Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadows of The Stars (king_bakal and Neon Tsukiko)

king_bakal

Star
"That's it. I'm so sick of this life. This would be the last time." Said Kazuhiro to himself while he is scouting the area. "All clear. I guess I'll spend a couple of minutes here." He sat down under a tree, his trusty blade, a twin-edged katana, sitting beside him. He closed his eyes and tried to rest. He had a long day. Hiking, stealthily moving, quietly trudging inside the thick forest.

"It's all the same. Different missions, different people, different amounts, but same outcome. I can't do this anymore." He opened his eyes, trying to fight the urge to nap. In his line of work, he just can't afford to. He must move constantly, he can't stop. Blending in with the environment and going for a silent kill is his forte. Such is the life of an assassin. A life which he now detest.

"Ichiko.." He said, murmering as fatigue starts to consume him. "After this, we'll have a good life my dear sister.. I'll come back. I'll stay with you. I won't leave you anymore." Those were the last words before darkness consumed him. The mild chill of the night is everywhere. Threats are everywhere too. Napping is not an option, but being human, he has his limits.

She was running through the woods, checking the area for enemies. Her dagger in her hair twin blades on her back and a sub-machine guns, one on each of her legs.
She runs runs up a tree back-flips to a tree across from it. From then on she jumps from tree to tree as silently as the wind and just as quick.
She hailed from a clan of assassins that go through brutal training. She amongst the clan is its second best.
-I will stop anyone from assassinating the target of interest, and be done with it.- Mikaru thought to herself.
Stopping on a tree, she turned and headed back towards her designated target of protection.
She headed back, and on her way she saw something by a tree but she zoomed past it.
-I should check it out, but I am out of time for perimeter check.-

He may not be a spider but his surroundings is sufficient enough to be his web. The slightest movements alerts him and this one in particular is rather fast and violent.

"Careless." He thought. The mere fact that the movements alone woke him up from his nap is enough to justify his opinion. Whoever this one is, he feels that it's going to be easy. With his delicate fingers dancing on the handle of his sword, he slowly moved, crouching down, blending in with the shadows of the trees. His uniform, a black overall black as the night, helped him with this task. He was patient and alert. He knows what's coming.

"Please leave. I don't want trouble." He said to himself as if talking to the person he detected. As the seconds ticked, more rustling of leaves occured. "I guess you won't grant my wish."

Everything was a blur but all that matters to him was the end result. With his blade aimed behind her neck, he whispered to her "Drop your weapons and get out of here."

Mikaru felt his presence but she didn't think he was foolish enough to come out and point his blade at her. And demand that she leave. No, even if he wanted no trouble, anyone that pointed a blade at her dies.
She stood thier with shadow casted eyes as she turned around quickly as her training natural took toll and she moved faster than she liked. Pointing her dagger at his throat, and eyes cold and as heartless as steel. Yes, she moved noisily as she ran over his presence to get a reaction, anything. And she got it, she got exactly what she wanted a bird who's wings are about to be bloodied.
"No it is you, who should drop them and leave." her void voice broke the silence his statement left.
"But, I won't allow that, Let's see whose quicker my dagger or your blade." her silent threat and and taunt was no bluff she meant every word of it. He should have turned and left...He should have stayed hidden but he didn't.
All he did was attract the Deadly Chaser's attention and she did not like the greeting he gave her.

"You are very careless. Opponents die because they got ambushed. Your head-on approach won't get you anywhere."

He was not gifted with exceptional strength nor blinding speed. He does, however posses patience, intelligence, and animal like senses. His fingers were tightly curled around the handle of his blade. He is ready for battle. He doesn't want to but the stranger here is a stubborn, immature, amateur who doesn't listen to the advises of way more experienced people. With countless headcounts, Kazuhiro is confident that he was way more enough experience.

The tensed aura of battle curtains the forest. As he readied himself to strike, he suddenly stopped, sheathed his sword back on the scabbard and turned away.

"I... Forfeit." He said to the stranger.

She frowned...All she was taught in her clan was no mercy. They forfiet they die, and because of that she killed many of her fellow clan members.
He had said her approach was head on but, it was precisely opposite...although he had some truth to what he said. As for ambush she preferred to not have them seeing them as cowardly, a sure sign of ones own weakness and fear.
Standing there she was forced to contipulate striking him down. But she was no coward, she was not weak, she would not strike a man down with their back turned, she would kill them facing her. Slanting her eyes she cut them towards her current top priority. She had to get back and protect this desperate man from assassination. Then after she must deliver him to his stronghold.
Bending down she touched the ground and jumped up disappear, only leaving a black feather falling to the ground. Jumping through the trees she sheathed her dagger as required of the idiotic man she guarded as a sign of trust and reassurance that she would not end his life.
Landing she walked past the guard and jumping the minature roofs she came through his window and stood behind the man she was to guard leaning on the wall with crossed arms.
"Anything interesting?"
"You have a natorious bastard after you." she responded coldly.
"Do not joke with me I hired you and I want answers!"
"And you forgot I can kill you and your men right here right now."
"Tch. Damn ninja assassin whatever you are."
"I only named what you called him."
"Tch can you kill him? Your clan is the best out of all of them specifically known for the Deadly Chaser Masicure.You can do something right?"
"If I wish to." any further questions were left unanswered.
'ah yes that day....wished I had died with them.'

His best weapon is deception, lies, and dishonorable kills. He knows that he can't kill the woman if he takes her head-on. She's just too fast and too agile for him. When he turned around to forfeit, he expected her to take advantage of the situation charge and charge in. He didn't expected her to leave.

"So, she has a code of honor. Too bad, I don't have that." He shrugged as he retracts the hidden mini poison arrow on his wrist. "It could have been an easy kill for me if she just jumped in." He shook his head. "He honor saved her life. What a lucky girl."

That was his way. Killing in unorthodox ways, not giving the other person the chance to fight fairly. For him, nothing is fair in this world and because of that, being unfair to others is acceptable.

After the confrontation with the woman, he decided that he should just continue on, finish his target and return home and finally end his life of crime.

As he made his move towards the target's hideout, he remembered the events that led him to this current situation. "That man's blood in exchange for the antidote." Those where the words of the alchemist that promised cure to his sister's illness. The alchemist promised that he'll wake Ichiko up from her coma if he can kill the target. He explained to the alchemist that he has already retired from his work but the alchemist insisted. After years of peaceful living, he was forced to commit crime again. "For Ichiko, one last time." He said before leaving the Alchemist's lab.

Upon arriving, he settled himself on top of a hill overlooking the perimeter, just 50 yards away from the target. He scouted the area. He smiled. "Not heavily guarded, open to an assassination, and it seems you hired that amateur to be your bodyguard." He said to himself as he readies an arrow. He latched the arrows into his mini wrist crossbow and instead of pointing to his target, he pointed the arrow towards the floor.

"I could just snipe you from here. Unfortunately, the man who hired me want's your rotting corpse delivered to him."

He fired the first arrow. Upon impact, it exploded with a loud bang. The guards got disoriented, they were shocked. Another arrow got fired and this one emitted thick smoke, clouding the area.

The area was now in chaos. With the explosion and thick smoke, the guards were all panicked.

He unsheathed his blade and moved in for the kill. He dashed towards the house, jumped up to the windows, and blending in with the smoke, heading towards his target.

Mikaru made it back, only to hear that he wanted her in his office. She walked into the office, calmly and not giving away the killing intent she had. Yes, pure killing intent her mission was to protect and deliver. But, little did the man know what and who he hired. He hired a blood lust monster that, he had created. He shredded blood that should have never been sheaded and his only mistake was leaving that little girl alive.
She remained standing knowing he had min behind her with guns pointed at her back. She thought something was up when almost all the security was gone from the front lines. And it was for this....to try and kill her.
"I don't like being tricked you little prick. Who sent you and why!? Who wants me dead? Who and what are you!?" he yelled.
All he received was silence, she had no words for him. He was going to be dead soon anyway. Him and anyone in this building that saw her, except the woman and child that was in the next room.
"Answer me!"
"Shut your howling screamer, it aggravates my ears." she voided.
"What!" he growled.
"No one sent me. My clan did not send me. They did not want you dead...your nothing but a fly. I came on my own accord, I took the mission of my own permission." Mikaru said as she drew her dagger.
"You missed a couple of questions."
"I'm death here with a message."
She said as she fully drew her dagger. Eyes shadowed over as she remained standing.
His eyes widening in realization.
"Y-You little runt I let you live and this is how you repay me! Kill her!"
And every last one of them behind her shot. Not knowing exactly how fast she could really be. She dodged all of them and attacked. Slicing their throats and cutting them to shreds then disappearing into the shadows. Only to come out and cut ones faces in half side ways. Then a loud noise was heard, looking briefly out the window she noticed smoke. And then she turned back to what she was doing, she had to do what she came here personally for quick, she didn't need a interruption from some hothead that she met earlier.
And that idiot of a man ran, ran and trying to cling to his life. Killing everyone in the room she rebound off the room door and started alternating walls...jumping and itching closer to him.
"I hired you to protect me! Why are you even attacking!"
This time he received no answer...only a idiotic man jumping in front of her trying to shoot her dead, she sliced him a diagonal cut through the chest and kept going.
-No matter what I am going to kill you.- she thought to herself as she let all of her killing intent loose.
Then, she slashed his back making him fall.
"Mommy! I'm scared!"
"Shush, be quiet." the woman said as she held her child tight.
Taking her dagger she stab him in the neck dragging it down and hearing him scream.
"Your time is gone." she said as she threw the car keys to the woman walking over to her she grabbed her by the arm. Tucking away her dagger she drew out her gun.
"Cover the boys ears."
The woman picked up her boy and covered his ear. As she heard the woman next to her fire shot after shot and killing every last one of them in the building that saw her face.
When, they made it out side she let go of the woman hand and let her put her son in the car.
"Why?" she asked looking skeptic.
"I don't kill woman and kids."
"And my husband ? he'll get back up and try to come after you." she ellaberated.
Mikaru kept silent as the woman went to the other side of the car and drove off.
The man she was suppose to protect stood up once more and went into his office to try and call for help. Only to realize that she had cut the phone lines.
"Fuck!" he said bleeding to death through his back.
"I should have killed that little brat."
Walking through the woods, her eyes void and hazed, she stayed alert and kept her gun out. Even though she didn't like them, she had them for her reasons and it was specifically for what she just did. Avenging her brother and mother. They told her to make him suffer when she got strong. And that was exactly what she was going to do.
Mikaru stopped by a tree that was near a lake and she sat down.
Breaks were forbidden by clan rules. Keep moving or die, a moral that was kept strictly by the clan.
"One break wouldn't hurt." She leaned against the door.
"Mother...brother...were you watching? I am almost done here then I will join you both shortly." Closing her eyes she let her head look up at the sky.... not caring about the wound that was in her arm.

Back
Top Bottom