Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Happens at Winter Peaks (Skeith x Ava)

Skeith Takahata II

Lesbian Anarchist
Winter Peaks, a church sponsored boarding school to help educate proper young women, was a school located on the outskirts of town, elevated into the mountain to some degree, hence it's name. Though the school was filled with well-mannered young women dedicated to living fine, conservative lives, for some it was a last chance to turn their lives around. Kids who had behaved so poorly that the only option left to them was either corrective schooling or time in a youth detention facility. Though in this eyes of one girl, both options looked exactly the same.

Leaning back against the wall, Reina Chipple watched in blatant disapproval as her mother signed any and all documents necessary to enroll her. An irritated sigh escaped her lips, as a toothpick danced between corners of her mouth. Rather than chewing it, she was sucking on it gently, hoping that the action would help stem off the cravings she was suffering. A messenger bag was slung over her shoulder, and a suitcase lay at her feet. Her raven hair was pulled back into an unruly pony tail. Her eyes were well concealed behind a pair of sunglasses. She wore a pair of tight dark blue jeans and a heavy leather jacket, beneath which was a Black Sabbath t-shirt.

Once finished, her mother walked past her irritably, giving Reina just enough time to whisper; "Go to hell..." In her ear before collecting her bags and looking across the counter at where the headmistress was standing. She removed the toothpick from her lips and held it between her fingers as if it were a cigarette. "Is that it? Can I go now?" She seemed extremely upset and she clearly had no problem taking it out on other people. She took her class schedule and room assignment from the desk, before giving a mock salute.

Exiting the office, she pulled her headphones from her neck and returned them to her ears, allowing the loud and heavy music to drown out the world around her. Before long she was dragging her luggage down the hall towards her room. The bag was much heavier than it looked. When her eyes fell on her room door she gave a small sigh before knocking loudly.

Alison leant her head back against the wall, eyes drifting closed as she listened to the various sounds of activity within the wing that housed the bedrooms; movement and chatter from the floor below, the occassional sound of footsteps moving back and forth in the corridor outside, the soft melodic sound of a bird somewhere outside her window. It was peaceful here, for the most part, at least within the sanctuary of her bedroom. She could breathe here.

Unlike a number of her schoolmates, this young woman wanted to be here - relishing her studies and finding comfort in the routine of things. Winter Peaks was home for Alison and she was grateful for the charity of the Church for running such a place. There was nothing waiting for her outside of these walls, at least not yet, not until she was finished with her classes here and had equipped herself with the skills she needed to survive in the bigger, badder world.

A sharp knock upon the door brings the young woman back to reality, pale blue eyes shifting to rest anxiously upon the door before she scurries from her bed. Slim fingers tuck a sketch book and pencil beneath her bed before she straightens and hurries to the door, smoothing out the plain navy pleated skirt of her uniform. She pauses, hand resting upon the doorhandle as she casts a final glance about the room - spotless, tidied in preparation for her room mates arrival!

With a deep breath, she tugs the door open and offers the new girl a shy smile. The two could hardly be more different. Where Reina's raven hair was wild and unkempt, Alison's warm honey-brown strands were brushed into a neat, high ponytail. Where jeans and leather jacket hugged the rebelious teen's figure, the crisp white blouse, navy skirt and pantyhose of the schools uniform sat neatly upon the schoolgirl's slender frame.

"Hello, you must be Reina. I'm Alison, I think we will be sharing a room together." The greeting was timid indeed, followed by another shy smile as she steps back to allow her new schoolmate to enter, gesturing toward the unoccupied bed sitting against the far wall, already made up with fresh linen.

Propping her back against the wall, the brown haired girl lapses into silence and simply watches the rather darkly dressed teen as she takes in her surroundings.

Most of Reina's ill-givings about this year faded when the door opened and the gorgeous young brunette opened the door. The blouse and skirt made the already adorable woman a complete package. Reina returned the girl's smile with one of her own as she entered the room. "The pleasure's all mine." She returned quietly. She lowered the heavy suitcase to the ground beside her bed with a small groan.

