Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sins and Virtues

Osheaga

Supernova

• I'm sure we all have them. What sin are you a slave to, which virtue
              are you proud to be and why?
              • Lust > Chasity
                Gluttony > Temperance
                Greed > Charity
                Sloth > Diligence
                Wrath > Patience
                Envy > Kindness
                Pride > Humility[/list:u]

My sin would definitely be sloth. I'm extremely lazy, I procrastinate
                and I can be a bit too much of a slacker from time to time. My virtue is
                probably Temperance. I'm cognizant of others' feelings and my
                surroundings. I know how to take things into moderation and I also
                exercise prudence where its needed.

[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Temperance, Patience, and Kindness are my main virtues. Two of which I've been told repeatedly because half my friends don't know how I tolerate them xD But I'm most proud of my Patience. I have learned over the years if you can actually sit down and listen to someone that you'll understand them a lot better, especially if do so with a clear level head to hear them out. Even if you are angry - being patient enough to hear the other person's side of the story instead of jumping to conclusions...it's easier to keep in mind. Kindness and Patience usually go hand in hand for me so it's easier. Temperance is more of the fact I try to keep myself (and others) in check. I know a few friends that will go too far, but I also know from the hard way that learning in Moderation to what COULD happen...it makes you appreciate the things you have more and more.

Greed and Wrath are my Sins of choice. And it's not just the monetary thing either. I'm greedy for knowledge...and being right about things. Wrath kicks into high gear if it's a direct threat of who I am. It's my back drop for when my self-confidence gets kicked in the rear. Behind a big long leap of patience...Wrath is kinda the one I hide the most maybe because it is extremely violent. Greed - not so much. I like learning things at a rate that coincides with my desire to be my little hoarding self. I like stability so I can...collect. Books, trinkets...yes...I like shiny objects just as much as I horde books >>; I like my good luck kitties all sitting in a row.

The thing is, I am mostly the midpoint on all of those sins and virtues. I wouldn't say that it was a good balance, but I cannot say that for most of them that I am either a sinner or a saint. But for the few...

Lust: Fuck being a slave to one of the sins, I'm a god to this sin. But even now, as I control the flow and temper of the winds of lust, so too do I practice Chasity,for I have a sad lack of sex for the last few years.

Charity: As greedy as I may seem, I am a giver over everything else. If I am to receive anything, it practically has to be forced into my hands and duck taped there.

I won't even get into Pride and Wrath, though I'm learning to control them.

If chastity is a virtue (and I'm not sure it is), then I definitely fall closer to the lust side of the equation. So lust is one of m vices.
I am guilty of glutton in terms of going out shopping, but these days, I can usually afford my indulgences, so I'm going to say Temperance is one of my virtues.
I like to think I'm a charitable person, certainly in term of forgiving people and trying to help, I'll claim charity as a virtue.
Okay, I'm not sure I can claim diligence, but definitely not sloth. I'm an obsessive cleaner to the point of being a little annoying as in "Where did my coffee cup go?" *me giving a guilty look, knowing once again I washed and put it away before he was done with it*
I can be a wrathful psychotic bitch. I'll claim patience as a virtue only if none of you ever talk to people who know me.
I don't quite get the flow of envy/kindness. I feel envious over a lot of things I see, but it doesn't prevent me from being kind. I claim both envy as a vice and kindness as a virtue.
I have far too much pride, it's a definite vice of mine. But if you want to put a collar and leash on me, I'm willing to work on my humility with you (as long as you're cute).

Dream said:

• Lust > Chasity
                Gluttony > Temperance
                Greed > Charity
                Sloth > Diligence
                Wrath > Patience
                Envy > Kindness

• I'm indulgent. I have a very strong sense of pride, but it takes alot of tampering to break out my Wrath. When it happens more than twice, I don't believe in turning the other cheek.

Diligence is my main virtue. I'm not Sloth by any means. Nor Envy. I'm happy with my life to the point where I can achieve what I need by my own means, instead of wanting what everybody else has.

Though my real view on sins is open for debate. I have 9 Satanic Sins that I believe in which is completely opposite of Church interpretation. x.X

Definitely a slave to gluttony. I had a close call earlier in my life... and since then I usually can't hold myself back and overindulge in what I can, when I can, with little regard for the consequences of my actions.

Humility and Charity would be my virtues, if any. Pride is definitely something I rarely feel, much less show and let control me. I am very honest with my many, many, many limitations and when I do succeed on those rare moments, I take a minute to remind me of what still needs to be done rather than gloat upon my achievements.

Those that know me also know that I am happy to give whatever I have, when I have it. If I tell someone I can't do something they ask of me, it's because I literally cannot. I give people what I can, when I can, often going to far greater lengths to meet someone's request than I ever would have gone to service my own desires.

Alright so:
Sloth > Alright so....I'm a lazy bitch.

Pride > My pride often translates into asshole...and sometimes narcissistic bitch. I have so much that I honestly never admit when I'm wrong....and even when I do I make it so that I am still right in a way -- to myself anyhow...if no one else.

Lust
> Yeah well... sue me. It's one of the traits that come with this overly horny little kitten that thinks of nothing but sexy men and having sex with them...and hot girls. Boy, if it weren't for my current bf....I'd probably be out, fooling around with one of my sister's friends or something... getting felt up. I'm not happy about this trait, but in a certain way I am....but that just shows how much my pride really controls my life.

Charity & Kindness > I put them both in the same category as they both cause the same effect... me to be regretful later. I'm such a nice person that even though I know I might just regret being nice or charitable for a person because I know they need my help, I still do it regardless of my conscience.... God I can't tell you how much I am a slave to those two virtues...

Wrath > Well....I tend not to have too much patience any more as well...over the years it has definitely disintegrated to a point where well I just cut people off who piss me off in the first meeting of me not even meeting them. Just watching a person annoy me, even without said annoyance directed to me, makes me not even want shit to do with them. And children...well let's just say I don't think I should even adopt any at this point. Edit: It won't show though unless I'm extremely pissed because someone drove me that far out of my comfort zone that I had blow up... XD Usually my pride makes leaves me in denial that I didn't take things to far....and then my kindness would fuck up the good mood and make me feel like shit...and then I'd have to go patch things up... oh the agony of mixed emotions~

Dream said:

• Lust > Chasity
                Gluttony > Temperance
                Greed > Charity
                Sloth > Diligence
                Wrath > Patience
                Envy > Kindness

• this might sound weird to most, but my biggest sin of these is probably wrath. i'm good at hiding it and keeping it to myself (sometimes to a fault). but when i do finally blow up, it's bad. very bad. even if it takes a lot to get me there. next in line would probably be lust.

as for virtue... my biggest is probably patience. i've been told time and time again that i have a level of patience that they've never witnessed before. i have the ability to tolerate quite a lot before i blow. next in line would probably be diligence.

darkangel76 said:
Dream said:

• Lust > Chasity
                Gluttony > Temperance
                Greed > Charity
                Sloth > Diligence
                Wrath > Patience
                Envy > Kindness

• this might sound weird to most, but my biggest sin of these is probably wrath. i'm good at hiding it and keeping it to myself (sometimes to a fault). but when i do finally blow up, it's bad. very bad. even if it takes a lot to get me there. next in line would probably be lust.

as for virtue... my biggest is probably patience. i've been told time and time again that i have a level of patience that they've never witnessed before. i have the ability to tolerate quite a lot before i blow. next in line would probably be diligence.

• There is the Aries in DA! I knew you had it in you, you fiery woman.

Lust and pride are my strong points and I love them dearly. They define me, and I wouldn't change them for the world.

But virtues, well now, that's not nearly as much fun. But despite it all, my giving nature should be acknowledged.
Charity and kindness are my forte in the realm of goodness, as I love unconditionally and will give of myself more than anyone ever should.

These are the two sins I am most ashamed of;

Envy: I admit, I don't get envious that often. Most of the time when I do, it's more-so when I see people who are just rotten in nature get everything and more without work or appreciation for what they have.

Wrath: I have more patience than anything else, however, when pressed I can be very begrudging, spiteful, and petty if it reaches that point. Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.

These are the two virtues that I am proud of;

Kindness: Opposite of envious (and wrath when it comes down to it xD ), but I'll explain. While I can feel envious and spiteful towards some people, I forget those feelings if I feel like they need my help or support. That being said, I do not hold grudges nor am I spiteful for very long. Example, I am friends with all of my exes.

Humility: I've always been humble to the extreme.

My sins are:

Pride. I admit it. Sometimes, I'm downright arrogant. I'm an extremely confident person, typically overly so. I'm used to getting compliments on various things (usually writing and my music). I know I'm damned good at these things, which can translate into me being a raging narcissistic asshole. When someone contradicts me, or reminds me that I'm not that great, I tend to get a little huffy and decide, "Well, they just don't appreciate me. That's their problem."

Sloth. I'm lazy. I procrastinate on important things. If something is too difficult for me and just isn't very interesting, I give up quickly. I don't even try to make it interesting or spend time trying to understand it.

But, hey. At least I've got some virtues next.

Kindness. If someone needs help in some way, and I don't do anything to help them, I feel guilty about it for weeks. If I do something mean, I feel guilty. If I even THINK I've done something mean inadvertently, I stress over this and feel guilty. I'm the sort of guy who has a record of running into streets to save a kitten from being run over. I've saved small rodents and birds from my cats, simply because I can't stand seeing them dead. I'm a downright bleeding heart and at least one of my friends openly worries about me being manipulated due to this.

Patience I train cats. Yes, you heard that right. I've managed to train one of my pet cats to simple commands, like, 'Up up' when I want her to jump onto something. This should show exactly how patient I am. When my dog lost his ability to walk, I picked him up (keep in mind that, at the time, I was barely pushing 115 pounds; my dog was around 76 pounds at the time), and carried him out so he could do his business. I am willing to wait a very long time for people and do what I can to help them.

Let's see... according to this list, Chastity is a virtue. Well, I've got that too. I just wish I didn't, so it's not a virtue I'm proud of. I'm severely OCD. I don't like being touched. I don't like being hugged by people. You can see why this might be a problem sexually. It just makes me feel... eww. Gross and like I need to take a long shower. Thinking about sex is fine and dandy.

True Hatred

To be honest, there are times in my life when I think of the most evil and cruel things I would prefer done to an individual and actually have considered carrying out the tasks regardless of the consequences attached. It's not something like I hate that person and I want them to die it's more or less thoughts that wouldn't just hurt them but every one they love, scarring the people around that one person and tearing their lives to shreds. Something not bound by the death of that one hated person but truly destroying everyone he loves too just BECAUSE they loved them. I was told once that I didn't understand what hate means but I understand it so well that if I had no conscience I would honestly laugh as a person I hate departs this world and at the people who cry over that grave. Everyone has their own personal sin, but all things considered I believe this is the most wicked I harbor.

Lox said:
True Hatred

To be honest, there are times in my life when I think of the most evil and cruel things I would prefer done to an individual and actually have considered carrying out the tasks regardless of the consequences attached. It's not something like I hate that person and I want them to die it's more or less thoughts that wouldn't just hurt them but every one they love, scarring the people around that one person and tearing their lives to shreds. Something not bound by the death of that one hated person but truly destroying everyone he loves too just BECAUSE they loved them. I was told once that I didn't understand what hate means but I understand it so well that if I had no conscience I would honestly laugh as a person I hate departs this world and at the people who cry over that grave. Everyone has their own personal sin, but all things considered I believe this is the most wicked I harbor.

God...I TRIED to read this.
Can you say, run-on sentence???
Please, learn to write with a little style.

Anyway, my sin would be Greed. It is the ultimate sin. All other sins are just being greedy about something.
As for my virtue, it would be Temperance, and Patience.

Tathariel said:
Lox said:
True Hatred

Anyway, my sin would be Greed. It is the ultimate sin. All other sins are just being greedy about something.

Um, you suck cock! He is actually a VERY good writer. Writing run-ons doesn't make you bad, unless you're writing a college paper (which of course requires no creativity). Be NICE to others plz on this site. I absolutely HATE flamers! Kay? If you DON'T have anything nice to say, DON'T say ANYTHING at all.

[Raven] said:
Tathariel said:
Lox said:
True Hatred

Um, you suck cock! He is actually a VERY good writer. Writing run-ons doesn't make you bad, unless you're writing a college paper (which of course requires no creativity). Be NICE to others plz on this site. I absolutely HATE flamers! Kay? If you DON'T have anything nice to say, DON'T say ANYTHING at all.

*sighs*....Umm.. I don't know you and you don't know me soooo.....O-o....WHO THE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO?!?!?!?!!? WHY DON'T YOU GO FUCK OFF AND MASTURBATE ALL OVER YOUR COMPUTER OR SOMETHING.
WOULD YOU REALLY THINK I GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF YOU DON"T LIKE FLAMERS???......it seems like your the one sucking cock.

Don't get all butt-hurt because I made a comment. Do you make a point of telling everyone to be nice IRL???

Follow your own advice, "If you DON'T have anything nice to say, DON'T say ANYTHING at all".
Fucking hypocrite.

Anyway....I would say that now my sin is wrath, and honesty is my virtue. :-D

My sin is Lust. I'm always thinking about fucking my slave and reaching that climax through regular or sadistic means. Rather than seeing a random female as a person to get to know, I often see them as devices of fulfillment; a means to a climactic end.

I didn't see Honesty up there on the list, but it isn't just my virtue, it is my greatest conviction. I often tell people in question of my word that it is my life. A promise isn't just a promise to me. It is a geas, a pact that I will do all in my power to keep, and die before breaking, should it be worthy of my life.

Ha, well no, not EVERYBODY, just people who pick on those I like. And I wouldn't consider myself a complete hypocrite. I was being rude on behalf of my friend and defending him... you were just plain rude, for no reason. :mrgreen:

I think my sins are probably Lust and Gluttony. And my virtues are Patience, Kindness and Humility.

[Raven] said:
Ha, well no, not EVERYBODY, just people who pick on those I like. And I wouldn't consider myself a complete hypocrite. I was being rude on behalf of my friend and defending him... you were just plain rude, for no reason. :mrgreen:

I think my sins are probably Lust and Gluttony. And my virtues are Patience, Kindness and Humility.

Rude?

I think I was being rather civil....ya know, it is a role play site. Your the one who escalated it. Ya dumb bitch. :mrgreen:

I. You agree to obey the rules and laws of the United States while within these forums. This includes, but is not limited to, advocating illegal behavior, posting photographs or videos of bestiality, and making threats.

II. Do not post information about another member that reveals their real-life identity.

III. You must be eighteen or older to be a member of this site. If we find anyone who is younger than that, it will result in an immediate ban. Do not make accusations of being underaged without proof.

IV. No lolicon or shotacon, in art or role plays. All characters involved in sex must have entered puberty and be at least thirteen years of age or older, or whatever appropriate equivalent for your fantasy. Underaged sexual photos or other evidence of the exploitation of minors will be reported to the authorities. (THIS MEANS PMS TOO!)

V. No nude or overtly sexual photos unless you can reference a 2257 document off-site.

VI. Do not be an idiot. The staff reserves the right to ban morons at their own discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, harassment, forcing yourself on other roleplays, and an inability to string a coherent sentence together.

[Raven] said:

You think THAT was rude? HAH! That was sheer honesty, dove. Don't let your hair stand on edge.

Yes rude. If someone had done the same to you (And before you say I did, I didn't. I was calling you on your criticism, not your actual statement), what would you have called it? Also, I know the rules and I'm not dumb. There was hardly anything wrong with Lox's post. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so forward in saying so, but your post was wrong. It greatly upsets me when people are unnecessarily and unregretfully rude, so what you said struck a nerve. I see this kind of thing happen quite a bit on this site, but choose not to say anything, because typically I don't know the people who get flamed. This time I do know the person, and therefore chose to say someting because I know he actually is a good writer, not a douche bag on the site, and someone who didn't really deserve the insult.

May I make a simple suggestion?

PVP this, it will be great entertainment.

As for my sins, Pride and Sloth.

My virtue would be Patience.

[Raven] said:
Yes rude. If someone had done the same to you (And before you say I did, I didn't. I was calling you on your criticism, not your actual statement), what would you have called it? Also, I know the rules and I'm not dumb. There was hardly anything wrong with Lox's post. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so forward in saying so, but your post was wrong. It greatly upsets me when people are unnecessarily and unregretfully rude, so what you said struck a nerve. I see this kind of thing happen quite a bit on this site, but choose not to say anything, because typically I don't know the people who get flamed. This time I do know the person, and therefore chose to say someting because I know he actually is a good writer, not a douche bag on the site, and someone who didn't really deserve the insult.

It happens alot on this site and it's called 'tough love'. Other than that, this is a pretty tight knit community that doesn't take kindly to stupidity. 'It's too bad stupidity isn't painful', a wise man once said. And how true it is.

It was constructive critisism. Not insulting. If he is a good writer, he'd realize that the construction of that paragraph was poor and hard to read. Take it and try to make it better. When you learn something new say 'Thank You'.

It was far from flaming. I believe you're the one doing more of that Raven. The name calling and such. If you have the gall to call Tath out on his methods of tough love...definitely pvp it. :) See if people agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom