Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Polyamorous rp idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem-drake

Super-Earth
For those who don't know, to my understanding of it, a polyamorous relationship is a relationship between 3 or more consenting people. The closest definition would by an open relationship with rules. Polyamory revolves around a strong set of ethics, you can be with anyone within the (sexually or just romantically) but doing so with someone who is NOT part of the relationship is considered as cheating on the group. There is also an emphasis on trust and loyalty while overcoming things like jealousy, possessiveness, restrictive and cultural standards. To my understanding Polyamory (or just Poly) transcends sexuality. Some people who are not sexually attracted to one another, yet care for each the same way as they would someone they would normally date actually do date and engage in romantic actions such as kissing and going on dates but do not actually have to have sex. Some people who are not sexually attracted to one another DO have sex, either in threesomes/orgies, to 'put on a show' for the others in the relationship or simply to deepen the relationship between them.

So the idea for the rp is, I want to explore this. I want to find a group of people to have both male and female characters begin a poly relationship and to show how it would work. Can be set either in highschool, university/college, or set when everyone has a job.

Wow. How intriguing....

I'd be willing to play, it certainly sounds exciting. I'd like to play a bisexual male if others are willing to join.

Requiem-drake said:
So Nice, should we start trying to figuring out the RP.

Sounds good. We should probably decide on what sort of characters people have / are willing to play first- make a separate thread for where they can describe their character(s).

Then we obviously need to come up with a setting and perhaps a gist of a plot. Definitely need to figure in what relations people have prior to the rp starting -As some of the group will have known each other longer, and some may be new. Not everyone can choose the same place in line.

Its up to you if you want to get as detailed as rivalries, jealousy, and/or love interests. We could just save that for the rp, which would probably be better seeing as making it too complicated starting out might just confuse people.

Thats just my input...

Question, what setting are you guys up for? School or out in the work place? I have two different character ideas one for each which one would you guys prefer?

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34451 Actual roleplay, still trying to think up a name for it though.

Do you want any of our characters to know each other/ be in a relationship before hand? Or are we starting off meeting each other for the first time?

Hmmm...I think Wally need some convincing to be in a relationship with anyone at the moment, same with friendship but I have a plan on how to have them to meet/begin hanging out and get into the relationship. And I have to agree with Lunar Silos is awesome!

Thanks, both of your characters are very unique and lovable as well. Okay, Wally doesn't know Silos. Lunar, I'm up for Dimitri and Silos to be friends already, or whatever you'd like. I can take my character in a lot of directions so it's up to you.

It would be a good match and I'm fine with it, and I think Dimitri would still shy away from him because of how active he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom