions show.

Grace smiled a bit. "Well, I can't say I'd mind if he came by... I've never, you know, had any sort of relationship with a guy," she murmured, glancing up at him with her bright eyes. The way his voice seemed to sound like a growl scared her, yet excited her. It was an odd kind of excitement; the kind that left her core heated with desire. She'd never really felt that feeling, so it was even more disturbing. Maybe she really was Isabella Linton - a naive girl who was drawn to the dangerous qualities of Heathcliff, only to have it bite her in the ass... Grace snapped out of her thoughts when she touched his scar, and she winced. Her face paled when he asked what it was from. "I... well...," she swallowed, "I had a doll house thrown at me when I was seven..." She shook her head. "I don't like to talk about it, really."

She still remembered that day when she was playing up in her room, by herself like usual. Alec was playing flag football with some friends in the back yard, and she was playing with her dolls while she waited for him to finish. They were supposed to go to the library that evening, which was Grace's favorite thing to do. They were still young, but the library was only a block away and their parents let them go if they were together. Alec never liked to go, but he did it for Grace anyway... It was then that her father came up stairs in one of his usual drunken rages. However, this time, instead of just yelling at her about how useless she was, he stomped through the room and kicked the doll house at her. It smashed in pieces, and the roof of it struck her in the shoulder. She had to have stitches, but she only got them after her father went out for the night and her mother could take her to the hospital without him knowing...

Katra frowned looking concerned about him."Well then, stop drinking.We'll go find the others, and head home.By now everyone's probably had their fun."She said looking concerned about him, gently stroking his hair absently, after touching it for the first time, she found that she couldn't stop touching it. Swallowing hard as she made herself drop her hand."Come on, let's go."He said smiling.

"Well, then Eric'll surely be by."Alcide sid grinding his teeth together to keep from growling in annoyance over it. He'd told himself that it was better for her to be with someone else, so why in the hell was he getting annoyed with the fact that she was indeed looking t someone else?"What?"Alcidedlooking startled as he ran his fingers over the scar again, looking thoughtful as he consideredwhat could have brought that one. Swallowing the enraged growl, because he didn't want her to think it was her he was angry at, he sighed.but if you had met his eyes there for a moment even as he let out a calming breath you would have seen the blue swirls of fire mixing with his chocolate brown eyes,but it was gone in a instant.yet in that moment as the fires of the river of acheron shown angrily in his eyes,there was no doubt that this was the death god who ruled over elysian and the underworld."Okay"He agreed, willing to forget bout it for now."We should find the others.Its getting late.."He sid sighing softly.

Alec chuckled a bit and rolled his eyes. He was used to being the protective one, not the one who was being protected. Especially from himself. "I'm fine," he murmured, "I promise." He took another swallowed of his drink, then put the empty glass on the bar. He looked around the room, feeling antsy at the sight of not being able to see Grace. He knew she was probably with Alcide, and that didn't make him feel any better. "Fine, let's go find them." With that, he stood up and grabbed her hand in order to keep up with her in the crowd.

Grace looked up at him, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked into his dark eyes. She could have sworn there was some sort of swirl of blue with in the dark irises... Like blue fire. It through her off for a moment, sure that she was simply seeing things. "It was an accident," she said, shivering as he touched the scar again. At the mentioning of leaving, she nodded. "Yea... I suppose we should." She offered him a smile, wanting to see if it would be returned this time. "Wait, I want to say bye to Eric." She moved through the crowd, back toward the bar, sliding next to the stool that Eric was sitting at. She felt she needed to say bye to him after their abrupt end to their dance earlier... "It was really nice meeting you," she murmured to him, smiling as she tapped him on the shoulder.

Alec moved through the crowd and down the stairs along with Katra, looking for Grace. However, it was Alcide that he spotted first. "Hey," he said, his voice rough with the mixture of alcohol and anxiousness. "Where's my sister?" He eyes narrowed, as if he were sure that Alcide had done something with her.

Katra smiled a little even if she still looked concerned for him even as she followed him through the crowd."she's fine.she's probably with alcide."she said smiling because she knew that wasn't a reassuring thought but at least she wouldn't be on her own.

Alcide smiled a little in return when she smiled at him, looking relieved that it had been a accident and not on purpose, not realizing the truth. The man looked at alec as he came over raising a eyebrow at the mans woreds."she went to say goodbye to eric.I think its time to be going."he said looking tired and ready to just lay down.

Jason smiled as he nuzzle3d his cheek against claires glancing towards where the others were."it looks like we're getting ready to go."he muttered kissing her gently as he stepped away from her.

Eric smiled as he turned to look at her,his smile widening as he considered the girl in front of him."it was nice meeting you to.I'm going to have to venture out to alcide's more, now that you're staying there."he said smiling as he leaned over to kiss her cheek."be careful on your way home okay?the snows starting to really come down."

Alec looked over to see his sister talking to another man, though the man looked like a gentleman. Maybe it was his extreme hatred for Alcide, but he already liked the unknown guy for encouraging Grace to stray from him. Nodding, he moved over to his sister and nodded for her to go, staying a decent distance to give her privacy.

Claire smiled and and grabbed his hand, following him toward the door. "I can drive. I haven't had anything to drink," she promised, grabbing the keys out of his pocket. Her love for Jason made her temporarily forget about her revenge for Alcide, simply wanting to go home and finish what they had started that morning.

Grace smiled, blushing when he kissed her cheek. "I'm glad to hear you say that," she murmured, then nodded. "We will. I'm sure it will be fine." She gave him one last look before disappearing into the crowd and leaving with the others, escorted closely by her brother. Once in the car, Claire cranked the engine and made sure everyone was inside. The ride was peaceful for a few moments, that was until another care managed to hydroplane across the road, striking them on the right side of the SUV and making it roll on to the side Katra and Claire were on. Grace screamed, grabbing on to the person to her right - Stryke. It seemed to be okay besides being on their side before the another care came through and slammed into them, crushing the car inward.

Alec panicked, sliding his seat belt off. He knew they needed to get out of this car, for the road was built on a ledge of some sort. The car needed to be pushed off to the the side before it flew down the snowy cliff. Shock coursing through him, Alec began to push the door open, groaning as he had to push the car door off its hinges. Alec had always thought he was strong, but this.... this was odd. Of course, his fear was leaving him unable to realize exactly how crazy it was... He pushed the door off from the inside, them jumped out, looking as if he had never been in a wreck at all. He looked at the car, knowing that it could not be pushed. It had to be pulled...

Alec grabbed the underside of the car, and while letting out a groan, he managed to pull the huge SUV away from the ledge and off its side.

Alcide curshed as he felt the cars spinning around him, trying hard toignore katra and jason's startled and scared yelps, folding his lrger body around the small woman holding him.Even if he wasn't sure that he wanted to be with her, he would protect her. Cursing as he felt the metal of the door pressng in against his back he felt ribs crackng as he curled away from the door.

"What...the hell?"Katra looked startled looking down at the man pulling the car back onto the road, staring at him before twisting to look at the others looking amused despite the circumstances as she saw alcide and jason holding their past wives and current interesting ever so gently, letting their own bodies take the abuse."Alec!Help me get them out of here."She cursed twisting in her seat, glad she was in the front seat and kicked at the broken window before climbing out, starting to reach back for the others. Trying so hard to not fall apart.

"You okay?Claire?Claire can you hear me?"Jason said panicked as he bent his head down to look at her as he held her against him, looking so very frightened for her.

Grace gasped as she felt Alcide wrap his body around her's like a large cage of protection, pressing her face into his broad chest. She didn't say anything; there wasn't time to. She just held on to him as her heart banged against her chest with fear and panic, scared not only the others were hurt, but her brother. Her eyes stayed closed and her nails bit into Alcide's skin. That was when she felt blood rolling down her fingers. She gasped, realizing that the door was pushing into the Alcide's side so tight that it was breaking he skin and bones underneath.

Alec nodded, his panic not allowing his to take a break to breath. He looked her up and down, noticing she was relatively fine before moving to the other doors, prying them open with his super human strength. However, he turned at the sound of screeching tires. His eyes went wide, seeing another car sliding toward Katra. "Watch out!" he yelled, grabbing her arm and yanking her behind him before reaching out with both hands. Amazingly, he managed to stop the car in its tracks wit his bare hands.

Claire looked up at him. "I'm fine," she gasped, holding on to her lover with a tight grip. "I just have a few cuts from glass," she murmured, "Are you okay, Jason?" She pulled back enough to see the damage, knowing that if he had time to think about it, he would have taken the brunt of the pain for her.

Alcide winced as he felt her nails digging into his skin, ducking his head, and the drunken man was very glad he was indeed slightly drunk considering it managed to dull the sharp edge of pain.Even if it still hurt like he'd been hit with a car."Don't..move...that hurts."The dark haired man cursed softly as he felt her pressing tighter against him. Glad that the car had stopped moving, even if the world was still spinning for him."You need to get out Grace.Go."he muttered foring his arms to open, letting her move away from him even as he leaned that broad frame back against the door that was conforming to his side, the dark bluish flare of fire swirling his eyes as he reacted to to the pain he was in.

Katra screamed as he yelled at her, started as he pulled her behind him, stumbling as the man held her there, and felt the car move against him even if he did stop it."Alec... are you okay?"She asked shifting to look at him, looking so scared that he was truly hurt despite doing such a amazing thing.

Jason looked relieved as he looked down at her, shifting a little, wincing."Shoulder's banged up. I cut my forehead see?"He said pouting a little as blood streamed into his eyes."Do you think it'll scar?"He said teasing her a little to get her calmed down, shifting."Claire...alec's got the door open.Get out. And help grace out.I'll get alcide."He said alredy starting to worm his way into the seat in front of him, bracing the larger man so he wasn't supproting his own weight, needing grace to move though so he could get him out. While the two men didn't particularly like each other, he knew that alcide wouldn't leave him here to die if he'd been hurt, so he really couldn't leave him either.

