Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Little Pick Me Up (RVJ94 and Searcher)

Searcher

Star
Tori Peterson - straight A student, cheerleader, pitcher for the school's softball team, and one of the most desired girls at school - dumped by her boyfriend of two years under the pretense that they would be graduating in less than a month and going their separate ways. She knew the truth though, that he had started sleeping around with Lindsey Banks. To say she was crushed would be an understatement and there was only one person who could help her through this. Thank God it was Friday and she'd be able to spend the weekend with Rachel, her best friend since sixth grade.

The relatively tall young woman stepped out of her car, slinging the overnight bag over her shoulder then strode toward the door of Rachel's house. Everyone in the neighborhood knew the bombshell well as she spent a lot of time there. Standing there, the shorts and tank top accented her 36D-24-38 hourglass figure, not to mention the long tanned legs with an ass and thighs meant for gripping. Long dark hair hung halfway down her back and those large dark eyes rimmed with thick lashes were full of tears as she opened the door.

"Rachel?!" she called out in a tremulous voice. There was no doubting the pain riddled in the 18-year-old's voice. "Rachel I really need a hug right now," she called out again as she ascended the steps to go toward the bedroom. She'd been like another fixture of the home for so long she hadn't even stopped to knock at the door or think she should at least wait downstairs.

Joseph Cole was sitting on the couch of the living room, enjoying a quiet night to himself. A divorced 40-year-old, the youngest of his 3 kids was spending the weekend with her mother across town, and his twin sons were off at college. Luckily, the divorce went generally smoothly for all of them. Him and his ex-wife made sure that the kids knew they loved them, and that none of it was their fault.

The only sound within the house was that of the air conditioner, and the baseball game on the big screen TV. He sighed, and had propped his feet up on the table in front of him, his left hand running once through his short dark brown hair, with slight hints of gray on the sides. Nothing was planned for the weekend, but that was ok. A long, stressful week at the office called for rest and relaxation for a day or two. Maybe he'll just watch a whole lot of sports, with a pit stop at the beach to check out the sights. Perhaps even go for a nice run, since it takes someone at his age more work to keep his frame at a lean 175 lbs.

A few minutes after the first pitch, the sounds of the front door opening, and a girl's voice cut through the sounds from the TV. It actually gave him a bit of a start. Did he forget to lock the door after checking the mail? That must be it.

The 6'1" man stood up and immediately hurried to the stairs. The voice sounded like Tori, one of his daughter's friends. And she sounded quite distraught, which only added a bit more quickness to his step. "Tori?" he called. "Is that you?"

Tori had only made it a couple of steps, putting her about boob to eye level for the man. "Mr. Cole," she squeaked and turned around quickly. "I"m so sorry for barging in ... I just ... just needed to see Rachel."

The normally smiling young woman was far from that at the moment, her dark eyes red rimmed with tears leaking and her bottom lip pooking out when she wasn't biting it back. Everything about her screamed dejection, from the slumped shoulders to the trembling hand on the handrail.

If anything, she looked like a puppy that had been kicked and tossed out in the cold rain. Those sad eyes settled on his and there was a bit of a hiccuping breath. "I figured she was holed up in her room studying and maybe ... maybe I could spend the night."

He had turned the corner, where the bottom of the stairs began, and nearly ran right into Tori. The 18-year-old took him by surprise (again) by standing only a couple of steps away from the floor. In fact, he had to take a half of a step back. If he went any further, he would have stumbled head-first right into her rather sizable chest. Later, he would think that that wouldn't be such a bad thing, and he may have even enjoyed it.

A thought for later, because she looked like someone or something had upset her greatly. He liked most of Rachel's friends, and had a soft spot for a few of them. Tori was one of those friends. That was partly due to him finding her the most attractive out of all of Rachel's friends, but he would never admit it to anyone. And with her eyes looking red and teary, and her voice all shaky, he felt bad for her, not even knowing what the cause of her troubles were. "Well, Rachel went to her mom's for the weekend. She won't be back until Sunday night." He rubbed the back of his next with one hand, while the other hand rested on the edge of the rail that lined the stairs. "Is there something wrong? You look like something's...bothering you" he said, offering up the understatement of the year.

