Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Under the Thumb of a Tyrant (Valanaer x Swagbeast)

Cain was not surprised how beautiful Ammon looked standing on the balcony, he was of course surprised that he let the thought pass through his mind once again, his attempts to ignore the physical attraction useless. He was not some smitten puppy or one of her loyal dogs so it was easy to refocus and hand her the drink instead of continuing to stare. The mood didn't seem normal despite his self-control, the silence around them was almost eerie, apparently the upcoming storm Ammon spoke of keeping the animals and insects quite, if there were ever any in the city to begin with. He instead listened to her nearly soft voice, her nature being more tame than usual. The idea of being on a ship during a storm in nature didn't sound like fun to begin with but going the route they were headed in that weather was even less appealing. He shrugged it off, it was not his decision and his resolve didn't waver easily, storm or not he would be on the ship and ready to set out when the time came.

He didn't have a chance to respond to her questioning, as she continued to talk, leading him to believe her first question was rhetorical. Her new topic of conversation was on the complete other scale and this time it seemed an answer was required of him. The surprise showed on his face but he gave some serious consideration to the question. It was true she was quite beautiful and something about her really attracted Cain, and not the fact that she laid with women, but there was something about her that bothered him. Perhaps it was her arrogance or the fact that she seemed spoiled but he knew others like that whom he didn't dislike nearly as much as her. It was just one of those things. The question was would he have bedded her for incentive and that was a bit tougher. She had of course given him the amazing animal and it didn't get much better than that but it entirely depended on what she offered because as much as he would love to say he would not have slept with her it wasn't impossible.

Cain took a rather large sip of the hippocras before turning to look at Ammon, a small arrogant smirk appearing on his face before he spoke, although when he did his true nature peaked its head a bit, confidence and some sarcasm oozing forth. "I doubt it, she is beautiful but I have no trouble attracting beautiful women and to be completely honest she sort of annoyed me for whatever reason. The way you said that makes me think if she had something substantial to offer you would hand me over like some sort of prize though..." He paused for a moment and looked at Ammon closely, "I am sure she would prefer to have you in all your splendor than me... I am a man after all and I am under the impression she prefers beautiful women to handsome men." It wasn't exactly flirting it was more like stating a fact but the personality lying beneath what he usually revealed was not as blunt or dry. Regardless he turned back to look out at the city, finishing off his drink and letting out a slight sigh, "I guess all in all I am just picky... I don't lay with a woman unless she is impossible to resist."

• "She's tried to ... lure me into her bed. For whatever reason that spoiled cunt was under the impression that I favoured women over men. Palan woman are nefarious for their sexual independence but ... we seldom find lovers outside of Pala. Our men are fearsome in size, rough hewn, ruggedly handsome and masculine beyond any measure. Once you've spread your legs for a Palan man, all else pales in comparison. But once you've bedded a Palan woman, however ..." Ammon took a long, hard swallow of her hippocras to add dramatic effect then slammed the empty cup on the the balustrade. The wind threatened to cast it from its haunt but, even in her drunken stupor, Ammon's serpentine reflexes stole the goblet from the wind's breath and gently placed it elsewhere. Suddenly, she felt her senses growing dull, so she pursued her decanter and began feeding her intoxication.

"So, you're a man with predator's pallet. Not unheard of ... and certainly understandable. You know, when this war is done and if I yet draw breath ... I want to return to Pala and perhaps take a husband." She swept her bangs from her view, downed another gulp and offered some to Cain. "Among all of this death and all of this turmoil ... we have no time to ourselves. And it's saddening ... but if all goes well, I promise this will end soon ... and you can pursue women that are 'impossible to resist'." She returned Cain's misplaced smirk with her own, gazing again at the horizon as the clouds began to sweep closer and closer to the city. She was reminded of her father for a moment - they great, looming packs of clouds with their eerie shadows and broad shoulders stretching and yawning and fanning out for miles.

"But, perhaps you shouldn't be so choosy given our current situation. Salaador has a very fine menu of whores. They're clean ... that is for certain." She chuckled and returned to the void behind the curtains; the room was warm and wreaked of the beeswax candles Salaador had festooned upon various obsidian sconces. "I feel that they would benefit you. If it's an issue of secrecy, you needn't worry." She pressed one long, elegant finger to her lips and smiled. "I'd never tell a soul."