Grace swallowed hard, looking down at the shape Alcide was in. She winced and nodded, moving out of Jason's way so he could help the other man out of the car. Quickly, she stumbled out the broken window, her heels left behind in the floor board and the skirt of her dress ripped up the side. For some reason, she was scared to death Alcide wouldn't make it. She might not have been sure if she liked him or if he scared her or made her feel safe, but she knew she was frightened for him. What it was, she didn't know. Her heart thudded with Persephone's fear that her dear Hades' was hurt, and Grace had no idea.

Alec looked at his hands, not seeing a mark from the car. He glanced up at Katra, then the hand prints on the car, and he nodded. "I'm fine... Yea, I'm fine," he murmured a little dreamily. He swallowed and looked around him, shock evident in his tone, and suddenly shook his head. "No. No I'm not." And with that, he passed out right then and there.

Claire smirked a bit through her fear and shook her head. "I don't think it will scar," she murmured, laughing a bit. It seemed Jason could find humor in any situation... She nodded quickly and moved out of the car, giving Jason room to get Alcide from the back.

"bloody hell,Vestari, I'm going to kill you when I can move again. I swear to zeus, if you don't get away from me..."Alcide growled, shocky and drunk the man cursed the man helping him out of the car even as he helped him get out."Grace.go help katra with alec, me and claire got the brute."Jason said nodding towards where katra was trying to pick up alec to get him off the ground.

Looking relieved when the ambulance arrived, jason looked at the shocky and scared looking people, nodding a little towards grace and Katra."Which one do you want to ride with?I get my own ambulance."He said wincing as the EMT dabbed at his forehead, looking to where the other two EMT's were getting alcide and alec into the own ambulances. Katra bit her lip looking at grace, then at alec before sighing, realizing she couldn't do what she wanted."I'll ride with alcide.He's going to be cussing anyways.Might scar Grace."she said laughing a little because even the drugged slurring, the greek cussing was obvious.

Grace desperately wanted to go with Alcide for unknown reasons, but she knew Katra was right. He'd probably feel better with her in the ambulance anyway... She nodded and moved to get into the EMT truck along with her brother, pushing his blond hair away from his face and holding his hand. He seemed as if he had no scratches or bruises at all... How could that be? And it seemed as if he had pulled the car away from the ledge... Had he really done that, or had she lost her mind?

The next day, Alec had woken up in a hospital bed, feeling the hangover from the day before beating down on him. He looked to his left, seeing Grace asleep in the chair beside him. He smiled, and reached out to pat her knee, making her wake up with a start. After assuring her he was okay, and then interrogating her about her own safety, he asked her if Katra was okay.

Grace nodded. "I think so," she murmured, "I mean, I can't remember her having anything serious wrong with her... She's been with Alcide. Claire's with Jason in the waiting room I think."

Alec pursed his lips together. He needed to talk to Katra... He needed to know what had happened last night. Had he went crazy?

"Hey. Is he-"Katra said as she swung into the room, talking quietly before she realized that he was awake."Hey."She said smiling moving to the edge of the bed,"You get to go home today.Though you have to talk to the doctor first."She said sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at him worriedly. Disliking the fear she was still feeling, worried about him and scared over what happened the night before.

Jason smiled a little as he stirred in the chair, pressing a kiss to claire's hair."He's awake."He muttered nudging his girfriend, wondering how he'd been convinced to stay in alcide's room while katra went to see how alec and grace were doing.And he was so going to make claire deal with him. Settling back in his chair he had no intention of talking to a man who was grouchy on good days, with his ribs truly broken and screwed back in place, the man was going to be truly unbearable.

Grace stood up when Katra entered, giving her a friends nod before leaving the room. She could sense that her brother wanted to be left alone with the other woman, so she would give him his privacy. Plus, she wanted to see Alcide. She could not deny how amazed she was that he took the brute force of the wreck for her, protecting her from bodily harm. Moving down the hall in the pair of sweats that she had been given from the house to where, she entered Alcide's room right as Jason and Claire were walking toward it. She blushed and bit her lip. "You guys don't mind if I talk to Alcide for a moment, do you?"

Claire raised her eye brows, her hands laces with in her boyfriend's. She looked a bit irritated at Grace's presence, especially with her wanted to talk to Alcide. Again, even if she was absolutely in love with Jason, she still didn't like the idea of the new girl moving in on Alcide. She was too much of a "have your cake and eat it too" kind of girl... "I don't care," she snapped, "I'm sure Alcide will. I mean, he is the one with broken ribs because of you..." She rolled her eyes and pulled Jason toward a bench outside the room. Grace winced at her words, nodding and moving inside Alcide's room.

"Hey," she whispered gently, so soft compared to the rough, grouchy man. She moved to sit down in the chair beside his bed. "Alcide... I'm so sorry..." She frowned and shook her head. "Thank you so much... You didn't have to do what you did last night. I'm very grateful."

Alec looked up to Katra, frowning a little at her. "I'm glad you are okay," he murmured, "I, uh, I was just wondering... What exactly happened last night? I remember, but it feels like a dream..." He reached up and ran a hand through his hair, feeling vulnerable for once. He hated that feeling.

Back
Top Bottom