Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[[Distine x Dysy]]

Dysy

Star
“Iris? Are you paying attention?”

She was day dreaming again, she could afford to – but that didn’t mean the teacher enjoyed her lack of enthusiasm for his class. A stern voice and an even icier glare had the brunette pulling her eyes from whatever ‘distracting thing’ was outside to the boring material upon the board. Blinking slowly the petite female only pursed her pink lips together to stifle a sigh of frustration.

Iris Connolly was the class’s self-appointed ‘nerd’. While she hadn’t meant to make for such a title for herself, the lack of attention she paid in class, but the steady flow of A’s was enough to get a name started for herself. She was your typical junior in high school, ready and anxious to become a senior and graduate ready to take on the world – and college. But for now, her brown eyes were set up on just concentrating in class, which became harder and harder as the seconds ticked away from the teacher catching her attention. All the noises blurred together – but it helped that she wore headphones that droned and buzzed out the boring sounds of class with music.

“Iris!”

He was in front of her, his large intruding hand placed in front of her. Brown eyes lifted to meet that same glare, as she rolled her eyes and slowly removed the earbuds. “We’re discussing our group projects, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to find out who your partner is today.” Iris could only feel herself sink further into her oversized red hoodie. She wore red today – it was almost as if she was asking for the teacher to pick on her.

Iris was a petite girl, in all sense of the word. The girl only stood at a small 5’2”, and most of the clothing the girl wore tended to be in all oversized sizes. It wasn’t that she couldn’t afford decent clothes, it was simply that many articles of clothing were simply sized too big for her small frame. But Iris wasn’t frail in any sense of that word – she was a spitfire, and everyone knew it. Her personality made up for her stature, and while she never felt she over compensated for such a ‘fault’, it wasn’t as if having a bit of an attitude helped in defending that case. She was almost the complete opposite from some of her classmates, namely a pretty blonde cheerleader, that Iris had her eyes set on since the start of class. It wasn’t as if the other girl was anything special, at least, that’s what Iris told herself, but she was fascinating nonetheless. The two had seldom talked, aside from the daily pleasantries, “Hi” and “Hey” with a strange exchange of glances if the conversation was outside of class, but today would change that, especially with the announcement of that blonde being her partner.

“Excuse me?” Iris finally piqued.

“Ah, I see I’ve finally got your attention. I told you – your partner for the project is [name here]. Now, allow me to finish telling the rest of the class their partners, and you may move to your designated area in the class to exchange numbers, addresses, e-mails, what have you – and whatever you may need to get this project done.” The teacher had had an odd way of picking pairs, but often his favorite ploy was to pair someone like Iris, with one of the students who did sports – it wasn’t as if the jocks, be it male or female, were considered dumb in his opinion, and needed Iris’ help, but school was a place to socialize outside of one’s normal social circle, and what better way to get a little forced intimacy than to pair two polar opposites together?

When the teacher finally finished throwing out the pairs, he announced to allow the students to ‘mingle’ with their new partners, get to know them if they didn’t already, and to start discussing the project before the end of class. Gathering her stuff up, Iris slung her backpack onto her back and slowly made her way over to the blonde that would soon be her new partner. Approaching the girl’s desk, it was more than apparent to Iris to how different they really, physically were, but she didn’t allow this to falter her. Anxiety and nervousness weren’t parts to Iris’ personality, they were hindrances – and Iris wasn’t going to allow those to stop her. Extending her hand – the most blunt form of a greeting Iris could manage, she gave a genuine smile, “Hey, I’m Iris. You’re [insert name], right?”

[Yeah yeah, I’ll think of a title – just getting lazy and it’s pretty early here. I do my best thinking at night, not in the morning.]

Brittany was definitely different from Iris--where Iris preferred to ignore everyone by retreating to her own world of music, Brittany was doing her best to talk to, well, just about everyone without being caught. She looked at a sheet of paper in front of her, unfolding it and looking down the text, giggling as she read it. It was from yet another boy that was... well, interested. Brittany usually tried to at least go out on a single date with the boys that liked her, but she hadn't found very many of them too interesting. As much as she fit the cheerleader stereotype, she didn't find tall, muscular and handsome all that interesting for some reason. She tried, definitely, and she even tried going all the way with one of the boys, but that experience was just unpleasant and icky.

Brittany just drew a single loopy heart onto the note and folded it back, handing it to one of her friends to the left of her to pass it along. Brittany soon noticed a single girl paying very little attention, dressed in a red hoodie soon being confronted by the teacher. Brittany joined the class in a chorus of "oooohs" as Iris was singled out, giving a little giggle as the teacher walked off. No harm intended, of course, but a student being called on by a teacher was always a good reason to laugh. Right?

Brittany hardly knew Iris, the girl in the hoodie. If you asked Brittany for Iris' name, she would've guessed something that started with an I, at least. Irelly, maybe? But she wouldn't have made the leap to Iris, except for a lucky guess. And why would she have? They were hardly ran in the same social circles. Brittany was 6' 1" to Iris' couple inches over five. Her clothes were... well... they fit well. She was in a pink tank top and denim shorts at the moment, her long, toned legs on display, her milky legs stretched out beneath her. The color of her black bra was apparent underneath her pink top, and that hugged her chest well. Her chest, which was rather well-endowed, was constantly the object of admiration for many male students. She definitely filled out her bra rather well. Her entire body was in fact well toned from countless hours spent practicing cheerleading, and even more outside of that time in the gym. So what did she have in common with Iris? Not so much.

So it was a little surprising to Brittany when Iris approached her to discuss their newly assigned project, seeing as Brittany was paying just about as little attention as Iris was to the class going on.

"Oh! Um, hi!" Brittany said in a chipper voice, using a hand to brush her rather long blonde hair back behind her shoulder. "I mean, hi Iris!" Brittany amended, using the new girl's name, just to get familiar with it. "I'm sorry, I didn't really hear what the teach said we needed to do for the project," Brittany said, wrinkling her lips as she fiddled with her hair, "But I can help with whatever if you tell me what we need to do," Brittany added quickly. She knew Iris was smart, even if she didn't really know her well. At least... she seemed like it. Brittany wasn't even trying to put off the work onto Iris, she just figured they'd get a better grade if Iris was the one leading the way.

Folding her arms, Iris seemed taken aback by Brittany’s rather – happy demeanor. It wasn’t as if Iris was a cynical person by nature, but it wasn’t in her nature to be as open and as outgoing as the blonde girl was. Slowly Iris set her bag onto the floor as she settled into a nearby seat by the blonde girl. “We have to do an oral report, and a written paper about any subject pertaining to the 1950’s gender roles of men and women, based on our own genders. We have to do a report based on our own genders and do a comparison.” Iris sighed as she placed her notebook down upon the table gently easing it towards Brittany. Iris’ handwriting didn’t portray her personality, it was neat and smooth lined in cursive with all of the written instructions and ideas on the paper.

“I live at an apartment nearby the school; you’re welcome to come by after class.” Iris murmured quietly, she wasn’t shy about talking to Brittany, but talking was not Iris’ strong point. Sure, she could give a persuasive presentation, but if she didn’t have to – Iris would always prefer just to write an extensive paper. Ripping off a sheet of paper Iris slid that across to Brittany as well, a neatly scrawled address to a lonely little apartment complex, some walking distance away from the school.

Tugging gently at the sleeves of her jacket, Iris slouched into her seat calmly staring at Brittany unabashedly with her brown gaze. They really were opposites, in looks at least – and so far, personality too. She had never spent her time to get a better look at Brittany, and now that she had Iris seemed fairly – interested to say the least.

While few people knew Iris as a person, even less people knew her as a real human being. They didn’t know her quirks or her personality – or anything overly specific about the girl. But the one thing no one but Iris knew was that she ‘swung both ways’. Iris was never known to date around, she had had one or two, both girlfriends and boyfriends in the past, but nothing ever lasted very far – it wasn’t as if Iris was an ‘experienced’ girl – unlike what she had heard about Brittany. A girl like Brittany with her looks and her personality – it wasn’t unusual that some rumors were circulating about the girl’s ‘reputation’.

“No wonder you didn’t hear anything.” Iris commented softly as she eyed the girl Brittany passed her note to, “You’re always passing notes in class.” It wasn’t as if Iris were scolding the girl, because hell, it wasn’t as if Iris paid more attention than the cheerleader, but Iris didn’t excel in making ‘pleasant’ conversation. Sometimes, Iris could only make comments about the going-ons at the present moment. “What is it this time? A date with another jock?”