As Ammon spoke Cain found himself irritated but for an entirely different reason than usual, it was how easily she seemed to dismiss him without ever saying anything straight out. No man would like to be told that he was inferior to another and being told all men pale in comparison to Palan men was just that. Cain narrowed his eyes at the statement, he was not the biggest man, his height was not that of a monsters and while he had a good deal of muscle it was lean and agile, nowhere near the size that some men carried. Even his looks, while being quite appealing, were not that of a rough man, his kept himself clean shaven and he had a look of youth about him that usually only made him mad, looking young never a good thing for a man who took his leadership role so seriously. So while he was handsome he was not rugged or like a Palan man at all. Not that it should have bothered him but it was, be it the alcohol or some other strange happening he found himself pissed that she didn't seem to have much of an interest.

In fact he began to smirk as she spoke of taking a husband trying to convince himself that the only reason she wanted a Palan man was because with her aggressiveness and abusive personality that it would take a giant to withstand her. "Finding such women is not an easy task, I am picky therefore I find most all women easy to resist. Perhaps it was my upbringing that caused me to be so choosy, growing up in an aristocratic environment made me become use to a certain level of quality that is rare but at the same time caused me to hate many things as well." He rarely brought his upbringing into any conversation as it was something he was usually indifferent about but it was true, one of the reasons he was so picky was due to what he grew up around. On one end of the spectrum he grew accustomed to quality, not only in women but in everything, as seen by his exquisite armor and sword. Then there was the other end, he had come to hate such a life of simplicity, laziness and greed sickening him.

He was sure it was no big deal, everyone changed due to how they grew up but he seemed to become particularly discriminating when it came to women. Besides when he did find a woman who drew his attention it was so much more exciting, perhaps a predator was exactly what he was, a patient predator but one nonetheless. He turned from the balcony, having stayed for a moment after Ammon retreated back into the room, accepting a bit more wine and following her back into the room as he threw his caution aside. "I have seen the women who work here, they are extremely beautiful and I have no doubt they are clean but they do not excite me..." Cain's eyes were drawn to Ammon, taking a long slow drink but never taking his eyes off of her, peering around the goblet as he created quite the dramatic pause. He swallowed after a minute, draining nearly half of the contents before finishing, "No, none of the women he has excite me at all..." His voice was noticeably changed, there was none of his usual vibe about him anymore, in fact Cain seemed to have become a near different person, his stance was relaxed and his eyes sharper, and his voice was full of innuendo as he stared at Ammon, it seemed he had drank just enough and found himself in the mood to let his outer shell fade away for the time being.

• "A vapid feeling, that ... being lulled by women; unaroused by them due to their insipidity. I feel similarly, and yet, I also feel that I should not be so intolerant to the notion of making love to a man that is not Palan. When one's body does not respond to stimulating, what are they do to?" By the position of the moon, Ammon was well aware that the hour grew late. The legion of clouds crept closer and closer to Yemen, dousing it in eerie shadows that swallowed the bazaars and alleys. She could smell the rain; its potency damn near sobered here, and she feared the last of her hippocras was sitting in the pit of her belly.

Through the nutmeggy haze she glimpsed Cain's eyes upon her, as if they were hungering, and the sudden change in his mien. "Yet, I am a lenient woman ... I have often prided myself in my ability to adapt." She, brazenly, let her fingers flit over the collar of his tunic where they spread and smoothed over its creases, eventually sinking to the buttons which she gradually began to unfasten. Ammon was well aware that Cain was not her property, but her audacious nature dictated that she disdain the existence of personal space. Her hands extended their stay and swathed over each pectorial; they glided over his ribs and sluiced down the valley of muscle cinching his abdomen. Through the material she felt just how much of a refined knight he truly was.

"Beauty is not olive skin, brands and bandy muscle. Those with fair skin are just as handsome, and their chest need not be the size of a keg. Yes, I see that now." She molested the hemline of his tunic and, lastly, her hands continued their invasion by entrenching the honed muscle underneath. She felt his hot skin and the detail of his abdomen; the path of hairs just below his belly button, then his ribs a second time. "You feel just as magnificent as any Palan man," Ammon confided. She smiled at him just as her fingertips brushed over his nipples. It would have been altogether arrogant to remove his top entirely, so she settled with leaving it on while she 'inspected' him. "... and I've reason to believe you make love like a Palan man just as well."

The world was moving into the late hours but Cain felt no need to conform to it and sleep as he usually would, no he was completely awake and sleep the farthest thing from his mind. It seemed Ammon was feeling the same as himself, she showed no signs of sleeping and instead began to respond to his gazing in a way he hadn't really expected. The woman was near him and her fingers began to unfasten the buttons on his tunic, each of giving her a better view of the honed muscles beneath. He stood still for a time, not feeling any real need to stop her from doing an inspection and allowing the woman to see what he was like underneath his armor, show her that while he may not look like it while he was wearing armor or clothing that he had plenty of muscle himself. She even acknowledged that fact and though he found it strange that she just realized a fair skinned male not the size of a some beast was just as handsome, he took some pride in it as well. It was as if he would be the first to appeal to her and the smirk appeared on his face at the thought, the man just looked at Ammon as she continued with her examination.

Ammon was the kind of woman that made Cain take notice, sure he still despised her on some level for leaving him for dead but with her natural charisma it was hard not to find himself more captivated than angry. It was almost as if the same things that irritated him also drew him to her and that combined with the exotic nature of Ammon's beauty had led to this point, to him abandoning his 'duties' and putting aside his usual facade long enough to quench the hunger growing inside of him. He let her finish her inspection, not thinking it wise to cut her off, as even if they both denied it on some level he was hers, perhaps not as a slave but fate and position dictated that his existence on some level belonged to her. Of course whether she believed the same was unknown and he was only willing to let her inspect him for so long, his lust only growing as she touched him and his patience for standing still quickly dissipating.

"I assure you, nobody has ever complained..." He smirked once again before reaching down and slowly pulling his shirt up over his head, tossing it to the side and revealing everything to Ammon. His hand reached out, no shakiness or hesitation, and pulled her a bit closer, his hands moving down and wrapping loosely around her waist as he peered down into her eyes. "I find myself wanting to prove to you just what a non-Palan man can do." His voice was almost a whisper and the look on his face was almost one of teasing but as much as he tried to make it seem like he had control of his lust it was difficult to do for Ammon's beautiful figure was only hidden underneath a bandeau and a pair of cotton breeches. He didn't dare start to remove them though, instead he let his hands feel up her back a ways before falling back into position, the smooth skin hiding a some lean toned muscle which sacrificed none of her feminine grace while adding a feeling of strength that Cain had known was there but never truly confirmed before and it only made her more attractive, a strong woman such as her with beauty and obvious intelligence. It would have maddened most men to be so close but Cain had enough self-control to resist and he continued to look at her from the position he had pulled her into, his voice once again prodding her almost teasingly, "The question is do you want to find out just how great other men can be or continue fooling yourself into believing that Palan men are the only men whom can satisfy you?" As he said the last bit her brushed his fingers lightly upon her back, moving up to her bandeau but still not removing it, waiting for Ammon's response, waiting for her permission.

• It was a queer thing, to see the once obsequious Cain become enslaved by carnal desires. Through his half-lidded gaze Ammon could sense his lust - through the haze of beeswax candles and burned cloves and hippocras it weighed heaviest. Even she, a woman of a very reserved nature, found herself enraptured by her commanding officer when he gently disdained his tunic. He was lean and well muscled, far from the Palan standard of a lover's physique, but Ammon was evidentially satisfied. Even his touch had a gentle feel to it, and his breath was like a warm kiss upon her neck.

"It interests me to see such a ... hale side to my lieutenant-general," she purred, marvelling at his physique and the heat pouring from his core, "and I certainly aim to discover 'other men', as you put so unequivocally, but I am a slave to obligation. As are you, labi." The last time Ammon recalled calling someone labi was when she was reading to a commune of children in Pala. Labi was a term of endearment to Palans; their equivalent to the pet name 'dear', but used twice as less. It tasted like a pomegranate on her tongue - initially bitter but sweeter with each bite. "Such a taboo thing, this," she nearly frowned, "I fear your officers will discover our tryst, and yet, I cannot help but be tempted." Her fingers, each nimble, gently crept up the small of her back and unfastened her bandeau until the linen fell like a ribbon as black as coal.