Rachel's father had always been one of the coolest parents she'd ever met and thought she was the luckiest kid ever. He'd always gone to their softball games and let them have space when the girls got together and giggled over half the night. She'd completely forgotten Rachel was going to her mother's this weekend even though now she was technically an adult herself she didn't have to go on a set schedule.

"Damn," she muttered and struggled to collect herself as she wiped away some of the wetness from her cheeks. "I should have called first but ... I just didn't think." Looking into his eyes, she felt like she could talk to him where she couldn't her own parents and since Rachel wasn't here he was the only person she could turn to right now.

"Randy, my boyfriend, I found out he's been messing around with someone else and he just told me since we're going to different universities that ... that ..." She burst into tears again at that point, dropping the overnight bag on the stairs and sinking down with her face in her hands. "Said it was time for him to find someone better," she sobbed.

He cringed when she told him about what her now ex-boyfriend said. That was kinda brutal, with how the breakup went down. Man, some high school kids can be downright harsh. The result of that harshness was merely inches in front of him, in a curled up ball of sadness and tears. The sounds of her sniffling and  heaving as she tried to explain the situation, and watching the tears fill up the brim of her eyes and quickly roll down her cheeks, it was really tugging at him. 

He knelt down if only to not have to look down to her, and put a hand on her shoulder. It was her pitching shoulder, if he remembered correctly. Giving it a light squeeze, he said, "Wow, I'm real sorry to hear that, sweetie. But if this is the kind of guy he really is, maybe it's for the best."

"I didn't wanna believe he was seeing someone else, thought the last two years were special," she replied and seemed to deflate when he put his hand on her shoulder. "You're probably right ... just ... thought we'd make it through college and get back together on breaks."

For a moment she was quiet and then shook her head, the dark hair spilling around her shoulders and the ends brushing across the top of her breasts. "Gah you don't wanna hear this," she groaned and wiped at her cheeks as she stood quickly, causing his hand to brush over her breast though she was paying more attention to gathering up her bag.

"I should go home and let you watch the game." She didn't want to be alone but no one was really available. She could call Rachel but she knew she cherished her times with her mother so was just going to try to suck it up, maybe take some sleep medicine and force herself to sleep and not think about what had happened.

Tori stood up rather quickly, and Joseph couldn't pull his hand back in time without it grazing her right breast. That's probably the only time he would even touch it, he thought. And if she noticed, it wasn't being brought up. Which was for the best anyway, as she was undergoing a very stressful moment.

"Well, if you need to vent to someone, I'd be willing to listen," he genuinely offered. He didn't know where her parents were, but that didn't matter at this time. She could have easily went to another one of her friends, but she came here first, and it was the least he could do, by extending the offer. Then to sweeten the deal, he said with a smile, "IF you need comfort food, I've got some Dutch Chocolate ice cream that you can eat straight from the bowl."

It was funny but Tori didn't feel awkward at all in his company. "Everyone else is out and Mom and Dad took a weekend for themselves," she said and actually chuckled at the mention of the ice cream. "I'm surprised you have any left since Rachel and I usually sit up half the night eating it straight from the carton."

The last thing she really wanted right now was to be alone and rubbing underneath her puffy eyes, she had a hopeful look. "Maybe I'll take some of that and watch the game with you, just sort of forget about him and maybe call the ump an ass," she gave a half-smile. "If you really don't mind," she added.

"I have to keep my freezer stocked. Otherwise, I'll hear nothing from Rachel other than the constant complaining about, 'Oh, why haven't you bought any yet?' " It was never mean-spirited from Rachel, though. She knew that eventually, he'd buy some again during his next trip to the grocery store.

The sounds from the TV indicated that the game was between innings, as it was running a commercial break. He probably didn't miss much, and with the distraught young woman who was now gonna be his houseguest for a while, it didn't matter. He had a habit of somehow being a sounding board for his friends and people he cared about, someone that they could vent to and he would listen, and occasionally offer some advice or a different perspective. He had no problem doing this tonight for Tori. Never mind that it gave him another opportunity to discretely check her out. He nodded towards her overnight bag and said, "Just put your bag somewhere, and meet me in the living room. You know where the kitchen is at."

In spite of her hurt, Mr. Cole did a fairly good rendition of Rachel in her whiny mode and it brought out a quick giggle. "I really appreciate it Mr. Cole. Everyone else is out tonight and my parents went on a mini-vacation. A little ice cream and a game should get me going well enough."