[You’re welcome to time jump to arriving at her apartment.]

Brittany blushed, "How'd you guess?" Brittany responded to Iris asking about her date. "I mean, I just feel like it's kinda rude to just turn them down, and like, they might be cool, you know? I haven't had much luck though," Brittany answered honestly as she gave a little sigh, "I totally didn't know we were going to have a project today, I would've listened more if we did, promise," Brittany said by way of apology.

"Okay, that should work. Do I need to bring anything?" Brittany asked, smiling as Iris offered her apartment. Of course, Brittany wasn't thinking anything in particular about their interaction, unlike her new friend Iris. In fact, Brittany really didn't even notice Iris staring. She was never really the most observant girl in the world, and she was too busy chatting to other classmates, occasionally turning back to Iris to make sure she was being a decent project partner, but otherwise occupied by the noise of the classroom.

Later that day after the school day had finished, Brittany was standing with a piece of paper in her hand at the entrance to Iris' apartment. Brittany had practice, so she had just recently entered the showers with the rest of the cheerleaders, and her hair was still wet, the slick blonde hair resting on her tank top, getting the upper parts of her pink top wet from the moisture still dripping from her hair. She didn't really feel like keeping Iris waiting by heading all the way back to her home to blow dry her hair, then coming back. This way, it was only about an hour after school had ended by the time Brittany had found Iris' apartment.

Brittany paused for a bit, looking around before she gave a sharp knock on the door. "Iris? It's Brittany," She offered in a slightly raised voice, but not too loud, as to not disturb the neighbors. Other than her damp hair, Brittany was still in the same clothes as she was in at school, her feet in a pair of brown flip-flops as well. Brittany reached behind her to adjust her bra slightly, still a little uncomfortable after the exhaustion that was practice.

The day moved slowly for Iris, she had two other classes after the class she shared with Brittany and it was almost as if the day moved at a snail’s pace. It was only after the class where Iris met up with one of her very few, very rare friends – Alice. Alice was only an acquaintance in Iris’ eyes, but it was more than what most could say about being close to Iris. “You busy today?”

“I have a project today.” Iris answered quietly slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

“So that means yes?” The other brunette frowned calmly. She barely understood Iris herself, but she made interesting enough conversation for her to stick around. “Group project or something? You normally procrastinate the shit out of everything, not like to you get straight to work on something.”

“Yeah, something like that.” Alice seemed put off by Iris’ short answer and immediately allowed the girl to scurry to her apartment, rushing to shut the door behind her as she slouched against the cold, poorly painted door. Social interactions – if Iris had it her way, she could go a whole year and not talk, hell, she actually would’ve been fine with being born mute, but that wasn’t the hand she was dealt.

--

Iris woke up with a start at the sound of Brittany’s voice. The girl was a night owl, she stayed up to endless hours, and often slept in class, but most often, she immediately fell asleep when she got home from class. Wiping the smallest bit of spittle from the side of her lips the brunette stood up slowly stretching and creaking. Her normally wavy brown hair seemed disheveled and out of place, before it was hurriedly combed down by frantic hands as Iris scuttled to the door. “Hey,” she greeted simply making room for Brittany to enter her apartment.

The apartment Iris lived in was simple, to say the least. There was little to no excess furniture, only the necessities. A couch, a small, but working television set, a table set for one, and a modest kitchen. The bathroom and her own room were hidden further in the back. “I don’t live with my parents, if you couldn’t tell.” It wasn’t a ‘how are you’, but the conversation starter seemed to work for Iris. “They live in France.” The girl shrugged. Her father was French, and her mother was German – odd combination if you asked Iris, but she was thankful for her pale, freckled skin and her wavy brown hair.

It was just then, Iris noticed Brittany’s – state of dress. “Your hair is wet.” She noted calmly, “Practice I assume?” She was observant to say the least, she knew more about Brittany than Brittany knew about her – that much was for sure. “I’m shocked you came really.” Iris blinked slowly as she slowly settled upon her couch, patting one of the cushions nearby, “Please, sit down. I didn’t mean that comment in an offensive way anyways – I mean, I get the stigma with cheerleaders being dumb – and I wasn’t, pointing to that.” The brunette rolled her eyes calmly.

