Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Man Behind the Mask and His Muse(Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress

Giselle ran off frustrated and angry. She went to the theater, ran up the stairs, slid the note under the door, and pounded on it. "YOU drove her away! You beast! cant you two make up!" Robert picked up the note and read it. Suddenly energized he burst through the door and out into the daylight for the first time in 4 years. He ran to her house, with no concern for what he must look like, and stood out side her door knocking. "I'm not leaving with out you. I don't care who sees me or what they think. I love you. then he shouted it so that it echoed up and down her street I LOVE YOU!!!!"

Aria heard the shouting and she went to the window only to see Geno was the one shouting, she raced to the door and opened it " are you crazy I have neighbors" she pulled him inside and closed the door. "Geno what are you doing here."

"I came here for you. I love you. Your all that matters to me. Why are you leaving?" he held up the peice of paper.

"because of just what you said, you love me, and Geno I have only met you a handful of times I don't love you, at least not yet, and because of you love me I feel like I am always making the wrong moves and you go into hidding afterwards. I can't live that way." her voice remained soft as if it pained her to talk

He didn't know what to do. his heart was compelling his actions. "Can you forgive me? he asked. Please don't leave. I will die, I'm sure of it."

Aria shook her head a moment. "I am sorry but I can not bare to live with the weight of your happiness I your shoulders when I barely still know you."

" how will I ever know you if every time I am not ready to take a step with you, you run and hid, and not eat an not sleep just to slowly kill yourself"

"I know".. he said..."But I'm not hiding now.. the whole neighborhood saw me and this hideous mask. Please don't leave. I did that for you. I was scared to death, but because I love you it didnt matter."

"I haven't a reason to now. Everyone has seen my disgrace. That was what I was hiding. You forced me out in the open. "

"but Geno I did not want to force you out of hidding the only thing I wanted is to go slow with you." she bit her lip a little.

"I'm sorry" he said, "i couldn't help it. But that is behind me now. I am out in the open. I don't regret it. please forgive me"

Geno kissed her gently and then smiling tore up her letter. The company is waiting to rehearse. Will you please come to work?

Aria kissed him back softly. "my I come back to rehearsal tomorrow, I started packing some of clothes to return to Poland so I have noth nice to wear to the threater."

"I suppose. The company will just have another day off though. Can't you come as you are? They will see me now, mask and all."

Aria looked down at herself. She was wearing a ragged pair of jeans and a old t-shirt she hardly felt pretty, or even nice enough to go out but she bit her lip and nodded. "yes I guess I can go like this."

good! he said as he took her hand and prepared himself mentally to be on the street. Before he had had his worry over losing her to mask his feelings of insecurity, but now he had to face them.

Aria saw his nervousness about going out there. "you don't have to go there yet. You don't have to face the world,we can wait until it is darkout."

"No... the cast is waiting... and I must face it sooner or later." Will you face it with me? will you help me?"

"of course I will, but don't do this for anyone else but yourself, the company can wait, the world can wait, you have to be ready."

Geno opened the door and shaded his eyes against the sunlight. He looked about and then grippingher hand took a tenative step, as if he were walking on thin ice. He loked around and seeing no one very near, he took another step and then another. he turned to look at her. Seeking reassurance in her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom