Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

7:00 PM (quet314 and king_bakal)

Surprisingly his words made her laugh, "That sounds like a song lyric from one of the boy-bands Ami listens to." Her face turned a little red but she still smiled. She wanted to make some kind of joke like, "I didn't know this was so serious." However the question about her Grandma seemed more important, and she wasn't sure she could make the joke without turning permanently turning red.

"My Grandma doesn't mind me staying out late because I normally study till the library closes anyway. Ami-chan, Miyaki-sensei, and I often go out to eat together as well depending on how much work Miyaki has. Ami's probably just now getting finished with school activities. She's on the student council and is the star member of our school's Volleyball team. That's actually why I was out for lunch today," she shrugged her shoulders a little embarrassed. "She wants me to be in the school festival, some kind of 'literary cafe' idea. Last year she roped me into the school's haunted house, and the year before that it was the cosplay cafe. She's probably furious with Miyaki for letting me leave before she got there." She laughed, "They don't get along well at all."

She paused, thinking again about her Grandma, "I don't think I've ever stayed out for any other reason besides them, and Grandma's never really cared. She probably wouldn't even ask me where I was if I didn't show up again until tomorrow." Her whole face instantly turned red. "Not that..! I mean! I was just! I don't normally stay out all night but if I did she wouldn't care, I mean she would care! Just she would assume I was with them, not that I'm saying we should stay out that late either I was just..." she felt like she was stumbling over ever word she said.

He gave Niwa-san some pats on the head, petting her like she's a cute little puppy. He told her to relax, she's getting hyper and jumpy. Oblivious to the girl, Ichigo was getting hyper and jumpy too. He's just good in hiding it. The mere fact that he managed to actually touch her hair is enough to give him that stereotypical anime nose bleed. He stopped before his heart goes haywire.

Standing in front of her, he leaned forward, his hands on his knees and looked into her. Their eyes on the same level now. "Don't worry. I won't take much of your time. We still have school tomorrow right? We can't stay up late." He thought that these words might give her the impression that he is the boring type or that he doesn't want to spend more time with her. In all honesty, of course, he wanted to stay up late. He wants to stay up late. He's just being careful. He doesn't want to give her bad impressions. Better be safe than sorry.

"Anyway, are you hungry? I sure am." He straightened up, patting his shirt in the process, conscious of the kinks. "Since you told me that you're used to eating dinner with your friends, I guess there's no problem if we go out for another meal right?" He laughed. "There is a reason why I didn't argued with you when you paid for my meal earlier. I was thinking of asking you again someday but..." He shrugged, trying to act cool and composed. "Why not tonight? You game?" While waiting for her to answer, he followed up his suggestion. "Do you like American foods? If yes, do you mind walking a few blocks? If not, we can just go to that place where you usually eat." His smile was bright and clearly shows his convincing power.

Shizuka felt her tension slip away when he patted her on the head and dismissed her embarrassed word frenzy. She was thankful for that, and thankful that he was at least responsible enough to put school first but she still couldn't help getting a little lost when he leaned down to look at her with their eyes at the same level.

She didn't often get to look people in the eye that way because of being so short, and the fact that they were his eyes was enough to make her head spin and fill her chest with butterflies.

She felt her stomach drop into her feet and had the sudden urge to reach out and touch him.... but she kept her hands firmly together around the handle of her bag.

"I don't mind walking at all," she said quietly, a soft smile gracing her lips. She liked walking with him, and she was excited to walk with him tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that... She let her imagination spin as she gestured for him to lead the way to the restaurant.

There is a visible limp to his steps now. He told Niwa-san to not mind him. He's used to this kind of situations. He would usually just shake the pain off, probably take painkillers prior to bed and feel good as new the next morning. This one is a little bit more serious than what he is used to. Still, he wouldn't let it ruin their night together.

His hands are now on the back of his head. He is looking up, gazing at the stars as they walk down the street. "Do you like constellations?" He asked her. His eyes still glued to the brightly lit sky, clear as crystal without a trace of clouds. "My mother got me a book about them when I was a kid. I got really fascinated with them." His hands went down to his sides, sliding down inside his pockets. "You see that one? That's Orion. Pretty easy to spot." He said in an enthusiastic voice, hoping that he's amusing her.

"Are you tired? Don't worry we're here."

They were in the middle of an empty street. It was not dark at all because of the street-lamps and brightly lit houses. Still, not a single restaurant can be seen. It's a residential area. No way can a restaurant exist here.

"I'm craving for a burger now. I missed it. I ate them almost everyday during my stays in America." He said to her. There is a MickeyDonalds not far from here, probably just a 10 minute drive if we take the highway.

He pulled out his hands from his pocket, his right hand holding keys. "I usually just drive this during the weekends. I don't really need to drive to and from school. Besides, almost everyone walks." He pushed the remote and the lights of the white Volkswagen GTI blinked. "My dad bought it from his friend in Spain. He got a huge discount." He said, chuckling. "That's his gift for my 18th birthday." He paused and opened the left side door for her. "Don't worry, It's not American. Wheel's on the right." He said, figuring that she'll find the joke amusing.

Shizuka suddenly felt bad for their little game of tag, "are you sure it's ok? You should have told me you were hurt! Pancakes isn't exactly a good way to express a hurt ankle..." she frowned. Maybe they shouldn't walk any more this evening, but he brushed it off mentioning how 'he's used to it.' She still decided to look for it again the next day, if he was still limping she would insist on not walking any more than necessary.

She glanced up and the skies when he pointed out Orion, "when studying mythology in junior high we talked about it. He was the hunter right? He chased the seven sisters... Pleiades? and fought with Scorpio?" She continued the conversation, just as enthusiastically as he started it.

She almost didn't notice how odd they're surroundings were, but once he said they had arrived she looked around quizzically. Then when she realized he was planing to drive. The car was nice, sleek and white, he opened the door for her and she hesitated for a moment. She sucked in a deep breath, she never took risks because none of them ever looked appealing and most the time not many were presented to her. She shifted her weight a little, smiling at his joke. She wanted to go eat with him, so she smoothed her skirt and sat carefully in the car. It was nice on the inside too.

"I haven't ridden in a car in ages." She said more to make herself feel less awkward. "My grandparents don't actually own one so I only get to go in them when my Dad's in town.." she placed her bag in her lap. "Or if Ami's parents let her brother borrow the car," she laughed a little. "Of course even if they let him borrow it he doesn't always agree to taking her anywhere. I haven't heard you mention brother's or sisters, are you an only child?"

They are cruising towards the city now. There is an expressway so they don't need to waste their time on the heavily congested local roads. Besides then, to left is a wonderful view of the bay. The city's bright lights gets reflected on the calm waters making an illusion of a light show. During a full moon, its way better.

"Wow, so not only constellations but you know mythology too? Cool!" He said to her, keeping his eyes on the road. "I also know things about mythology. Greek mostly." He paused as the road signs started to appear, grabbing his attention. He followed the directions towards the city's shopping district. If they are lucky enough, they can just park outside the fast-food store but if not, they'll be forced to park a few blocks away. The city is always crowded.

The car stereo was playing but the volume was so low, it's bearly audible. A man's voice singing in an operatic like tone suddenly came out of the speakers. "Oh, I like this!" He said to her, excited. He turned up the volume a bit and the pop-rock song came to life. "It's Jojoushi, by Larc~en~Ciel. It's my favorite." The haunting chorus of the song enveloped the two. A good pre-cursor for things to come.

As the song fade's to it's ending notes, so as the hum of the car's engine. They have reached their destination. "We are lucky." He said as he parallel parks the car in front of the store. He went out first, went on the other side of the car and opened the passenger side door for her. He extended out his hand. "Let's go?"

She watched the view slip by as the drove and chatted, "I wouldn't say I know a lot about constellations, I remember that from class though. It was on the study guide." She remembered because Ami had actually studied with her for that test. "I would love to know more though, I like learning new things."

She stayed quiet once he turned up the music and told her it was her favorite. She felt it would be more polite, kind of like not talking loud in a library. She didn't want to disturb the song, so she listened to the lyrics carefully. It was a beautiful expression and his voice had a tragic tone to it as he sang "How you gently alleviate, Even the remaining sad memories..."

