Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Man Behind the Mask and His Muse(Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress

She was half expecting the spotlight to shine on her as it did before, but it didn't instead she felt strong hand slip around her waist. She jump and slowly she spun around to face this man. She saw he was wearing a mask on half of his face. She listen to his words. "but sir, you don't even know me, only that I can sing."

"I have heard your soul" he said. "and now I have felt it." I haven't touched a soul in 5 years until you. I have dreamed of you voice every night, exactly as it is as I write. Until tonite my whole world was music and voices, but now my world is you."

Aria was taken back by his words and slowly slipped from his arms. "I am sorry sir, but I think you are projecting what you think you see in me, not who I really am."

Geno's heart sunk. He fell back into the shadows of the stage and ran up the stairs to the shelter of his booth. he locked the door and spoke to no one. The next day Giselle found her headset dead. There were no instructions from the booth. No guidance from the Master. The days passed with total silence. Giselle cam to Aria. "You have to go to him. Find oiut what is wrong, He may listen to you."

Aria looked down as he left her standing on the stage. She felt bad for what she said but she did not want him to just want to be with her for her voice. She returned home and felt bad. For a few days she returned to the theater but her nothing from the master. When Giselle approached her to talk to him she knew she had to. "where do I find him"

Giselle pointed to the back stairs on the stage. "They lead to a booth where he watches everything. Most likely he is there. I have never had the courage to go up there though. Good luck! I mean it!" she said squeezing Aria's arm. "We all need him you know".

Aria drew a deep breath and head up the back stag stairs take them one at her time trying to figure out what she was going to say to him. She seemed to the door to the booth very quickly even though it wasa ways up. She raised her hand slowly and knocked on the door.

Geno awoke from a fitfull sleep in his chair at the sound of her knocking. He hadn't eaten in three days, and felt sick. Wondering who could be knocking , he looked on the close circuit camera, and saw Aria. His heart lept in his chest. He quickly found his mask and fitted it to his face. "come in"... he said in a soft tone.

Aria heard him say come and she drew a deep breath she was almost hoping he would not have been there, because she did not know what to say to him. She opened the door and stood in the door way, "hi, um we were all starting to worry if you were owe have not heard from you in a few days"

"I'm not ok". he said weakly. "I'm heart sick. My dreams are shattered, and I don't care any more what happens here. My muse has turned me away, and I can't be creative any more. You were my only hope. "

"oh sir please don't say that, as I said you don't even know me, and I am afraid that once you truly know me I will not live up to you expectation of me"

"I know you better than you may think, and what I have said is true. I beg you, either give me a chance to prove it, or leave me alone to die, as I should have four years ago."

"I don't understand, what do mean you should have died." she wanted to come closer to comfort him, he was clearly upset but she stopped herself. But her voice remained soft as she stood there looking at him.

"How do you think I got this mask?" I was in a terrible accident. He turned to the computer at his desk and pulled up a picture of the wrecked boat and then a picture of himself before the wreck. "That was me before the wreck"

Aria hand came to cover her mouth as she looked at the artici she was not sure what to say he had been through something awful.

" I should have died that day, but by some curse, I was revived to live a life behind this hideous mask. My hope was that through my music I would find the one who could look past it and see what is inside me, and share the beauty with me. Then one day , out of nowhere there you were. I know your the one"

Aria listen to him speak and then bit her lip, "perhaps we could try to get to know each a bit better, and maybe in time I can prove that I am the person you think I am."

Geno felt suddenly hungry. "would you eat breakfast with me?" he asked. "I will have it delivered here. We can sit and talk while we wait."

That was a sudden change from how he was a moment ago, she couldn't help but smile. "but what about rehearsal, there is a whole cast downstairs waiting." she said sweetly

He got on the intercom. "Giselle this is the Master. give the cast the day off with pay, but tell them to be back and ready to reherse in the morning. Oh... I need breakfast for two up in my booth" he said. He motioned toward the couch. "please sit down my muse." he sat across from her in his chair and looked deeply in her eyes. Tell me about who you think you are, he said. Then I will tell you who I know you are." Thogh the mask covered part of his mouth a smile escaped at the edges.

Aria smiled a bit more as he sent everyone home for the day. At his invitation she took a seat on the couch straightening out her skirt as she did. Her hand then folded in her lap as she sat up right. She certainly a proper girl. "oh I am not sure, I don't normally talk about myself" she said softly

"i should like to hear if you please." Geno said. He sat attentively waiting for her to speak. "You said you were not who I think, so tell me who you are." He asked yet again for emphasis.

Aria bit her lip for a moment as her eyes darted to the side. "umm well, I spent my youth her in Italy and then when my father passed away I lived with my mothers family in Poland. I returned to Italy every summer to stay with my fathers family"

"And who was your father?" he asked almost rhetorically. "What did he do? he owned the old opera house theater, did he not? You see I do know who you are. You are my muse." he turned to his computer and brought up pictures of her family and finally her as a young child. This opera is your destiny"

Aria was a little shocked when he showed her the old news paper articial that was from the day her father opened the place she was just a toddler there. "yes you are correct my father owned the opera house, sang here, and died here."

Back
Top Bottom