"Man, that thing is heavy..." She muttered, stretching the arm above her head. She sat down on her bed, allowing her leather jacket to slide away from her arms. She looked around the room, taking in her surroundings. She was both dreading and excited about the school year. She hated the idea of being surrounded by religion and having no real outlet, but she was excited by the concept of not seeing her mother for an entire year, and to top it all off... There was Alison, the unexpected wild card.

She flattened out the tight Black Sabbath shirt before flicking her toothpick into a waste basket. "So Alison, what do you girls do for fun around here?" She asked as she removed her sunglasses, her bright, emerald green eyes returning to her room-mate.

The young woman felt a little warmth rush to her cheeks at the kind return of her greeting. Truthfully, she had not expected Reina to be as friendly as was currently being, having received a few words of warning from the headmistress. All concerns seemed unfounded however as, despite the rather dark and interesting clothing, her new room-mate seemed absolutely fine.

Easing herself away from the wall, Alison gestures to the chest of drawers in the corner. "You can have the top two draws, I moved my things into the bottom ones. If you need more space, just let me know. Hmm?" The question had caught her somewhat off guard, but the shy smile soon returns to her lips as her hand smoothes out her skirt again, a nervous habit perhaps.

"Well, there is the library if you like to read. And the school has some lovely gardens, some of the students help keep it nice. We have a computer room and a living room with a television." Alison neglected to mention that computer usage was monitored and they were only allowed to access certain websites and watch particular channels. Such things Reina would find out in her own time.

"Maybe you would like a tour?" The brunette suggests hopefully, glancing toward the still open door before continuing, "Or would you like to unpack first?"

Reina could only smile as she watched Alison's body language. Her shy behavior made her very endearing. Since Alison had made no effort to control or command Reina, she had no reason to treat her with disrespect, especially since she'd be living with her for the foreseeable future. She rose to her feet, stretching a little as she hoisted her suitcase onto the mattress.

She paused when she heard Alison offer to take her on a tour of the complex. Her eyes following her room-mate's back to the open door. "A tour sounds awesome." She responded, flashing her a bright grin. She pulled her head phones from her neck, and her mp3 player from her pocket, setting both on top of the suitcase.

Alison's smile brightened at this, nodding enthusiastically as she steps out into the corridor and waits for her room-mate to follow. They did not linger long in the current wing, the brunette informing her new found friend that all there was down there were more bedrooms near enough identical to their own and of course the showers and toilets and so forth.

Instead she lead Reina downstairs, to show her the more communal areas of the residential building. A large living room seemed particularly popular, with a number of small groups gathered around an old coffee table playing card games, or lounging upon the variety of worn yet comfortable couches. A couple caught sight of the two lingering within the doorway, calling out greetings toward Alison and enquiring after the new-comer.

With shy smiles and soft words, the brunette introduced Reina to a number of their class-mates. For the most part the welcome was warm, though a few eyed her over with distrust or unease. Alison paid little attention to the more negative reactions, ushering them off to explore more of the school.

There was a computer room, as she had explained earlier, including several lines of desks with rather old looking computers. A few were occupied, but the room was rather quiet. Next was the dining room, which was very much like a traditional canteen. Long tables, stools tucked beneath.

Then there was the classrooms and the large hall where morning and evening prayers took place. The small, but rather beautiful chapel, decorated in intricate stone carvings and gleaming stained glass windows. only used for special occasions or the Sunday message. Finally, at the very end of their tour, Alison led Reina through the well-tended gardens.

It was clear by the way the brunette relaxed, the way she drew regular deep lungfuls of fresh air, that this was probably her most favourite of all the places she had shown her new room-mate thus far. Bright, cheerful flowers filled the flower beds, ancient trees stretched up tall above them, their leaves providing a canopy in which to shelter beneath should you be caught in the rain. There was even a small maze at the far end of the garden, tall hedges kept neatly trimmed and a variety of little tranquil corners.

Alison finally settled upon a bench beneath two rather old spruce trees, tucking her skirt neatly beneath her, another soft smile directed toward Reina. "I hope you'll be happy here, it can take some getting used to."

Reina very much enjoyed the tour that she was brought on. Keeping a mental note of locations where Alison seemed the most pleasant. To those who expressed negative expressions towards her appearance and blatant disregard for order, she took great delight and flipping them the bird when Alison wasn't looking, sticking her tongue out as an added insult.

Though she tried to keep the tour lively with banter and conversation, she grew quiet around the chapel. The presence of religious leaders made her uncomfortable, and frequently irritable, though she tried to keep that cloaked behind a forced smile. She got the feeling that Alison was a believer, and didn't want to start of on the wrong foot by offending her new room-mate.

The garden was certainly breath-taking. Reina could definitely find some solace in the quiet surroundings and the cool shade. She followed Alison to the bench, taking a seat beside her. "I'll say, I didn't quite expect it to be so... Churchy..." She answered, following quickly. "Not that I mean any offense, because I definitely don't." She turned her gaze back to the flowers, realizing that she had certainly spoken without forethought.

The gentle young woman did not seem the least bit offended, that gentle smile appearing once again as she tucked a leg beneath her, smoothing out her skirt yet again. "Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of people who don't take to the way the school works, at least at first." A gentle sigh passed from her lips, tilting her head back to gaze up at the maze of tree limbs above them. "I hope you settle in, I haven't had a room-mate for a while now...." Alison wasn't entirely sure why she had shared that information, a little colour appearing upon her cheeks as she hurriedly lowers her gaze to her hands settling in her lap.

Truth be told, the brunette was rather lonely. While her fellow school-mates seemed to like her, there were none she would count as a close friend. Not that she was about to share that particular piece of information. Instead Alison adjusted her position and finally turned back to Reina, drawing in a deep breath before speaking, "So, tell me about yourself Reina....ah, that is if you want to?"

Reina could detect the loneliness in Alison's voice when she referred to not having had a room-mate in a while. Somewhere deep down, she understood it. As though there was something about Alison, that she might not even realize, that made her feel apart from the other girls. A feeling that Reina knew all too well.

"About me? Not much to tell really." She answered with a shrug. "I'm a trouble maker and a thrill seeker. I'm sure you got some kind of warning about the kind of girl I am and the trouble I used to get up to. I've made some mistakes, some very recently. Though you'll never see me regret them." She gave another shrug, as she looked about the garden. "There's just not a lot of room for fun in a conservative world for a wild child like me. So, I raise a little ruckus from time to time. Not everyone appreciates it." She gave a quiet laugh before turning her attention back to the ground.

"I'm an orphan, originally. I've been bounced around the foster care system for a while. My current "mother" formally adopted me, god knows why, and then she shipped me off here." She shook her head as she looked out into the Garden. "It's a hard world to be a little different in."

"Oh." Alison's gaze trails away, lowering to fix upon her hands which she holds clasped in her lap, a faint frown touches her brow. For a moment the girl says no more, as if she were not sure what to say to such information. Even when she found the words, they are simple and spoken to her lap more than Reina. "I'm sorry, it sounds like you have had a rough time of it." A soft breath drawn in, the brunette lifts a hand to tuck several stray strands back behind her ear, casting a shy sideways glance toward her companion and flashing a brief smile.

"Hopefully you will have a better time here. Would you like to go back to our room? I'm sure you'd like to unpack and it will be evening prayers soon." Fingers brush distractedly at her skirt, "Don't worry, you don't have to do anything...just say 'Amen' at the right time. You can sit next to me." A lengthier smile is offered this time as Alison turns her head to properly look over at Reina.

Reina cringed at the thought of attending this "evening prayer". The fact that she was even attending a school that made such things mandatory gave her an ill feeling. Still, Alison was trying to be inclusive and help Reina feel at home. Something not many did for her. She gave a quiet nod, still unsure about the situation.

She pushed herself up off the bench before pocketing her hands, looking back out at the garden before turning to face the small maze, a small smile formed on her lips as she thought about getting lost in there. She shook it from her mind, it was an idea she could use to escape later prayer sessions. For now, she wanted to nurture this friendship she was developing with Alison. Reina could tell that Alison was a shy girl, but she had a feeling that the girl had some fire to her, though Reina would want to encourage that flame in ways other than rage directed at her.

"Alright, you talked me into it." She said with a forced smile and a subtle nod. "Do I have to put on a uniform for this prayer?" She asked hesitantly. Of course she had a feeling the teachers wouldn't take too kindly to a student turning up in a Black Sabbath tee shirt. Though she did live to offend and anger authority figures.

