Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Belle seeks Liberty (Wolvenrogue and Whispered Desire)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Nathaniel Strong spent his life in the woods. He made his living hunting and trapping. The sandy haired man was as honest as the day is long. He lived a simple life. He neither borrowed nor leant, and treated women with respect. For the most part, he had little use for money, except when it came to guns and powder, and with the war starting up both were in short supply and expensive. It was in that connection that he entertained the idea of working for Colonel Carter of Savana Georgia. It seemed his young daughter Eliza Belle had grown tired of her mother's authority and taken it upon herself to saddle a horse and leave home and family with little or nothing i the way of supplies. She couldn't have picked a worse time to do it, and with a war on across the south comforts were in short supply and generosity in short supply.

Nathaniel, 6 ft 2" and 180 lbs of muscle strapped to a wirey frame took off from Savanna with letters in hand fro the arrest of the girl, and her immediate return. for which he would receive the then grand sum of $1000 yankee dollars. The Colonel had tried to covince him to take a horse, but Nathaniel preferred to rely on his own two feet. He felt confident, that circumstances being what they were it would play to his advantage.

His first day on the trail he spent locating her trail with the help of a piece of her clothing and his old dog Blue a fine Tennessee hound. Within an hour, blue was on the trail and they were off walking through the night as a sent required no light. Just after midnight Mathanial and Blue curled up next to a tree for a few hours of sleep.

Eliza Belle Carter, having tired of her mothers iron fisted rule had struck out on her own. In her stubborn tantrum, she had forgotten to take proper supplies to sustain her as her only objective had been to get as far away as she possibly could. She'd not even thought about changing into proper clothing as her mothers words rang through her head "You need to learn to be a proper young lady." Eiza wanted no part of "proper" and her rebellious nature wouldn't allow for one moment longer under her mothers thumb.

Standing at a mere 5 feet and 3" tall, the twenty two year old was still dressed in the peach colored dress that was the norm for Southern Belles but the once beautiful dress was now had a tear up to her thigh from having been torn on the brush as she walked. Her first night out her horse had been spooked by distant gun fire and she'd landed on the ground, ankle twisted and alone. She'd torn a piece of the dress away so that she might wrap her ankle. It did little to help the dark haired beauties pain ease, but it provided for support while she walked. Her stomach growled and she pushed the long wavy locks from her bright emerald green orbs, narrowing them through the semi darkness.

She'd sat down to take a rest for awhile but the sounds of wolves howling in the distance spurred her on despite the fact that her ankle was throbbing. Progress was slow as she made her way through the trees, hoping to find some soft patch of ground to sleep upon that would also offer some amount of cover to hide her from the wolves. Slivers of moonlight shone through the trees illuminating the way and reflecting off of her raven colored locks. At a very inopportune time the moon slid behind a cloud and in that instant Eliza Belle tripped over an old tree root that had remained after the tree had fallen, possibly from a previous lightning strike. Through the darkness her normally soft voice could be heard cursing through the darkness "Ouch damnit, not again." Now her foot was throbbing as she tried to stand and continue upon her journey. To where she didn't know, nor did she care as long as it was away from the plantation that she'd called home for the past twenty two years.

If her mother had heard her utter those words she would have received a lecture on proper lady like briquette. Suddenly Liza as she was commonly referred to, could care less if she were in pain and so far away from home even with the chance of being captured by the opposing forces. At least here, she was free to be the person that she had always desired to be without fear of repercussion from her mother.

An hour before the sun rose that morning, Nathanial was up and on the hunt again. He had eaten a quick but nutricious breakfast of nuts and berries, and a canteen full of fresh spring water. The man needed nothing save that that nature provided. He was never hungry a day in his life. At his eight his stride was long and he easily kept up with Blue as he ran ahead, his frequent baying telling nathaniel that his quarry was near, very near. The sun was just beginning to break when he found himself on Blue's heels. The dog was in point position about 20 ft from a dirt pile of peach cloth laying on the moss under a tree. Judging by the colonels description this must be the colonels daughter.

He walked over to the woman and shook her gently, fearing that she was dead, but hoping that she was only asleep. The sun was just beginning to penetrate the trees, and the birds had started a chorus of song. He backed away not wanting to startle the woman any worse than necessary. "you need some help miss. That ankle doesnt look good."

Indeed the ankle did not look good. it was puple and the skin ashen, and most important an angry red stripe ran up her leg from the injured toe. If hse didn't get help she would lose her leg. Blue barked loudly in exitement tht he had found his prize. That finally caused her to awaken.

