Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raise Up Ye Blade

"So says the girl who claimed to be richer than me. My crew are clad, and well fed, good steel and high spirits. Yours, well, you saw the end result." He said with a soft laugh. "Call me as many names as you wish, you're my prisoner, not the other way around." He added before shrugging.

"Of course you care, you're daddy's little girl wishing to be back with him. Its why you're out here trying to find your way back to his stronghold." He said as he twirled her hair mockingly.

He looked to her and smirked before he shook his head. "My father said you'd have this reaction, except he said it would be on our wedding night, you all a tremble, eyes closed."

"You should learn to appreciate hospitality." He said as he flicked her now numb wound. His hand moved forward and he pushed her back onto his bed and sighed before he picked up a rag and wiped the blood from her arm. "I have to be a monster in front of my men, but don't give me just cause and our time alone can be pleasant." He said slowly. He ran the cool rag over the back of her other hand that he'd struck previously as well. "You should learn to appreciate it. Some of the men wanted me to chain you up in a pillory in the hold so they could take turns. "

She glared, then shook her head. "I was not attempting to find his stronghold. I know where each one is. I was going to-" she stopped and looked away. "Honestly, while he has a soft spot for me... I care little for him. So no, I am no 'daddy's girl'. " With a feral glare, she jerked from him, and at last accidentally freed most of her hair, the silken waves cascading down to cover her bared breasts, and tease the curve of her firm, round ass. Groaning, she lowered her head. "Why I leave it long is beside me..." she growled, eyes sliding shut. Her body shook as she looked back to him, cold and sick feeling.

"I would not have trembled on any wedding night," she said quietly. "Trembling and shutting out the world usually only works when there's pleasure involved. With you I am guessing there would only be pain. Your size alone-" she stopped. Gritting her jaw with embarrassment, Lysandra looked away. "It is surprising how endowed you are," she said quietly.

She was about to give a scathing retort about his hospitality when her world swam before her, making the woman nearly black out as she landed on the bed. Gathering her senses, she realized she must have lost more blood than she thought, and currently felt like a little man was dancing a fiery jig in her skull. "I believe that is the biggest load of shit I've ever heard," she growled weakly, sitting up slowly as he cleaned her flesh. Hesitantly, she looked away and spoke. "Thank you for tending my wounds.."

"I never said you didn't know where it was, I said you were trying to find your way back to it. Your lack of listening leaves much to be desired. "Oh really? Tis why you were coddled as you admitted yourself?" He asked her slowly before running a finger along his jaw. As her hair slipped down he shrugged to cover his mind surprise. "I didn't ask as to why. It doesn't matter now." He said before he made his way across the cabin and poured a cup of fortified wine. Sipping it thoughtfully he shook his head.

"Oh its not really as big as it appears to be, you'd get used to it. ITs actually quite a work in and of itself. One of my brief owners was a...doctor of sorts. She experimented quite some time on me when I was in my formative years, its the result of months of painful painful stretching and other procedures. So that even at a young age I could satisfy her as it were. However they never accounted for growth so I ended up...well."

As she tumbled back onto the bed he sighed before he reached down to undo her manacles. "You never leave here without those on, and my permission. I am not some monster, and while you are my prisoner you are still a lady of sorts." He added before he lifted up a white shirt from a drawer and tossed it at her as well as a towel and wash rag. "There is a supply of fresh water through there, go clean yourself up." He said gesturing at the small room with the tub.

She blinked, then looked away. "I'm sorry for that.." she murmured, disliking the image of a boy being put through that. "Some people are the type that need to be put down." As if reciting a simple fact, the woman's voice barely had inflection, emotion unapparent in that sentence. Looking to the standing male, she gave a small smile. "Although, without some type of help... I doubt I could 'get used to it' as you say." Rolling her neck slightly, Lysandra sighed.

His touch undoing the manacles froze her, and she quickly massaged her wrists, looking at him in surprise. Her eyes belayed her confusion, telegraphing her caution of his actions. "I could beg to differ," she said, frowning slightly in annoyance at her own thoughts. "But, for now I will listen to you. I doubt I will be able to for long though." A small smile once again lit her features. "Curiousity and all."

As he handed her the white shirt, rag, and towel, Lysandra gave a small chuckle. "Very well..." And standing, she stepped to the adjoining room and poured some water into the tub. Placing the items on the ground where the may not get wet, she dropped her shorts, and her under garments. Metallic noises sounded as her blades clinked on the ground, and she stepped from the discarded bottoms. Stretching, she gave a light moan, then ran her hands down her white curtain of silken hair, gathering pins to place in a small pile, hooking one through her skull ring on her navel. Looking back, she waved at Xarxas as she stepped into the tub and began to clean her body of the blood, bending to scrub herself.

"These things happen, I found her not too long ago...and fucked her to death." He said narrowing his eyes slightly. "Ok, that's not necessarily true, the heart attack killed her, but I certainly helped." He said with a laugh and a shake of his head before he ran his fingers through his hair before he sat in a nearby chair. He sighed before he leaned back in it.

He ignored her obvious suspicion and ran his fingers along his lips as he thought on a number of thins before he moved back. His back was now to the room he'd indicated. He wasn't a peeping tom.

He let her go off and slip into the tub room and didn't give a thought to the other purpose of the room. The fact that his closet was connected to the room. By the door of said closet was a stool, and atop it, was a box, relatively small but a bright white with the name Lysandra in gold letters scrawled across the top. Within was a white gold ring, with a massive princess cut red diamond in the center, off set by bright blue sapphires. He began writing his hostage note when he reminisced briefly on the possible wedding they could have had. His head suddenly shot up. "The ring." His father had had it commissioned, and had left it to him, he'd placed it there as an after thought and now the girl was within the room.
"Wait." He snapped to her once she'd begun.

Closing her eyes as she rinsed her hair, the length pulled atop her head revealing the webwork of thin, nearly unseen scars interlacing over her flesh, down her hips and over her shoulders. Usually covered by her clothing, or her hair, the marks were more prominent on her hips and shoulder blades.

Sighing in apparent pleasure, the girl leaned her head back, feeling better. She began to braid her hair, the heavy mass usually unseen as it was pinned up under her hat. Standing and about to step from her quick bath, Lysandra squeaked in surprise and tumbled over, crashing against the floor with a winced grunt. She was about to snap at him when her eyes fell on the box he was going for. Her name in gold letters..? "Wait... What is that?" she asked, standing up and refusing to cry out as her body protested vividly.

Pulling a towel on, she walked over to him, tying the cloth around her generous bust.

He had his back turned to her so as not to see her naked form. Yes he had stripped her but he'd still not looked directly at her. His mother had raised him better than that. Pirate or no he was still a gentleman of sorts. Slowly running his fingers along the box he looked to it. He wanted to toss it out of a window but it was now a keepsake from his father, a remnant of an old man's hope.

"Its...nothing." He said, his voice for once sounding less confident. He slipped back from the room pocketing the box rather than throwing it away. He couldn't, he'd never be married to her, but his father had spent a fortune for the hope and he couldn't dash a testament to his last wish away." He shifted back as she moved toward him. "finish drying yourself off." He said coldly before he moved away from her quickly before strolling out of the room and sitting uneasily in the chair to continue his letter.

She froze at his shift in tones. He sounded... Conflicted. Her eyes narrowed, thinking it was simply a ploy, and quickly slipped into her black underwear and borrowed shirt, her dried braid pinned to her head slightly so that less length lay across her flesh. Sighing, she picked up her discarded clothing and weapons and cleaned up the mess she made from slipping.

Stepping back out, she was dwarfed in his shirt, looking small against the white cotton so similar in color to her hair. "If you wish, I could help with my ransom. I do so know such intimate details of my father's wealth. Her hand nearly went to the key dangling between her breasts, and she sighed. "Actually... If it was nothing you would not have been the way you were. If you do nit wish for me to see it, say so. I swear it will never reach my hand." she gave a shaky smile.

"Why did you choose piracy...?" she asked after a bit, coming to stand next to him, leaning against his desk.

He sat at his desk scribbling slowly his hand careful and easy before he stroked his fingers down along its length as he read it thoroughly. It was polite, yet menacing. The entirety was in an even handed script and his signature at the bottom was neat and precise. He added his seal to the bottom then rolled it and did the same with a bit of white sealing wax and a smaller seal before he walked over and tied it to the leg of a large crow that sat by his window. It spread its wings and took off soon after.

