Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of Monsters and Men

Chiarra

Super-Earth
Aveline Rivers glared at the nearby mountains that hid a cave with a treacherous beast inside. That beast had been terrorizing her village relentlessly. In the past week alone he had taken half the live stock of their village and it didn't seem like he was going to quit any time soon. Her village was small, consisting of a few farms and not much else. It was so small that if you were walking by it and blinked you'd pass it up without even realizing it. She wondered why the dragon was terrorizing her village, it's not like they had any gold or treasure to spare, no maidens had been kidnapped, only their livestock was taken and presumably eaten, and their fields were burned.

There were plenty of wildlife for the dragon to hunt but no, he chose her village and it ticked her off more than scared her. The rest of her village was completely terrified of the dragon and when Aveline tried to get her fellow hunters together to fight him off they declined not wanting to provoke him even further. Ashamed that her village was full of cowards, she took up her hunting bow and daggers and went to hunt the beast having no idea of how strong he was or his capabilities other than breathing fire. She was nearing the cave now and she was cautious, she had her bow out and an arrow notched, prepared to let it fly at a moments notice.

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/192923-bigthumbnail.jpg

Ryzer was a contemptuous white a dragon that new his place in the world, and humans. His choice to hunt the tamed beasts was two fold. First it was easier then hunting. Second an most important he had a score to settle with the human race. The wounds he received from a haughty night flared up now and then. He could smell her the scent of youth and courage was about her and rank.

Ignoring her he examined his hoard gold and silver tumbled through his white claws. Humans may be weak but they had there uses. Closer the girl did not know when to give up. The traps he set did not seem to phase her one bit. It had been many years since anyone had the courage to meet him on his home ground. He moved swiftly dousing all but a few of the lanterns. The shadows swallowed up most of the room.

"Flee little one for i have a taste for human flesh" Truth was he did not boney, and small they tasted bad. he moved around the stalagmites and tights of the cavern. The sounds of his claws scrapping over stone could be heard. "You can't win not you, too weak to small and all alone" he smiled or tried to.

His voice sent shivers down her spine but she wasn't going to turn around and go home. No, he had terrorized her village long enough. Drawing her bow back further she was soon in front of the shadowy cave entrance. Then there was a sound after he had spoken the first time and it sent even more chills down her spine. It was an awful sound of those claws scraping against the stone.

"I may be alone, but I'm not weak!" she shouted at him. The bow she held in her hands was the type of bow a man would use, it took her the better part of a year to be strong enough to wield it and another to master it. Her eyes flicked through the opening of the cave, trying to spot him. It was dark but she saw movement and aimed her bow at him, releasing her arrow.

He caught the arrow breaking it in half. He knew this human thing, this stinging thing. He tossed both halves onto the floor emerging from the murk. "Children should not play with toys" The dragon was only twenty or thirty feet away. Too far for a sword or ax but very close for a bow or sling. It felt insulted this was all the humans had for him. "Go back to you're dolls" His eyes played over her body attractive for a human he guessed.

He moved back into the dark appearing from the right and closer then before. "Why have you come do you value you're life so little" Exhaling through his nose he kicked up dirt. He was in no mood for little miss hero. He burned to attack but held back. Kill only for food and protection, his fathers long forgotten words. He moved even closer but not nearly close enough for her to touch him.

She growled in frustration when she heard her arrow being snapped. Then when she actually saw the dragon she felt fear for the first time but it quickly turned to anger when he called her a child, she wasn't she was 18. "I'm not a child!" she shot back, "I'm a hunter! And dolls are for children!" He was too close for another shot of her bow and she dared not get to close to him to attack with a dagger, at least with him alert. "And this isn't a toy, it is a bow made by the finest of craftsmen of my village," she said. In truth her father had made it and shown her how to use it.

"I have come to slay you and vowed to not return until the dead is done! My people are starving because of your consideration!" She was completely furious now and all rational thoughts fled her mind. She grabbed her dagger and ran towards him screaming, "Die beast!"

Even a blessed blade of that size could not pierce his hide. Only if he exposed his underside would she have a chance in hell. "To one who has lived for centuries all humans are children" Dragon magic is strong, he could have killed her with a thought. Instead he produced a flash of blinding light "This is my land you humans are only squatters"

"Interloper do you wish to continue to fight" The dragon reached out for the human. He was in no mood for slaughter for that's what it would be, a fight implied a chance of loosing. He was amused by the girl perhaps she could amuse him for a little while. "So you want me to stop you're offer is leave or die, I have a counter offer convince me to leave I have plenty more humans to evict" he inhaled a decade ago he would have simply swallowed her whole.

She was blinded briefly which stunned her and gave him enough time to reach for her. He said this was his land and she said angrily, "Why couldn't you just leave us alone, we weren't doing you any harm?" She ignored his second question and instead focused on trying to squirm out of his grip. "And how am I supposed to convince you?" she asked. "All I have to say is my village isn't full of people who know how to fight. Only hunters and farmers, people who couldn't do any harm to you yet you terrorize them and starve them by burning the crops and stealing their livestock when there are plenty of wildlife for you to hunt!"

He laughs a rolling boisterous sound the bounces of the walls into the valley. "So many ways you humans are amusing, i like art can you sing, paint, or write" Or right the monstrous beast asks. he doubts it hunters fill there heads with nothing useful.

"Or, yes that i need a wife, to cook , clean and keep me company" He smiles revealing row upon row of razor sharp daggers. Hot air shoot out his nose she may get her wish of dying for her people. "Scream if its a no and i can get on with eating you"

He wonders if he has any spices humans are no good raw, or cooked plain. "Scream if you must then answer, grilled, fried, stewed or baked dishes choice" the beats asks wondering if they will send another hunter or simply move on.

His laugh frightened her and nearly deafened her. Then he asked her what her talents were in the arts. She snarled at him, "What does it matter if I can do those things?" Then he mentioned he needed a wife and then he smiled showing all those teeth. She realized then how foolish she was and was about to scream until she heard his final statement. She struggled in his grip as he continued, asking her how she would like to be cooked. "I don't want to be eaten now release me," she demanded.

He tossed her onto a pile of silts and tapestries all old all worth a small fortune each and though lost. "Then run away, run and see all around you wither and die" The dragon moved close to her his head over her body. "You say you are here to kill me, well young hero what will you do to save you're people" It was cruel to much to ask of anyone by far. "I told you this is not a game, go back and grow a little more, a little stronger, a little wiser, a little more grown up"

He tossed her onto the pile of silks and tapestries, thankful it was something soft to land upon. "I am a grown up," she said tilting her chin up. "And I'll do anything as long as you stop starving my people." She thought of her parents and little siblings, she would do anything to keep them safe.

((Be back in a few minutes, I have stuff to do))

He did not smile it made her too hard to deal with when she cowered "I will go light today, some cleaning and cataloging can you at least write" it asked most humans were amazingly ignorant. "But first i wish to see what i have acquired" He left it vague she had to be smart enough to figure out what he meant. humans may not be dragons but after thousands of years even dragons develop fetishes.

(no problem-welcome back)

"Yes I can write," she said glaring at him. Then he made a comment that sent a shiver down her spine. He said he wanted to see what he had acquired and she knew what he meant but she wasn't about to do that. Instead she said, "You've seen me, or are you blind?" The last part was said in a mocking tone.

He laughed "And you have seen far more of me" humans and clothing such a weak species. "Very well just take of the outer shell for now" he motioned he could do it for her if she had any trouble. It would be hard but he could do far more difficult tasks. Human modesty was just too much at times did they think the world revolved around them.

"I may have seen more of you than you of me, but I will not take my clothes off!" she shouted at him. She shouldn't have to, she said she would stay with him, but did he have to see her naked? She sat down and wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to keep him from stripping the clothes off for her.

