Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

7:00 PM (quet314 and king_bakal)

"Hahahha, go on you two. Ichigo, just remember, pull out whe.." He cut her off! "Yes AUNTIE JOSIE!! I UNDERSTOOD THANK YOU!!!!!" Aunt Josie just laughed and gestured for them to just go on with their date. She explained to Ichigo that she'll just leave her luggage inside and call it a day. Ichigo nodded and faced Niwa-san again.

"Oh, don't worry about us. I'm pretty sure she's tired and she'll prefer to just soak up in the bath or something. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to see her again, but I do wish to spend more time with you tonight Niwa-san." He paused, gathering up enough courage to say the next words. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be with you tonight.. Niwa-san." Aunt Josie can't help but overhear this. She tried to suppress her laugh as she made her way towards the door. Ichigo gave her a wave and said goodbye for now.

"You've grown into a fine young man Ichigo." Said Aunt Josie to herself. "No wonder, you're dad is so proud of you. You'll make my stay worthwhile. Enjoy your night my nephew, I'll just save the good news for later. Niwa-san should surely be proud of you."

"So, Niwa-san?" He offered his arm to her. "Sha-shall we?"

Shizuka watched his Aunt go up to the apartment a little worried about intruding still but smiled up at him all the same. She was glad that he still wanted to go to the shrine because she was sure he would enjoy it more than she did. She liked history a lot but she didn't understand much about Judo, so she was glad to show it to someone who would appreciate it.

She placed her arm in his carefully and couldn't help but blush a little shyly as she tugged him in the right direction. "It's not far from here, so we should be able to walk if your foot is ok. I'm actually not sure if I could direct us there by car, I always take the back way. Your new here right? Then you might not know that the old allyways in this town are all connected..." She pointed to between two houses to a small stone path, slightly over grown with greenery. "It's all lit up too, so since not many people know about it it's the safest way to get from place to place," she pointed out as she pulled him down the path. She rambled a little about the her grandmother showing her the path as a little girl and how it reminded her of a fairytale the way it was a little overgrown and hidden like a secret passage way.

She paused a little suddenly mid sentence, getting to a part with steps and clutching at his arm a little tighter, "if you start to hurt just lean on me, ok? The shrine is just up at the top of the steps. You actually have a straight shot to it from your place." She was feeling comfortable again, and a familiar topic helped her feel better about talking any way. She pushed away thoughts of Riku, Rin, and jealousy and focused on the fact that Garcia wanted to spend more time with her despite her being so nervous and despite seeing his Aunt for the first time in a while. Shizuka pointed up the steps to the small stone statue statue at the top of them and the trees hanging over top. The statue had long since been weathered down to an unrecognizable god, but it still stood tall enough to guard the small entry to the shrine.

"The Great Goro Daimon" A fascinated Ichigo said upon reaching the top of the steps. "You familiar with him Niwa-san?" He winced a bit, his grip on her arm tightened a bit. Obviously, the day's activities is taking it's toll on him. He can't be bothered now. They're here, no one can ruin this.

"He's a legend. I look up to him. It's a shame no one is funding a restoration of this statue." He forced a smile even though the pain is already creeping up his spine.

"I guess you love walking around Niwa-san? For you to discover such a place.." He paused. Smiling as he look straight into her. "Maybe next time, we'll travel together and discover new things together. What do you think?" He was ecstatic. The thought alone sent goosebumps all over him. He came from a family of travelers and he knows the joys of it. His father and mother met during their travels. He smiled as this thought crossed his mind.

He was there, looking at the scenery. With the old stones trying to survive the test of time in front of him, he is motivated to survive his current test now. His injury must be ignored. Niwa-san is this close. No disturbance whatsoever.

"I think she likes you Niwa-san." He smiled to her as his vision starts to get blurry. "I think you and Aunt Josie will get along very well.." He said as everything went blank.

Shizuka saw it happen, she felt his weight drop against her. She was only just able to pull him to her as she fell, and they landed in a pile next to the statue. She took a deep breath and tried her best not to move him, least she somehow injure him further.

"Garcia-san," she spoke as calmly as she could manage. Nope. He was out like a light. She frowned, it was definitely because of his ankle, she should've tried to remember the driving directions. She took a deep breath, right now was not the time to guilt trip and panic. She needed to call her Grandpa, and then she needed to call his Aunt somehow if he didn't wake up soon. She fumbled for her phone carefully, still terrified of moving him. He had fallen between her legs and she had only just been able to move her arms around him in support before he fell. He was now leaning against her chest and unknowingly making her very nervous. She balanced hers and his weight on one hand as she dialed her phone.

"Jii-chan? I need your help, my friend..." she paused, fainting didn't sound very manly. "...Passed out. He has an ankle injury and I think that may have caused it, we're at the old Shrine." Her grandpa gave a gruff reply and told her to 'wait there, and don't move him' before hanging up. Her grandpa and her grandpa's father had both been Doctors so it was safe to say that he would know best in what to do for Garcia.

She leaned back on both hands, blushing heavily as Garcia's head slumped a little further down on her chest. Even sitting between her legs he seemed twice her size. He looked crowded and uncomfortable as he laid against her. Shizuka glanced at his face, he didn't look like he was pain though. Could you be in pain while you were passed out? She wasn't sure. She reached up and touched his hair softly... It was a bit messy, but soft and it smelled lightly of cologne. She retracted her hand quickly and returned it to holding up their weight, blushing hard. Here he was fainting due to her dragging him around and she was thinking about how manly his hair smelled.

"Shizu-chan...?" She knew the voice immediately. It was Ami's older brother.

"Kuro-nii-san, over here!" she called out, still to nervous to move. He made his way over and she heard his foot steps approach, "Jii-chan asked me to come up first while he grabbed some first aid. You're lucky I was with him." He moved around her and raised an eye-brow. Her whole face turned red, "I only just caught him as he was falling..." She mumbled in explanation. He smirked at her and crouched down, "well if it was just his ankle I think it's safe to move him... at least to the Shrine, you've got a key, right?" She nodded.

"Shizuka...!" Her grandpa's gruff voice called out, he sounded out of breath. "They're over here," Kuro responded for her, and her grandpa circled around them. Kuro pointed to Garcia's ankle, "it looks pretty swollen, there's no surprise it took him down. What the hell did you do to the boy, Shizu-chan?" Shizuka didn't think she could get any more red, when Garcia finally seemed to stir a little. "Garcia-san...? Are you ok?"

The pain was searing. He was not the type to faint but the sudden stress just took it's toll on him. A mix of sadness, joy, excitement, and pain.

"Am I dreaming...?" He said as he squinted his eyes. He can't remember anything. All he knows was that the pain was gone. It's as if someone cradled him when he passed out. It's as if someone who cared for him so much ran and prevented him from hitting the unforgiving pavement below. He was raised with rich values. Angels were beings that for him were true and not a work of fiction. What just happened now can attest to that.

"Are you my angel...?" He said. Obviously still delirious. "I'm in no danger. Just stressed out. That's all..." He thought. Or was he? Is he murmuring? He can't say for sure.

He squinted again and there she is. Face so beautiful, body so soft, giving him comfort. "You're my guardian angel.. Right?" He tried saying. It seems his mind was working but his muscles were not. "Can she even hear me? Why don't you answer my angel?" He tried to ask her.

It doesn't matter now. What's important is that she's looking at him. Watching over him. Protecting him.

At Ichigo's house, Aunt Josie wanted to use the car. It seems that the coffee that she took earlier was stronger than usual and now she just can't stay put. She doesn't want to bother the two love birds but she's not the type to just grab the keys and drive off in somebody else's car.

She dialed Ichigo's number. It's ringing but no one is answering. "Maybe they're doing it?" She thought. Chuckling. "Don't worry, I'll just ask for permission. C'mon, answer Ichi-chan"

Shizuka frowned, he was murmuring but she couldn't understand what he was saying. She glanced at her grandpa for reassurance. He nodded, "he should be fine Shizuka" She nodded and Kuro moved forward, "Lets get him into the shrine." She nodded again and helped Kuro move him best she could. She fumbled with the key and they finally were able to lay him down and Shizuka sat carefully beside him while her grandpa moved to examine Garcia's uncle. A familiar ringtone startled her. It was Garcia's phone. Grandpa and Kuro looked at her expectantly. She blushed and glanced at his pocket before leaning forward and getting out the phone. She flipped it open, "Um... um... hello?" She spoke English just in case.

"Oh, Ms. Niwa?" Aunt Josie was smiling but a bit confused. "Am I a disturbance? Hopefully, you don't mind my call." She said in a very polite and accented tone. "May I please speak to Ichigo?"

What she heard afterwards was something unexpected. She remained composed though. Aunt Josie might not look like it but she's one tough person. She remained relax. No point in panicking.

"Oh? can you please guide me over the phone? I'll take the car, it'll be quick."

Upon hearing Niwa-san's answer to her question, Aunt Josie didn't think twice. Even with her stilletos, she gracefully went down the stairs and straight into Ichigo's V-Dub. With the phone on speaker, she revved the engine to life. "Please miss, tell me where to go. I am currently facing east, that's where you we're heading when you left me here at the house."

Niwa-san's knowledge of the English language proved it's worth tonight.

"Do you have an emergency number? An equivalent of 911 of some sort? I might not be serious but we can never be sure." She said with a firm voice. The Garcia's has been in the motorsports business for quite some time now. Aunt Josie know's the importance and value of paramedics.

"Use your phone miss, I'll stay on the line, call for help."

Shizuka did her best to direct her to the shrine vai Kuro, but she was struggling to listen in Japanese and talk to Garcia's aunt in English.

"Wait, wait, um. My English....' She paused. "My grandpa. He's a doctor. He says that Garcia-san's going to be fine. He'll need to rest for a few days though. I'm so sorry Mrs. Garcia, I didn't realize he was in so much pain. My grandpa..." She paused again to listen to her grandpa and reply in Japanese again. "I'll meet you at the bottom of the steps to the Shrine, and bring you up. Grandpa says we shouldn't move him until he wakes up." As she spoke she got up and left the Shrine and made her way down the stairs. She was slightly out of breath when she reached the bottom searching to see Garcia's car. "Can you see me?" she asked.

"That's good." Aunt Josie said as she looked around. "Oh, there you are." She said as she hopped out of the car and went straight to the steps where Niwa is.

"Where is Ichigo?" She said. Already worried but still looking relaxed, she followed Niwa up to where Ichigo is. She smiled as she saw her nephew there. She knows he's ok. He's just tired. In front of her was Niwa's grandpa and a man. She ignored the two and proceeded into trying to rouse Ichigo up.

Ichigo was semi-conscious, as their hunch said earlier, it's just the fatigue of training, stress, and excitement. Even a physically fit man would have problems.

"Heh, your sweet little boy messed up your trip eh Aunt Josie?" Ichigo laughed. "I guess I should eat more burgers next time. What do you think?" He laughed. Looking around now for his angel. "Where is she?" He feels tired but seeing his Aunt whom he hasn't seen for a decade and being with Niwa-san made him feel better. The fact that he got a good couple of minutes rest too was helpful.

"Shizuka?" Aunt Josie chuckled. "She's here." She pointed to Niwa before speaking again. "So I guess somebody else is now top priority over Aunt Josie?"

Ichigo felt defensive. Shy too at the same time. He wanted to blurt out some words before Aunt Josie hushed him.

"It's ok. C'mon, let's go home. You need rest. It seems you had a long day." She said to her nephew.

Ichigo nodded to Aunt Josie then smiled at Niwa-san. "So much for a first date right?" Ichigo said to Niwa-san, oblivious to the presence of the two men around him.

Shizuka blushed deeply Garcia finally spoke to him. She glanced at her grandpa and Kuro with embarrassment and shook her hands in the air.

"No really! It's fine Garcia-san, you should've told me your injury was bothering you! I wouldn't have dragged you up those steps..."

Kuro's hand landed on her head suddenly and ruffed up her hair. "If you knew he was injured you shouldn't have dragged him this far anyway. The Shrine wasn't going anywhere, Shizu-chan." He was smiling, as though teasing her, but he was glaring a little at Garcia. "The name's Tsuki Kuro, this is Niwa's grandpa. I'm becoming a doctor, and the old man here has been a doc for a long time. You should keep off of the ankle for a few days, no moving around, no sports. Shizu-chan says you do Judo?" Kuro was very purposefully dangling how familiar with Shizuka he was.

Shizuka pushed Kuro's hand away, oblivious to his taunting, and sat next to Garcia, "honestly, please don't push yourself next time..." She felt a little uncomfortable talking to Garcia in front of her Grandpa and Kuro about their dates so she switched to English. "You said everyday, right? If you need rest, or want to take it easy, we can do less walking. We have plenty of time right..?"

Ichigo nodded to the two men. He wanted to get up to properly bow but Aunt Josie stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "Hush.. Relax ok?" The tall woman said as she puts her arm around Ichigo's chest, helping him get up.

