Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

Jugger82

Singularity
Nathan - Avatar

Nathan was a simple soldier in his Emperor's army, serving under him and thinking that he was doing the right thing. His hometown always had known Nathan to be a strong soldier of justice, always trying to uphold what was right and to right the wrongs of others in ways he deemed fit. However, his standing with the Emperor wasn't that good. The way things happened between the Emperor and some subjects he sentenced to Death for simply breaking some kitchenware...He had enough of it, and went AWOL from the army and fled to his hometown. Not like any of the other soldiers cared, but Nathan took his armor with him. Upon arriving home, he was greeted and welcomed and within the course of two weeks, converted his armor into something that resembles his heated passion for justice. It was not like what it was before, blazing red rather than simple silver steel.

Now four weeks has passed since he arrived home. He helped his brother with his farm work every now and then, he re-met the woman who he had hoped would be the girl of his dreams. They were the closest people to him now in his life, even if one of them did not know it and the other one took him from granted. However, one night when he returned from a patrol around the town, he noticed something in his yard. A trail of blood. It started in the yard and began toward his house. 'What...?' He drew his sword and began to follow the trial of blood into his house, wondering what it was.

Saraphim--that was what they'd called her as they first saw her coming to the village. She'd been mistaken for an angel at a distance. Oh how those foolish mortals had been mistaken. As soon as they saw the blood on her lips, the red gleam of her eyes, and the black wings sprouting from her back, they knew they'd been wrong. She was a beautiful creature, to be sure. Of course, that was when she wasn't in her beastly form. Her eyes held the look of a deranged cat, bloodthirsty and red. Her silver hair flowed behind her as she flew and her face contorted into something truly evil--maddening. Her fangs bared, she had taken the lives of every single villager, but in her bloodlust, she'd ignored the injuries they'd dealt to her in return. She was loosing blood and weakening by the time she'd flown to the next town.

With a rough landing and a serious wound, she'd dragged herself into the empty home. She collapsed in the middle of the floor, her human form crumpled there, the blood pooling around her. Her features became significantly more normal. She was naked and dying in the middle of the floor, her long silver hair covering her back. But her body was still marked with permafrost.

"Damn it..."

She went in and out of consciousness until she heard footsteps. She tried to turn over, her vision blurry as she looked up at him.

(Can you post your character image? Or not, your choice. I don't want to be a bother. :[ And the villager you speak of, can it be a different town? I think its best if the people of Nathan's village to not know of the creature at all.)

When Nathan saw the girl, his eyes widened. He felt a cold chill in the air when he found her. He wondered why, and noticed there was still some frosting on her body. But how? The weather wasn't cold enough for the weather to snow. He sheathed his sword and moved over to her, frowning as he held her in his lap and frowned. "Who did this? What happened?!" He did not know what she truly was. "Dammit, I'll catch the perps later...I need to help you. Dammit...!" He looked around and wondered what to do. He moved over and grabbed the blanket off of his futon and moved over to start using it to start wrap around her wound. "Dammit dammit...Don't you die on me..."

((Sorry, I knew I forgot to do something! Also, yeah, I sort of intended for the last village to be a different one. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I didn't fall asleep until 6 this morning, so yeah.))

The creature winced in pain as he picked her up off the ground. He didn't question who or what she was. He simply rushed to help her. Had she been a human, she would have taken solace in the fact that she was safe and that someone finally seemed to care about her. Being a demon she felt only relief that someone would heal her so she could go on living...to feed and destroy to her heart's content.

He was stopping the bleeding as best he could with a blanket, and she looked up at him, her startlingly blue eyes taking him in before she passed out completely. She wanted to stay awake--truly she did. She'd lost too much blood though, and even all that she'd fed on wasn't enough to keep her from weakening to the point of near-death. But someone was with her now, and he would take care of her. Still, her body remained partially frozen even through the blanket. It would stay that way, no matter what she did.

She was certain that once she woke up she'd have to answer questions, and as she drifted away from the waking world she began to formulate a plan.

(Lol. Until a few hours ago, I had literally stayed up for 24 hours and would've went on for longer if the power hadn't gone out at my house and the internet was down lol.)

When she seemed to pass out, he put his head to her chest and listened for a heartbeat. When he did, he pulled his head away from her and wiped away some frost that had gotten onto him and he began to rub her down, getting rid of the frost on her and still wondered exactly why she had this on her. She was cold but her heart was beating weakly. Picking her up, he moved her to the futon and laid her down and pulled out an extra blanket and laid it on her to keep her warm. Sitting down, he sighed and watched her for some minutes before getting up to remove his armor and proceed to cleaning up his house from the blood she had brought in.

Even though she was unconscious her body struggled to heal itself, the flesh mending slowly beneath the blanket. The effort of making more blood was taking up most of her energy, however, and she began to grow colder, a sure sign that the devil would claim her soul forever if she didn't get well soon. She was so close to death...but it wasn't quite her time. Not yet. Her body twitched, spasming with need and pain as she came back to herself.

Gasping for air, she willed her tortured body to sit up, but she was hopelessly tangled in the blankets and too weak to do much more than lift her head. She writhed in pain, gasping and moaning in agony, desperation filling her. Though she delighted in destruction, she, like all living creatures, feared her demise.

When he had seen her awaken, he walked over to her and sat down next to her, pushed her back down onto the futon lightly. "Stay down and rest. You've lost too much blood and you almost died if it weren't for me." He sighed and crossed his arms as he looked to her. "You left quite the mess in my house though...But enough of that. Tell me something. Who did this to you and why?" He was always making sure he got information before he acted so as to not doing something so rash that it was the wrong choice for him to make.

Powerless to do anything, she let him push her back onto the futon. Panting, she watched him, sweating and pale. Her chest rose and fell with obvious effort as she stared at him. Had she been human, she would have thought him to be handsome and kind. As the demon she was, she thought he might be of some use to her. He seemed determined to help her--protect her and nurse her back to health. And it wasn't as though she couldn't use that kind of help. Carefully, she parted her lips and rasped, "Water..."

"Water...? Water did this to you?" He shook his head at his stupidity. "Oh yeah...water..." He stood up and turned to walk toward a watering hole in the town and waited for his turn to start getting his share of water for that wait in line. He pulled his bucket out of the well, it was full of water, and went to walk toward his house with the bucket and soon laid it down next to her with a cup. He used the cup to scoop up the water and handed it to her. "Here...its fresh and cold."

She tried to move, but she didn't get far. "Can't...move," she murmured looking at him as he held the water out to her. She was much weaker than she'd thought. Frustrated with her weakness, at least she could use the human to give her what she needed. She looked up at him eyes pleading. "Please..."

Seeing how weak she was, Nathan frowned and nodded as he set the cup to his side and moved to have her lay against him, sitting upright at an angle to help her drink better as he held her and picked up the cup to help her drink it. Bringing the edge of the cup to her lips, he lifted it slightly to let the water start to flow into her mouth slowly until she did not want anymore, or until it was empty.

Her pride as a demon demanded that she scorn her weakness and his help, but since she was trying to play a human, she did her best to convey gratitude as she drank all the water he offered to her. Perhaps it was her weakness or the form she was in, but as he held her there, she felt...comforted. Or at the very least comfortable. He was warm and strong, and handsome as far as humans went. She could tell he was of the virtuous sort, however, so it would be difficult to take advantage of him to get her back to her peak by simply trying to manipulate him. She needed leverage of some sort. When the water was gone she pulled her lips away, licking them.

"Thank you...the village..." she closed her eyes as though she were traumatized, the bright blue orbs filled with fear as she acted. "Something horrible attacked...so many dead..." she closed her eyes and trembled, tears in her eyes as he held her. Until her own body had created enough blood of its own to make her well, she needed him to believe she was vulnerable. Given her state, it wasn't difficult to act in such a way.

"Village? A monster attack? You mean the one over?" He bit his lip. The only village that was closest to them was only about a mile away. If a monster was that close...they may be the next ones attacked. "I need you to calm down please...You have to calm down and tell me everything that happened and how you managed to escape...Every little bit of detail helps in this..."

She shook her head and started to hyperventilate, eyes wide with horror. "So much death..." Her eyes clamped shut and she seemed to struggle for composure. All, in all, she thought she was doing fairly well in convincing him. If her acting wasn't enough, his rather gullible and goodly nature was.