Eliza opened her eyes to the sound of barking and searing pain that was shooting through her ankle to be met by the vision of a man and her dog. Startled, she sat up quickly and tried to spring to her feet but found that she struggled to remain standing. Her disheveled dress clung to her, still damp from the mornings dew. She backed up slowly and leaned against a tree for support, her voice rather soft but filled with defiance as green eyes flashed warily.

"Who are you. Don't come any closer or I'll..." Just then pain shot up her leg and she looked down for the first time noticing the angry red mark that had begun to creep up her shapely calf. "Damn it!" she swore again out loud, her ladylike southern composure having escaped her momentarily. Eliza quit speaking then and eyed the stranger cautiously. She guessed him to be ten years her senior, he was rugged and handsome but she kept her distance still uncertain of his intentions. Eliza Belle Carter had no way of knowing whether this man was friend or foe and she wasn't waiting around to find out.

"Thank you for your concern but I assure you I will be fine." She took a step forward bravely as she attempted to put more distance between her and him. "I'm sure I can find a doctor in the next town." She was wet, cold, hungry and tired but she refused to go back the way she came. She turned away from him then, intending to leave and strike out on her own again when her ankle gave way once more and she crumpled to the ground in pain, tears threatening to form in those pretty green eyes of hers but pride held them back as she attempted to stand on the injured ankle once more only to begin to fall and she reached for the tree to stabilize herself so that she might be able to scan the area for a something that could be used to aide her in walking. As as it were her ankle had grown too weak for her to walk one step further unaided as she felt herself becoming dizzy, the combination of pain and hunger overtaking her as she again began to lose her footing.

Nathanial waited a moment and as she started to fail caught her in his strong arms. There was no need of chasing the girl, she was going nowhere, and without help soon she would lose her pretty leg. He had seen it all too often. All it took was a splinter. The wood carried a mysterious poison and infection would set in, then gangrene. She needed to have the splinter cut out and the soak for 24 hours in Epsom salts to draw out the poison. They had to get to water and soon and he needed to build a fire.

As he held her he looked around and using his trapper's experience, he reckoned where he might find clean flowing water and headed in that direction. After a half hour walking through the roughest of terrain over rocks, boulders, dead trees, briars and brush he finally found what he had sought a clear cold and most important flowing stream. It had a rock bed which meant it would be clean and safe to drink and use for soaking. The girl was delirious with pain and slipped in and out of consciousness. He laid her on some soft moss and then went looking for firewood.

When he returned she was right where he had left her and sound asleep. He built a fire and started it by striking a spark with flint and steel. Once the fire was burning, he took his hatchet and began digging a hole for a tub. He dug out a hole 2 feet wide by 8 inches deep and four feet long. He lined it with his oilcloth poncho and began filling it with water he dipped from the stream . He heated water in the small steel canteen he carried. It took several canteens full to make it acceptably warm. Digging through his back pack he found the Epsom salts he carried, and added some to the water.

What he had to do next was uncomfortable for Nathanial. He was a good man and had never taken advantage of a woman, and what he had to do next was something best not done by a gentleman to a lady. In this case though, it meant not losing her leg and possibly her life. She was very dirty from her journey and if the bath were contaminated it would not work. She needed to be washed . Her dress was impossibly dirty, and that together with her underthings had to be removed. It was a blessing that she was asleep for this process as it made it all the less embarrassing for them both. Using a cake of soap and a small cloth torn from her dress, he washed her body carefully and the taking his one clean shirt put it on her. It didn’t cover her well but offered her some modesty. Then with great care he seated her in the makeshift tub and held her up until she awoke with a start. He was prepared to do what ever mike be necessary to keep her in the tub.

Eliza felt wet. In her dream she she was soaking in the nice big tub at home filled with hot water. She shifted in her sleep only to realize that the water wasn't hot. It was luke warm. Despite the fact that she wanted to continue sleeping, the feeling of being wet was so prominent that she finally opened her eyes and startled almost left out a scream as she realized she was being held by someones strong arms in a makeshift tub full of water. She squirmed to no avail as she tried to get a glance at her would be captor.

"Let me go!" she demanded as she tried to break his grip and rise to her feet but even the action alone made her ankle throb. Her ankle! Although the details were fuzzy she was beginning to remember and she eased back slightly only to realize that her dress was gone as well as the grime that had covered her body just yesterday.

She struggled then against her would be captor once more, even stronger was her urge to loose his grip upon her as long wet locks clung to the shirt that barely covered her otherwise totally naked form.