He looked to her and shrugged. "I want just one thing." He said solemnly.
"My father as it turns sent a gift of sorts...and your father was to send a dowry, and you. He took that gift..and the key..which vanished, we know where the chest is. I want it back." He simply said before he looked to her. "It was something for your hand I guess. A ring as it were." He simply said. "Your father is known as a buggering cut throat. He's feared but not respected, mine has access to some of the finest artisans to ever craft their respective materials." He said slowly. "He spent a fortune and a half a year making a ring for you." He said softly.

He sat back at the desk once more and stared at a map shortly. "Why not? I'm good at it, excellent at it. My father...he wanted me to be a merchant. Hid me away from this life. Sent for me when I was young...and chose the wrong men, they killed my mother, and sold me to your father. Then told mine I'd been killed. After the things I endured, the things I learned, why not be a pirate?"

Lysandra listened, nodding softly as he spoke of a key. This time her hand did go to the key beneath the shirt. Surely he didn't realize... She sighed. No way was she going to tell him of it, and allow him to just take the chest. The woman inhaled sharply as he mentioned a ring, but hid it behind a small yawn.

"Your father must have me mixed up with another, then. I would never have wished him to spend time and money on a bauble that might not have reached me. Especially in the hands of one who does not want me." she shrugged. "I wish I could help you. Honestly I do. But my father will never give you the key..."

At his words of his father's wishes, Lysandra sighed and sat her hand on his shoulder. "I am sorry for his actions..." she said, nearly silently, then stiffening and pulling her hand back. "Only because if it had gone your father's way, you would not have done today what you did."

"Stop touching your neck, the key isn't a key, its..something else, I don't know what it is. The key you have around your neck is far too ornamental to be used in a lock." He said. He was far too observant to let something like that go unnoticed. However he'd never taken a good look at the key to notice the back end of it. "In reality, my father had always intended to make sure you got the key, but there's some secret to it. He died before he could tell me." He said with a slow sigh and a grimace.

"My father wanted you to have something to match the ring he gave my mother. A ring she intended to pass down had it not been stolen." He said softly. "I wanted you, because he wanted me to want you. However, you're not what he would have wanted for me from what I've seen. Yes, you are beautiful, but I have little use for ornamental women" He said frankly before he steepled his hands before him.

He shrugged off her hand before he looked to her. "At one time, your father welcomed the idea, so long as it was on his ship, with him officiating, and none of my father's men could be there. It was an insult and an obvious trap. I am a man, I've made my decisions, don't be sorry for what you have no hand in, live your life as you choose." He said simply before a bell began to ring. "Its time for supper. Stay here, none will enter." He simply said before he headed for the door .

She sighed, relief coursing through her as he spoke of her key being useless. "Yes, it is indeed useless as an actual key. Just something given to me as an ornamental piece. " Her words fell from her lips easily, her lips curling into a smile showing her straight, white teeth. Then stared at him. His father had plans for her she never expected. How he even knew her so well was beyond her. She spent a year on his ship, grew to care for the man, but he hurt her in the end. Her mind couldn't wrap around why he had wanted her son.

Until a thought slipped through her mind. 'Pity,' she winced at the word, looking away. "You have no idea who I am. Beauty is not mine," she said calmly. "Appealing, yes. Ornamental, never." Her back had stiffened, her eyes flashing. "You should know eyes lie. I've skills as well. Beyond your capabilities. "

She then waved off his annoyance. "Have you ever thought maybe I wouldn't want marriage? So your fathers, and mine, were just getting worked up over nothing. I've no reason to tue myself to a man." Her words were angry. "But no, it was assumed I would agree to we a man I've never met. Because daddy dearest wished it."

At the bell, and his departure, she growled. When he left, she stormed through the room. "Men. Always assuming they have the right of it, thinking we weak women will go along. Or at least eventually give in." she groaned. "Always thinking they know everything. I'm not good enough? Hah! I'm merely ornamental? Strange... Seems I'm in a very interesting position. Never underestimate an enemy.."

Sighing, she sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. Closing her eyes, she attempted to lull herself to sleep.

He looked her over and shook his head. "I can tell you feel you're hiding something, but if that may be, it won't do you any good here." He turned to look at the map once more and plotted out several points before triangulating to a particular spot. "Two days with decent wind." He said simply before he put away his instruments. "My father imagined a future for me. He at one point in time said you were my last hope for a normal life. Why he did, I can't imagine. But, I'm being honest, and showing you a side of myself I keep hidden, maybe you are special in an odd sort of way."

"Of you say so, possessing of skills is nice, but if they're not something I can use, you're an ornament. That is all, nothing more." He said flatly. It helped him dehumanize her. Helped him look away, to not want to comfort her, or touch her. She was a thing, not a person he would tell himself.

"I did, I didn't really care for it. He had hopes, he didn't particularly care as to if you wanted me or not. He said it would just click. He had a way with these things however." He said before he ran his fingers through his hair, with the bell he was gone soon after and she was left to the room.

He stood in the hall a bit before he clutched the ring in his pocket. "She would have made a beautiful bride father." He admitted before he continued down the hall. He entered the mess to his men cheering. "Captains privilege eh?, Gave her a good one?, Look at the ladies man" The cheers came but he waved them off. "Men...a gentleman never tells...and If I were a gentleman I'd agree. But I will fetch a higher price for her unraped, thus she shall stay unraped." He said while waving them off. He collected his food and a second plate on a tray along with a large flagon of ale and hot bread before he made his way back to the room.

He slipped in before placing the tray on the table. "Food is here." He said to her. His cook was excellent, even on meager provisions and the bread was always hot and fresh though the men complained it was a waste of resources at times.

Lysandra cracked her eyes open slowly, painfully making her way to her feet. Shaking her head a bit, she looked at him. "I'm not hungry..." she said, looking away. Her face had gone pale again, and she found that if she had put anything in her stomach it would come right back up. Pain riddled her head as she sighed.

She had headaches rarely, but when they hit they were bad. And bloodless plus a cracked wrist were making this one worse. "Though I thank you for getting it for me..." she forced herself to smile at him, then crossing her arms. "Would you mind if I made up a pallette? I fear I am very tired..."

Lysandra leaned against his desk once more, looking down at the floor.

He looked to her and sighed before he walked off and returned with a white liquid in a bottle. "It wasn't a question or a request, you've lost blood and been injured, I'll not have you fall asleep and die due to your body being too weak." He said before he leaned down. "Take a sip of this, it should ease the pain and the ale will bring some color to your cheeks. "I trust you are familiar with milk of the poppy." He said simply before he looked her over. "You can sleep in my bed, I'll take my hammock." He said before gesturing to the goose down bed.

"I had the liberty of soundproofing the cabin, my bed should smell of a woman when the boy comes and tidies it in the morning." He said simply before he began to eat slowly.

She shook her head, standing up straight. "I'm fine. I've been through far worse than this." Her words snapped out with less heat than she wished. Her hands shook as she ran them through her bangs, then moved through the room nervously.

"I don't drink alcohol often," she said to him, and sighed. "Besides. My death wouldn't be bad for you, other than to lose the ability to open a chest." she said woodenly. Her hand went to fiddle with her necklace again, and she took a small glass of the drink. Sipping it, she winced. Her stomach rebelled against her, and she quickly set it down, acting as if she felt better. "The bed..?"

Smiling slightly, she shook her head. "I couldn't do that... Take your bed."

He put his hand to her forehead slowly. "You're sweating." He said simply before he sighed and leaned back. "You should at least try to eat, its not a matter of hunger its a matter of sustaining yourself. The body needs energy."

He was absolute in his statement before he shook his head. "You are mine for the moment, it wouldn't do me well to have you die in my care, both in how I appear to others and how I see myself." He said simply before he patted her cheek as she winced. "It takes a bit of time. "
(Milk of the poppy is pretty much morphine)

He smirked before he sighed. "It is a large bed, we could share it, I'll not try anything untoward if it makes you unnerved. Or I can take the hammock, either or is fine with me." He said before he slowly ran his fingers down. "You've been holding your hand funny for some time, I take it your wrist isn't in the best of shape." He said before he looked to her.

Her body slowly relaxed after a bit, and she shifted to take another sip of the drink. "As you wish," she said quietly, standing and walking from his grasp. Reaching out, she picked up a bit of bread and took a bite, chewing slowly as she closed her eyes. Her head was dulling, and the sharb throb of her wrist began to fade slightly.

Looking to him as he patted her cheek, she glared. "I am not yours. Not for the moment, not for the long run. I don't belong to anyone.." And at that she yawned a bit. "And, I have no true problem sharing the bed with you. You told me you had no wish to be with me... So I trust that..."

At his traveling fingers, she pulled her wrist behind her, looking away. "It's fine. Nothing I can't-" she bent it slightly and moaned a bit, blushing as she was proven a liar. Quickly, she looked away and began to nibble on her bread again.

"I do wish." He said before he pulled away the drink, capped it and put it to one side. "Drink too much and you'll slip into a coma, let it kick in, you'll likely be sleepy soon with the amount you've consumed." He said before he glanced down to her wrist and paused his eating. He opened his desk and rummaged around for a bit as he looked to her.

"You are my prisoner, prisoners are property of a sort." He said as he looked back ignoring her glare. "You can leave once my business is concluded and be free to do as you wish, but for now..." He let his phrase trail off before he sighed.

His hand darted out to grasp her forearm before he looked to her wrist. He contemplated a moment before he bound it quickly and neatly to reduce its movement. "Should be better in a few days. " He said slowly before he shifted back and finished his food. Stepping to the tub room he kicked off his boots and slipped off his pants rendering himself naked. His scarred muscular form was lit only by the setting sun creating a red halo around him. Slowly he washed himself with soap and water his skin glistening by the time he stepped out in black shorts.

She felt her head barely start to swim as she smiled at him. "I don't get sleepy. I just fall asleep." Frowning at her nonsensical words, she shook her head, stood up straighter, and pinched her own arm. "Im sorry. I believe it is already beginnin to muddle my mind." a light smile kissed her lips, and Lysandra watched him digging through the drawer.

Curiosity made the girl look him over, taking in his form. Yes. She could take him if she was in her zone. But... Why she hadn't earlier... It confused her. Made her wonder... And her curiosity ended as he spoke. Prisoner. Of course. She shook her head. "You don't get it." she said quietly. Property. Prisoner. She shook her head.

And yelped in pain. As he bound it, she looked away, hating the weakness she was showing. "Ir's fine. I didn't need that." she said fiercely, then watched him go into the bathing room. Eyes wide ing slightly as he slipped from his clothing, she looked away. But not before getting an eyeful.

When he stepped back out, Lysandra again looked him over, her muddled mind affecting her responses. Licking her plump lips, the girl slowly looked him over, then looked away, face flushed.

He smirked and shook his head. "Yes that's what it does and its known for bringing desires and other things to the surface that most would rather remain hidden. Don't worry, soon you'll be fast asleep and you've enough in you for a deep dreamless sleep followed by a nice morning before you'll need another dose." He added before he looked out the window. "Once were in port I'll have our head physician take a proper look at you"

He smirked and shook his head before he walked past her. "Don't stare too long, you might burn a hole into my skin." He commented on her lingering gaze. "I get it, you see yourself as a free spirit, never taken, never to be had." He said slipping closer to her. His bright eyes gleamed in the candle light of the cabin his face inches from hers before he pulled back.

As he bathed he took his time, cleansing himself thoroughly and returned smelling faintly of lavender and sandalwood due to the soap he had used. It wasn't exactly a manly scent but he found it pleasant. Leaning against his bed he smirked as she eyed him once more. "Maybe I should sleep in the hammock, I won't rape you, but with the fact that the potion dulls pain, and reduces inhibitions you might rape me." He teased before he licked his lips and winked at her. "What will the men think if you robbed me of my virtue?"

The sun set and he leaned in to brush a strand of hair from her fevered brow. "I know things aren't the way you'd like them to be. But I will try to make this, as painless for you as possible." He said, he was sincere in his statement. He didn't want to hurt her, he just wanted what was rightfully his and he'd go.

Again, she shook her head "I don't think you understand. I don't need a physician. I'm fine. A few Twinges here and there. Nothing bad." her words were lost as he stepped in to bathe. She leaned back for a minute to shiver. Running a hand through her hair, she grained and undid the braid. It was pulling too much.

He wasn't attractive. He had drugge her, to rid her of pain. Obviously it was doin wicked things with her eyes. Because there was no way in HELL he looked like sin incarnate. His eyes... His hands... Don't even et her started on his lips.

Jolting as she recognized where her thoughts were going, Lysandra slapped her face smartly to bring her senses back to her before wandering to the bed. Her eyes stayed on him as he approached. His words made her dazzling, playful smile lit her lips. "They'd think you a luck man indeed, what with your inability to pull me from you. " chuckling, the girl flopped back.