Nathan frowned at her and he held her close and began to rock her back and forth. "Sh...Sh...don't worry. You're safe here. You stay here as long as you need to...I'll make sure no...beast...kills the citizens of this village...Though I mustn't say a thing...chaos would ensue if I told them of some...murderous beast roaming the area." He sighed. "Keep quiet about this and if anyone asks...You're an old friend of mine from the Kingdom."

The woman nodded, realizing she'd need a name soon enough. Her demon form had no name--or if it had, it was lost to her now. She'd have to make one up if he asked her. In the mean time, he seemed concerned with soothing her and keeping her safe. So gullible...humans who cared for one-another were rare, though, and she was reminded that those with wicked hearts gave her more strength through their blood than pure souls. They still made quite a snack, however.

She sobbed into his chest, real tears escaping her as he held her and rocked her. He might have been an easy mark, but she was a pretty good actress, if she did say so herself. Now then, she'd need to find a way to keep him wrapped around her finger awhile longer. For now she didn't question him or say anything else. Gathering her thoughts so quickly when she was in despair seemed like a poor reflection of the human state. So she just went on acting frightened and sad. After awhile, though, she calmed down, still looking a bit traumatized.

"My offer still stands...okay...?" He patted her shoulder as she still laid against him and laid her back down on the futon gently. "Just stay here for as long as you need. I'll take care of you alright? Just don't get so worked up. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, alright?" He chuckled and patted her head gently. "Go ahead and sleep. My room is next door if you need me, alright miss...uh...Miss..." He frowned and put his hand to his chin as he seemed to be in thought, trying to remember whether or not she had given him her name through her panicking. "Miss...What was your name again...?"

She let him comfort her, suspecting that it was more out of a need he had to care for others than to comfort her. But then, who was she to care why? "Thank you, sir..." she closed her eyes as she lay back down and let him touch her. It was kind of a nice touch for a human...at least she knew where he slept. Interesting developments all around. When he asked her name, she was ready. The humans had mistakenly called her Seraphim. "My name is Sarah," she said, looking up at him. "What is yours, so I might keep you in my prayers?"

"Sorry ma'am but I'm not very religious so that doesn't really...matter much to me. But I'll still tell you my name. You may call my Nathan..." He smiled to her. "Don't be afraid to ask me anything. I'm here to aid you. Alright?" He didn't really know what else to say. He felt embarrassed in this situation and sort of wanted to just sleep so he could figure out what to do with her in the morning. "Do you need anything...Um...Sarah?"

Ah, a man without faith was usually much easier to break, regardless of his moral code. "Will you stay with me until I can sleep?" she asked, knowing the extra time with him would mean that his bond to her would strengthen since she was so vulnerable.

"Well...Alright...but miss, don't get any ideas about us or anything okay...?" He smiled gently as he looked away. "There's this other girl of mine I have my eyes on...Ha..." He shook his head to break from his train of thought and moved to lay down with her on the futon. "You need anything else?"

She blushed a deep red as he told her not to get any ideas, and that there was another woman he had his eye on. "Oh no, sir. You needn't stay in bed with me, Nathan. I just don't think I can be alone in a room until I'm asleep," she looked away from him, looking vulnerable and a little ashamed. Her mind was already working on how to find this woman and use her connection to Nathan to her advantage.

"Oh. Well if thats the case, then don't mind me." He said with a smile as he stood up and moved to sit in a chair and smiled. "I'll be here until you sleep...Okay? Then I need to get some sleep because I need to go and help my brother in the farm tomorrow. I hope you'll be alright alone here for a bit. I doubt you'd want to come and just watch some guys work on a field." He yawned slightly and leaned back in his chair, tired as he was starting to fall asleep right there.

Sarah smiled softly and watched as Nathan moved to a chair. Using her femininity to ensnare him wouldn't be possible, but perhaps she could entice his brother. "I'd much rather go to the fields if I'm well enough. I don't want to be by myself," she said, her expression worried. "Is it alright if I come with you?" she asked, watching him.

"Yeah. I'm not going to keep you locked up in the house like you're some sort of animal...I'm fine with you coming if you want to." He smiled to her and yawned before leaning back in the chair, falling asleep immediately, the day having been long and he just wanted to have a good night's rest. When morning would come, he would have fallen out of the chair and onto the floor. Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes with a loud yawn, forgetting that Sarah was there.

Back
Top Bottom