Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How Can I Help You? (Candira/Vengir)

She nodded at his major, thinking suddenly that it suited him pretty well. "Maybe I will," she said with a grin. "It couldn't hurt, anyway. My favorite band is Eisley. They're a family band." Cora smiled back at him and started in on her meal again. "What about you? Anyone you like to listen to?"

"Oh, nothing local. in fact, most of my music isn't in this country." finally, sandwich gone, now for the apple. "I use music as a means to relieve stress. i listen to european rock and let it channel my anger and frustration." he glanced at her, smiling nervously. "i'm sure you'd make one hell of a kick boxer."

She nodded, fascinated by his interest in foreign music. "Is that so? I'd like to hear some of that sometime. Tell you what, I'll trade you a CD of Eisley for one of your bands. Sound fair?" Finishing off her florentine, she focused more on the soda she'd brought with her. At his glance she chuckled. "I'm sure I'll be something, alright." Cora sighed, leaning back in her chair, crossing her legs, drink in hand as she looked at the clock. "I really wish I didn't have to go back out there in ten minutes. Seems like lunch is never long enough."

"Stare at the clock. it'll feel like the time is moving much slower." he commented with a smile. "and if you want to listen to my music, do yourself a favor, and turn down the volume halfway before you play it. it's..loud." he sighed as he tossed the apple core into the trash can, finished with his meal. "Well, if it helps you relax, at least your work is only at work. when you clock out tonight, you won't have to worry about work until your next shift." he always tried to bring something to be grateful for her. always something to make her feel like it wasn't such a bad job.

She shook her head. "If only. Well, I'll keep it in mind if you agree to exchange with me." Cora drank more of her soda and licked her lips. "Well, thank goodness it's Friday," she said with a grin. "Maybe I'll sign up for some classes this weekend."

He gave a kind smile at her words. always smiling, always happy. "perfect time to sign up. relax tonight, sign up tomorrow, practice sunday." he worked on his soda, stopping every so often to read parts of the can. "next time we work together i'll bring a CD." he said, glancing at the clock with only a minute left to his break.

She smiled at him and killed the rest of her soda, tossing the can into recycling. "Well, I guess it's time to get back out there. Hey, if you're ever free and bored, you can give me a call if you like. I don't often have plans. It might be fun to hang out outside of work." With that she stood up, stretched, and then headed back out onto the floor.

"Same to you. if boxing isn't what you need, call me and we can hang out." he watched her leave while he finished his drink. tossing his trash in the garbage and cleaning his uniform before following her out, heading back to his department and the rest of his shift.

The rest of the day went fairly simply, with only the pickiest and snootiest of customers really causing problems. As per usual, she kissed up to her clients and gave them what they wanted, taking on the responsibility of the sales clerk and the disdain the people had for the sales clerk on herself. Say what they might about her, once the customers had her, the heat was on her alone--she saw to that first and foremost, even if she had to pretend to be upset with her staff--though sometimes she really was.

She needed a drink...she needed a taste of danger or violence...she needed to go home. She needed an action flick with a sexy lead, a daiquiri (make that a pitcher of those), and the comforts of yoga pants and homemade pizza. Possibly a nice neck and shoulder massage...but that would require someone touching her. With a sigh, she left the store, leaving the night crew there to lock up. The weekend meant two glorious days of doing absolutely nothing for anyone other than herself.

No one ever noticed Cora's attitude towards the customers. as nice as she was to her customers, most employees simply took it as sucking up to them. which was true, but Rayne saw it as more. the company didn't want customers to leave mad, but nothing said she had to bend over for them. if she was mean towards one customer, that customer would probably leave and not return, losing the company a tiny fraction of profit.

It was only an hour after Cora's shift that Rayne's ended. on his way out, he made sure to write down her number from the directory, and saved it in his phone. after that, he headed home, ready to relax and enjoy his free time as he always did, alone, in his apartment, watching the same videos and doing his homework.

By the time Rayne had gotten off work, Cora had gone home, ordered Chinese and taken a nice soothing bath. The warm, scented water eased the tense muscles and the bubbles had added a playful, cheery end to the day. By the time she'd gotten out of the bath and changed into comfy clothes, her food had arrived. So she settled in front of her tv to watch an anime instead--they were full of violence. YuYuHakusho, Chinese, and a hard lemonade and she was already relaxing.

Driving himself home, Rayne went up to his apartment. It was small. one half-kitchen, one main room, a bathroom, and a bedroom. in his kitchen he put a pot of macaroni on the stove and began to boil. slipping out of his work clothes, he placed them in a laundry hamper, gathered his friday set of comfy clothes, and went back to the main room, turning on his PS3 and setting it to netflix, flipping along to find some movie he hadn't seen already.