His touch felt cool to her, and she quickly pulled him closer, laying her head on his lap and facing his abdomen. "Your skin... Such a relief to me. Your room really is hot..." her words were strong, but her eyes slightly unfocused. "You also smell so good." Her tongue darted out for the briefest of seconds. "Taste better..."

Her hand unconciously rubbing his back and hip, and she sighed happily. "I should hate you..." she murmured. "But you look too good to hate. You really are cruel though..."

He noticed her hair was undone when he came out and wondered on it briefly before he sighed. "You should still be checked out. My crew noted the lack of fruit in your hold, we need to at least check you for scurvy." He said slowly as he laughed while she wobbled. It was rather cute to see her in such a helpless state.

He smiled to her, it was mildly nervous. Her gaze had changed to something, inquisitive. She flitted along his features and then looked away before eventually returning. He wondered if she had taken a dose when he wasn't looking, or if it was simply that she'd not been exposed to it before and thus more susceptible.

He watched as she struck herself before he touched her struck cheek. "I think you should lay down." He said before she flopped down. "I'm sure the men would envy me quite a bit yes, but I don't care for their opinions on my love life." He said quickly though he knew the words were lost on her.

He felt her pull him toward her, something he wasn't expected and her face thrust suddenly into his lap was surprising. Her cheek ran along his cloth covered member causing it to begin to stiffen. In response he sat her up and tossed the sheet over his lap attempting to hide it after she licked him. "No its just your body adjusting to the drink." He said before he reached over to dip a rag into a bowl by the window then ran it along her forehead attempting to cool her.

He'd forgotten that with a lack of pain came a lack of reservation. He looked to her and smiled. "I thank you for the compliment, you are also attractive dear." He said softly "But, I think, this is the milk of the poppy talking, not Lysandra. Maybe you should rest." He said as he slowly pressed her back to the bed trying his hardest to avoid leaning over her and keeping the sheet over his member.

Lysandra chuckled lightly. "No, I've no scurvy... Eat apples everyday I do. So red and sweet...." she licked her lips. "Just hide them. My men must have found them and took them. I have them their own... But no. Captains share is best... I get less than them and mine is better?" She frowned slightly. "I told you I don't drink often. Certainly not something like a flower... Poppy?"

Reaching over, she pet his chest with her warm hand. "They can't envy if you do nothing... Rest beside me? I wish to curl up against you..." she sighed as he moved from her a bit. With the sheet about his waist, he looked peculiar.

"If flower milk can talk... Then I'm the queen of England. No... Wait. I'm Lysandra..." she frowned, shaking her head. As she was pushed back, her hands wrapped around the back of his neck. She leaned up. "Your eyes remind me of a beautiful flower that adorned my friend's hair one night..."

Leaning up, she brushed her lips against his. A small gasp left her lips as she did so, and her body hummed delightedly.

"Most find that oranges, and such are better. I prefer pineapples myself, sweet and succulent they are." He said softly before he looked to her and cocked his head to one side as she rambled. "Its a pain reliever but also it tends to subdue inhibitions in people who are more susceptible to it, slurs their words and so on." He said to her before he gently touched her cheek. "The heat you're feeling can also be a result of it."

As she pet his chest he sighed. He felt strangely drawn to give her what she wanted. "We can do that so long as you res.." She moved so fluidly now, she'd been rather stiff before and it was unexpected of her to move so quickly. It caught him by surprise. She was injured already, injured by him and he didn't want to hurt her more .

Even for milk of the poppy, she was so forceful and bold. He grinned slightly as he looked away as her arms trailed along the back of his neck causing him to gasp briefly. He was a captain, always busy, and with all the planning, and work and various things he'd not been with a woman or even used his hands in quite some time.

He was about to press her away when her lips touched his and he felt a jolt run up his spine as his member jutted straight up tenting the sheet and thumping against her stomach. "I....you....maybe....we should." He began as he shifted back. His strength was failing him. "This isn't you...I..its a drug you're reacting to."he had lied, he'd known her long before, watched her, wanted her yet back then he'd not had the confidence. He'd been a broken shell that had been they toy of various people for years and she was this angel. He'd never even talked to her, never told anyone about her.

Back
Top Bottom