Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do My Bidding (I and Karo)

Rieo Deal

Moon
The General had taken on a surprising relaxed form this evening in the Netherworld. He sat upon his throne in the form of some young rebellious newborn with a nack for pointless mischief. He seemed anxious do something or act on that naughty glint that was in his eye. Considering that this chaotic world was wracked full of unbelievable possibilities, that chances of him doing something outrageous were highly likely. With the great power he posessed why wouldn't he? Gavine understood the sentiment. She was impulsive as well, but not quite as powerful or old as the General himself. She hadn't the luxury of raping and pillaging all that she saw without consequence. Still, the sheer privelage of standing before the throne was enough to calm any mischief she was considering. For now.

Gavine had never seen what The General actually looked like. As a powerful shapeshifter he made a point to wear a different skin every few cycles. It was confounding why he picked each form and even more frightening to walk the halls and streets of their lawless realm because any face could easily be his. He had a knack for mingling with the commoners and catching disobedients red handed. Sometimes he would coax those already tempted into committing one of the few punishable crimes present, then torture them publically to teach them a lesson. Other times he actually helped in committing the atrocity itself and then punished the criminal. He was a very active high authority in the Netherworld, which was why what little order was maintained could be sustained. Though, it was stated that he did not do it to keep any actual control at the lower levels. The General was easily bored and excited in mayhem. It was more dangerous to force him to remain idle then act rather than allow him to entertain himself as he pleased.

Nonetheless, such a back story had little bearings on the actions at present with Gavine and Tiferet. Now was a time of importance. A time of action. A great change for the demons, ghouls, goblins, and dark spirits of the Netherworld. Now was the time to prepare for the Great Conquest, which was why the two females were called in.

Gavine took a knee with her head bowed before the thrown, one cruelly clawed hand pressed on the polished stone beneath her while the other rested upon her thigh. Her skin glistened in the ominous light that seemed to come from no particular source as no candles existed in this realm. Candles were a symbol of rituals and prayer. Demons did not pray. To own one was against the law. The General stared at the pair for some time, increasing the tension or simply enjoying the control. They were not allowed to speak without permission and though they were crucial for the mission he was not against slaughtering them for insolence. Another pride of being one of the most powerful forces. Finally, even he waned of the silence and stood up, stepping down the two levels of stone steps to his soldiers.

"Do you know why I've called you two insignificant specks to me this cycle?" He began, a wicked grin smearing his boyish features. His eyes flicked between the two.

Gavine new better than to answer. It was a rhetorical question. They knew quite well what their task was. It was well described in the summons.

When no annoyance came his grin flickered, disappointment briefly shadowing his face. "Our time is coming again. We stand here in the dark, waiting for our turn at the apple, but it is never offered to us as promised. It is time to take it, yet." He was describing Judgement Day when Hell was to rise up and reign over Earth. Apparently, someone did not hold His side of the bargain because that day never came and was said that it never would. A lie. So much for holy dieties' honesty.

"But we are locked away. We see the feast behind an invisible shield! But I have learned of a back door!"

Here, Gavine was surprised. She thought it was to be their job to find a way in. Her head briefly raised and was met with a swift SMACK! She flew back onto her backside and nursed several slashes across her cheek. Her thin silver tail flicked angrily, but she did nothing else. He had been waiting for that. A reaction. Anything to release his pent up excitement on.

"Sadly, it is not large enough to fit a demon of my size. It is but a slither, a crack to which a few could slip through before an alarm is set and ultimately shut. Not enough for a true conquest." His voice lowered with sobering frustration. There were some drawbacks for such an enormous power. "You are to go in my stead. Learn how to rip the hole further. Learn if those cattle are still watched over with blessings. Tell me their defenses, their strength in will. Stir chaos and study their reactions! I want to know all!" His eys flashed a fiery red , heat literally emitting from them. "To whoever impresses me best will be given a title, land, power, an army of her own! The second.. will serve the first. Bound for eternity. Sworn to duty." He paused and toyed with Tiferet's feathers in her left wing, then plucked one. Twirling it around in his clawed hand he grinned happily once more. "That should be incentive enough to work at your upmost."

It was an honor to be called in front of the general. Tiferet knew this as much as her apparent partner in this mission did. She also knew the dangers of being in his presence, and as was commanded, she had fallen to her knee in front of the demon lord, her head bowed down as he spoke. Her only movement was an occasional shifting of crimson-feathered wings as they caught even the slightest breeze that filtered through the air.

It was rare that he called on his servants-that's what they all were to him, afterall- before him by name. With this being the case, there was no doubt that this was a mission of utter importance. Even without the briefing, all knew that something big was about to go down.

She remained utterly still as the General spoke to them, describing their mission to them. She was about to move, to look up in surprise along with her ally, but hearing the shifting next to her, then the pronounced 'smack' that sounded for her breaking the respectful, subservient posture he expected of them, she quickly supressed the urge. She was unable, however, to hide the hint of a smirk that filtered over blood-red lips.

Her eyes moved up to him at the mention of their promised rewards. Of course, the threat of being forever below the other one in rank was enough to motivate most of their kin. Tiferet, especially. She wasn't a servant, to all but the General himself, she had always felt a smug sense of superiority. Her thoughts were broken by the general's hand on her wing, stroking a particularly sensitive spot to earn a tiny shiver that traveled down her spine, then a sudden yelp as one of the bright feathers were removed.

He clicked his tongue at her, and shook his head at her response, landing a correcting blow to the back of Tiferet's head to cause her to drop down into the bow she had so recently broken. He paced around the two of them for a few moments, letting them sit in silence to dwell on the details of their mission.

"I expect the two of you will make quick work of this.' he continued. "You should be able to get through undetected; they won't be expecting two lesser creatures like you to be leading the attacks. He paused again, this time to grip Gavine's chin as he tilted her head up to look at him. "And I do think you understand what will happen if you fail..." he said, forcing her to respond with a nod, grinning far too brightly at her.

He released her as he returned to his throne. "You have your mission, now go.' he said. "I expect a report as soon as possible.'

(Hope I got him ok for you :3 I'm always wary of doing anything with characters other people introduce xD)

(Don't worry. I tried to make his personality as sporadic as possible so 'messing' him up would be hard. Just stay sadistic and you have The General. Besides, it was but for a second.)

Gavine was not all offended by the slap or the frustrating nod that he forced out of her. Instead she was irritated at her competition who no doubt pleasured in seeing her ridiculed in sport. The silver blooded demon could not help but humor in seeing the same treatment put upon the winged demoness. That was how The General wanted it anyway. He could defile who he pleased and instead of hating him he somehow was able to deflect it to another. Something about being expected to be evil made it hard to give two shits a damn how you were treated. The psychological topic was over though, for now. Seated upon his thrown the finality was of their briefing was over.

Gavine slowly raised and bowed to her superior until she realized she had no idea where this rip was. Apparently it was out of the way or else smaller creatures would have flooded through and certainly seen it shut. As if he read the silver creature's concerns he began to laugh and sat forward in his thrown, his elbows resting on his knees as his hands hung lazily. "Your destination is in the center of Lower Valley," he said as if it meant nothing. Lower Valley was highly populated and certainly the hole was found already, maybe even the worst. She opened her mouth to speak her concern then shut it quickly. He did not like being questioned. But it was too late, he saw the movement and his eyes became insanely wide like a ravenous wolf finally cornering its prey.

Yet, with the murderous joy radiating from him he just sat there forcing beads of sweat trickle down Gavine's brow. The game stretched on until he grew bored and sat back once more, waving his hand dismissively without another word. While it would have been wonderful to see her ripped apart slowly by the stretching of chains he had no desire to find another with her potential to grow on the other side. The same for Tiferet. He would never let them know what they were made out of or that they threatened change. A civil war if they became too powerful. As long as they believed they were nothing they would remain as nothing. So, he made them strike a war against one another. What happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object? He didn't care as long as they were distracted with one another.

Gavine bowed again quickly and stalked out of the audience chamber briskly, but still trying to contain the speed as to not completely give away her immense fear. She had been that close to a fate worst than death. Her stubborn acts of defiance was impossible to train out. She would not be able to escape such a terrible display a second time. The the great towering double doors shut behind the two demonesses, giving Gavine the privacy she so desired. She looked at the motley colored winged woman and smirked, no longer threatened. "This will be a synch. I wouldn't even advise you to waste your precious energy. He treats me such a way because he knows I am strong and babies you because you can not handle real responsibility. I'm sure if you stay he will find some use for you until I return. Maybe join his Pained Harem?"