Totally...naked...form...

Eliza screamed at the form that held her tight "What is this?" she demanded boldly "How did I get undressed and who in the hell are you?" She struggled against him "Leave me go."

Then she slumped in his arms, shock setting in as she realized she had no clue what had happened the night before after she had fallen or how she had gotten naked. What the hell exactly had happened she couldn't say but at least if something terrible had happened she wasn't in pain and she couldn't remember details.

"Eliza, my name is Nathaniel and I'm here to help you." the voice behind her said as his strong arms kept a strong grip. "I'll not let you up, so stop struggling. Your spilling our precious Epsom salts! If that leg of yours doesn't soak, you will lose your leg, and possibly your life. I cleaned you up because contaminating the bath would have ruined the Epsom salts. I'm sorry I had to do that, but it was either that or sacrifice your leg. You slept through the sponge bath I had to give you. I will let go of you if you promise to stay in the bath. You need to soak for about 48 hours, and stay off your foot."

His grip loosened a little bit waiting to see how she would react. He knew if she spilled or contaminated the bath she would lose her leg for sure.

He sounded like a true southern gentleman but because she couldn't see him her heart was still racing with fear, despite her defiant attitude. She looked at her leg again. Was it really that bad or was it just something he was using as an excuse to keep her naked and vulnerable? Eliza didn't know enough about medicine to make a sound judgement, she only knew that her leg hurt.

She felt his grip loosening slightly and was reluctant to move at first. She didn't trust him but at this point she had little choice but to do as he said she needed to do. But forty eight hours?

"Forty eight hours? Are you crazy, I'll be all wrinkled in forty eight hours!" she exclaimed but she did not try to wriggle out of his arms. She tugged at the wet shirt, pulling it tighter around her not knowing what to think. Her fiery green eyes refused to admit defeat and her mind was already plotting on how she could escape, later but for now she would do as she was told. She supposed she should be grateful that he'd happened along when he did, but she didn't trust him. And worse, she still didn't know his intentions.

His grip neither loosened further nor did it tighten, it merely remained constant in it's hold upon her. Her breathing began to calm until finally she said "I won't try to get out of the tub, I promise." She wrapped her arms tighter around her chest underneath his grip. Her voice softened slightly then, sounding much calmer "I..I..." Eliza stammered the words, not even sure if she should be saying them or praying for her life "thank you, Nathaniel."

Nathaniel loosened his grip, stood up and stepped in front of her where she could see him. he looked down on her with a gentle expression. There was no hint of lust in it. "Eliza you need to stay in the tub and not worry about getting pruney, that will go away, but if you don't soak till that red streak is gone it will cost you your leg, and maybe your life. Please trust me. "

Daniel picked up her dress and underthings and took them down to the creek and rinsed them out, then walked back up the hill and hung them high in the tree to dry. "Are you hungry? he asked as he reached into his pack and produced some wild apples and a bit of honeycomb. He handed her the food, and built the fire back up to keep her warm as it was nearing evening. Then dipped some of the salts out, warmed it and put it back in her "tub" so she wouldn't get a chill.

Eliza pulled her knees to her chest as she ate, although it would provide for little coverage at least she didn't feel completely exposed sitting that way, almost. Her privates would still be visible in the shallow water. Now she'd almost wished that he had remained behind her where she couldn't see him, at least then he'd be behind her and wouldn't be able to see her.

She'd begun to feel a bit more at ease when his actions indicated coupled with the expression on his face indicated that he wasn't deranged or some rapist and she relaxed a little bit as she watched him wash her clothing out and hang it to dry. He was a tall well built man who could easily overpower her but he seemed uninterested in attacking her.

She was taking a bite of the apple as he poured the warmed water into the "tub" that she now sat in when she realized that he'd called her by name. Eliza froze. He. Knew. Her. Name.

As he went about tending to the fire as soon as his back was turned she stood, intending to run as far and fast as she could. Any way she tried to piece together in her head how he could have possibly known her name left a bad taste in her mouth. This couldn't be good. He was either some nut who followed her from her home or...MOTHER! Mother must have sent him after her.

With his back turned to her, she shifted her foot with the intention to stand but the pain in her ankle was too much even upon moving so she sat in the tub, deliberating what to do next. Finally that soft southern voice filled the air once more.

"Nathaniel, since you know my name, I take it my mother has sent you to retrieve me?" The water sloshed as she shifted her position "I appreciatedyour help and that you are healing my leg, but I assure you I have no intentions of returning home." The emphasize having been placed on the word no, that defiant tone having returned.

"Actually no." he said. " it was your father." he hired me to find you and has agreed to pay $1000.00 for your safe return." Do you realize the jeopardy you put yourself in when yo stood up just now? Ordinarily I don't work for money, but money is necessary for some things such as powder, upon which my way of life depends. I am cpunting on returning yousafe to him in a few days. I'm sorry,but if you won't remain in the tub until you heal, I will have to restrain you. I really hope you will cooperate."

When she had stood a few moments ago, he had seen her out of the corner of his eyes, and had been struck with kust how beautiful she actually was. Standing in the thin wet shirt, with nothing else he could see all that she had. He form was that of a young maiden, and he couldn't help thinking, that were she to escape, she would soon fall victim to someone with far worse intentions than his.

Eliza Belle's reaction was almost followed by another rebellious statement but she decided against it. She leaned back again the edge of the make shift bath, relaxing for she was still very very tired. What had earlier been a highly defiant tone had now reverted to a normally pleasant and soft spoken tone of the southern belle, her accent heavy as she spoke.

"Nathaniel, while I do appreciate your position and all of the help that you've given me, might I remind you that I am well past the age of needing permission for my actions and neither Daddy or Mother can dictate where I go or what I do." She shifted then, raising the wounded leg up out of the water long enough to get her first really good look at it. That long thin leg was raised higher so that she could finally see the red stripe in all of it's ugly glory. It looked much worse than she had realized and with a small amount of defeat, she sank it back down into the water. She decided at that moment that Nathaniel most likely did know more about it than she did and he seemed to know exactly what to do for it so all thoughts she might have had of trying to flee left her mind.

It wasn't just that she knew her leg needed to heal, and the infection needed to be drawn out. It was also because Daddy had trusted Nathaniel enough to send him after her, and Nathaniel seemed to be sincere enough in his actions, thus far having acted as a proper southern gentleman would. It wasn't until she took a moment to regard him that she realized that despite the fact he was older than her, he was a good looking man with strong features and his lifestyle had afforded him what appeared to be a well toned body under his own half damp clothing from having been holding her in the tub earlier.

Slightly indignant over his comment of restraining her those emerald eyes flashed again with fire "And I assure you that restraining me will not be a necessity kind sir." Her gaze met his briefly as she said the words then that head fell back again to rest upon the edge of the hand made tub, eyes partially closing although she was still speaking to him.

Eliza shifted in the tub. If there had been a ladies room she would have asked to use it but considering where they were, and the fact that there was no ladies room present she tried to ignore the fact that she needed to go.

That soft southern voice continued then "I promise I won't try to get out of the tub until all threat is gone, but when that time comes sir, I think it best for us to part ways and continue on our journeys alone." While Nathaniel could force her to stay now, he couldn't force her to return home later. She would do what was necessary for the time being and therefore decided it beneficial to make the best of the situation at hand. She wouldn't give him a hard time, he was being nice enough, and he had been considerate even if he had removed every last stitch of her clothing.

She shifted in the water again, the matter of using a bathroom becoming more prominent as the pressure on her bladder was becoming quite the annoyance by now. She looked around, there were plenty of bushes she could go behind since there was no choice.

Her voice broke the silence once more. "Nathaniel, I know I need to stay in the water and I promise not to try to get away but is it at least possible to ...." her voice trailed off, she being half embarrassed to ask even if it was a natural thing and quite a neccessity at that moment "I need to relieve myself, and I don't think you wish me to contaminate the salt water."

Surely just a few moments to use a discreet spot in the woods wouldn't cause her leg to fall off.

"Will you let me help you up and to the log over there?" he asked her. Putting weight on the leg will not be good and might spread the poisen" he said. "let me carry you over and back when you have finished. I assure you I mean no disrespect. Further , it is not my intention to take you anywhere against your will. Had I known you were of age, I would have refused the assignment. I understood from your father that I was to apprehend his minor child run off from home. He showed her the letter quickly. "I am not so in love with money that I would stoop to kidnapping, in fact , I have little use for it, and live primarily with what nature provides me. I need a very few manufactured goods, and I normally barter for them. With your permission mam I will help you to that thicket over there. His Tennessee accent adding a certain charm to his respectful conversation. Lets take care of your needs. It would not be good for your leg to contaminate the bath. He knealt down beside her anticipating her permission but waited politely none the less.