Ichigo then tried his best to stand up straight to properly bow to the two men. "Garcia, Ichigo. Pleased to meet you. Thank you for aiding us. I'm sorry for the disturbance that this has caused you." He looked at the men then to Niwa-san, mouthing the word "Sorry" in English before smiling again. A big smile, wonderfully delivered as if nothing had happened.

Aunt Josie smiled. She can feel that the other guy has feelings for the girl and that hostility is brewing. She just finds it funny that Ichigo hasn't reacted to this yet. Her nephew might be a grown man now but his heart is still very young. Without a word, she gestured to Ichigo to start walking back to the car. She then looked at Niwa-san.

"Will it be ok if you ride with us Ms. Niwa? Unfortunately, me nor Ichigo are not familiar with the place. As you can see, we need a guide." She looked at Niwa's grandpa and nodded. She didn't bother looking at Kuro. "You're grandfather won't mind if you will ride with us right?" She now looked at Kuro with a smile. "I'm pretty sure Ichigo here would prefer riding home with his girlfriend."

"Aunt Josie!!!!!!!!!" A defensive Ichigo has blurted. "We're just--" Aunt Josie interrupted.

"Relax, let's go my dear." Aunt Josie said as she draped his arm over her shoulder. "Please, explain to them what I said." She assumed the men doesn't speak English because of the look on their faces.

"We will wait for you in the car Ms. Niwa"

Niwa almost squeaked when Garcia's Aunt said girlfriend and thanked every God she could think of that her grandpa didn't speak any English. She watched the two of them leave before translating.

"They aren't really familiar with the area so she asked if I could ride back with them, she said to check with you." She said carefully avoiding the phrase of girlfriend.

Her grandpa seemed to contemplate something before replying. "You are a good girl, Shizuka. You may go, but you may only spend the night if the women is there. Other wise you will call Kuro for a ride."

Shizuka almost choked, "wh-what? Jii-chan! I wasn't going to--"

She was cut off, "I would rather you spend the night than walk home alone. If the worst you do during high school is spend the night at your boyfriend's, then your grandmother and I will manage. You must come home before school in the morning, and do not make a habit of spending the night. If the situation arises again you must inform us if you are with him and not Ami, and if your grades drop while dating this boy you will be forbade from seeing him." He patted her on the head after he finished talking and then began to leave the Shrine.

Her face flushed, "we, we aren't..." she tried to call after him, but he was already out of the door.

Kuro spoke now, and he seemed angry. "You aren't official? That's pretty typical of foreigners like him, you shouldn't expect so much of college guy Shizu-chan. When you need me, just call. I'll come rescue you." His voice was dripping with sarcasm but he smirked at her and laid his hand on her head again. She pushed him away angrily.

"Kuro-ni-chan! You shouldn't talk so badly of people you don't know!" She swallowed angrily, but bowed respectfully. "Thank you for your help, if I need you I'll call. Good night..." She then left the Shrine, and as soon as she was out of site she running to the bottom of the steps. Why was he being so cruel? She reached the car, and was half out of breath as she opened the back door. "Sorry, I didn't mean to take so long," she said getting into the car and readying herself to give directions.

"I.. I only have one extra Futon, you can sleep on my futon Niwa-san, I'll just sleep with Aunt Josie tonight. Hahahaha." He then quickly turned his attention to Aunt Josie. "Right, right? I miss you so much Aunt Josie!!! I miss you telling me stories before bed!!!" There is truth to this but his intention was a bluff. He just wants to avoid to awkward, very awkward situation of spending the night with Niwa-san.

His mind was racing. It can't be helped. He's a man, she's a woman. Electricity would fly all over. Polar opposites would always attract each other.

"Oh, shut up Ichigo, you go home and rest and I'll take the car. I'm still jet-lagged and had too much coffee. I can't sleep yet. I'll check downtown. I bought a map. That would suffice." She laughed as she turned the car into a corner. "Besides, I interrupted you guys earlier, make up for it tonight."

Ichigo was mortified. How would he tackle this task? Sure, he planned on sending her text messages or even spending minutes on calls but spending the night with her? With Niwa-san physically beside him? It's all too much.

"Thank you Ms. Niwa." Said Aunt Josie as she idles the car in front of the door. "You two make yourselves comfortable ok? I'm going to the city." He laughed. "Ichigo, you still have classes tomorrow alright? Be safe." She said, laughing harder now.

Ichigo can't say anything. Opening the door for Niwa-san, he limped towards the apartment's door. "Ni-Niwa-san... Welcome to my house.." He said as Aunt Josie waved to them before speeding off.

Shizuka wasn't sure she remembered how to breath as she walked into Garcia's home. "Ojama shimasu..." she said softly as she entered.

She thought about what her grandpa had said, 'only stay if the women is there.' Then she thought of Kuro. She didn't want to call him. Shizuka blushed, as nervous as she was she wanted to stay.

Shizuka bent to slip off her shoes and to neatly set them next to the door with her bag, and then turned to Garcia. She smiled a little nervously, still blushing some, "Um, yo-your shoes. Since your ankle's hurt you should take them off." She glanced over her shoulder. "That's the kitchen, ne? I'll get some ice for you to put on it..."

She turned to go, but stopped. Chewing on her lip for a moment before speaking again. She bowed slightly, "please don't strain yourself any more, Garcia-san." She stood up straight and tucked a stray hair behind her ear, blushing heavily now. "It's really my fault you passed out... So please allow me to make up for it by taking care of you tonight."

He could feel his abdominal muscles contract as he heard her statement. "She's taking care of me tonight?" He gulped. "She.. She.." He straightened up his posture as he walked towards her. His eyes can't help but see the glittering presence that is Niwa-san.

"You don't have to.. Niwa-san.." He said. Trying to mask the feelings that is surging within him by his nonchalant delivery. Feelings that should go by now because if not, it's going to be a long, and awkward night.

After nodding, he quickly turned to the pantry beside the fridge. "You want something to snack Niwa-san?" With his shoes off, the purplish skin and the limp is more prominent. "This.. Is... a blessing!" He said to himself. "No! No! Think straight Ichigo! She's just a kind and thoughtful young girl. Leave it at that!" He grabbed a bottle of water for himself.

He's there, standing. His back turned away from Niwa-san. Waiting for her to answer his question. Just behind him is the girl who caught his eye earlier and now she is spending the night with him. Alone with him, in his house. Behind her is this girl, holding an ice pack, waiting to aid him. He can imagine her kneeling in front of him, gently holding the ice on his ankle. Her eyes, meeting his, her soft voice calling his name.

"This can't be good!" He unconsciously said.

Shizuka frowned. "Garcia-san!" She grabbed softly at the back of his shirt, "Please, your ankle." She gently guided him to a chair and even went so far as to push him gently into a seating position. "If I need a snack, I'll get one." She tightened her hands around the ice pack.

"Please..." She spoke softly, blushing a little. "Garcia-san, Jii-chan said to rest. You really shouldn't be walking around..." She knelt, quite oblivious to Garcia's thoughts, and tucker her hair behind her ears again before gently placing the ice pack on his ankle. She bit her lip, and looked up at him. "Garcia-san. It's very swollen... please don't get up again unless you have to. Where do you keep your medicine? Do you have anything you can take for the pain?"

Shizuka honestly felt terrible for causing Garcia so much trouble, and she was determined to do what ever she could to make up for it.

His hands were shaking, his heart was pumping. "What am I? a 14 year old boy!?" Ichigo said to himself, his thoughts racing. He just can't seem to relax. Who wouldn't? Niwa-san is literally kneeling in front of him. Any man in their right mind would feel the same.

"Ni, Niwa-san, you don't have to. It's too much. Please, just relax.." His eyes were probing her when he said that. He couldn't help it, he was drawn to her so much. "I.. I mean.." He wanted to punch himself for the way he delivered those lines. "I, I mean, please, you want to watch TV?"

He froze. With her hair tucked behind her ear, her kneeling and looking up to her. He just can't help it. He is staring at the eyes of the angel who saved him earlier. There she is, in all of her glory. His eyes can't stray away.

At the last second, he looked down, breaking the awkwardness. "Niwa-san" His hands unconsciously grabbing hers. "Please I am all good." He managed to collect enough courage to look at her. "Please. I'm ok!" His eyes were closed. He can't see the closeness that he managed to achieve. Niwa-san is now literally breathing in front of his face.

Shizuka blushed heavily and held her breath for a moment. Garcia was exceedingly close. His hands were warm compared to her icy fingers, still cold from the ice pack. Even sitting he seemed to tower over her and in a strange way she felt like he could swallow her whole if he wanted to... He'd just have to take his arms and wrap them around her shoulders, pull her to him, and she would just disappear. She bit her lip nervously, and for a moment considered closing the distance between them herself. She felt an urge to brush her lips against his, and swallowed.

Shizuka leaned forward slightly, almost on instinct, her lips hardly a hair's breath away from Garcia's. She pulled away suddenly, taking her hands with her and fell backwards. She covered her mouth with one hand, her face felt hot. "G-go-gomen!" She stuttered, leaning back on her other hand she was still managing to sit up but her legs were sprawled out on Garcia's kitchen floor. She blushed further and awkwardly pulled herself to her feet. "Um. I." She blushed harder still, letting her hair fall into her face. She tactfully switched the subject back to his earlier question.

"I- I don't w-watch much TV, but if there's something on that you would like to watch I would be glad to j-join you." She desperately needed a moment to collect herself, she felt like she was falling apart. "D-do you have something that I could change into..? So that my uniform doesn't get wrinkled...?" Changing her clothes would give her some time to think, right?

"Gomen!" He blurted out as he noticed that he was excessively staring at Niwa-san. The thought of helping her to get back on her feet didn't even crossed his mind. He was in shock. He had that "What the hell just happened?" kind of moment.

"She was so close... " His heart was racing fast, his body tensed. For a second, he thought that something would happen, a miracle of some sort. Niwa and him kissing is such a fantasy that lingered into his mind just now that he can't shake off. He can't be like this. He can't show such actions or emotions in front of Niwa-san. Not in this awkward situation.

He jolted up from his chair, a slight pain crept up his legs but he couldn't feel it now. Adrenaline is rushing and he is now in situation that is equal to a championship Judo match. He can't mess up. Not now.

"Ni-Niwa-san..." He paused, collecting his thoughts. He purposely closed his eyes so that he can concentrate. "There, in my closet. Pick anything you like. They'll be really loose on you but I won't laugh." He praised himself for the comedic line. "Less awkwardness achieved." He thought.

"Please, feel at home Niwa-san.." He smiled at her, opening his eyes now. Seeing her beautiful face again made him feel awkward again. He can't fall again. "Excuse me" He said as he walked towards the living room, sitting at the couch, and grabbing the remote control for the TV.

"Niwa-san wearing my clothes..." His thoughts were racing. Images crashed into his head. "If I wear those clothes after she's done with them.. It's as if.." He immediately shook off the trail of thought. He can't afford to be like this right now. There is too much to risk.

Shizuka squirmed at bit at the way Garcia was staring at her, and quickly went to his room as he sat down on the couch. She closed the door behind her and sighed with relief. She took a few moments to collect her thoughts, and turned to look around his room. All she needed to do was avoid getting close to Garcia again.

She reached over and flipped the light switch before going over to Garcia's closet. She sat down on the ground and glanced back at the door for a moment, almost double checking that he didn't come in after her, before slipping off her socks. Shizuka felt a little awkward about wearing his clothes, but all the same she picked up a grey t-shirt. She carefully undressed, hanging her clothes on an unused hanger. She then unfolded the shirt and pulled it on over her. It was huge on her, almost reaching her knees. She glanced at the pants, she had intended on picking a pair, but this shirt seemed to cover her enough. She pulled her hair to one shoulder and began to braid it as she walked back into the hall. She felt much more calm now. She would just sit next to Garcia on the couch and read. A perfectly safe activity.

"Do you mind if I read?" she asked Garcia as she walked over to her bag and pulled out her glasses and a book. She put on her glasses as she turned back to him, waiting for a reply.

He saw her figure approaching him. Braided hair, glasses, his shirt. It was all too much for him. She was all that he could ask for. She's more than an angel now for him. It's as if she's a goddess in disguise. "Ni-Niwa-san.." He muttered. He can't help but stare at her face. The glasses compliments her very well. He remembered seeing her wearing them earlier at the library and how he wished to see her wearing them again. "Kami sama exists.." He thought to himself.

"I'm glad that I have something that you like." His eyes now diverted to the TV. "Does it feel comfortable? I do hope so.." He paused. He wanted to take a glance again but he's afraid that he might mess up. "Am I perspiring? I don't know. Damn, my heart is beating so fast." He thought as he tries to relax himself. He is being so self conscious now. Being single all his life, this is too much.

He grew up travelling all over the world. No time for these kinds of things. Acquaintances, yes, but feeling like this and actually spending time with the person involved, it's new and it shows.

"She's in my house.. Wearing clothes from the closet.." He gulped. "It's as if we're living together."

His skin almost turned white when he finally though unconsciously glanced towards her. "Sure not a problem.. Ni-Niwa-san." His voice stuttered as he noticed that she's just wearing a shirt.

"It's going to be a long night.." He thought to himself. His emotions about to sky rocket up to the moon above.

Shizuka smiled, oblivious to Garcia's troubles and sat next to him, bending her knees and tucking her feet underneath of her. Before opening her book. She watched the TV for a moment, and wrinkled her nose. She didn't much like TV, she watched it a lot with Ami though. She got a little more comfortable, letting her knee brush against Garcia's leg. She blushed a little, wondering if it was inappropriate of her. Shizuka decided it wasn't, and settled down into her book.

"If you need anything, let me know. You should try to walk as little as possible..." she said as she began reading.

Electricity went crashing over him as he felt her knee brush against his. There is this urge to move closer to her but he just can't allow himself to. "Why are you so attractive.. Niwa-san?" He said to himself as he tries to forcefully subdue his body with his mind.

His breathing is controlled now but still elevated. He tries in vain to watch the show in front of him. It's the 9th inning of a baseball game. "Why am I like this? I am the older person here, I should set the good example." He said as he moves his hands from his sides to his lap, trying to keep them away from Niwa-san as far as possible. "I thought I was in control.. But why? This happened to soon. I don't have any idea!!! What am I gonna do?"

He tried turning towards her, his shoulder brushing hers. He felt a jolt as another contact point has been established.

"Are you doing ok Niwa-san? Not that I need anything right now.. I'm just concerned about you." He wants to kill himself now for being uber cheesy. He has no choice. First, that's how he truly feels, second, better be lame than awkward.

"I'll follow you're advice Niwa-san.. I'll stay put. I'll rest my foot." His tone being that of a submissive kitten now. "Actually, will you excuse me Niwa-san? I'll just change clothes if you don't mind." He handed her the remote before nodding.

He needs a break from all of this. He doesn't want to leave her alone there but he needs some time to collect his thoughts.

He stood up and slowly walked towards his room. "I'll be back in a few minutes." He said. His eyes closed, traces of perspiration now building up in his forehead.

"She's so gorgeous. Niwa-san.." He said to himself, as he took a glance of her from a distance.

Shizuka sat largely unaware of Garcia's awkward feelings, even unbothered by the extra touch. She was absorbed in what she was reading.

"I'm doing fine," she answered, not looking up, she was however pulled back to reality when Garcia had gotten up.

She glanced over at him and blushed heavily. He was staring at her. He also looked fairly hot, his face a little red and appeared to be sweating a little on his forehead.

"Garcia-san! Are you alright?" She put down her book and got up, not noticing the way the gray t-shirt momentarily rode up her pale thighs before falling back down again as she stood.

Shizuka quickly walked over to him and her fingers were still cold as she reached up and brushed back his hair to feel his forehead. "Garcia-san, I think you have a bit of a fever..." She tip toed a little, pressing her hand gently against him and using her other hand to clutch at his shirt and keep her balance. She was no longer embarrassed but worried. "You should have told me that you weren't feeling well aside from your ankle, please let me get you some medicine?"

"No, I-I'm alright Niwa-san" He said, nervously. The sight of extra skin was something he hasn't prepared for. The sight of her approaching him, her posture and look very different from the meek Niwa-san of earlier was something that definitely caught him off guard. When she reached up for him, he couldn't stop himself from stiffening up. He was there, as if being touched by a ghost.

"Don't worry Niwa-san.. Please.." His hands slowly reaching for her waist. All his might being used to resist holding her waist. "I'm ok please, don't worry. Niwa-san.."

He was staring in her eyes. Looking down at her was both relaxing and frightening at the same time. He was never like this before and he is starting to break down. All his life, he was never cornered in such a situation. "Who would have thought that girls can have such effect on boys!?" He said to himself. After a sigh, he man up and did something. No thinking, just risking it.

"Please, I'm alright Niwa-san. I'll just change my clothes. I'm just tired, that's all. I'll come back to you in a few minutes.."

His delivery was flawless. He was looking down at her, his eyes probing her, his posture straight. He was oozing with manliness at that moment, on the exterior at least. Deep inside him, he was afraid. As usual, he just wants to mask his nervous and awkward self.

Back
Top Bottom