Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Punk meets "-topia" (a group rp concept)

Ruphhausin

Supernova
What happens when the upsides of both a "utopia" and cyberpunk meet and the down sides .. dystopia married to the drawbacks of the same cyberpunk world.. still exist but outside of the societies that are productive and thriving??

The idea is one that seems played out in table top and here online... but the difference is that the spiral into uncontrolled descent has been lessened and outright stopped in many ways.. or has it??

The world, and the societies within, do not attempt to oppress but instead opened themselves to the idea that the greatest experiment.. a nation built on the ideal of "life, liberty, and pursuit of happienes" when balanced... does work when done with the truly best intentions. A steady, fluctuating, and at times uneasy balance reached, the world hasn't become a totally peaceful one united world.. rather many of the things that were still exist but on a different scale. People are judged for who they really are and what they really do, or the attempt is made.

The abuse of the PlanetNet, both of self and others, is a criminal act. Where the weapons of mass destruction of the past are unthinkable, using the Net in such a way is beyond sinister. Crimes go above the physical, and in a world where BDSM is accepted and even in some societies an excepted sub-culture and even culture all its own... they go beyond the scarring.

Law enforcement is strict on the real crimes, and in this world downloads are seen as not even small potatoes in comparison. If justice cannot be found on the Net, in the community, or in the cell... then the only choice for the new breeds of criminals to be dealt with is on the escalating scale of Isolation. Some, seeing the forest for the trees before anything criminal happens, volunteer for short periods of isolation. Six month increments pass by fast, especially when the Disconnect was sought either by themselves or after Intervention. Some lessen their Connection willingly.. some go further with even a few forsaking the Net large-scale or becoming Wraths where they get the special privilege of Tracelessness.

The real predators.. the criminals.... The Neurorrapists.. these are the ones that get the worst of the punishment. Outside of the societies, they have shown that their minds are too suspect eve in Isolation at times.. and they get what they should. Deprivation is the last scale, and Total is the only way. They try and find ways around it, as some of their number have found ways to become Specters or Poltergeists on the Net.. using outdated and in some cases beyond obsolete tech to do so... but they open the door not on themselves to be punished further... but all who are around them.. as how would they get the tech without help....

If this idea interests you, please let me know as soon as possible and I will be glad to share more on the idea.

I'm assuming some levels of tech are considered all right then as a whole for any one individual to be exposed to on a daily basis. And then there are levels that are deemed too high or bordering too high and this is what then labels them as those needing the 'isolation'? Those perhaps fearing they need it (and aren't true criminals) are the volunteers?

Also, are there reasons as to why tech is considered criminal? Is it addictive in the sense that it is today? Like how people can get addicted to gaming or what have you or is it because there are means that it can hook into the brain somehow (ala 'Strange Days' with those 'experiences' and what have yous)? And obviously I can see how it's a deal with serious criminals and predators who use the net as a means of stalking prey and the like. That happens even now.

Anyway, seems like an interesting idea so far. Very dark and intriguing concept and I'd like to hear a bit more on it. Obviously to my questions above and also about the 'isolation' idea. How does that work? When people are 'isolated' where are they placed exactly? Do they suffer withdrawals? Is it similar to rehab facilities of today or something different? Are people of varying degrees of tech deprivation and/or crime placed together or in separation isolation areas? If separated, what are the chances that an accident might occur and they are placed in the wrong area?

Yep....... lotsa questions, lolol.

Back
Top Bottom