Waving her hands, as if to disperse her rambling mind, Iris looked calmly at Brittany, “Anyhoo, did you have any ideas on how to start? I had a couple of ideas, but I'd like to hear yours.”

"Omigosh, you're so lucky," Brittany offered as soon as Iris mentioned not living with her parents. She of course didn't think about the countless differences that would make in a girl's life besides the obvious. "I mean, I love my mom and dad, but I can't wait for college, y'know?" Brittany said, treating the conversation like any conversation she would have with her other cheerleader friends. After all, why wouldn't she? "Though I guess they're lucky too, I totally want to visit France, maybe backpack through Europe or something," Brittany continued as she entered the room and set down her modest bag with just enough to get by in school.

"Yeah, I just came from practice. It was pretty lame since we don't have a meet coming up any time soon," Brittany said, answering more than just the short question, "But if we slack off we're going to suck later in the year. Ugh, I wish I could take a break though," Brittany added, walking over to the couch and almost falling into it, letting out a little groan of comfort as she adjusted herself in the cushions. "Oh, I mean, I know I'm not smart like you," Brittany said with a little grin, "But like, I wouldn't want to stand you up, right? That's just rude," Brittany said with a shrug.

Brittany now had her head leaned back, just half-laying in the couch. "Well, I don't really have any ideas," Brittany said as she scooted back up, making sure to sit properly while she talked to Iris. "If you have a plan, just tell me what to do and I'll hop to it," Brittany said with a nod, "Might as well get this done with right? Pulling all-nighters makes me super gross," Brittany said, wrinkling her nose at the thought.

Brittany idly played with her wet hair while she waited to hear from Iris what the plan was for their newly assigned school project. "You know, I don't think I've ever gotten started on a project this early. You're totally a good influence," Brittany joked as she smiled lightly at Iris.

“Ha.”

It was quite possibly the most halfhearted laugh Iris could muster as she looked at Brittany. She wasn’t mocking the girl, but really – Iris wasn’t much t look up to, much less be called a good influence on anything. School work was just something she ‘got’, she looked at it, got it done just so she could get other, more important things done. “Well, I was thinking of…” Iris paused, one thing most people didn’t know about the girl was that she had a very aggressive side. If you asked anyone who knew Iris, they probably would’ve never believed that the supposed ‘shy’ girl had an aggressive side.

“What about bisexual/homosexual relationships? There’s a big difference between what was allowed them and what is allowed now. But I guess since we have to base it on our own sex, we could discuss lesbians?” Iris looked interestingly at Brittany cocking her head to the side. “I guess you wouldn’t know too much about lesbians though would you?” The comment seemed sharp and blunt coming from a girl that tried to escape from any sort of participation in class possible. “But it must be nice to always have boys chasing after you huh?” Iris let out a small sigh. “You have the looks, I guess you might’ve attracted a girl here or there.”

The rumors Iris had heard about Brittany weren’t kind ones, she had known that much was for certain, especially considering a lot of the people that asked the pretty blonde out were jocks. Jock talk was never very nice anyways. It was always about how many chicks were ‘banged’ and how many of them weren’t called after. It was your typical high school male, brimming with testosterone and competition just to see who could get the most ass in one year. “We were given an option of including our own personal experiences, but have you ever been with a girl?” Iris was going to take this step by step. It didn’t take her long after class for Iris to realize why she was so caught up in staring at the blonde girl. She was pretty, that was easy enough for Iris to figure out, but it wasn’t just pretty. There were women that you wanted to be your wife, and there were women that sometimes – you just wanted to fuck.
In Iris’ eyes, Brittany was the latter.

“I mean, it’s no big deal if you haven’t, we can just speak from my experience if you’d like.” Iris felt like she was just dropping a huge bomb on the girl in front of her, mostly because, to her, her bisexuality was quite possibly her largest kept secret. “I’m not what one could consider ‘experienced’, but I have enough to talk about.” Iris shrugged her should nonchalantly. She’d be shocked if Brittany’s answer was anything but a ‘no’, that she hadn’t been with a woman before. Perhaps she was being a little too presumptuous, but the bubbly blonde didn’t quite look like the type to go around kissing women.

[Herp, I almost forgot the assignment – I gave my own character. XD]

Back
Top Bottom