She glanced over at Garcia, telling herself it was rude to stare but that occasional peeks were ok. Just as the song ended he seemed to pull into a parking spot. She was relieved that it was so close a spot because now that she knew he was hurt she was a little worried. Garcia was out of the car and opening her door in seconds, she almost squeaked, he was pretty fast for a guy with a limp.

He held out his hand to her and she took it, a little timidly, mumbling a small thank you as she stood. His hand was warm and a little rough but she didn't mind it. She guessed it was from Judo. She briefly wondered if her hands felt like paper with all the books she read. She glanced over at the yellow and red restaurant. "It doesn't seem that busy right now," she pointed to an empty table by the window. "We could probably sit there." She walked forward, missing the feel of his skin on hers almost as soon as he hand dropped. She wanted to ask him if he was sure about paying, but some how it almost felt rude to do so.
"You didn't answer my question, about brothers and sisters?" Shizuka asked as the entered the restaurant, blushing some and trying not to think about his hands anymore.

He must admit that he was so nervous, kind of distracted too by her cuteness that he totally missed that question. With his elbow on the table and hands clasped, he asked for her forgiveness. He explained to her that he was an only child. That's the reason why it's easy for his parents to just take him along with them whenever they travel. After telling her this, his eyes met hers. Unconsciously, he rested his cheek on his palm and stayed like that for several seconds. "Oh Niwa-san.. I can stare at you forever.. You're face.. It's worthy to be a constellation.." He thought to himself, getting lost in the moment.

"Oh snap."

Awkwardness felt the air around him and his blood turned white.

He straightened himself up, stood up and asked her what she would like to eat. "If you have a good appetite, try the quarterkilo." He patted her shoulder. "You sit there and relax, I will serve you. I am your knight."

Her eyes met again and the reaction was almost instant. She held her breath, unable to move her eyes from his, and she felt like she was sinking into him and those big blue eyes. She blushed as his stare continued.

Garcia then looked away and stood up suddenly, patting her shoulder. Her face still red she smiled up at him, "actually, just the spicy chicken bites and a coke will do for me. I won't eat much more than that." Her grandma often told her she ate like a bird, snacking often more than indulging in large meals. Shizuka glanced down at his foot, "Are you sure?"

As she asked this she happened to glance up at the registers and see two familiar faces. She tried not to frown as she waited for his answer. If she was lucky, they just wouldn't notice her.

Time stood still as he waited for his turn. The wait doesn't really bother him till now. He wants to get back into his seat, in front of Niwa-San as soon as possible. Standing in line with a sore ankle doesn't help either. After a few minutes, the two girls in front of him, both of them wearing the same uniform as Niwa-San has were already done with their order. "Finally, it's my turn." He wanted to take a quick glance at Niwa-San but the clerk was already asking for his order.

After a few more minutes of agonizing wait time, he's finally on his feet, walking back towards the seating area with a tray in hand full of tasty goodies.

At this point, he reviewed the events. They started off as two strangers bumping to each other then in a span of just a few hours, already in date. "This is fast... Way too fast even for romance movie standards." He said to himself. He does have a good feeling about this. He knows that this just might work. "No, it has to work!"

The music suddenly changed to Coldplay's Viva La Vida. He remembered that it was a big hit when he was in America a few years ago. "A, high school." He smiled as a thought passes through him. "Who would have thought that I'll meet someone like her back then?" He could picture his mother's teasing look. She would always tell him that he'll end up with a foreign girl.

"Oh how wrong she was."

Shizuka tried to telepathically will the two girls from her class away. She clenched her hands around her bag, and sat perfectly still. Pleading with the Universe to let them walk by without noticing.

"Ni-wa-chan~" The Universe had paid her no head, while the voice of the oh so popular Matsumi Riku and her look alike friend Toshika Rin rang in her ears.

"Uwa~ What a coincidence seeing you here!" Rin cooed hugging Shizuka from behind. She smelled heavily of perfume and hairspray and it made Shizuka feel like she was drowning. "I've never even seen you outside of school!"

Riku spoke next, "You ran away from class today before Ami could ask you about the school festival, we thought you went home~ but you're not the type to skip school... did you go to the library or something? Or do you always just wear your school uniform?" Rin's word were sweet sounding, like maybe she had been worried or was just making sweet conversation, but her grin was unmistakably wicked in nature. It was an insult and both she and Shizuka knew it.

Rin released Shizuka with a cute whine, "You should let us take you shopping sometime Niwa-chan~! We could make you so cute, the school uniform really does nothing for you." Rin's comments didn't hold as much hate as Riku's but she spent enough time with Rin that it unconsciously rubbed off onto her.

Shizuka kept her mouth shut, choosing not to indulge them any more than necessary, she narrowed her eyes and glanced up at Rin. "I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly, I didn't realize I would be missed so dearly." It was a silent demand that hissed beneath her skin, 'what do you want?'

Riku seemed amused, "We actually really wanted to talk to you today?" She displayed a fake pout and Rin jumped in, "We were really hoping to get your help with our studies. I haven't understood a thing the teacher has been saying and I'm worried about the test next week~!"

Shizuka frowned and tried to keep herself from looking at Garcia, Riku would definitely notice if she did and would ask her about it.

"I'd be happy to help you with whatever you need in home room tomorrow..." Shizuka kept her words quiet and her head down. The other two girls attracting enough attention as it was.

Rin clasped her hands together, "really?! That would be perfect!" Shizuka could clearly see it wouldn't be so easy to please Riku.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just give us your notes now?" Riku's voice purred, her grin made Shizuka sick to her stomach. "That way we won't be interupting your date..."

Ah, black mail. Now Shizuka understood why Riku bothered to come over. She had 'leverage.'

Rin gasped, "Niwa-chan is on a date! I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" Shizuka ignored Rin's excited response because she knew Rin was just ignorant, she didn't know what was really going on, and if she did she was playing a better dumb than any actor on the big screen. Riku and Shizuka were not friends. They were friendly under the pretense of you stay out of my way, I stay out of yours. Riku was known for slacking off in class, cheating, and skipping, but people liked her all the same. She was popular, even with teachers, and she was on the student council with Ami. Shizuka however was not into her political games. She didn't buy into Riku's lies or sweet nothings and turned her in when she asked to cheat off of her on the first day of class. Riku had thought that she would just roll over, that she was a shy little bookworm who had moved up a grade and was looking for approval from the other girls in class. That was not the case. Shizuka grit her teeth together, she didn't need affirmation from people like her.

"Look here he comes now," Riku's words slithered with confidence like a snake who had finally gotten what they were after. Shizuka refused to look up. An inner debate raging. "He's a University student, ne? Pretty cute. We'll leave you alone, just let us take your notes and we'll be on our way..."

Riku's slender fingers and cute pink nails slipped underneath the strap of Shizuka's bag and the decision was made.

She slapped Riku's hand away and looked her right in the eye. Shizuka had the upper hand here and she knew it. "If you don't want to fail our final exam, as well as next week's test, I suggest you walk away." No hesitation. Shizuka was number one in the whole school, and anyone who wanted to pass went through her. Which she only minded when they pretended it was something else. She didn't like people pretending to be her friend for a better grade. She loved Ami and Miyaki for that reason. Ami hated studying with her and Miyaki was far to old to be tutored by a high school student.

Riku looked over at Garcia, Shizuki saw it, the way her eyes narrowed. Rin just looked terrified. Shizuka stood her ground, refusing to look at Garcia but blushing because she knew he was there, watching. Riku seemingly caved, "We'll see you in home room then, Niwa-chan~" She winked and grinned in a way that said 'another day' before finally dragging Rin away and leaving Shizuka to awkwardly await Garcia's reaction.

"Ta-da-da-da-ta-ta-" The catchy beat made the injured judoka hum unconsciously. As he made his way towards the seats, he glanced back at where Niwa-san was seating. He saw the two girls in front of him earlier make their way towards Niwa-san. "I knew it! Schoolmates!" He said to himself as he stops on his tracks. Making a 90 degree turn, he headed towards the condiments stand. "Can't eat this without the proper touches. No rush. I guess her classmates would keep her company." His fingers still tapping to the beat of the song, not realizing the impending doom of Niwa-san's night that is Riku and Rin.

On the condiments stand, he grabbed 5 napkins, 3 packs of ketchup and 3 packs of mustard. He also grabbed straws for their drink. He was about to turn when he suddenly froze. "Keep her company." He remembered his own statement. "Not keep her company, but keep us company!" In his mind, the romantic date that played out so well might be ruined. The traumatic thoughts then followed. The questions starting to eat him up. "What if Niwa-san is the type of girl that feels comfortable going out with a man only if she has her female friends around? Oh no!!!." He then took a glimpse of the situation. "It looks like they are chatting, laughing even. Maybe I was right. She wasn't like that at all with me."

He was mortified by the situation. He can already sense all his plans going down the drain. Dates, trips, all of them spent not only with Niwa-san but with other girls as well, effectively sapping their romantic moments together. The Enter Sandman ringtone of the man near him didn't help either. This is becoming a nightmare.

He turned around, ready to accept fate. He then heard the word "boyfriend" and looking at Niwa-sans smug face, he concluded that she doesn't like the word at all. "This can't be.. I'm ok being friends but please give me a chance Niwa-san.." He continued to study her from afar, she was not looking at him at all. "Maybe, maybe after this, she'll realize that dating is no fun because her friends would tease her.. Kami sama!!! noooooooo!!!!" He could imagine lightning striking his car outside followed by rolling thunder.

He stood there, watching the scene unfold. The two girls walking away, happy and bubbly and Niwa-san all mad and grumpy.

"I should pray more before I go to bed."

Niwa took her time to look up again, embarrassed and worried about what Garcia would say. Surely he saw it, he might have even heard what was said. He probably thought she was some kind of hooligan who hoarded the answers to tests and gave them out 'for the right price.' Just the thought made her face turn red. She looked up at him as he approached though, trying to be brave.

She failed. His face held a more than disappointed expression. She looked back down at her lap, clutching at her bag in the process. "Gomen..." she mumbled. "I don't know how much you saw, but..." She wanted to disappear. "But please ignore anything you might have heard..." She stood up, blushing and her hands were shaking. She couldn't look at him but she felt compelled to do something to make up for him having to witness such a thing. It was shameful to be on bad terms with your classmates, to be manipulated by them, and then to go so far as hitting one of them. She took the tray from his hands and laid it on the table before turning back to him. She officially hated Matsumi Riku.

"I, I mean.. will..." she stumbled over her words, and felt tears sting a little at her eyes. "I don't know why I can say whatever I like to other people but can hardly even finish a sentence when I talk to you." She swallowed nervously. "I really am sorry," she finally looked up at him. She knew her face was probably red and her eyes were probably glossed over... she didn't want him to see, but she had to ask properly. "Will you still eat with me, please? It wasn't what it looked like I promise!"

He was confused, really confused. He did mentioned one thing to her. "I'll eat with you." He paused before blurting out the next words. "I'll eat with you! Anytime, anywhere, as long as I'm not at school or training!" Catching a big breath, he walked behind her, pressed his hands on her shoulder and told her to sit. "Clearly, something is wrong here." He said to himself.

He sat in front of her, studying her. He then grabbed a napkin and reached out to Niwa-san, gently wiping her tears off. "Niwa-san? No way would I be mad at you are anything? Why did you say sorry? Actually, ummmm." He paused, trying to think of ways to sugarcoat his words. "I.. I actually thought that they were teasing you because of me.. I thought you were mad because of that.." Awkward as it may sound, he continued on. "I actually thought that after this, you may not even want to see me again."

Silence. He grabbed his burger, flashed a smile to her. "Let's talk later. Ok? Let's have fun!"

The mere fact that Niwa-san doesn't detest him as the only thing that he needs to know.

"Enjoy! We'll always go out and eat Niwa-san! Everyday, 7:00pm remember?"

Shizuka sat obediently, and watched him carefully. She was still a little teary eyed but honestly pleased that he said he would still eat with her. Even more pleased that he would be willing to do so again another time.

Garcia's hand then reached out and brushed away her tears, making her blushed even harder. She then sat in disbelief. "Wh-what? Why-" She stopped mid-sentence realizing that Riku, and Rin on the surface would have appeared friendly. After all Rin hugged her when she approached.

Shizuka didn't think her face could get any more red. She picked up her drink, holding it with both hands and sipping slowly. She didn't know what to say.

"Thank you.." she murmured softly before munching quietly on her chicken.

"Ahhhhh! That was good!" Ichigo said after the last bite of the big hamburger. He was happy. He didn't really thought about the incidents prior to their meal. It may sound kind of weird but without any explanation, Niwa-san has made him feel at ease. He's not even planning on asking her why, he totally forgot about. His mind was all Niwa-san and that's all that matters to him right now. They are together. No way he would make this night forgettable.

"Maybe we are indeed destined together?" He thought to himself as he watch her eat her chicken. This sent goosebumps all over him.

All in all, the date at MickeyDonald's was good. They ate, they chatted, learned stuff about each other. Niwa-san was mostly quiet but that was to expected anyway. She just had an emotional phase. He tried to cheer her up by telling her more stories about the constellations and Greek mythology. He figured to just continue with that topic, besides, if the two girls didn't showed up, him and Niwa-san would probably be talking about that anyway.

He folded his arms and propped them on the desk as he watches Niwa-san. He can do this forever, watching her, always.

His phone then suddenly rang. A surprised look got plastered on Ichigo's face.

Despite being a little distracted by Riku and Rin she enjoyed listening to Garcia's voice. He had a nice voice... it was happy and smooth, it made her feel warm and comfortable. She slowly became less nervous again as she finished up her meal.

She squirmed a little when she looked up at him, because he seemed to be looking so closely at her.

The sound of a phone ringing made Shizuka jump, and Garcia looked just as surprised. It continued to ring and she looked him quietly in the eyes.

"Garcia-san...?" she asked. "Your phone," she pointed out. She wondered why he wasn't answering it and then in occurred to her that he could have been trying to be polite. "Feel free to answer it, please. It could be important."

She smiled sweetly in encouragement.

It was a local number but a non-local voice emerged from the Ear piece. Ichigo was surprised, it's as if a ghost has appeared in front of him. He was happy though, just shaken.

"Wow, I can't believe it.. It's been awhile.." He is speaking in English. "I'm uhhh.." He was stuttering, looking at Niwa-san while conversing. "At eehhhhh.. On ahhhh date?" His lips were crooked as the words came out of him. He was in a face palm right now. The caller seems to have a violent reaction as Ichigo has to pull the phone away from his ear. He then shouted back at the caller. "NOOOO!! HELL NO!!!!" Realizing that he's in a public place and in front of Niwa-san, he covered the mouthpiece and he mouthed the word "sorry" to Niwa-san.

After a few more minutes on the phone, he finally finished the conversation. "Alright, alright! Go... Gomen.. No, that's Japanese for sorry. Just give me a few more time. Chill." His tone was more of begging than convincing. "Ok, ok, bye." He told to the person on the other line. AFter pocketing his phone, he faced Niwa-san with a big smile on his face.

"So Niwa-san, how was the chicken? Did you enjoy it?" He said to her as if nothing happened. "SOrry about the interruption." He then bowed his head, fidgeting, drumming his fingers on the table. "Do you want to go somewhere else after this? Maybe bring home some food for your grandma right?" He then tried to sugarcoat his words again. "I would love to spend the night with you." His eyes were looking at her, as if melting her. Then it kicked in. "Oh no! I mean, we still have time, you're grandma wouldn't be worried right? I mean.. Uhhh.." He has to think fast to salvage the situation. "I mean, I hope it's not too late for you. You still have school, I mean, we still have school and we have to do homeworks and uhhhh.." He was failing miserably. He's just a poor boy who wants to spend some time with the wonderful girl in front of him.

Shizuka was suddenly very thankful that she was top of her class and knew English. She felt bad for ease dropping but she tried to convince herself that it wasn't her fault if she simply understood what he was saying. She blushed a little when he said date but smiled all the same. She then blinked. Did that make everyday after this a date? More importantly people who go on dates are normally boy friend and girl friend... Did that make Garcia her boy friend? She wasn't sure. She'd never been on a date, much less been on multiple dates. She squirmed a little and glanced at Garcia who was yelling into the phone before mouthing an apology to her. She smiled and waved away the apology.

Boyfriend... she would have to ask Miyaki. She would also have to talk to Ami.... that thought was rushed away when Garcia began to talk to her again.

"It was good, I like chicken more than red meat. You don't have to worry about the call though." she smiled as best she could and felt her whole face flush when he said "spend the night with you." He was looking straight at her when he said it, like it was the most normal thing in the world and those blue eyes made her heart skip a beat. Was it normal to do THAT as well? She had agreed to a date, and many dates to come, was that part of the dates? She could be mistaken but he didn't look bothered by asking at all. Garcia quickly explained what he meant and she nearly sighed with relief. Ami had given her a manga once with THAT in it, and she was pretty sure she wasn't ready to do such things. She accidentally pictured Garcia as the hero of the story, his fingers gently brushing her sides while he murmured in her ear. She was fairly certain that her face couldn't get any more red and she stood suddenly.

"A-ac-actually there's a place I'd like to take you by my home." She was stuttering, "I-I think you would like it. It's an old shrine but they also have a dojo there that's been used for Judo for at least a 100+ years." She picked up the trash from the meal and threw it away before returning to the table to pick up her bag. She still felt flushed, "it's open to the public when they aren't holding classes and they have all these old scrolls and pictures up about Judo. It's right by my house so you wouldn't have to drive extra either. Would you like to go..?" She gave him her best smile as she asked.

"Sure! But ahhhh..." Again sugar-coating his words. "Is it ok if we stop by my house first?" His puppy dog eyes staring at her. "P-please? I know it's silly, I don't wanna ruin anything, I just.." He looked down, his facial expressions that of a frustrated kid losing in a video game. "You know, it's just sudden.."

Like earlier, a sudden transformation occurred. "But yes! We should go to that place! I would be very interesting indeed!" He said enthusiastically as he helps her with her bag. He is now standing beside her. He continued. "If it's over a hundred years old, then it's from the founder's time! Jigoro Kano himself! That's awesome!" His face turning gloomy again, this earlier, a transformation. "But please... Just a few minutes at my house?" He paused before continuing. "This date won't be ruined. I promise to you Niwa-san.." He reached down, holding her right hand in between his two hands. "Please, Niwa-san?" His last statement showing traces of worry.

Shizuka stumbled over a reply, "Y-yeah, that'd be fine."

His hands holding hers made her feel like her heart might stop, and his eyes were causing her to feel like she could drown in the middle of Mc. Donald's. "Is it something to do with the phone call?" she asked trying to distract herself from how hard her heart was pounding.

Cruising up the highway, Ichigo apologized to Niwa-san about the way he held her hand.

"I'm sorry. I just got carried away, you know, emotions.." In his mind "Your skin is so soft, I just can't let go."

"Yes, it was the phone call. I just need to give something and then we'll be on our way to that Dojo!!" He said to her, thrilling her, trying to again, divert the topic. "You'll probably like her too. I haven't seen her in a while. I don't even know if she'll recognize my face." He was smiling. He speaks as if he longed for this person for so long. He then remembered something "So... yeah, I guess, ummm I'll try to act fast so that we can proceed to our plans Niwa-san!!!" His "Hell No" moment haunting him now.

After a few minutes, they excited towards the local roads, leading to their town. As usual, the radio was barely audible. Ichigo kept it that way because he preferred to talk to Niwa-san than listen to it. He would boost the volume every now and then just if it's a song that he would like her to hear.

"Oh, this one is pretty old but I like it!" X-Japan's Endless Rain then poured out of the car speaker. They are now just 5km away from Ichigo's apartment.

She listened carefully to him talk about "her," and she felt something stir inside her that made her feel... jealous. She decided jealous was the right phrase. She wasn't jealous often, but she remembered the feeling. "How do you know her?" she asked passively.

Did she have a need to be jealous? I mean he did tell "her" that he was on a date... but he did yell no afterwards. Better yet, did she have a right to be jealous on a first date? She shrank into the seat a little, suddenly wishing she didn't speak English. She listened quietly to the songs he turned up and mentally logged the names of the bands he liked. During lunch tomorrow she'd have to ask Ami to go to the music store with her.

The ride to Ichigo's house was relatively quiet. Maybe Niwa-san was just tired? Who knows. He did feel something wrong in her. He kinda feels guilty about it. "Maybe it's because of the call?" He thought to himself. He knows that she would eventually understand. This is not easy for him but destiny wants it to happen. So be it.

Upon arriving, he gave Niwa-san a warm "Home sweet home." There she is. The mysterious caller, standing by the door way of Ichigo's apartment. "He nodded to Niwa-san that they should come out and meet this person. Ichigo was shocked and at the same time to see her again.

At 6'0" and wearing stilletos, she easily towers over Ichigo. She has a long wavy hair and her figure is that of a model. It's as if she's a Vogue photo who came to life. She's wearing a white blouse with a leather jacket. Her brown skirt is form-fitting and compliments her curves very well. Along with her is a hand bag and her luggage.

"A-aunt Josie!!!" Ichigo said as he sees her. He needs to call her attention since he's pretty sure she wouldn't recognize her. The eyes of Aunt Josie lit up as she sees her nephew, now all grown up. "Oh my gosh.. I-Ichigo? Is that you!?" She has a thick Spanish accent.

"Yes Auntie I am.." Before he could finish his words, she was already dashing towards him, hugging him, attempting to kiss him on the lips. "WAAIIITTTT I'M NOT A KID ANYMORE!!" The lady laughed. "So Ichigo-chan now feels ashamed of his Aunt? But I always kiss you back then!" He retaliated. "But that was 10 years ago!!! I'm not a kid anymore!!!" She laughed at his mortified expression. "Maybe it's because of this fine young lady here."

She extended her hand to Niwa-san whose been standing beside Ichigo since they arrived. "Josefina Garcia" She said in a suave voice and manner. "Marketing director of Ichigo Motorsports and Auntie of Ichigo Garcia. It's my pleasure to meet you." She was bending down to accommodate the height discrepancy.

After the formalities, Aunt Josie turned her attention back to Ichigo. "Yeah, give me the keys and I'll let you two love birds go on with your date." Her hands already in front of Ichigo, waiting for the house keys. He then whispered to him. "Soooo.. I noticed your wrinkled shirt." She said, noticing the kinks on his shirt caused by when Ichigo and Niwa-san played tag. "I'm so proud of you, my nephew is not a virgin anymore." Her fingers giving him the in-out gesture while smiling sheepishly.

"I SAID HELL NO AUNTIE!!! NOOOOO!!!"

She burst out laughing.

Shizuka was more then a little startled by the tall women before them and the way she and Garcia were fighting playfully. She was overwhelmingly bold, in appearance and in actions. Even her accent called attention to her. She felt a sigh of relief as she realized the woman was Garcia's aunt but almost squeaked when the women approached her. She was so tall. She introduced herself and Shizuka did her best to reply in English. She had always been told that her accent wasn't terribly noticeable but after hearing Garcia talk she wasn't so sure.

"Pleased to meet you as well, my name is Shizuka Niwa. I'm-um..." Niwa blushed a little. "I'm a senior at Kyota Private School." She felt silly saying that to someone who was a Marketing Director but didn't really know what else to say.

Shizuka watched the women lean in and whisper something before Garcia started yelling and his Aunt just started laughing.

She stood awkwardly watching the two of them unsure of what to do, but once his Aunt had stepped away from Garcia Shizuka tugged softly on his shirt.

"Um, Garcia-san? She's your aunt, and you said you haven't see her in a while. Are you sure it's ok for me to take you to the shrine?" She blushed a little and looked up at him, "I don't want to interrupt your family time. You did say everyday, right? So we could go to the Judo shrine tomorrow. I mean, if you wanted to spend more time with her...."

She didn't bother to mention that she felt guilty for being so jealous of an Aunt.

Back
Top Bottom