The young woman followed, easing herself off the bench and sparing a glance back up toward the main school building. For some reason her gaze drifted over the back rooms of the head-mistress' quarters, catching sight of a face briefly before the curtains twitched and the window was empty once more. A faint frown touches Alison's brow, returning her gaze to Reina and, in particular, what had caught her attention. "Oh, the maze is lovely. Not many people come this far down the garden though, so it stays peaceful. We might have time to explore it a little after dinner!"

Alison seemed genuinely enthused by the idea, a bright smile spreading across her lips as she turns back toward the school buildings, beginning to slowly wander back up through the garden. She pauses every now and then to ensure Reina is following after her. "Ah, yes..you will need to wear your uniform. There are some in the drawer back up in the room. I hope they got your measurements right, did your-...did you let the housekeeper know your size?"

The corridors they passed back through were already busier than before, small groups of students making their lazy way toward the main hall while others congregated in the middle of the passageway to laugh and gossip. There were the odd lone student, some on their way to meet friends while others simply skulked around the larger groups, looking rather out of place. Alison led her new room-mate around them all and back upstairs to their bedroom which was just as they left it.

Kicking off her shoes, the brunette settled upon her bed with her back propped against the wall, watching Reina unpack and chatting amicably about inconsequential things. Such as what the food was like, the general format of the school's activities and asking about her timetable and classes. "Perhaps we have some classes together, do you have a favourite subject?"

Reina remained as chatty as she could be as she walked back to their room. Though the crowded halls definitely bothered her a little bit. She always had an issue with crowds. Her eyes fell upon the occasional individual giving her an passive examination, as though she were some manner of alien. Though the judging eyes could only make her smile.

As she entered their room she breathed a brief sigh of relief. She set about unpacking her bag, various clothing items were folded neatly on the bed, some more adventurous than others. Though she didn't expect them to have a pool, she had brought her swimwear, if you could in fact call it that, being a small black bikini.

When she finished unpacking her clothing she began filling her drawers, taking her time as though she could expect it to get her out of evening prayer. When she heard Alison speak she gave a shrug. "I haven't looked at my classes yet. To be honest, I don't really have a favorite subject, it never really mattered that much to me." She responded quietly as she pulled her uniform from the drawer. Her eyes falling on it with minor dissatisfaction. She hated skirts, a lot. Though when she saw the conservative undergarments that came with it she was equally disappointed.

She shook her head before speaking quietly. "Well, I guess I might as well get in costume..." Reina wasn't in the least bit shy about nudity or her body in general, something she made clear by casually stripping so that she could change into her uniform.

Eyes flared wide as Reina promptly begins stripping right in front of her, colour rushing into her pale cheeks as she turns her head to the side sharply and averts her eyes. "I...uh...umm.." Alison stammers, fidgeting upon her bed as she seeks something to do or look at other than the distinctly less clothed room mate. Eventually the young woman busies herself with her skirt, something that seems to be somewhat of a habit, smoothing out the plain fabric.

"I-...I know this isn't what you wanted. To be here." The brunette chews anxiously upon her lower lip, sparing a fleeting glance toward the clock on the wall and then instantly back down to her skirt. "But...if you give it a chance, you know....you might come to like it." A faint frown had settled itself upon Alison's brow, the previous shy smiles having vanished for the time being.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Reina didn't want to be there, her subtle comments did not pass unnoticed, nor did the new girl's body language or attitude toward the routine. She wasn't really surprised, in fact she had expected it. What surprised Alison was how disappointed it made her feel. "Just...give it a try, hmm?"

Reina shook her head quietly as she began buttoning up her blouse, her face still relatively displeased, though she forced a faint smile for Alison. "Alright, I'll try. But don't hold your breath." When she was dressed, she stood up and turned to face a mirror, her grimace only growing when she saw her reflection. She shook her head quietly before turning away from the mirror.

She wasn't happy, and she wasn't usually very good at hiding it. But she could see how much her attitude was effecting Alison and tried her best to disguise her general displeasure. "Alright, let's get this prayer over with..." She muttered quietly. She kept her gaze averted from the mirror as she approached the door, eager to get the evening over with. It had been an awful morning and a surprisingly enjoyable afternoon, but Reina seemed determined to be miserable for the evening.

Alison was starting to wonder whether this was going to be as great as she had originally thought, but she pushed a small smile to her lips as Reina finally finished getting changed. "It won't be that bad!" The brunette reassured, leading the way back out into the corridor which was now near-enough deserted. She grew quiet as they made their way back toward the large hall which was already crowded with people, the lines of seats full of chattering school girls.

A few girls waved them over and Alison dutifully edged her way along the lines, beckoning for Reina to follow. Luckily there were two empty seats, the brunette taking the one nearest to those she knew and introducing them to the new-comer. There were smiles and hellos before the large room quietened as the head-mistress took her place on the stage.

Despite her protestations, the brief sermon and following prayer was as dull and drawn out as Reina had no doubt expected it to be. Yet, Alison seemed to enjoy it and dutifully said her amens as the hour drew to a close. There was a rush to get to the dinning room, but the brunette made sure not to leave her new room-mate behind.

Reina sat silently through the prayer, her arms folded tightly across her chest, and a sour expression on her face. Her hatred for organized religion was well founded, she was tired of being treated like a lost soul who needed saving. She was tired of being categorized and judged. When the sermon finally ended, Reina, as usual, failed to say 'amen'. Though she did mutter a quiet "Thank God" as it finally ended.

She rose to her feet in silence as she followed Alison out of the large hall and towards the dining room. She pleaded silently in her head that there wouldn't also be the need to say grace at the table. Even worse, would she be asked to say it? Oh the things she could think to say if she were.

When they entered the dining room, she tried to speak up in conversations without saying anything offensive on impulse. The prayer had left her a little on edge, and as she had previously decided, she was going to do her best to not put that on display around Alison. She was honestly trying to be her friend, and didn't deserve it.

There was indeed the necessity to say grace before the evening meal was consumed, but thankfully it was short and Reina was not called on to do the honours. Although one of her fellow school-mates was requested by name, hinting that perhaps at some point she would have to participate in something she loathed so entirely. Thankfully the meal was at least pleasant; the food well prepared, wholesome and most importantly tasty.

Idle conversation took place around them, a few girls commented upon the sermon - mostly how terribly boring it had been, so Reina was at least not alone in that regard. The rest of the topics involved the normal preoccupations of teenage girls; namely attractive men (namely the images of half-clad celebrities within smuggled magazines) and the upcoming trip to the local city that was to take place the coming weekend.

Alison remained mostly quiet during the meal, offering the occasional input or light smile as those about her talked, sparing occasional glances toward her room mate. Something felt awkward between them now, their differing opinions regarding the religion that saturated this place. For the brunette it had been a lifeline, order in the chaos that had been her life before she had arrived here. She believed, earnestly, but it was a private belief and one of necessity rather than absolute certainty.

Gradually, bit by bit, the dining hall began to empty as the girls had their fill and filtered off to the more comfortable quarters; leaving Alison, Reina and a few small groups still lingering at the tables.

Reina remained silent for most of the meal still determined to avoid speaking her mind and possibly offending her new friend. As the crowds began to depart and the room finally began to settle down, Reina became ware of just how tense the air had really become. She lowered her gaze to her plate after a moment. She wanted to talk about it, to get it out of the way, but she was concerned that she would offend or anger Alison.

She cleared her throat after some time of silence, raising her gaze after a moment. "So, what brought you to this school?" She asked quietly, trying to find something to talk about that didn't directly link to the topic or religion. "You don't really look like the type to cause trouble." She flattened out her own skirt, more or less to try to get rid of the lack of comfort she felt in it. "More importantly, do you have anything beyond here? Family, friends, maybe even a boyfriend?" Though she was genuinely curious about Alison's life, she was merely trying to get casual conversation rolling again.

Alison glances up from the crumbs gathered upon the surface of the table, sweeping them into a neat pile and then brushing them into a cupped hand before dusting them off onto an empty plate beside her. The question had caught her by surprise, those pale blue eyes staring back at Reina for a long moment before she speaks. "I'm not like most of the girls here who were forced to come here. I chose to come, I want to be here." A gentle sigh passes from her lips as she lifts her gaze to glance briefly about the emptying dining hall.

That seemed as much of an explanation as she was willing to give for now, the other questions were easier to answer. "My father, but he does not want to know me." A deep frown creeps across Alison's brow as she leans back in her chair, a heavy sigh passing from her lips. Suddenly and perhaps, unexpectedly she chuckles and shakes her head a touch, "No, no boyfriend..." Fingers toy with several long strands of air that have slipped free from her tie, tucking them neatly behind her ear.

Reina could tell that her questions regarding family and the school had bothered her. She frowned softly as she watched Alison for several moments, even after her chuckle regarding a potential boyfriend. Reina extended her arm, resting her hand on her room-mate's. "I'm sorry." She said quietly. She knew what it was like to have family that didn't care.

She gave her hand a gentle squeeze before pulling it a way, lest it become awkward, or more than it already was. Her lowered her head before moving the conversation in a cheerier direction. "So, how about we go get lost in that maze?" She asked with a small smile creeping over her face.

The brunette's gaze flickered downward to settle upon the hand resting atop her own, a shy smile tugging at the corners of her mouth before her head dips lower, staring down at the table. "Don't be...some have it far worse than I do..." Soft blue hues flicker upward, resting momentarily upon Reina's face before falling away again. The gentle squeeze seems to strengthen the young woman's smile before withdrawing her own hands, settling them in her lap as she leans back.

At the mention of the maze, Alison practically beams, the tension seeming to lift considerably as she begins to gather up the empty plates about them. Rising to her feet, the young woman carries them to a hatch at the end of the hall before leading the way out of the dining hall. It takes them very little time to make their way back out into the garden, the light in the sky beginning to dim and small solar panelled lights gradually start flickering on. Before stepping out of the shadow of the building, Alison hurries back inside briefly and returns with an old fashioned lantern, a candle already flickering within it.

"I have some spare matches in case it blows out." She reassures before leading the way back down the garden and toward the maze, gesturing for Reina to take the lead.

Reina's own smile broadened when she saw how much happier Alison had become at the suggestion. She followed her without question, pleased at her new found burst of energy and happiness. She quickened her pace to keep up with Alison as she was lead back out towards the garden. The school was certainly more peaceful now that the sun had begun to set, and she certainly didn't mind the night settling in. She preferred the later hours anyway.

She happily took the lead when offered the chance to enter the maze. Though she was definitely looking forward to exploring the maze, at this point it was just an effort to help Alison relax and cheer up. As she explored the beautiful maze by the aid of candle light she attempted to revisit the cheerier part of their conversation. "So, why is it that you don't have a boyfriend?" She asked with a smile. "I mean, a pretty little thing like you shouldn't have any trouble finding a nice guy."

Alison followed after Reina, lifting the lantern higher to cast a wider circle of light by which to see as they wound their way deeper and deeper into the heart of the maze. The thick foliage of the bushes on either side of them, towered high above their heads, blocking out all but the twinkling stars above and the glow of the moon. Occasionally they would come upon a statue or a small fountain that trickled quietly amidst the quiet of the garden.

A soft rush of pink colours her cheeks as the topic of a boyfriend comes up once again, toying with her pony tail as she spares a brief glance behind her. "Well, we were never really in the same place for any length of time...I would make friends with people only to move away and have to start all over again. Boyfriends...well, I never really..." The girl pauses briefly, a faint frown touching her brow, "...had one." A deeper shade of red rushes to the surface of her pale cheeks, chewing lightly upon her lower lip.

"What-...umm, what about you?"

Reina quietly nodded. Though under different circumstances, she knew what it was like to be constantly uprooted and having no solid friendships. When asked about her own dating history, she nearly froze up. "Me?" Well this wasn't where she expected this conversation to go. She paused in front of a fountain, watching the water trickle with a faint smile on her face. This subject was bound to come up eventually, it was better to get it out of the way before it felt like she had been hiding something.

"There was someone, once." She answered quietly, that same smile still there. "It was brief. Nothing really became of it." She gave a quiet sigh. "We were both orphans living in the same orphanage at the time. She was one of the lucky ones. She got taken in by a good family." Her smile disappeared after a moment, her eyes still on the water. "I was bitter about it for a while, but she deserves to be happy." She instinctively moved to pocket her hands, but found she was still wearing a skirt, and instead allowed her hands to mesh together, behind her.

Back
Top Bottom