Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

it is the 41st millenium, and there is only war...

syvenn

Meteorite
Anyone interested in a chat based 40k rp? Don't know what chat client, have a vague idea of what the plot/theme might be, and the group will most likely either be an inquisitor and his retinue, a group of inquisitors, or even a space marine deathwatch group or Grey Knights or just a regular space marine chapter or even a group of guardsmen (whatever the group wants/would like, I'm down. I'd even be willing to play as a group of orks, sounds like fun!) I'd prefer a group of inquisitors/space marines but yeah I'm flexible with the group. If you dont know 40k, I can give you a crash course, I have no problem doing this as I really enjoy the 40k universe.

Oh, and the theme isn't concrete. This isn't what we'd be doing forever. We can go one week space marines, one week orks, one week guardsmen... you get the idea. its more of an intro thing to see if people want to keep this going. I'll work on different missions and themes.

The one thing I do when regarding 40k is that information should when possible be accurate. I'm not saying you can't use that weapon or have that hat on because it would make the inquisition look silly, I'm saying things like no female space marines. There are VERY good reasons for this, its in the lore. It's got nothing to do with sexism. Games Workshop came up with that one. I can let you in on that if need be. But of course I don't know everything when it comes to 40k, so if I don't know something, then I'll probably just allow it...

On a side note, you can come along as a Battle Sister if you want.

The general theme: We're at the edge of segmentum tempestus. A tyranid hive fleet has and is flying through said sector. The planet Bakka, an imperial naval yard, is about to be attacked by a hive ship. And to top it all off, there are rumors of a chaos cult on the planet. The planet has requested aid of (above mention parties) and the group arrives within five days. Further briefings will be made once they reach the planets surface.

For narration, I'll go ahead and be the GM if everyone is comfortable with the idea. I would most likely play the NPC inquisitor, lord inquisitor, brother captain, etc etc and any other NPCs (probably will use a separate chat window for multiple NPCs.)

For combat, we can do one of two things: Wing it (each individual posts their combat,) or use the current table top rules merged with rogue trader/deathwatch rpg rules (i think they share the same rules...) the reason I do this is because I feel the current rogue trader rules are way too complicated for what it is, but at the same time agree with some of its rules, but the table tops combat is a bit easier seeing as how I know it quite well. I'll go into more detail once a group is found. Whichever sounds like more fun. The goal here is FUN! I don't care if you're grenade blows away 20 nids or fails to detonate. I can go into more details with that later.

Basically, I really don't know what I'm going to do, but if there is any interest you can bet I will have something figured out thats do able and should be crowd pleasing.

So? Who want's in the grimdark future of the 41st millenium?

I'd be down for whatever, I'm just kinda curious how you'd do this through whatever chat client, if you plan on having multiple windows for NPCs..seems kinda complicated, the only thing I can think of that'd suit this is Skype, since there's no real text limit.

I know some friends and I have started doing Dark Heresy over Roll20 and it works really well for it; but I'm not sure if that's what you want.

Hey guys, thanks for the interest.

Broomhandle45: Don't really know yet, I'll have something figured out. Skype could be an option, or we use a web browser based chat (like irc or something.) But I think I know a chat based client that uses a d6 option I just have to find that.

Darrow Huck: What would be possible for you then?

Nihilistic_Impact: Probably d6 if anything, maybe d20. don't know yet. I'll have to iron out the details.

Might be interested, would just need to know the rules of it since haven't played this in like forever. Of course there the fun of deciding what to play depending on the options.

Sanoci said:
Might be interested, would just need to know the rules of it since haven't played this in like forever. Of course there the fun of deciding what to play depending on the options.

It does seem like there is enough of an interest, so what I will spend today doing is figuring out a good chat client (whether we just go straight to skype or I try to find an alternative) and then pick a day to meet up and discuss it via PMs. I might go so far as to make a formal post in the group roleplay forum. once the group decides on everything from play style to rules (whether I introduce a mix of rogue trader/deathwatch or we just wing it) and schedules, then we can iron out the fun stuff: characters, weapons, etc etc. I like to get the boring but necessary stuff down first and then get into the fun stuff last.

syvenn said:
Darrow Huck: What would be possible for you then?

The forum thread kinds; the ones you said you didn't like.

I had actually been thinking about posting an open roleplay based on a bunch of nobles/other important types having hedonistic parties in the upper hive while a war was being fought on the planet to repel a bloody ork invasion.

hey guys, just a quick update, I found that skype has a nifty little program that actually lets us use dice rolls in the window itself. so I think we can use skype for this. I think I'll make a formal post once we iron out the details so those who are interested send me a PM of your skype info, and I'll add you, then we can setup a time for all of us to sit down and talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom