Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Aftermath (Razgriz x Lustfull_Sin)

The soup really was quite good; it was almost like he was a kid again, and his mother making him soup right back at home. It filled him up and gave him energy, driving away the aches and twinges of pain. To add to the cheery atmosphere, he was noticeably smiling at Punff's behavior; it seemed she was like a little kid herself.

At her first question, he stopped; he didn't even consider how little she would know of Earth or its people. Sure, the fact that the two of them originally viewed him as more than a walking sperm bank tipped him off, but he never really gave thought to her ignorance of his race. This also applied to him; but then circumstances made wanting to know more 'intimate' details of his enemy a far lesser priority.

But now...Well, questions like that seemed appropriate. In fact, he felt it would behoove him to learn more.

"I can't say much about how alike our planets are. Never really had the opportunity to take in the scenery. But as for the soup, they make vegetable ones like this all the time. Though I have to say this stuff is pretty damn good, and I'm a regular carnivore...Not that I'd ever consider eating the two of you or anything!" he replied, adding the last bit as more of a joke but also trying to show Punff that plenty of humans ate vegetables just as much as meat. Even still, they did possess some traits of the animals the people of Earth raised for slaughter. He knew it best to leave out that little tidbit though.

Dunking a chunk of the bread into the broth, he ate it before taking a chaser of milk. "Though, I have to ask: You two have obviously lived here for some time. Just how long have you known each other? Is it common for your kinds to...well, co-exist?" he then asked; he heard something about Lanthe having a husband. And if these were his old clothes, well, chances were he was human. But he could have been...whatever the hell Lanthe was. "I'm sorry if I'm being too forward, but I would like to learn more about this planet. If I'm staying here, I guess I should know as much about it as possible, right?"

Punff listened intently. She even smiled when Jackson mentioned that he would never eat them.

Lanthe on the other hand, knew that the humans where Jackson was from ate creatures that were of the same...species as them. Though the creatures had no human appearance to them at all, so of course for them it was okay to eat, but here, the one thing she had told her husband was that if he ever wanted to eat the same way he did back down on his planet, he would nee to do the same thing to her as they did down on Earth. He was practically converted to eating vegetables after that little stint. Lanthe though didn't have the heart to tell Punff exactly what humans ate down on that planet. She had lied more or less that they ate fresh vegetables and man-made meat all the time, never anything that was living.

At his question. The females looked at each other for a moment, then looked to Jackson. “We've been living with each other for some odd years. In a sense, I adopted Punff after all the males had passed away. With her father and mother dead and no males around, creatures like Punff were more susceptible to being attacked.”

Punff looked down at her soup, her lips curving into a frown. “When Papa died, Mama tried her best to take care of me and protect me.” She gave Jackson a little smile. “She tried her best, but with no males around, some of the creatures, the more wilder and dangerous ones that mostly lurked in the forests were on the prowl, attacking anything that looked weak. They were just angry...we all were...but..it's not a good excuse, is it.” Her eyes were glossy with unshed tears. She wouldn't let them fall. Punff was strong, at least she always kept telling herself that. “Lanthe found me and took care of me.”

“Creatures like Punff and I are very mild mannered and tame. We aren't the kind to attack for no reason. We can easily group with other creatures of the same nature and we wouldn't have a problem. It's rather easy to spot us. We all tend to have a gentle look and demeanor.”

“So if you see creatures that basically look lazy, we're of no threat.” Punff smiled cheerfully.

“You're kind are the only lazy looking ones Punff. Everyone else just look docile and harmless.”

Punff was about to protest and defend, but then stopped and nodded, accepting that yes, Weresheeps were rather lazy natured.

These two certainly were something, and it made him realize a glaring embarrassment: He was far more of a jerk than was necessary. These two had done nothing wrong, minus Punff's little threat. It was true though, that seemed far less aggressive than most others he'd encountered on his time on the run.

And that feeling was further enforced when she explained exactly how these two knew each other; while it should have seemed obvious, he didn't think that they too had lost loved ones. Family. And here he had chewed them out for destroying such things for the humans. Sure, it was wrong that they had abducted humans, but they felt the same pain the colonists did for so much long.

And he began to understand more why Lanthe and Punff's story made sense: They all wanted things back to the way they were, hence why he was being 'hunted'. But while he could see why they would go to such measures, that didn't mean he would let himself get captured on purpose. No way in hell; some of them were strong enough to sneeze on him and kill him.

"Hah, I wouldn't call Punff lazy. She's been very good to me, as have you, Lanthe. Maybe the both of you are a little over-concerned, but I'll take that over being forced any day of the week." Jackson stated with a slight smirk in reply to Lanthe's comment. But it was here now, that another thought began to cross his mind: Would he be better off staying here? He knew he'd been here for a really long time, and he would basically be dead in everyone's eyes.

Sitting up a little straighter and leaving his meal alone for the moment, he then decided to speak his mind. "On that note...I know you guys said you would help me out until I was ready to leave. But really...Maybe that's not the best option. I don't know this planet at all aside from where I fought, and even that's in bits and pieces." Part of him felt really, REALLY weird for what he was about to say next, but another also wanted it.

"I guess what I'm trying to get at is that maybe I could stay here. You know, permanently." he finally said, a hint of red on his cheeks. "I mean, let's face it. My chances of not getting caught once I leave are slim to none. I won't freeload, hell I'll do every chore that needs to be done around here if need be. The truth is, I'm freaking scared of leaving here. I don't know what else is looking for me, and I have no idea if - even with my gear - I would survive very long."

Punff smiled brightly, her little tail wagging. “See, I am not lazy Lanthe.” Dipping her spoon in her soup, she ate with more cheer and vigor.

Lanthe chuckled and shook her head before looking at Jackson once more. “Being overly concerned is part of our nature. Tis something we can't help. My..husband would always tease me about it, but he rather loved that about me. You sort of remind me of him. Strong willed and stubborn to the core he was. It was hard to get him to do things and to listen to reason at times, but he was a good man as are you.” Smiled, she looked down, ready to take another sip of her soup, but stop when she heard Jackson speak to both of them again.

Looking at him intently, Lanthe nodded about them saying they would be of help till he decided to leave. It seemed, he has come to some sort of realization. It was dangerous out there. There were times where Lanthe and Punff didn't feel safe themselves, but so far, they've been lucky and no one has disturbed them. Surprising that no one has caught wind of Jackson's smell, though with him being around them and he wearing her late husband's clothing, he practically doesn't smell like a human anymore.

Smiling, Lanthe couldn't help, but reach over and take his hand. “You may stay here for however long you like Jackson. It would have worried Punff and I if something were to happen to you.” She laughed. “And having you around will relieve a few of the chores for us.”

Punff squealed. “Does this mean I don't have to chop wood anymore?”

Lanthe nodded.

Leaning over to Jackson, Punff took his other hand into both of her's. “We'll keep you safe, don't you worry. Living here will be oh so fun. You'll love it.”Releasing his hand, she pushed his bowl closer to him. “Now, come on. Finish eating. You need all your strength. You're still weak just like a new born kid.”

Lanthe was still a bit worried. They needed to be careful on how much Jackson should be exposed. Looking out the small kitchen window, her eyes scanned the trees that bordered around their field. There were creatures out there, she knew. How many watched their home? So far, none had seen or smelled Jackson being brought here. Looking back to Jackson, she couldn't hide her worry. “Jackson....I'm happy that you wish to stay here with us. More than happy actually. It's just....well....I know that once you're fully recovered and are able to move around better you'll want to go outside, but...I fear that exposing you too much might attract other females to our home. I don't personally care what happens to me, I just don't want you or Punff to get hurt. So I hope you don't mind if I suggest we be careful on how often you go outside. We'll figure out a..umm......what did my husband call it...a...shedule....hedule....-”

“-A schedule?” Punff offered.

“Oh, yes. That. We'll schedule your outings and for how long you should be outside. I know during early in the morning there isn't much activity going on, nor in the afternoon. It's mostly night time that the more..uhh...wild females are active. Is that okay?”

Well, he should have figured as much, that they wouldn't mind at all his choice to stay here on a permanent basis. He wasn't really aware of the changes made, the fact that Lanthe's milk and being near Punff had slowly altered his perception of them. But then, it made the most logical sense for right now: Even if he did get back to full strength, what else was for him out there? He'd seen how aggressive these 'things' could be, and the reason he was able to escape was in large part thanks to the things humans left behind.

Even with all this in mind, he had a feeling he was making the right choice. Plus...these two weren't all THAT bad. Punff might be a little energetic, and Lanthe was a bit overdoting, but he supposed that made them even better choices to be around. Better than being some slave bitch to one of the other species, he thought.

He had no idea where he was, nor with any means to access his technology; and even if he did have his suit, some of those women were strong enough to wreck an ATLAS. He knew those ones all too well.

The gravity of his statement then hit him; he just pledged to permanently reside with two of the enemy. But...He oddly didn't feel disgusted. Rather...He felt relieved. Something that noticeably confused him, his brows furrowing as he tried to sort through the strange emotions washing over him.

The smell of the soup, however, served as a welcome distraction; he decided to eat and worry about that later. He needed to get well, like both of them had mentioned. But what Lanthe said next made him pause; a schedule?

"A schedule to go outside?" he then asked, scratching his messy hair in confusion and to get an itch. Were there really that many out there at night? He then smiled at her, "Well, once I'm back at full strength, I'll probably be able to venture out. But right now, I'm more focused on making sure I can walk without this cane. Thanks again for letting me use it by the way."

And with that, he finished his soup and bread, pushing the bowl away. "Oh wow, I'm stuffed to the gills...Don't think I could eat another bite even if I wanted to." He then grabbed his cane, and shakily stood up, hand gripping the edge of the table. "Don't mind me...I just want to stand up and move a little bit." he explained, trying to ease any potential worries.

Back
Top Bottom