Setting her back down underneath the table next to the staircase, she padded into the kitchen and nabbed a couple of bowls and spoons then doled out some for both of them. He could hear her puttering around, sounding just like Rachel in a way and then the pressurized sound of whipped cream being sprayed.

A couple of minutes later, she appeared and handed him a bowl then sort of plopped down on the couch and tucked her legs up under her. "Good ... I didn't interrupt too much. Just about to start the second inning and no score yet," she commented with a bit of relief. Taking a bite, he noticed she would turn the spoon over in her mouth to better get everything out of the small bowl of the utensil.

Joseph gave her a friendly smile. "That's good," he finished before finally returning to the living room. He took a seat on the end of the couch, giving her enough room to not feel uncomfortable, but not too much to indicate that he was trying to keep his distance. He watched several commercials for the games televised later in the week in different sports, and for what show is coming up right after this game. He heard several noises from the kitchen, but it was nothing more than bowls being grabbed, and the freezer door opening and shutting.

Soon enough, Tori appeared and handed him a bowl of ice cream. "Thanks," he accepted, cradling the bowl and securing the spoon with one hand. Texas was up at bat to start this inning, and the play-by-play guys were commenting on the batter. Turning to her, he replied, "Yup, it just started," watching as she cleaned off the spoon with her mouth in one smooth motion.

Though it was a slow journey, the ice cream eventually disappeared and she went into that mindless mode that people tend to get when they watch sports and especially ones they play themselves. Well, softball wasn't exactly baseball but too similar to quibble. At one point she jabbed her empty spoon toward the screen. "That ump is blind. No way that was a strike," she harrumphed.

It was during the change in fields of the 9th inning with a commercial that she stood and leaned across him to grab the bowl off the end table, an unconscious movement that brought her upper body extremely close to him. "I'll rinse these out and put them in the dishwasher," she told him and strode off with a bit of giggle in her backside.

She'd been quiet other than talking about the game, obviously just trying to shove her hurt feelings aside. In the kitchen, she realized she'd been checking out her best friend's father and felt color rush to her already deep golden skin. He had a strong jaw and nice lips but what she found interesting was how she'd felt a stirring when she glanced at the touch of gray at his temple.

It had been a month since her boyfriend had touched her, even spent real time with her and she knew why but it still left her feeling lonely. She missed feeling attractive and wanted, even if the sex had never been that great. Her mind started wandering to Joseph, how an older man would surely be a great lover. Slowly she closed the dishwasher door and stood there stunned at the direction of her thoughts.

They spent most of the game talking about just that, the game. What was going on, who was who, what the players should have and shouldn't have done, etc. She seemed knowledgeable enough to keep up an intelligent discussion, and her softball background certainly enhanced that. She kept up with him for sure, and the thought creeped into his mind that it may have been fun to watch a game with her, something he should've invited her to do long before tonight.

She wasn't shy enough to reach over and grab his empty ice cream bowl. Her closeness, her lack of fear in reaching across him, and her disappearance into the kitchen were all watched by him. He had always maintained a balance of being the father of Tori's friend and the authority that came with it, and being friendly and even charming to the friends such as Tori, while hiding the animal lust that he would have for her. He knew that nothing would probably ever come of it, but there was nothing wrong with fantasizing about it, with the occasional longer-than-normal shower. That balance was being tested tonight, as they were alone, with no signs of a third party coming in. But she was also feeling upset with the breakup, and his caring side said that it would be wrong to think anything along the lines of taking advantage of it.

But that's what the caring side said.

"Hey, you're gonna miss the bottom of the 9th!" he shouted from the living room.

His calling her snapped her out of her reverie and she realized the game was going again. "Shit!" he could hear quietly yet perfectly clear and heard her semi-running footsteps of bare feet and then suddenly she hopped over the back of the couch and flumped down sort of in the center and immediately bounced to the side she'd been sitting on before. "Sorry!" she said, seemingly for both missing part of the game as well as jumping on the furniture.

At least it gave him a good view of her large breasts bouncing with every move. Reaching up to run her fingers through her hair, he could see the bare skin of her underarm and part of the curve of her breast as the snug-fitting tank top strained to cover her. "How much did I miss?" she asked as she turned to face him, suddenly feeling butterflies in her stomach from the way he was looking at her.

As soon as she entered the living room, he turned his head and saw her as she nearly leapt onto the couch. It was about two seconds between the time he saw her and the moment she found her seat. At least she still had her youthful exuberance, he thought. He had always thought that she seemed like the fun type of person, one who was always full of spirit and life.

Her jumping onto the couch and constant movement certainly made her breasts move around, which were only quite accentuated by her form-fitting tank top. He wasn't complaining that it was leaving little to the imagination, although he couldn't help but feel a little bit teased by it all. "You didn't miss anything," he reassured her, peeling his eyes away from the teenager with a virtual scraper and turning them back onto the game.

Any teasing he felt was certainly unintentional as this was what she wore most of the time outside of school. She'd thought she would just be wallowing on Rachel's bed with a spoon and carton of ice cream but instead she was watching a ball game.

"Good good," she said quietly and watched the rest of the game quietly. At the end she found herself brought back to reality by a commercial of a man who went to the right jeweler and presented a ring to his lady love. "Dammit," she grumped and turned her face away from the TV.

"Why do they promote love when it doesn't really exist? At least not like that," she waved at the TV. "No one stays married anymore and most relationships don't last more than a year or two. Sometimes I wonder ... why bother?"

The game was finally ending, and with his team on the winning end, he was a happy camper. And he had a good time discussing the match-up between the two teams, and the sport of baseball overall with her. Too bad that it had to come at a moment when she needed to cry on Rachel's shoulder. At least, it wasn't so bad for him.

He wasn't surprised to hear her complaining about love. It had been only hours since her life was supposedly turned upside down, that her heart was ripped out and stomped on. Her words were full of sarcasm, in his view. Oh, she was so young, and had yet to really experience what it's like to date different people, to see things from an adult perspective. "You were really into him, weren't ya?" he asked, right after the jewelry commercial ended, and one for a plumbing and drain cleaner began. "You were thinking about spending your future with him."

She was quiet for a little bit, shifting to lean her arm on the back of the couch and rest her head against her palm. "I don't know if I really thought we would be together forever or what but I just never really thought about anyone else. He'd been distant for a couple of months and that's when I heard he was screwing one of the Cheerios."

When she looked up at him, she debated saying more but he seemed willing to listen and he wasn't stuffy like so many other dads. "He told me he was bored, that I didn't excite him anymore. I tried to get him to try things, at least talk about different things we could try ... but he said I should just know. He's the only one I've been with so how am I supposed to learn stuff and why should it just be me?"

She'd blurted that last out and felt her cheeks burning. "Oh wow, so didn't mean to say all that and you're probably thinking OMG TMI." Now he was probably trying not to laugh and agreeing with Randy, that she had a lot to learn in pleasing a man.

Joseph was pretty surprised to be hearing what he was hearing. Yeah, her and Randy had been together for two years or so, and they probably had been sexually active at some point during that time. But he never expected to even overhear a discussion about her sex life , let alone have that discussion with her. His eyes lit up slightly, but he made sure it was only a fleeting moment.

"Well," he started off with a hesitant sigh, "That really wasn't fair of him to give you a reason like that. I mean, ya'll are only 18, and haven't dated many people or had time to experience much." He stopped, only for a moment. "Even, um, in the bedroom. It wasn't fair of him to put that kind of pressure on you."

"Besides, with all of your inexperience, I would be willing to bet that you really haven't felt what true love is like. You've got plenty of time to do that, though. And you'll learn a lot about love, and yourself, in the process." While he wasn't insinuating learning about new things in the bedroom, it was only natural that she would pick up on several ideas to spice things up. It was also natural for him to wonder what she had already known in the bedroom. She couldn't possibly be that boring. And even if that was the case, and with a killer body like hers, he would've loved to have had the chance to show her a thing or two. But that probably won't ever happen, he thought.

She was pensive but relieved he didn't laugh at her. He had a lot of good points and she looked up into his warm eyes and sighed. "I thought I loved him, that he loved me too. I wonder now if he said the things he did just to be able to get some because no one else would. About the only thing he really seemed to like was a blow job."