"Well I would hardly call a twenty two year old a minor, sir!" The dark haired beauty was defiant that he'd been told that, obviously a ploy by her mother to wrangle her father into making certain that she'd return home. She looked at the paper briefly and upon scanning the contents decided that she was correct. It was all her mothers doing, daddy had the right intentions but mother would have been the one to add the lie into it, she always wanting to protect the younger Carter more than she needed to be protected.

She tried not to allow her anger over her mothers actions get the better of her and she accepted his invitation, although with a slight bit of trepidation. She was all but naked, he was a man and...and...

And Eliza sighed a small sigh and bit her lip. She'd imagined the first time a man would touch her truly naked form would be different but she also realized that she had no choice, and he was being more than gentlemanly about the entire situation, waiting for her to give her permission as it were.

Swallowing hard and in a very meek voice she simply said "You have my permission" as she wrapped her arms around his neck and waited for him to pick her up.

Nathaniel slipped an arm under her knees and one around her back and lifted her from the water. The wet shirt clung to her breasts and fell down around her waist leaving her almost completely exposed before him. Though he looked for a second upon her, he quickly averted his eyes and looked into her own as he carried her to the log. He sat her on it and then turned his back to allow her to take care of things. He could hear the splashing against the ground, and his thoughts turned briefly to that beautiful veiw, he had had for only a moment just a minute ago, then he forced it to the back of his mind and waited.

He thought about the night ahead and knew that she would be chilled in the salts even if he warmed them occasionally. Blanketts wouldn't help they would only get wet, and they had none in any case and the fire would be too far away to be much help. He pondered how he might keep her warm. He had a thought, but it was something he dared not suggest until she became cold and necessity made it acceptable.

As he looked out toward the horizon , he could see the moon rising on the horizon. It was going to be a very cool clear night. He started to ponder , how he might get her to accept the only real help he would be able to offer, knowing she was going to need it.

Eliza tried not to look in his eyes as he carried her but found it hard to look away from his gaze. She'd been in a mans arms before, just never quite under this type of circumstances and surely never had she been naked before with a man, at least not completely. While she'd had plenty of suitors, she'd never allowed them to go all of the way before.

Finally he sat her on the log and she released her arms as he turned away. At first modesty prevented her from being able to relive herself then necessity made it happen for her. While she was in her crouched position she regarded his broad shoulders and a smile tugged at the corners or her mouth.

When she was finished she informed him, waiting for him to turn around and once again wrapping her arms around him. The night was already beginning to take a chill and she shivered slightly, goosebumps appearing on her skin. The water was barely warm now, by morning she would feel like it was an ice bath. The thought caused her to shiver again.

Once he'd settled her back into the tub she thanked him and feeling much more at ease now she began talking to him, her voice now slightly agitated as she spoke of her mother, the southern accent even more prominent than it had been before.

"I'm sorry that mother lied in order to find a way to get me to come home." She said, anger building at how the man had been used and how her mother felt her to not be capable of taking care of herself. Eliza's finger's raked through her raven locks, at least trying to make it presentable, after all, despite being rebellious she was a lady and ladies always needed to look presentable.

"Now I do swear, t just irritates me" she continued, almost forgetting that she'd just met the man her comfort level with him having increased greatly "that just because I've remained a virgin and am still not betrothed that she feels I can't take care of myself."

Little had Eliza realized that she'd just told a complete stranger that she was a virgin, not that it would have mattered to her anyhow. She'd always assumed that when the time was right and her curiosity had got the better of her that she'd allow it to happen and until then, she was perfectly content waiting even if her mother wasn't.

As Nathaniel carried her to the tub he felt her shiver. In response he looked down at her body as he lay in his arms on the way to the tub. Agian the look was fleeting, but slowly, he was developing more than a small desire for the young woman now in his care. Nathaniel had lived out his 29 years amoung the forest and animals, he had never touched a naked woman much less made love. The sight had stirred feelings in him that he had never allowed out. He lowered her into the tub, and warmed some of the salts in his canteen one more time, but could tell it was little comfort as he could see she was now covered in goosebumps and her lips were blue. "Your terribly cold, arent you. The night will get colder I'm afraid. I only know one way to keep you warm, but im afraid it might offend your ladylike sensibilities. I will offer it, as it is really all I can do," he said. "If the cold becomes too great, I will get in the tub with you and warm you with my body." He stayed behind her, not wanting to further embarass her further, and not sure if he could remain in control of his mounting passion, but he knew that in such situations, there was little room for modesty, and that survival and safety often dictated what behavior was proper.

The very idea of the mans proposal to keep her warm caused the young southern debutants face to blush a deep shade of red and she'd kept her eyes trained forward, not wanting him to see. Nathaniel, being the gentlemen that he was was trying very hard to make her comfortable by not forcing her to have to see him, remaining behind her so that she might be comfortable.

She chewed her lip lightly, not quite certain how to respond. She would only take him up on his offer if the cold became unbearable. She indicated as much to him then, playing nervously with her hair as she did so "I understand" she managed to stammer out before calming her now shaking voice "If it gets cold enough that I cant bare it.." her voice trailed off then, the sentence going unfinished.

He was much larger than her, and their bodies combine would provide for the needed warmth. She could sense him close to her as they talked. It felt strange to her making small talk with someone she barely knew, let alone doing it almost completely naked. She wished the shirt he'd given her wasn't quite so worn and thread bare so it would provide more coverage but all the same she was still grateful that at least something was covering the creamy white flesh of her breasts, even if it barely covered her private area.

As they talked the water that he'd warmed began to cool down and she knew there was no way he could keep the water warm for her all night. Eliza fidgeted in the water, once again wrapping her arms tightly around her as she began to shiver, too proud to let him know that she was beginning to really be cold. She remembered how warm he had been when he carried her and how his strong arms had felt wrapped around her lithe frame. She scolded herself for her thoughts and tried to speak but her teeth were all but chattering by now as she rocked back and forth in the water slightly, now curled up into a ball so that she was covered, but the shirt had pulled up and with her legs bent, her virgin flower was more than visible. Somehow, modesty had managed to elude her in her attempt to keep herself warm without him having to help to warm her.

As he sat behind her, he could tell she was becoming seriously cold, and he wanted to convince her that she would need to warmed. He also knew that if he were to get in the tub he would have to be clean. He got up from behind her and taking a cake of soap from his pack walked down to the stream in the rapidly failing light. Though he knew that she could see him, he pretended that he thought she could not, and stripping of his clothes, he enterd the cool water of the stream and bathed. He carefull washed his body turning so that she might if she wished, see all of him. when he had finished, he pulled on a clean pair of shorts anreturned behind her, leaving her knowing that he was nearly as exposed as she was. He reached out and placed his warm hands on her shoulders. Her skin was cool to the touch of his hands and he could feel her shaking.

Eliza watched Nathaniel walk away from her. He at least finally trusted her not to run away now and if truth be told she was too tired and cold to even think about it. Nor did she any longer have a desire too. However, when she saw him go to bath she at first thought him to be crazy as she knew the water had to be cold.

Although she knew that it was wrong she couldn't take her eyes off of his naked form as he bathed, his muscular body shining in the moonlight. When he approached her again, she didn't meet his eyes but kept her head lowered, leaning it forward slightly. For a split second shock set in when she felt his hands upon her shoulders but they remained still, non threatening and comforting providing her with some small amount of warmth. Eliza didn't attempt to move, savoring the few fleeting moments of warmth but as the night took a slight breeze upon the wind she shivered violently. Finally unable to take any more her voice broke the silence in a half whisper.

"Nathaniel, I'm really getting cold now."

Nathaniel slipped his shorts from his body and slipped into the "tub" behind her. His warm thighs lay along hers in the water, and he pulled her shivering body against the heat of his chest. His much larger body sheltering hers from the wind. he wrapped his large muscular arms around her body like an over coat. surrounding her with his warmth. Still she shivered. The thin shirt was wicking the cool water up between them. Knowing what had to be done, he grabbed the hem of the shirt and pulled it off over her head. The full warmth of is body now skin to skin with her own his arms warming her soft breasts. he hugged he close and slowly her shivering began to subside. he could feel every breath she took and slowly he breathing calmed and became restful. Was she asleep? he wondered. He remained quiet and just held he letting her rest or sleep which ever it was in his arms.

The wind grew cold that night but their bodies warmed one another. Daniel didn't sleep, but never complained, he held this young lady and provided shelter with his body. as the sun broke the next morning he was still holding her gently as ever.

Eliza heard movement from behind her and the sounds of clothing being removed. She as much as had guessed that Nathaniel had shed the shorts he'd donned after bathing in the creek. She leaned forward slightly allowing his access to slip into the luke warm water behind her, grateful that he could not see her face with the slight rosy blush that had risen to her cheeks. In all honesty though, the situation didn't afford her even a small moment to become overly embarrassed as it was born out of necessity.

He settled in behind her and she felt his warmth but despite that she continued to shiver, the cool air on the material of the wet shirt only adding to her discomfort but she said nothing. To suggest that she removed the very last stitch of clothing that concealed her young named form would have been deemed unladylike of her, but Nathaniel must have been reading her mind as it were because she felt the tug of the shirt as he began to pull it upward. Eliza didn't resist and aided him the best that she could. She leaned her head forward, trying hard not to tremble as those strong arms wrapped around her naked form and across her breasts in a what appeared to be a genuinely indifferent manner.

Nathaniel had may attempt to touch her in any way that would have been different than any man wrapping his arms around a woman had she been fully clothed and Eliza was grateful that he was being such a gentleman. She shifted slightly into those warms arms almost settling herself back against him as though it was a natural thing to do and as though she'd possibly known him all of her life. She was still slightly torn about the situation. It was improper but it was deemed necessary. But in light of the reasons for it happening would it truly be deemed improper?

The dark haired beauties pale skin illuminated by the moonlight appeared even paler than it normally did to her. Mother had refused to allow her to go outside without her parasol let alone with any of her skin barely allowed to having been shown, other than perhaps her forearms and the rounded curve of her breasts against the cut of the dress. Mother had always said a dress should only be low enough to entice a man yet never too low be considered unladylike.

It was hard for Eliza to be bound in Nathaniel's arms and not allow her mind to wander and wonder about the warmth of his touch as his hands and arms wrapped her in a blanket of warmth. She could feel how powerful yet his touch was gentle and that was only with him holding her. She wondered what it would be like...and then she scolded herself. Here Nathaniel was being a perfect gentleman and she was having improper thoughts.

Brushing the thoughts from her mind she leaned back further completely resting against him as she focused on other things. Her freedom being the main one. Of course as soon as she could she would get word to her parents that she was safe and well and would be in touch with them when she found a place to settle, but she had no intentions of living in their home again. She could always go home to the plantation to visit. Eliza had not slept well since having left home, always fearful for what may happen to her as she traveled but she'd not allowed it to deter her, always pressing forward until she fell and Nathaniel had entered her life. Being in his arms felt comfortable to her and coupled with the fact that his skin was warm pressed against her and that she was very sleepy, those dark locks rested back against him, Eliza closing her eyes and trying not to think about his warm arms wrapped around her breasts.

Although her heart raced from the close proximity to him and her mind flying with all of the what if's, she forced herself to take deep breaths, focus and try to relax. The warmth permeated her skin and not long after her breathing slowed, as did her heart and Eliza drifted into a dreamless sleep feeling uncommonly safe as though as long as Nathaniel were near here nothing would ever possibly hurt her. Odd, considering just hours ago she wasn't certain if she should fear him or not.

Eliza no longer feared him and the fact that she fell asleep curled up against him was a testament to that.

When morning came the sun filtering through the trees woke her and for a few moments Eliza remained perfectly still in the cool water. Somehow Nathaniel still felt warm against her and she snuggled into those arms, her hands coming up and covering his with her own almost instinctively, the slightest gesture of her comfort and reluctance to wish to move from within that warmth. She shifted in the water, making sure the injured leg remained under the water but turned more so to her side in a manner in which her cheek now lay against his chest, one hand still resting on his arm and the other coming to rest upon his chest close to her cheek.

Eliza Belle Carter wanted to say something to him, anything but words refused to present themselves to her so she remained still and quiet for a few moments, her repositioning having also inadvertently repositioned his hands against her bare skin along her side at the curve of her breast. For one second her breath caught in her throat as she trembled ever so lightly. It was just the cold water. Nestling her cheek into that strong chest she finally spoke, her voice slightly shaking but filled with appreciation for all he had put himself through on her behalf.

"Thank you, Nathaniel, for all that you've done at my expense and for sharing your" the word body almost slipped out but she'd stopped herself then finishing with "for sharing your warmth with me." For Eliza it wasn't just his body warmth she was referring to but also, it was his mannerisms and for that he'd quickly endeared himself to her.

"Your welcome, my lady" he heard himself say. It was a bit poseesivce, and he knew it, but after the last hours it just felt right. He hugged her close, tignening his grip a bit, but in a loving , not a captivating way. She seemed to fit naturally there curled up between her thighs, and though he had slept little if at all, he couldn't help the feeling that these were moments to be cherished. His whole life , he'd never touched a woman, except perhaps her hand, other than his dear mother, and yet here he was skin to skin with one in a very intimate circumstance.

As the curve of his breast fell into the palm of his hand, he fought conflicting urges. First was the urge to explore her body, but that led to lust a feeling he had siccessfully supressed all night. The other was to run. This was unfamiliar territory, and what he feared most was the chance he would offend her and she would take offense. He wanted t preserve this sweet moment in the worst of ways, and his simple, back country, morals prevailed in this moment. His mother had instilled respect for women in his mind, and he regarded her to be a delicate flower in need of care and protection, and to be treated as a lady at all costs.

"I need to look at your ankle d" ... he stopped himself from saying "darling" and quickly substituted "miss". He gently lifted her leg from the water, causing her hips to rock back , her body to sink deeper into his chest and her womanhood to break the surface of the water right in front of him. Though the sight commanded his attention for a moment or two, he quickly focused his attention on her leg which was looking much better but was still red and inflamed. He slid his hand slowly up her thigh, letting her leg settle down gently in the water and renewed his caress of her body placing his hand back where it had been curled about the curve of her breast His finger tips just brushing the tip of her nipple.

He sat there with her snuggled into him for a bit longer before asking her, "are you hungry? or would you rather rest a bit longer?" The sun was up and bright now, and was beginning to warm the air.

Eliza hadn't wanted to move, having become accustomed to the feel of his warmth permeating her skin but when he said he needed to look at her ankle she hadn't protested the removal of that warm hand so very close to her breasts. She felt highly conflicted inside. As much as she knew it to be wrong for her to be having those unladylike feelings regarding a man she barely knew, it also felt completely right to her for him to be touching her at all.

She allowed him to lift her leg, once again grateful that he didn't see the blush upon her cheeks when his gaze lingered perhaps a second longer than one might have thought to be appropriate at her exposed flower before moving to the red streak that was beginning to subside. The simple act of his large warm hand sliding upwards on her thigh caused her to shift nervously although it was no matter of her feeling uncomfortable over the action. In contrast, she had rather enjoyed it.

His hand continued it's upward descent until once again slightly cupping the silk soft smooth curve of her breast but this time something was slightly different in the way he had touched her. His finger had grazed the delicate pink bud of her breast and she bit her lip to stifle the small gasp that threatened to escape. The sensation shot a tingle through her core and she felt the nub stiffening.

Eliza attempted to keep herself relaxed in his arms so he wouldn't realize the effect that one act he'd so casually done had on her. Then he was talking about breakfast but Eliza held little hunger when her curiosity over her reaction to his touch began to get the better of her. Of course Momma had always said that curiosity killed the cat, but Eliza had always said that was the reason cats had nine lives too.

The sun was warm as she leaned her head back against him soaking up the golden rays, something she'd never been allowed to do before. Despite that she was sitting in a tub full of now cool water, nothing had ever felt more perfect to her before and she again nuzzled against Nathaniel. "I believe I'd rather stay right here and rest a bit" she murmured in a hushed voice shifting ever so slightly against him causing his thumb to barely brush that pert bud again and this time the slightest slip of a gasp would escape her lips.

When she snuggled in deeper and her nipple bushed aginst his thumb. Nathaniel's here to for iron fisted control over his passion began to crumble at the edges. The slight gasp that she uttered, letting him know that she too was finding this new territory very endearing. His hand tightened a tiny bit around her breast, and her nipple now lodged between two of his fingers. "I'm sorry if I seem clumsy my dear" hesaid, no longer making the effort to avoid terms of endearment, but I've never been with a woman before." The words were out before he had realized he had said them. Talking with her honestly just felt natural. Though he had known her only a few hours, he spoke with her as though he was a close friend, for indeed that was how he felt.

It was his turn to blush and a warmth filled his powerful body, that did not come from the sun. It was bubbling up from within his core.. He moved his hand from her breast only long enough to lift her chin with a finger then let his hand trail down her neck and back to her nipple as he leaned down, and parting his lips, kissed a woman for the very first time. His heart was racing a mile a minute, and he wanted to shout with joy, he was so excited. Though he was 29 years old , he felt like a young boy with a brand new toy. ... But this was different, deeper, sensual, and oh so terribly enticing.

Somewhere along the way his fear had given way to passion, and it seemed there was no going back. He waited though as he broke his first kiss to see if it had been welcome. Excitement and longing in his eyes, and on his heart. She held that heart in her hands at that moment, open and exposed, ready to be cherished or broken at her will. His was a simple passion, not born out of lust but out of concern, and the beginnings of love.

he waited for her, his eyes locked on hers, hoping and praying that she would return the kiss. He didn't breath, he was afraid to, for fear he would miss the golden moment.

Back
Top Bottom