Her breasts sprung free, but she was quick to hide them by pressing them into Cain's chest. She could feel his heartbeat quicken and its thrum through his ribs, finding an outlet within her breasts. Unlike the rest of her they weren't tattooed or branded, but they were buxom. Before the dying candles around them could flicker, Ammon had guided Cain against a wall and began, hastily, unfastening his breeches. "I'm sure you've seen my hands do many heinous things," she whispered to him, "But let me reassure you, Cain, they can do more good than harm."

It was a perfect storm of mood, intoxication, and opportunity and Cain was incapable of denying what was right in front of him, who was right in front of him. Any man would be unable to control himself in such a situation and he was no exception. Luckily Ammon seemed to be somewhat enamored with his lean muscular form despite her taste for Palan men. Ammon was not the only one with charisma though, underneath his serious and almost overly strict nature he oozed charisma and it was now unleashed. So to him it was too late, he had already torn off his mask and let Ammon have a glimpse of what was underneath, and he wasn't planning on backing down even if they both had obligations beyond their own carnal pleasure.

She did raise some valid concerns that appealed to his usual self but he was too determined to feed his desires and when she unfastened her bandeau any part of him still hesitant disappeared. Instead a smirk rose on his face, "I wouldn't worry about that, it may be taboo but at the same time it has to be fate, it brought me back to you and it brought both of us to this point. Besides, I don't really care if my men somehow discover this tryst, I can easily put any waves it creates to rest..." Cain was confident in his ability to handle his men, he was not just some useless general appointed due to lineage or as a figurehead. Cain had a long career of being a force to be reckoned with and any of his men who cared about things in his personal life would quickly find that out, even if it meant showing them how fierce he could be.

As Ammon's plump bust pressed against his chest his heartbeat increased in pace and he was caught off guard, looking down at the beautiful woman. As she moved him to the wall he couldn't help but feel excited, there was a definite reason he couldn't keep his eyes off of her, it was because she was strong and not like the usual annoying women, she excited every part of him. A shiver ran through him when she whispered, his hands giving her room to unfasten his breeches, not only eager to see the good they could do but ready to show her a part of him that wouldn't be outdone by any man, Palan or not. "Then by all means show me the good they can do..." He leaned in a bit to whisper in her ear as she continued with his pants, "Then I can show you just how bad I can be under the right circumstances."

Cain wasn't about to just stand there though, his hand found its way downwards, running along her phenomenal curves and down to her breeches. The hands just enjoyed themselves for a time feeling the magnificent backside before slipping around front and beginning to unfasten her breeches as well, not in a rush and not trying to get them off but making sure when it was time he could quickly reveal the rest of the amazing body beneath. With her breeches hanging loosely he moved a hand up to her face, taking her chin and gently tilting her head up, "I would be lying if I told you I hadn't thought about this before. Just know I may have to let out a bit of frustration on you in combination with releasing my lust." Another smirk touched his lips as he went in and kissed the woman passionately, pulling back afterwards with a rather mischievous look on his face. Cain planned on getting back at her for throwing him down in the caverns, nowhere near what she did to him but if he could make her lose a bit of composure it would be just as satisfying, if not a bit more than anything else he could do.

• It thoroughly pleased Ammon to hear Cain speak of fate. Perhaps her days upon days of relentless preaching had finally made some semblance of sense. But it was here sense that was steadily fleeting as her temperature rose to carnal highs. Her heart was racing, her skin was hot like sands left to cook in the sun and her desire took command of her logic. She let him unfasten her breeches, gazing downward as the billowy material rode down around her hips; the belt sang like a wind chime and her belly felt hot.

Already her fingers were at the hemline of Cain's trousers, anxiously awaiting the prize below, but it was Cain's kiss that had proven to be the real treasure. His mouth was as hot as his flesh and tasted of cinnamon from the hipporcas. She was so enthralled with his confession and sudden display of confidence that she didn't heart Salaador knock at their door thrice, nor was she cognizant of his entrance until he called for her.

"Ammon."

Ammon was preoccupied with Cain's breeches, gently tracing the silouette of his manhood through the material until Salaador beckoned for her again. His serious tone and lack of baudy jests suggested something insidious, so Ammon turned and faced him, bare chest and half naked. Salaador didn't flinch nor did his eyes flit to her breasts, instead her studied her with a queer stony gaze. "A messenger has come," he informed, "I think it is best you hear what it is he has to say. Alone." Salaador briefly inspected Cain then vanished behind a waterfall of ornate silks. Ammon grimaced, gently re-fastening her belt after she hiked her trousers up around her waistline. Her bandeau was next to be reapplied. "Apologies," Ammon whispered, evidentially dishevelled, "But obligation has yet again beckoned for me."

It was reaching its peak, Ammon's hands were at his trousers just as he was at hers and the kiss had been quite something, they were about to progress. That was until Salaador interrupted them, although neither of them noticed immediately as they were both immersed in each other. When they finally looked at him it wasn't funny and there was no room to get mad, his mood was too serious and unlike the usual Salaador, it demanded attention. So while Cain was a bit upset that it was stopped and while Ammon looked to be disappointed he understood completely, as being found out was one thing and it was entirely different if their actions ignored something truly important. So when she apologized Cain shook his head, "No, do not worry, go do what is needed of you... I shall see you tomorrow... Everything as normal." He didn't say it directly but fate was a funny thing, she had mentioned it and fate had brought them together like that but it had also stopped them, perhaps that too was a sign. If not he would embrace it but he had a feeling it would be difficult to find another chance.

The male just stood there as Ammon dressed again, peering at her body as she did the opposite of what he wanted her to do. He said nothing of the sort though and only refastened his pants, leaving his shirt off as it felt rather nice with the draft from outside. Of course he couldn't deny that part of his was a bit angry and wanted her to come back to him sleeping half naked and revealing all of his muscle for her. So he wandered back over to the bed and looked back at her one more time before laying down on the bed and slipping under the covers, immediately laying his head on a pillow, the night only getting worse the longer he stayed up. It was unfortunate honestly, her immaculate form had been so close to his grasps and yet fate intervened, it meant a bad nights sleep for him, his only chance or getting any sleep was to be out by the time she got back or he would never get to sleep.

-----

It was time for them to depart, two more days had been spent in the lively city and nothing else had happened between him and Ammon much to Cain's disappointment. It had seemed to just go back under the surface and neither of them spoke of it again, not that Cain had stopped looking at her and in a new way but he hadn't attempted it again, it just didn't seem right. That didn't matter though, as he rose from the bed on their last day in the city he thought about it once again, thinking about the missed opportunity for a second before going over to the table nearest the bed and throwing on his shirt. It was a strange feeling to look at Ammon with that night still fresh in his head and most of all it was odd trying to ignore that and act like the loyal general again, to suppress his true personality in favor of his stiff obedient self. It wasn't impossible but it wasn't easy either. Unfortunately they both had responsibilities and there was no longer any time to sit around, he would just have to put on his armor and be ready for Ammon's orders, go another day as if nothing happened.

• As Ammon predicted, eerie clouds choked the skies for two days, laden with rain. Even the local traders met with difficulty when trying to distinguish the sun through the clouds. Some avoided their haunts entirely while others warily set up kiosks, stalls and wayns while constantly observing the sky. Ammon did the same, though she appeared much less daunted by impending rain. "You'd be a marvellous captain, lass," Deacon Frost japed. He was as tall as any man from the Thine and equally as bawdy, but Ammon was evidentially unamused by his mocking nature. "I know of a woman that is a captain, 'aye ... the pretties thing I ever laid eyes. She has eyes like emeralds and a main bleached by the sun..."

As he rambled on, Salaador waltzed by. He was dressed in less glitz today but the queer colours on his garb were accented by his scalloped sleeves and the delicate gold inlay on his wine-red wobe. "Ammon, perhaps you should wait until this storm passes," he suggested, "Yemense waters are treacherous enough during storms, but to brave the Maelstrom? Madder men have tried."

"And women just as lovely have succeeded," Frost put in, "The captain of Lady's Finger, fair Marcella the Peach, rides the Maelstrom's waves like she rides her first mate." Frost seemed to be the only one amused by his jape. "Whether there be rain or shine or hail or snow, she steers her crew passed it, 'aye. Some say there's a seawitch who dwells within the eye of the Maelstrom and fair Marcella is her lover, while others claim Marcella is the seawitch herself having taken the form of a Thine woman. Maybe if the gods deem you fortunate, Ammon, you'll happen by her vessel. Fair Marcella the Peach is fair of face, not of mien, but I'm sure if you ask kindly she'll share the secrets of the Maelstrom."