She laughed as she swayed her hips, traveling down the hall to the stables where various beasts for riding sat waiting. Lower Valley was an easy run down, at least half an hour tops, but she wanted to appear in style. She wore a doubly split skirt that left her legs exposed and split once again at her tail. A string barely considered as a type of loin cloth wrapped around her tail and parted her glittering cheeks. Her top was nothing but a pair of wraps about her breasts, spilling out freely. Gavine was a silver blood, a creature whose every fluid allowed her some control over a person if it touched the weak and was ingested by those stronger. She could will it to poison, burn like acid, mind control those who drank it, and many other fun chemical processes.

She scrambled out of the chamber along with Gavine, glad to have gotten out of there without incurring too much of the General's wrath. He was an unpredictable man, to say the least, going from sadistic to extremely sadistic at the blink of an eye. It was best to hope briefings were short enough where he couldn't become too fickle and decide his latest charges weren't worth the effort and simply slaughter them for his own amusement.

Once they were outside, she gave a little indignant flutter of her wings, pouting over the missing feather. It was hardly noticeable, but *she* knew it was missing, and she had always kept her wings in perfect condition, her one very proud source of any vanity.

"Hardly." She replied to the other demon's taunting as she preened her wings carefully, folding them neatly at her back. If it wasn't for those bright wings, burning red eyes, and subtly elongated canine teeth, she might have passed for human on the surface world. "He treats you in such a way because he thinks you are an idiot who needs constant coaching." She said simply. She waved her off as the other demon started towards the stables, taking wing to take a more direct route down to the Lower Valley.

Like the other, she wore little in lines of clothing, her top made of a hard, blackened metal to serve as what little protection such a small bit of covering could offer, the same sort of belted cloth draped over her hips. Really, she only covered up because some sense of modesty demanded it. At the very least, it made her a less obvious target for some of the more brutal demons' whims.

By the time Gavine had reached the center of the Valley, she was greeted with the sight of Tiferet already snooping around, on high alert for any sign of a rift or tear that would let them through, without rousing the suspicion of so many others. While two moderately powerful demons might slip through undetected, an entire swarm of them would be trounced for sure, and the rift sealed right back up.

Gavine watched the flighted demon take off with a grace she would never admit her having. No jealousy lined her thoughts. Honestly she found such wings to be a hindrance in a fight and simply, in general. One could not sleep on their back comfortably nor could they fit through smaller cracks with the things folded. No, Gavine had long found pride in her life upon the surface suffice enough. She sent for an extra agent mount to town and stable boy brought back a vicious creature that snarled and snapped. It was feline in nature but stood like a horse. She spit in its mouth and whispered at it lovingly, "You are mine." Instantly it stood upright and cooperated. a blank stare reaching its wild eyes.

She climbed atop its saddle swiftly and road at a generous pace down the hill to the Lower Valley, considering where the tear could be and just what precautions were used to keep it away from the public. Though The General was an imposing force there were still those who tested their luck. Gavine came to center of time, watching Tiferet circle about like a falcon stalking. She shook her head, as if that was how one found things that could be of any location. The Silver Blood dismounted and grabbed the reigns as she scoured alleys, pits, and left the rooftops to the bird girl. After some time of not finding it she considered a desperate place it could be.

The Silver blood whispered into her mount's ear and smacked its rear, having commanded it to return to the stables. She took in a deep breath and knocked in the first door she came to. "I am here on The General's command. If he has left something in your charge I will see it in my possession lest you suffer the consequences!" The occupants stood dumbfounded by the mention of the infamous General. Gavine took the opportunity trash the drab home until she was satisfied. With no reward she left, spitting on the ground where an acidic steam floated upward. She continued this until one particularly terrible little shack caught her eye. She knew this quarter was poor but this appeared built more crudely than normal, just carelessly tossed together. Like everything The General planned. She phages passed the ripped rag that acted as the door and saw two things.

First was Crazy Man Moore. He was an ancient old demon that had as much power as he had wits. He seemed frightened to stand next to the second thing, a literal rip in the air. Foreign sounds emitted out of, some similar to an annoying honking. Gavine eyed Crazy Man Moore suspiciously.

"No, not seen am I!" He struggled to hide behind his splintered cane. "He holed me up here with the sounds! I give and you go, see?" He pointed towards a pile beside, Gavine. There was a pair of each item, intended for two people to pick from. Two illusion charms, enchanted items, and elaborate daggers, no doubt enchanted as well. She smirked and considered getting a head start but was unsure of the consequences. What if humans were great mages? Masters of science? Protected by blessed creatures of the light? What if they were allergic to sunlight? No, it safer to send Tiferet through first. She tossed her head to the side and whistled loudly and no more. Let her figure out what the whistle was about.

Back
Top Bottom