Again she winced, figuring she'd said too much. "Sorry ... it's just all sort of left me thinking none of it's worth the time and effort. I should have been strong like Rachel, not cave. She's a good girl, waiting until she's married." Maybe she could give him a little comfort, sort of a thank you for listening to her. She was about to say something but covered her mouth as she let out a huge hiccuping yawn. "Dang it's late. I better get home," she said as she stood. "Thanks for the game and the ear ... I really appreciate the advice."

There she goes again, he thought as soon as she said it. Was she again trying to tease him by giving a few details of their sex life, and claiming that it wasn't on accident? If so, she succeeded in getting his mind only deeper into the gutter. But now was not the time to think about her with a hard cock in her mouth, since it was currently too much of a load on his mind to take. So to speak.

"That girl BETTER wait until she gets married," he said with a nervous laugh. After all, that was, and always will be, his baby girl. "But look, I know that your folks are gone. So if, ya know, you wanna stay here tonight, you know you're more than welcome to. You can sleep in the guest bedroom, since I don't think Rachel will want you messing up her bed or anything." She had always been nit picky about her things. In a way, that was good, since you didn't have to tell her twice to clean her room.

It was a genuine offer, one that he wouldn't extend to anyone but people he could trust. He didn't figure Tori to be one of those that would snoop through everyone's things, or leave the room or the house a mess for others to clean up. Indeed, he had taught Rachel well in knowing to hang out with the proper crowd.

"Rachel wouldn't care if I slept in her bed since we've slept there together plenty but ... the guestroom would be fine," she stated. "If I weren't so dang tired I'd just go home," she said around another yawn. All the emotions and venting had left her feeling wrung out and if she woke herself up enough to drive home where she'd be alone, she have to deal with laying awake nitpicking over things that would just make her feel worse. "Thanks Mr. Cole," she said leaning over to give him a hug like Rachel would. "You're just as good as the school counselor."

Picking up her bag, she made her way up steps she'd known for several years now though reminded herself to turn one door sooner for the guest room. Slipping off her shorts and bra, leaving only her tank and panties, she crawled into the bed and curled around the extra pillow. It took a few minutes but she drifted off to sleep though it was far from peaceful. Tossing and turning, she kept waking up from dreams of Randy and the things he'd said. Around two in the morning, she sighed in frustration and got up to get a drink of water. Soundlessly she made her way downstairs and got a glass before opening the fridge and taking out the gallon pitcher of extra purified water that she and Rachel always drank.

Joseph subdued the eagerness within himself, and hugged Tori equally as she did him. "Anytime," he said with a smile. He was happy to help, and judging from her overall behavior, she seemed to be doing much better than before, when her eyes were spewing like a broken faucet.

He spent the rest of his evening alone, flipping through channels. First, from the local news, then to more ESPN, then to some South Park, then back to where he started from. Wash, rinse, repeat. But as the night wasted away, he eventually decided that it was a good time to hit the hay. A push of the power button on his remote punctuated that decision.

Sleeping in nothing but a dark gray pair of boxers, he didn't fall asleep as easily, compared to a normal night. There was really no other way around it, he had been distracted by the thought that it was only him and Tori in his home. That had to be the first time that's ever occurred. Every other time involved Rachel, their friends, other adults, or any combination of the three. He spent a good chunk of the night trying to restrain his years-long lust for her, and not to check her out blatantly, if only at the least, it was rude.

Finally having enough, he got up from out of bed to get a drink of milk. He crept past the closed doors to all of the other rooms and quietly stepped down the stairs.

The light at the top of the stove was on, which was not unusual. It provided a nice little night light for when he or Rachel got a drink during the early morning hours. But he noticed that there was a little extra light as he approached the corner. As he turned, he found the fridge door open, and Tori standing there wearing even less than before.

"Feeling thirsty, too?" he said to her.

Tori had just taken a sip when the voice behind her startled her, causing her to flinch and nearly do a spit take. "Mr. Cole! I'm so sorry," she stammered a little and self-consciously held her arm across her bust and crossed her left leg in front of the right, almost like she was trying to cover herself.

"I woke up and was thirsty, tried not to wake you up," she stated with a guilty and apologetic tone. Even as she spoke, her eyes took in the mostly nude form. He was hotter than Randy and she definitely took a drink of water as she felt her knees go weak. The pull in her gut was strong, even stronger than when she and Randy first became sexually active. Seeing her best friend's father in a new light, she couldn't keep the desire from shining in her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom