Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

FFXIII, God of War 3, Dragon Age: Awakening?

Osheaga

Supernova

• FFXIII is, to me, quite fun. I'm thoroughly enjoying the music and character
              antics, even though Vanille makes me want to pull my hair out.

GoW3 ... I got to Hermes, but, I stopped because he's frustrating me beyond
              belief. I think Kratos should FALCON-PUNCHHH him in the face but I've heard
              he does something much worse. I don't feel like chasing an arrogant little
              gay man around all day. :|

Lastly, DA:A. Haven't touched it yet, but I can't wait to!!!! :] I over-played
              DA when it came out, had to make sure to get every possible achievement.

So did anyone else get their hands on these games? Any input? Wanna
              criticize them? Like 'em? Hate 'em? Think Hera is an ugly cow and shouldn't
              have fucked the great ego that is Zeus? I wanna know.

[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I loved FFXIII. It made me want to be come a black man with a fro so I too could have a chobo.

God of War III was pretty sweet so far. Dub bought me the Pandora's box so that earned the game extra brownie points.

DA:A I'm probably not going to touch for a while. I have a stack of games that have come out in the passed few months I haven't finished yet.

I can say nothing about either FFXIII or DA:A as I've yet to play either but I did, however, plan on writing a review about GoW 3. I suppose this provides me with such an opportunity. I'll will try to keep it spoiler free for those interested in the story but for those of you considering purchasing this game allow me to give you some food for thought.

First, I will say that this game is epic in every way. The boss battles in particular are gorgeous and every bloody second just left me sitting there in awe. The environments are amazingly detailed as well, beautifully rendered. Though often revisited throughout the game, each has its own unique feel and are truly captivating.

The story is fairly well composed and the intro even includes a nice little refresher for anyone not entirely familiar with the series. I think that original fans of the series as well as newcomers both will ultimately, greatly appreciate this as the story unfolds through this final chapter. Though the game does seem to end rather abruptly, I managed to complete it in just under 8.5 hours.

If there were any downsides in my opinion, aside from the length of the overall game, I would have to say it's mostly due to repetition. Many enemies encountered throughout the game have been seen before in previous installments. Not to mention each of the weapons, save one, seem more like spin-offs of the Blades of Athena rather than new material altogether. Again, everything from weapon effects, spells and enemies look gorgeous I found myself a little disappointed that there wasn't any really new, groundbreaking material.

Please don't let this put you off of playing the game however. Overall, it does provide an amazing ending to a story 7 years in the making. Not to mention all of the extra content available upon completion of your first play through. With all of the trophies, challenge modes and collectible items found throughout the game, the game does have a high replay value. Furthermore, I think we'll also see some downloadable content in the near future.

All in all, I would say this game is definitely worth a rental. To the more hardcore fans, if you like testing your mettle and want to really get all those trophies, then playing this game through more than once will be most enjoyable and not feel so much like a chore.

• I haven't touched it yet, either. Between my massive Greek mythology paper
              due next Friday (I won't lie, I've been playing my God of War collectors addiction
              to help me study in a fun way), looking for a job and school in general.

I'm still playing FF13 too. xD

Maybe I have a bit of Dragon Age fatigue too, I might just have got every single achievement. *cough*

I am breaking my brain with Braid at the moment, so maybe after that? (I love that game! So goddamn pretty!)

• I haven't played DA in a while, but I want to play the expansion, like I said, though,
              I can't because I don't have the time. xD I'm on a strict schedule of work-search,
              FF13 and EVIL GREEK PAPAH'.

Braid ... Braid ... never heard of it. D:

Got 'em all, Finished FF13. Finished GOW3, working on the glorious Dragon Age. When's Metroid coming out? -_-

God of War 3.

Major orgasm.

I've had a thing for Kratos since the original. I'm totally going to get him or the Blades of Chaos tattooed on me at some point.

Aphrodite was fun as a mini sex game. But I wish they had told me I didn't have to search for the game. >.> Total waste of time hitting all the walls in the whole damn game up to that point.

Stupid Guitar Hero-esque video game in there. FUCK YOUR MUSICAL TALENT KRATOS. BASH IT IN.

The little gay man Hermes was hilarious to fight. I loved killing him. I hated chasing him. But him dying was great.

• If I ever decide to get any tattoos, they'll certainly be video game related
              since that's what I'm going into for a career, so they'll have permanent meaning.

I'm on Cronus now. All I have to say is wow. Simply wow. I don't think I've
              ever been so enthralled when it comes to a video game. As for FF13, I just
              defeated Bartandelus for the second time. Jesus. It was like a 20 minute fight,
              but it was quite fun! <3 Except when he kept throwing out Apoptis like some
              STD, and making me lose my buffs. D:

Could be worse, he could cast Doom too early in the battle for you to ever have a chance to kill him.... *mumbles*

• .... he did that to me the first time, I had like 1/4 left.
              I threw a massive fit.

Back
Top Bottom