Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon - (Tenn and Shadowfirelance)

Jane looked up. She’d been placed in the sacrificial circle. She was stunned, she hadn’t realized they’d decided that she had to take on this particular job. The oldest had been given to another kingdom and well they ahd to keep the dragon pleased. Dressed in a thick gold belt, and a gold collar with a muslim halter attached to it and a loincloth that dropped to her ankles she stood there, looking around for a few minutes. Today the dragon was supposed to come - –very harvest someone was sacrificed… it was just a matter of when.

Brown hair dropped down her back, she was dipped in some musk perfume. Thick red lips partially open and blue eyes. The woman was still getting over whatever drug they’d put in her system so she wouldn’t fight, many a sacrifice had run so they’d begun drugging them before hand. Shaking her head slowly.

On high pinnacle of rock jetting from a mountain , Xiuhcoatl watched the village below get ready for it’s sacrifice. One year ago today they had enroched on his terratortiy. He demand that appease him once a year with the sacrifice of a female or he would bring ruin to there villiage.

Since He blends in well with the surrounding rock, His skin a dark mottled grey, He could blend in easier. Silently Xiuhcoatl leaps into the air, before catching an air current and heading for the village.
On approaching the village He lets a ten foot jet of flame from His great maw. His talons and wings are outstretched to his fullest. his roars seem to echo of the nearby mountains. He had spotted the sacrifice and land's with a loud, however muffled rumble

She spun hearing the roar and the fire to face the mountians watching the massive creature as it landed and she stared, feeling suddenly very much like she should have run the night before, she'd known there had been talk about a princess being this years sacrifice. "Holy... mother." she whispered praying to a goddess to protect her though she knew that she was as good as dead, though at th emoment she wasn't sure dieing last night would have not been the better option. "Great... Xiuhcoatl.." She whispered giving him a bow.

Xiuhcoatl stares at the bowing female, "Why yes, I am great, I thought everyone knew that!" He boasts, flapping his wings.
"I am glad that they pick a more....Exqusite ssssacrfice this time.."
"Why the last one.... THAT WAS HARDLY UP TO PAR!"
He shout's at the village.

they all scrambled away as Jane stood back up, still working through the haze of a drug. "Leave... them..." She waved a hand. "We're not the smartest creatures... humans." She said fighting not to make it obvious she'd just barely come out of the drugs effects. She watched the dragon as it strutted around the sacrficial space.

"You may not be the smartest of creatures, but you do have your....uses.. And I had to CHASE THE LAST ONE DOWN! THAT was not smart at all..."
Stopping from flaming all of the villagers He turned around and sniffed the female.
"You smell...nice female.."

She smiled at him. "The best perfume for such a great dragon." She muttered. Unable to help the sarcastic irony of htis entire sutaiton - to their knowledge he ate them, so there was no reason to get so dressed up.

"Ah..I can see the small irony of this, You think they all get eaten and see no reason to smell nice or to dress up.. Well, You do taste better if you smell nice..."

He laughs and smiles as only a Dragon could.

She just shook her head. She didn't understand dragons and she really didn't understand most of htis, she was resigned to her fate but that didn't help make her enthused. "Good to know." She told hte dragon softly.

"Well then.."
Xiuhcoatl grips the female lightly in his claws and takes off with powerful beats of his wings.

She yelped as she was scooped up grabbing hold of the claws as he carried her away. Kicking and staring wide eyed as the sacrfical circle got smaller and he carried her higher, then she squeezed her eyes shut, hights where not her strong point.

"It...would not be good for you to strugle..I might loose my grip.."

He climbs higher into the sky, his wings beating almost like an heartbeat.

She stilled after a moment, not wnating to be dropped - though not necessarily wanting to go either, She kept her eyes closed not wanting to know how high they where getting, air was getting thin enough as it was. "Hard - to - breath." She got out.

Xiuhcoatl slowly desended in the air, glideing on the wind.
With a powerful flap of his wings he lands on hard stone floor, dropping Jane lightly.

Jane Gasped as the wind was knocked clear of her lungs for a moment and she opend her eyes spreading her hands on the stone under her. Ok... where was she? She looked around.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a9/Dragon_Cave_Syrau.jpg/800px-Dragon_Cave_Syrau.jpg

She was inside a well kept, however dark, cave that glowed with an eerie light.
A small fire glowed softly, wood crackleing near the back.

She looked around slowly at the odd green moss and the stalagmights. Looking over her shoulder at the dragon who'd dropped her she inched herway forward into what she supposed was a temporary home, and got herself up to stand looking around. "Cozy." She told the dragon.

"Why thank you...I dont get too many comments on the room....Usally they are begging for me to not eat them... Or trying to escape."
Xiuhcoatl then curls around Jane, his long body wrapping in many circles around her, tight that she could not escape,but loose that she can breathe easily.

She looked at the dragon for a moment - a dead pan tone to her voice - "Bad idea." She reminded the dragon. He'd told her that at the begining of this event as it worked its way around her she watched not real sure what to do about this particular situation - she'd expected to not survive much past morning. "I don't beg." she added after a moment. Though honestly she didnt' realize how much pride was in that statement and most of it bluffing.

"You do not beg? I could easily make you beg, I have had many, many years in that art..."
He lets the words hang, the meaning not quite clear...

She looked around again and finally sighed. "You don't plan to kill me do you?" she asked curiously. Finding it odd that he was around her to begin with - but ore that she was still alive. She supposed she knew little of dragons. Jane shifted slightly. "I'm not going to run - why are you holding me so tightly?"

She shrugged a little and indicated. "Can I walk around?" she asked the dragon. "Or Do you wish for me to stand like a statue?"

"You may wander around, or find something to amuse yourself."
Xiuhcoatl uncurls and moves to a glittering hoard the size of a small house, Gold, diamonds,gemstones and rare items are in large quantity.

She nodded. "Thank you." She told the Dragon as he wandered away adn she looked at the glittering horde, she knew at least some of that - maybe more came from her kingdom and that eventually the king was going to come after it. She looked around slowly wandering around the cave even to the mouth to look out, she enjoyed the sun even though it was colder here than by her home. She eventually settled down at the entrance just looking out - it was beautiful up here.

Back
Top Bottom