"All children's tales and stories told by sailors in their cups," Salaador grumbled as he folded his arms into his sleeves, "'Aye, that may be." Frost clasped Salaador on the back, causing the thin man to stumble forward, "But circling 'round the Maelstrom will take some seven, eight days. The lass says she needs to dock in the Barrens within three days time. If anything, a storm will feed the currents and quicken our voyage."

When all was said and done, and the last of the supplies boarded on Frost's galley, Salaador took Ammon aside one last time. He knew Cain was nearby, but he would harp on her for her tryst on a later date. "I have always trusted you, my dear," Salaador began, "But this Deacon Frost fellow ... he disguised himself as a member of the Coterie, bid his men kill you and now you're boarding his ship? You'll be alone, miles out in the middle of the sea ... I cannot help you once you set foot on that ship." Ammon gave Salaador a reassuring smile. "Deacon Frost is no more harmless then a blackfly, old friend. He's near horrified of Cain and smitten with me; I have reason to believe our voyage will be a safe one."

"But the Maelstrom!" Salaador yelped, "Few ships make it through those waters! Do you know what dwells there?"

"Well enough," Ammon replied plainly.

"Then Fates bid you a safe journey, Que'coti Qaaz Ammon, for the waves are mouths hungering for death and I fear you sail for the maw of madness."

Cain really didn't mind Deacon Frost, he wasn't funny or anything of the sort it was just a general tolerance for people who acted as they were. It was a tad hypocritical or course, Cain himself rarely showed his true form but he could respect those who did even if they were not exactly the most likable person, at least they showed what you would be getting. In this case he had some useful skill as well so it was a help but that wasn't everything. So while nobody else seemed to enjoy his company Cain was satisfied with having him around, and while still being on guard he relaxed a bit. Deacon didn't seem to feel the same about him unfortunately, the pirate flinched whenever Cain moved suddenly and when they talked the usually jovial man became slightly stiff and would move away from Ammon after a mere look from Cain. He just had to accept it though, he hadn't exactly been so friendly on their first meeting, putting his men down and showing him what would happen if he tried to double cross them, effective for the mission but not exactly the best way to make friends.

The mission was the most important thing above all else and that meant they had to use the Captain and his abilities to make it through the Maelstrom without dying. It was about time to set off when Salaador began to groan and complain about the journey, understandable but what he didn't seem to grasp was that it was a necessary risk and even though Cain was as worried he didn't show it, he had accepted it already. The queer fellow confronted Ammon as they got ready to go, wishing Ammon a safe journey but trying to stop her with words of warning. It did not work though because Ammon was a stubborn women and more than anything she was willing to risk herself for the task at hand, an admirable quality.

Cain had been watching them from a bit off, his eyes on Ammon most of the time but every once in awhile his eyes wandered, trying not to make his awkward staring too obvious. For a moment he even turned to his men to prepare them, checking gear and making sure they all had some extra rations in case things went bad and seeing to everything else they needed himself, preparing for any situation they could encounter on the voyage, his planning abilities quite superb. It wasn't until Salaador had completely finished his conversation with Ammon that he changed his attention to the brothel owner, walking over to him and shaking his hand. "Thank you for the hospitality. Now I know my men didn't pay and took advantage of your generosity so I would like you to have this..." The male reached into his bag and pulled out the deed for the amazing beast gifted to him by Nefertiri, "I believe that should more than compensate and I believe leaving it in your care will give it a better life than if I were to take him on this journey. He is in your stable, take care of him." With that Cain nodded, getting a rather odd look from Salaador but soon enough the man nodded and slipped the deed into a pocket before walking away, apparently not having much to say to the general.

With that taken care of Cain turned about and went over to Ammon, wanting to make sure and say something before they went and departed. "This is going to be quite a ride Ammon, I hope you made sure to bring plenty of the precious Hippocras you love so much, you may need it to endure the voyage on such rough waters." It was a bit of a joke but at the same time Cain had made sure to pack up a bit of strong whiskey and dried meat to calm his stomach on the seas if needed, not sure how it would be in a Maelstrom. He just knew the stories made it sound quite horrid.

Back
Top Bottom