Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

Sarah smiled softly and closed her eyes, falling asleep in seconds. While her body was recovering she needed as much rest as possible. She woke just before dawn, suddenly remembering where she was and why she was there. Groaning, she stretched a bit. It was a bit easier to handle moving and she was able to sit up, breathing deeply. She looked over to find Nathan on the floor. The blankets fell from her body but she didn't much care. The flesh was mended now. Just the blood was left to recover.

Looking over, NAthan had finally seen Sarah and smiled, remembering that he had saved her the night before. "Are you alright miss...?" He stood up and walked over to inspect her wounds. "They seem to be healed up quite nicely...surprising for such a short time...But I have one question thats been lingering on my mind since I met you, Sarah..." Nathan murmured and looked to her face. "Why was there so much...ice on your body when I found you? There is no snow here, and its the summer. Snow shouldn't be falling anywhere near here in the summer time. Its far too warm."

Sarah smiled softly at him and nodded. "The wounds must have been more shallow than I thought...I'm alright, just a little weak...and sore." She groaned as she moved once more, the muscles in her back and shoulder screaming in protest. "Very sore, actually." At the mention of snow she looked up at him and frowned. "Snow? I don't remember anything about snow...Are you quite sure there was ice?" she asked. Truthfully, the demon hadn't been aware of the ice. She'd been cold, certainly, but ice? That was quite an omen...

"Its too warm for either one to just form out of the blue." He said with a frown. "Quite an odd thing..." He murmured lightly to her as he stood up and helped her up as well. "Well...if you really want to come, lets go then. We have to get there soon. He'll be annoyed if I show up late again. Do you have everything you need before we go? Do you need to stop by the watering well or anything for a quick drink before we head off?"

"I would hate to bother you, but my clothes were destroyed in my escape...I don't suppose you've anything I could borrow?" She frowned and pulled the blanket around her a bit more.

Nathan frowned. "Oh yes...I forgot...I'm sorry I didn't give you any clothes last night for you to wear." He smiled to replace his frown and Nathan went to his room, rummaging through the different clothing that he had and eventually he found a shirt that would be a little big for her, but would be good enough for now. He also found some pants that he could give her, they would be roomy but they'd actually fit her. Coming back to the room, he laid the clothes down beside her. "Let me know if they don't feel right, okay? They may be a little too big for you but its the smallest I got."

"I'm grateful for what you've done for me," she said with a smile. "You needn't worry about a little thing like clothing after you've saved my life." With that, she took the clothing from him and turned away, letting the blankets completely fall as she pulled the shirt over her head. It was much too big, but it still covered her nicely. A few rolls of the sleeves and she was right as rain...well for the most part. Now that she was mostly covered, she slowly turned, flinching with the effort as she slid her legs over the side of the bed.

Carefully she bent over and pulled the pants on and up, rolling them at the waist and the leg. He was taller and broader than she was, but she was just happy to be wearing clothes, or so she said. She found something with which to fashion a belt and once everything was secure, she smiled. "I might slow you down a bit, but I'm ready," she said, waiting for him to lead her.

She planned on placing a hex on Nathan's brother. It would ensure his full cooperation in her scheme. If she ran into the woman, she would do the same. They would remain safe only if Nathan did her bidding, and then they would be in her power as well--however unknowing that may be.

"No bother. We've only a few houses to walk. This village is small and most of the farming is done within the walls." He replied to her as he helped her up and out of the house, leading her out toward his brother's farm. When he arrived, Nathan smiled as he greeted his brother, Darian, and introduced the two. "She'll just be here to watch...She didn't feel like staying home alone while she was just visiting. I hope you don't mind."

Sara nodded, limping a little as she walked, her legs not used to holding her yet. She was fine, but she'd walked quite a ways before getting here and she'd lost a good deal of blood. Seeing her chance she immediately charmed Darian, using what little of her demonic powers she could access in this state. She didn't have quite enough to hex him, but she wouldn't have to if she had his affection. "I promise, I'll stay out of the way," she said, hoping that was polite enough for them.

Nathan smiled and continued to help his brother out with the farm work, though Nathan never worked for more than an hour due to him needing to start patrols to help keep the town safe. A wall was only good for keeping things out, but the wall around the town still needed people to help watch it in case there were any weak points or if anyone would start to attack it. Soon enough, he said his good bye to his brother and walked out over to Sarah. "Are you ready to go? I hope you weren't bored to death watching us. Haha."

Despite their limited human forms, watching them work was actually quite enjoyable. Both men were handsome and strong, though his brother was more of a pawn. Her charm thoroughly wove its way into Darian and she smiled as she waved good bye, knowing that the instant she willed it, he would come to her. Sarah smiled at Nathan. "I'm fine, thank you. It wasn't boring at all--it was restful," she said with a smile. She stood up and moved carefully. "Thank you for allowing me to come with you," she said, wondering when she'd get her chance. She needed to feed off of someone wicked. If there was a jail here she'd be all set. Unfortunately she knew nothing of this place.

"Will you tell me about your town?" She asked. "I haven't traveled before, and I'm afraid I don't know much about this place."

"Our town? Well...Its a quiet little town...we're protected by makeshift barriers that keep out unwanted bandits and wildlife from attacking our crops and such. It would be a hassle without this wall, as there is hardly anyone here who can defend this place if it were open. I'm one of the few people here who actually know their way around a sword...everyone else, I've ordered to stay back with arrows and fire at anyone who attacks us or at any animals that begin to attack straying villagers or the walls. We have lots of farms here, and really everyone here is a friendly person who'll help you if you need it."

Back
Top Bottom