Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What The Heart Wants [XxMoonlightRomancexX + wolvenrogue]

Roxanne nodded as she continued to drive. "I think the first one we have to make is where we're going to live. Either way, it's going to be a lot of moving for one of us. You have more land than my parents property does and your house is bigger but if we decide to live there I'd like to move the animals." She said, knowing the horses wouldn't be a big deal to move if they could get a trailer as he had the stables already built and the pasture was big enough for more horses. "I'm not sure what we would do with all the dogs, though. They are all well trained enough to be house dogs like Blue, though." She said, wanting to know what he thought of the idea.

"We have lots of land, we can build a second set of kennels. Maybe we can even set your farm up as a shelter? would you like that?" It was a rhetorical question. he knew she would love it, but he asked just the same. He reached across the console and rested his hand on her thigh, as if to say "everything will be ok, you will see".

When they arrived at te farm, the funeral service had decorators, and set-up people there to prepare for their guests. He knew it would be several hours before they were through. "How about we got to town, do some shopping, get our hair fixed, and just enjoy the day. We will just be in the way here."

"We? Last I checked that farm was yours." She joked as she kept her eyes on the road. As he mentioned making her farm into a shelter she was stopped by a stop light and couldn't help but smile as she looked over at him. "Baby, you know I'd love that but you know as much land as you have on the farm we wouldn't have to build kennels. For years my parents never had them and their dogs slept either in the house or on the font or back porches." She said, wondering if he'd oppose to the idea. As he reached across the console and rested his hand on her thigh she smiled at him and when the light turned green she took off.

About ten minutes later she pulled into the drive way of his farm and she could see the decorators and set up people beginning to prepare things for their guests. She shut off the car and watched them for a few minutes, the fact that her parents were really gone was beginning to sink in. She stayed like that until she heard Andy's voice as he spoke to her and looked over at him. "Sure, I think getting something to eat somewhere first might be a good idea, though."

"Let me drive. Been wanting to try this thing out since you got here." He got out and changed places with her. He drove into the campus area of Athens. There were plenty of restaurants there that catered to college age. he was pretty sure she would enjoy it. They went into a Western theeme restaurant, and they had a mechanical bull. "You want to try it?" he asked.

Roxy didn't fight him on it when he suggested that he drive instead she waited for him to get out before climbing over the console and into the passenger seat. As he drove into the campus area she stayed quiet for the most part and looked out the window most of the time rather than over at Andy unless he spoke up to ask her something.When they pulled up to the restaurant she got out and followed him in. "I'll try it if you go first, I haven't tried one of them in forever." She said, looking over at him with a smile before leaning in and kissing him. This was where he had taken her on their first date.

Andy was all about the challenge. He climbed on and rode the bull the full eight seconds before it stopped. He got off, hooting and hollering. Your turn he said as he helped her up on the mechanical monster. The bull started and she was thrown from the machine after 4 seconds. She didn't get up. Roxy?! Andy was panicking. He lifted her from the mat. She was breathing but didn't respond. He was heart sick. They took her to the hospital. Andy paced the floor. After an hour, the doctor came out. "She will be ok", he said "She just blacked out, her blood pressure dropped suddenly. That can happen with pregnant women. I don't recommend she do such things when pregnant."

When the doctor came out to speak to Andy she was still out but she was stable, the machines she was hooked up to showed her blood pressure, oxygen level and heart beat were all normal. A few minutes passed and her eyes finally opened to see Andy and the doctor talking right outside her room. She was becoming scared and worried. "What the hell is going on?" She asked herself, the last thing she remembered clearly was being helped onto the bull and the pregnancy was early enough she hadn't even began to show signs yet. "Andy?" She asked, calling out for him and making her voice loud enough to hear, sounding scared.

Andy ran to the bed. "You passed out on the bull honey," he said. "It looks like you are pregnant, and riding that thing wasn't a good idea. The doc says it effects your hormones, and you cant regulate your blood pressure as well. Looks like its not a great time for a horseback riding lesson either. He says its best if you stay near the ground where a fall wont do much damage.Your Pregnant! Thats great!"

Roxanne listened as he told her the news and for a minute she seemed unresponsive. "The last thing I remember is you helping me up on the bull. but that's great news." She said, although she wasn't as excited as him, it wasn't that she didn't want children or didn't want to be with him but she had just imagined it happening after they had gotten to know each other again and were married. "Andy, that's great." She said with a smile, seeming a bit more excited she took his hand and laid it against her now flat stomach but it wouldn't be long before her belly started to grow.

He leaned in and kissed her. Let me help you get dressed. They say you can go home any time, but that you should take it easy, and see a baby doctor. Maybe we can still catch a late dinner. but we'll find a quieter place. How does that sound?" He helped her sit up and get out of the hospital gown, and then got her clothes for her from the closet.

As he leaned in and kissed her she smiled against his lips. "Well the sooner we get out of there the better." She said as she sat there in only her underwear and bra as he went to get her clothes she worked on removing the devices that hooked her up to the various machines by the bed; Roxy had never been one for hospitals and had been scared of them from the time she was a little girl. "Hey baby, can you help me get this off?" She asked, having a hard time getting the needle out of her right hand that was putting fluids into her body. "I'll look into the whole Gynecologist thing over the next week and as long as me "Taking it easy" still means I can take care of my dogs and take care of my man like I used to we're good." She said, although she knew it was unlikely. Her Mother had been a high risk pregnancy when she was pregnant with Roxy and Roxanne was likely to be high risk too.

As he brought her clothes over she watched as he slowly got her jeans and socks on before carefully removing the tape and taking the needle out of her hand. She then slipped her shoes on and stood from the bed. "How about we get out of here and I take you up on that offer of dinner?" She asked with a smile before kissing him.

He wrapped his arm around her tightly and they quietly walked out the front door. The nurse came running up and asked," Where are you going?" "Out to dinner and then home" he said. The nurse looked shocked, but only saod "Oh" and let them go. " I lied a little," he said laughing. "They said you could go.......tomorrow, but I know how you feel about these places. Be careful, but keep walking."

When the nurse left the two of them Roxanne rolled her eyes at Andy. "The things you won't do to keep me happy. What in the hell did I do to deserve you back?" She asked, not waiting for an answer she kept walking. As they made it outside and to the car she stopped him and turned to him, looking up at him. "Hey Andy... Do you think we should get married before the baby comes?" She asked, personally she would like to but they wouldn't have much time to plan one where she could wear whatever wedding dress she wanted and she had always wanted to be engaged for a bit before getting married.

"I would like to ... but i won't rush you if you're uncomfortable." We could just keep the tents and chairs we have for the funeral" Unless you want a really small wedding. How would feel about being married up in the fire tower. with just us and the minister?"

"It's not that I feel uncomfortable, you know I'm more comfortable around you than I am anyway, it's just this isn't the way I imagined our life together would be." She said with a sigh. "Me? I'm fine with it but I just want our wedding to be everything we always thought it would be and you know both your parents and mine would want a huge wedding." She said, clearly she knew what she wanted but she was willing to do anything Andy wanted, even if that meant not having the wedding she had always wanted.

"It was just a suggestion, we have plenty of room for a big wedding, so lets have it. When would you like to have it?
Andy wanted to make her happy.He had what he wanted, she was his and was having his baby, anything else was extra.

"I'm not sure. Planning could take a few months but I do know I don't want to have it when I'm about to have this baby. I could call Miranda tomorrow and see how soon she thinks we can get one planned, if you want." She said before kissing him. Roxy also didn't want to tell him just yet but she had a feeling more than one baby was inside of her. She handed him her keys before climbing in from drivers side and over the console into the passenger seat. As he climbed in she looked at him. "Y'know, this pregnancy might be rough, my Mom was considered high risk when she was carrying me so it's likely I'll be too."

Andy looked at her with concern. "Should we have avoided it? I hope I haven't put you at risk. I didn't mean to." Suddenly he feared for what he might have done to the love of hos life. True enough he wanted children from her but not at risk to her safety. He drove to a quiet restaurant out on the east side of town away from campus and found them a quiet table where they could enjoy dinner and just talk. He wanted to npw more about her mother's preganacy, and just what they had to worry about. He helped her out of the car, and was careful to walk beside her, and hold her hand. The trip to the hospital, combined with what she had just told him, had her looking at her in a whole new light.

"Babe, no, we both knew this could happen when I went off the pill. It just so happens it happened without either one of us trying very much. If I would have said something I know you never would have taken that risk. That isn't your fault, you didn't know but I did." She said, looking over at him as he started the car. What she wanted more than anything was not only to be his wife one day but to give him as many children as he wanted and no risks to her health, no matter how big would stop her from wanting to give him that, despite knowing Andy would never want her risking her health, even if it was so they could have children.

As he made his way out of the hospital parking lot before heading to the east side of town Roxy was pretty much quiet the whole ride there, looking out the window at the buildings they passed. When they arrived at a quite restaurant she allowed him to help her out of the care and hold her hand as she walked beside her, the last thing she wanted was to do something that needlessly worried him more. As they reached a quiet table she thanked him as he pulled out her chair before pushing her in closer to the table and walking around the table to his own seat and sitting down. As she looked across the table and into his eyes she could tell by the worry in his eyes what he wanted to know. "I suppose I should start out by saying I don't know much about Mom's pregnancy, I only know what she told me when she brought the subject of you and I, then of course that always lead to talk of grandchildren." She said, remembering the various conversations about the topic over the years fondly.

Roxanne then paused for a moments before continuing, her eyes never quit gazing into his. "I know she told me her and Daddy had a hard time getting pregnant. She said that it was never a matter of getting pregnant. She'd make it through the first trimester usually and then she'd lose the baby and doctors couldn't figure out why. Then she got pregnant with me and she was really sick throughout the pregnancy and on bed rest for most of it." She said, the deciding that he had heard enough for now, knowing he would ask questions if he wanted to know more. "Hey babe, may I say something that is going to sound really weird?" She asked.

"Sure sweety" He listened attentively. They hadn't had a chance to just talk like this since the day they had found each other again in the Diner that morning. He tried to relax as he waited for her to speak. It seemed like one important thing after another was being discussed, and he didn't want to miss anything.

Roxanne took a deep breath, tensing up as she did; clearly she was nervous abou twhat she was about to ask him because she knew how crazy it would sound, given she had just found out she was pregnant and wasn't even far enough along to begin showing times. "What would you say if I have this feeling that I'm pregnant with twins?" She asked, looking into his eyes the whole time.

"I would say that i hope its true and we should find out as soon as we can, though I think its a bit early to know for sure. If you were having five it would be ok with me, but I'd worry about your health. Twins worries me a bit for the same reason, but we will just be more careful." He could see that he was going to have to be careful of her and keep he mindful of being careful too. I think our parents would have been proud, He said, as a tear escaped the corner of his eye.

"If I were having five you'd be happy until they were born, Andy, you don't want five babies crying, needing fed or needing changed at the same time." She teased, her tone one of joking. Of course she knew he would be happy with as many babies as her body would carry. "Careful? I'm always careful, babe." She said with a smile, knowing that was far from the truth. Really, she always wanted to go at full speed no matter how much not slowing down may harm her. Roxanne nodded in agreement with him. "Indeed they would be. Hell, I think between your parents and mine we would've never gotten to see our kids." She said, knowing they would have spent a great deal of time with their grandmas and grandpas. As she saw the tear escape his eye she reached across the table and wiped it from his cheek. "Shh... I miss them too." She said softly.

they ate a quiet dinner and he could see she was tiring. He didn't know whether being preganant effected her yet, but he was taking no chances. "we have a big day tomorrow with the funeral. I'm taking you home, and we are both going to bed and get some rest." He paid the check, and walked her carefully to the car. When he got her home, he looked over at her and she was quiet.

She didn't fight him when he told her they were both going back to his place and to bed. As he lead her to the car Roxy followed him happy and thanked him when he not only opened the door for her but closed it behind her too. The whole drive home she looked out the window. By the time they arrived home she was almost asleep but upon hearing the purring of the engine stop she woke up. "Did you think I was asleep?" She asked as she looked over at him with tired eyes.

Back
Top Bottom