Sighing as Yusuke beat an enemy up, Cora set aside her food. It was just too lonely to sit here by herself. The alcohol was proving to do little to lift her mood. Maybe she should call someone. But most of her friends were busy--either working or with other plans. Who did she know who would be free? Well, she supposed that she could call Rayne. He'd be off by now, and he'd said he had nothing better to do...but did that mean he wanted to hang out with his boss? Frowning, she looked at her cell and scrolled through her contacts. He was there...should she call?

(*puts on a smart hat* actually, he said he'd be free to hang out if she wanted. :p )

a quick stir, a quick pour, and a quick use of the can opener, and Rayne's Mac and tuna was ready! oh he had cheese of course, but what he liked most was the tuna. he enjoyed his fish. sitting down in his seat, he placed his phone on the arm and turned on a movie he had overlooked awhile back; Forest Gump. he might have been too young before, but he liked the old movies. it was when people wanted to tell a story, not sell special effects.

She sighed and set the phone down. Wasn't that a little pathetic of her? Scooping up more lo mein, she pondered calling him. How would it be to hang out together anyway? She was his boss, after all. People rarely forgot about that sort of relationship in any situation. Besides, he was a psych major and from what he'd told her, he seemed like more of an introvert. She was only about half way through the movie she'd started. May as well finish it first. And besides, she was sure that it wasn't like he was just sitting around doing nothing. She should have some manners and give him some more time to himself, right?

So after her movie was finished and once she'd put away all her leftovers and threw the rest of her dishes in the dishwasher, she scanned her apartment for a mess. After she picked up a little more, she dialed Rayne's number, wondering if he might want to do something.

((lol I know. That's her thought process though.))

(it's not often i'm right, so when i am, i tend to want to state it. x.x sorry.. )

Rayne's movie over, he had his laptop in his lap, scanning through his classes, searching for any new homework to finish. he gave a soft sigh as he closed his laptop. no new assignments. he often wanted homework however, as he constantly wanted to do something. educational, recreational, anything he could entertain himself with besides netflix.

The phone in her ear went only one ring before it picked up. "Hello, this is Rayne."

"Hey, Rayne. It's Cora..." She hadn't actually been expecting him to pick up on the first ring, but hey, who was she to judge? Maybe the phone was just close...and now she was stalling. "What's up?" Lame. She probably should have figured out what to say first.

"I've got no homework this weekend, and i'm slowly running out of videos on netflix. ...I didn't think it would be this-" he stopped himself as he realised how crazy he must sound. "Nothing really, just finished supper. what can i do for you?" his words were so..lacking. it was a good thing he kept such an optimist voice, or he would sound bi-polar.

She bit her lip as she listened, a little surprised at how much he was giving away over the phone. Then again, he'd recovered just a moment later. Well, at least now she knew that she wasn't interrupting anything. "I see. I was just calling because...well, I wanted to know if you might like to hang out some time...tonight even, if you're free."

"I'm free." he replied quickly, glancing at the clock to see what time it was. "Where would you like to hang out?" he asked. he didn't know where she lived, and she didn't know his. so, in his mind, he thought a simple place to meet up.

Surprised, but pleased, with his answer, Cora smiled. "Well, umm... that depends. I guess I don't know much about what you like to do. But if you're up for it, I know a bar that has live music. It's a little place--more of a jazz place--but it's nice enough. And they have food and drinks...and it's close to other stuff. But we don't have to meet there."

"That's fine with me. When would you like to hang out?" he was so accepting. his voice seemed almost robotic in nature, he hardly seemed like there was any problem with them meeting. well, there wasn't. unless they called it a date.

Oh, umm...maybe an hour from now?" she offered. It would give her time to shape up a little and get ready for a night out. Plus, she'd have time to get there.

"see you then. Good bye." Rayne gave a charming farewell before ending the call, waiting for her to say good bye of course. at that point, he stood and went to his closet, sorting through his clothes. finally he found the set. Friday evening clothes. he got dressed in a pair of jeans and a grey t-shirt. changing his socks, he flipped open his phone and turned on the gps app. a quick type of the search menu, and he found the bar she mentioned.

after a good half an hour of stalling, he left his apartment and went to his car, starting it up and heading down the road and towards his...date?

Cora took a quick shower, dusted on some make up, slipped into a little black dress that accentuated her curves without showing off too much. It took her a good ten minutes to straighten her hair to perfection and tie it back into a sexy ponytail, then she was out the door. Confident that she looked great, the redhead made her way to the club, managing to make it on time and still find a good parking spot. She stood a few inches taller with her heels, but she would have been fairly easy to spot in the bar anyway. As she stood near the door, she wondered if Rayne was there already or if he was just finding a spot.

Back
Top Bottom