He laughed what should he do "Is it my size and power" He asked wondering what would get her to trust him. He was not cruel by nature humans had made him so. "Can you cook then" He asked wondering how he could unwrap her without her getting hurt. He moved to a larger open chamber furniture was cut into the walls including a stove and ice box.

She just glared at him as he spoke and laughed at her. Then he asked if she could cook and she looked at him with a curious look on her face. "Yes I can cook, but why do you need a cook for? Don't you just eat your meat raw or burn it with your fire breath?" she asked him. "Or was that question more so I could feed myself?" she asked.

The dragon laughed human thought of dragons as only animals when it was they who were primitives. "Do you eat only bread and cheese" asked the dragon a little angry. He smiled thinking about what he would like to eat then decided what food he wanted. "What do you have against dragons" Hunter take years to train she must have had some previous grudge with his kind.

"No, of course not. I hunt meat and I eat meat, as well as the bread and cheese," she said. Then he asked her what she had against dragons. "The fact they are thieves and think they can do whatever they want just because they are the bigger and more ancient species," she said in a matter of fact tone, glaring up at him.

"You are one quick to anger" The dragon glared at her for several minutes before it began to draw symbols in the air. The glyphs emitted a pulsing light, dragon magic in its purest form. A hand shaped seat materialized from the floor beneath the huntress. "Is there nothing you desire, wealth, power, fame" Asked the dragon his determination growing to eclipse her resistance.

He watched her proud defiant eyes, trebling lips. She knew what he could do and still refused. "A challenge, the stakes being my claim to the land against you're innocence, ladies choice" The dragon shrank in size having not but contempt for mortals, humans in particular. Now as large as a horse, he reared up on his hind legs. His front hands became more human like. "Or are you a coward"

The dragon was glaring back at her and she didn't flinch when he started drawing symbols in the air. They were pulsing with light and they intrigued her but she didn't show it on her face. A chair rose beneath her, causing her to collapse on it, not expecting it to pop up out of no where. "I told you what I desired," she said in that same tone. Then he mentioned a challenge and started transforming. Was he turning into a human? "I'm not a coward," she stated angrily as he called her one. "I'll fight you," she said glaring, pulling out another dagger.

The dragon cackled you will never defeat me that wayh Growing tired the dragon swept its poisoned claws through the air. The scimitar like claws were hollow filled with a paralyzing poison. A little would slow her down enough would stop her heart. The claws danced through the air. Sooner or later he would find his mark. Killing her was not his plan, he had worse in mind.

"You should have hid youre revulsion better I will leave your defiled body for the villagersh The dragon swept down on her a step to slow would see her pinned to the wall like a butterfly. The dragons tongue lashed out to taste and restrain his victim. She was so small if she fought he would hurt her.

She kept the bravado on even as he laughed and swept his claws towards her. It was when the claws struck her did she flinch. The paralyzing poison burned as it went into her body, but it wasn't enough to kill her. She glared at him as he said she should have hidden her revulsion better and then grew scared at the mention of her defiled body. He swooped down at her and she wasn't fast enough to evade him thanks to the poison and she was pinned to the wall. His tongue lashed out at her and she tried to fight him off. "Get off me," she yelled.

"Now why should I, you come into my home and try and tell me what to do" The dragon laughed stroking its claw over her shoulder slicing through armor and cloth with equal contempt. The skin was pale and fragile it would have been all to easy to carve her up"What is it you humans say not over my dead body, trouble is you ma only dir after I finish" The dragon continued to peel her out of her clothing letting it fall in great strips to the cavern floor. Humans were strange creatures so weak and short lived. Still in thousands of years he had some strange fetishes. Mostly he was horny and wanted to punsih the humans any human for the death of his mate.

All of her bravado and stubbornness fled and left only fear when he started slicing her clothes and armor off. She wanted to struggle and get out of his grip but was afraid if she moved, she'd be sliced to ribbons along with her clothing. His words were what terrified her the most. Was he going to eat her alive? Soon she was naked before him and she covered her breasts up with her arms, whimpering. "Please don't eat me," she begged. "I'll leave and go home and never bother you again, promise."

Back
Top Bottom