Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mass Effect: Interest Check

What should happen to the Citadel

• Remain in its original location

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep to ME3 plot with the citadel

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Other System Location

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Sanoci

Bloody Heart Shaped- Box
The amount of people fascinated with this series has astonished me personally, especially the community that stood up when they felt they wronged by Bioware and EA concerning how they handled the finished product of the end of Commander Shepard story. For the Sci-fi lovers and those who simply love Mass Effect I present the idea with help from the awesome Defiant.Anjeru to formulate a spectacular roleplay that could display the essence of the series with the freedom to forge characters, plots, and more that I admit is absent from video games since we can only go so far.

Compared to many roleplays I desire input from those wishing to partake, reshaping the universe and of course creating an environment enticing for all within it. Nothing at this time is absolute with the exception of the timeline being set years after ME3 with Commander Shepard sacrificing himself to defeat the reapers, perhaps a decade or two later. Yes, for those who played all the games, we are ignoring the controversial ending to make it possible to have adventures spanning across the universe.

For worlds and whatnot we have the Mass Effect Wiki filled with information from planets, species, weaponry, and more.

Masseffect.wikia.com

We look forward to any and all input, and your interest. :)

I like the idea of using the citadel as a point of plot conflict, however, because a human saved the entire galaxy from the threat of the Reapers, I believe much of the galaxy's biased toward humans may be less more substantial than before.

wildkat said:
Or you could say they were stopped for the time being but. came back to attack again

Interesting theory..... If one does enough study into Indoctrination, one would find that even the Extended Cut endings aren't quite... satisfactory. Think about it- Indoctrination is a slow, subtle process that, over time, the subject may not even realize it has happened, as with Paul Grayson, Matriarch Benezia, The Illusive Man, and most obviously Saren Arterius. If for any reason Shepard was indoctrinated while up there on the citadel during the final battle, perhaps none of those endings we were given REALLY happened, and we WOULD be free to make our own canon, for the sake of the RP.

RaidenTheRipper said:
*Spoilers? I don't know if this counts, but whatever.*
I'm actually in favor of the idea of migrating the citadel, the heart of galactic society, to someplace other than the Reaper-chosen Widow Nebula, actually. Put it on a planet or something? That'd probably be cheaper than doing zero-g construction on a place that is really just a giant deathtrap, when you think about it.
*End*

We don't have to bind the roleplay completely to just one ending, or even to bioware's chosen endings at all.
Why have the Relays be destroyed? Why wipe out the Geth and all other artificial intelligence? And why spare the reapers, and by enslaving them? They are unified in purpose and will, and are wholly malignant. That's like just plopping a serial killer in the countryside and hoping they don't decide to come back.
Or, like Kat suggested, maybe have Shepard's will fail, or be corrupted (though I feel that would be a way of making the games feel futile), and have the reapers return to try and complete the cycle.

I can actually see giving a council seat (This is in reply to Sanoci's earlier post), to most of the species in the galaxy, excepting the Drell, due to low population, the Vorcha, due to their lack of any true, governing body, and the Batarians, because they are so low in population, now, that they're likely an endangered species.

I agree with this- why limit the Citadel to a floating station in the Widow System? Why not move it to another part of known space, or even have it in direct orbit over a habitable planet for most life forms- obviously the Volus may be a bit screwed when it comes to an Oxygen/Nitrogen rich atmosphere, but almost every other race in known space could survive on said planet. It could be used as civilian/politician/refugee housing while the bulk of the citadel could be a true Galactic seat of Politics- uncluttered with shopping and tourist attractions, and used for whatever purpose the reigning governments deem the space station fit at the time. Just a thought. I should work on that a little more, but I feel like something is there.

Defiant.Anjeru said:
We were simply going to ignore the fact that the relays were destroyed; also, unless they expanded upon it in the Extended Cut, the Destroy ending was supposed to kill Shepard too, the God-Child even says so. But he lived - if your EMS was high enough - so that led some to believe that the God-Child was flat out lying to your face about it destroying all synthetic life(unless it just killed off Shepard's synthetic parts, though Shepard needed extensive synthetics to be brought back, so it's led to believe he'd/she'd die without them).

Either ending is fine by me, or Raiden's general idea of somewhat mixing the endings; the nice thing about a roleplay like this is we aren't strictly bound by the game's story or endings.

I like the thought of having the relays active. it means there's no loss of communcation with those in orbit around distant stars, and easy access throughout the entire universe.

Well, even without the Extended Cut endings, if you choose the Destroy ending, just before the credits roll you see Shepards N7 armor chest piece lying still for a few seconds before it moves and you hear a sharp breath- my theory is that the "Destroy" ending IS what Bioware meant as canon and that Shepard is alive, if only barely. Sadly, this would kill off the Geth, and being a fan of the autonomous synthetic species, I dislike this ending, even if Shepard is implied to be alive.

That was a spoiler. This is filler text.
Sanoci said:
Maybe its my bias, but couldn't see the sentient jellyfish and talking elephants with a monotone with council seats. They have to given great contributions to even gain the position. Humankind got its best recognition with taking out the Reapers and just how they have rose in elevation so quickly. Hell realistic no one may get into council, though could see more embassies for those who were closed before getting reopened like Krogan and Quarians. Batarians closed their embassy in protest at the Council's 'preferential treatment' of humans.

Sounds like everyone is in favored of an alternate version of destroy the reapers by offering him/herself without killing all Synthetics and relay. We probably should discuss more on how the Citadel has turned out since the war. Anyone who played ME3 knows what happens to it before the end game, though I ponder things like where it is now, government,etc.

Boo

Use spoiler tags for spoilers, its 100% easier to not accidentally read it. Please and thank you!

Grammar..... Grammar... Grammar... Grammar. I swear in the years I've known you it has never stopped irking me.

Anyways, as for the council government, I feel like one of the smartest things to do would be to assess which races have the largest contributions and resources to help with reconstruction of the Citadel in order to decide a council. 20 years is nothing on a galactic timeline (look at what happened in the ME games in less than 10 years- form Saren and the Geth to the Collectors to the Reaper Invasion) so a way of weighing resources and assets to determine council eligibility would make sense for a temporary solution- nothing permanent, not until the Citadel were to be restored at least. If I were to cast my vote, I'd say you NEED the Humans (obvious reasons), Turians (Military might), Krogan (with Wrex in charge, the Krogan reconrstuction of Tuchanka would be a worthwhile effot to invest in, sepecially for the business-savvy Volus. That, and they are the ultimate Shock Troopers), Volus (Banks, money, economics), Salarians (Data/ Espionage) and, while I am sure this will be met with opposition, the Quarians. I say this because IF we decide that Rannoch was retaken and the Geth had become independent personalities (Ultimate paragon decisions), the Quarians, as the architects of the Geth, are the universe's most advanced mechanics and engineers. In the novels, it was established that shortly before the Reaper Invasion the Quarians were given somethign RESEMBLING an Embassy on the citadel, so this is not too foreign a concept to have a Quarian councilor.

Traveller said:
Ah, beautiful character creation, how much I love thee...

In order to develop a plot, I would first suggest an object of conflict, the citadel, as sir Sanoci suggested, could be just that. Currently, all major powers are weakened, even two decades are not going to repair all the damage done by the Reapers, but mankind has

The Citadel in its homesystem, the galactic seat of power that was once situated on mostly neutral grounds, is now standing right there in the Sol-system, which might irk those who have already earlier been irked by mankind's rapid rise to power. A possible source of conflict worthy of discussion.

Perhaps, another subject of discussion might be what remains of Cerberus, though that might be a negligible amount.

Another idea I had was, as suggested earlier, the yahg. Around them we could have something like a side-quest, at least. Currently, the galaxy is rebuilding and now finally has time to get back to earlier things, like making first contacts. Of course, in the case of the yahg, first contact already happened and ended with the slaughter of the diplomats sent by the Council. Now, the current powers of the galaxy might be interested in pacifying the yahg, as primitive as they currently are, they are highly agressive and brutal. Of course, they would not be able to stand against a full-scale war against even a single of the other species, which is why I would propose us to be part of the last diplomatic attempt before some sort of military retaliation.

I like the thought of the Yahg as a perceptible threat. If they were to somehow develop space travel technology, their barbarous ways could prove to be a massive problem for the galaxy at large. The Shadow Broker himself was a massive prick to kill, and that was just ONE Yahg- probably not even all too strong in the Yahg social order if he willingly left the planet to follow some traveller from the stars as a pet/servant.

As to a PERMANENT enemy though, I have no idea where to begin. I don't think Cerberus is a viable option- they relied almost 100% on the Illusive Man's assets and funding, and with him out of the picture, it's like cutting the head off of a snake. Sure, there may be small pockets of resistance and rogue Cerberus cells, but without a clear objective, leadership, funding, or any real reason to even exist they are almost in imperceptible threat, realistically speaking.

I have been toying with ONE idea however. Much like the way that errant Reaper technology infected and eventually destroyed Paul Grayson and Saren Arterius form within, what if this was to be one sort of 'side quest' we could offer- a person (any race) discovers some reaper tech, gets mutated into some mindless killing machine, and (though it would be a ridiculously tough battle for those involved) the reward for being contracted to eliminate this threat would be an astronomical amount of credits- credits which can be used to buy and upgrade new weapons, armor, and even make investments for which the player can have their character make money in the future with.

Thoughts? ideas? Comments? I know this is not my RP, but I'm excited to get back into it after almost 3, 4 years of being in a sort of dry spell of original content.

Don't worry about it not being your rp; the idea of this thread is to gather us all together for various ideas. Personally, I love an rp that has multiple voices adding input and content. *nod nod*

I like your idea about the little side quest. Sounds pretty neat actually, I'm intrigued.

As for a big foe for our rp to be fighting against, perhaps we don't need one straight off the starting line - we would have an OOC thread(probably this very thread once the actual rp is started) that would continue as the rp progresses to where we could contribute and discuss plot devices and the like; our characters have to find an intertwining link that draws them all together, I think that would be the main issue straight off is how we would all be connected.

What about a growing black market for salvaged reaper-tech, also the galaxy's forces starting to research said tech more and more. What effects could that have on the galaxy?
I personally like the idea of 'reaper-tech-addicts', semi-indoctrinated to fully-indoctrinated criminals who are desperately hunting for any sort of reaper-tech to incorporate into themselves, becoming less and less organic and sane in the process.

Another possibility: A new Krogan uprising, which will most certainly happen if they are led by Wreav.

I placed a lil poll to get a better picture towards something, probably keep it hanging for at least 48 hours so those frequently watching this thread can give their input which may help with the Post-ME3 universe. I personally don't feel compelled to have a big foe, instead at least initially focused more on the environment and have its occasional adversaries like slavers, terrorist, etc.

Salvaged reaper tech will already be involved, dunno how much would be gathered but mostly its governments/militarizes will seize it. Otherwise its perfectly legit to see the black market involved since they have their fingers in practically everything.. just like the information brokers.

We'll definitely need to discuss and rationalize things like council seats and etc. Though we have the perks of establishing our own thing, it seems almost unanimous to acknowledge the major choices made throughout the games.

Why do theonly 2 options we have with the poll have to be either the ME3 location or back in the Widow system?

I suiggest we take a vote to decide on the citadel's state and location rather than the 2 options the poll gives us.

Wait, so let me get this straight.... you're saying... that I, Joker, me, the person typing this post, actually gave an idea people like that doesn't involve copious amounts of oil and a leather belt, and they're agreeing with it!?

Everything is going better than I expected. :D

I think I agree with sir Sanoci, a great big looming threat is not yet needed, but rather let us give our characters time to solve quests, first minor stuff like taking down pirates, get money and improve in terms of gear, pretty much first get a hang of the setting and all.

In order to get our characters together for GREAT QUESTAN, I would propose this: The galactic governments, in an effort to strengthen their inter-diplomatic ties, create mixed-species groups for special missions. We would form exactly one such group.

Besides that, I also wholeheartedly agree with sir Millenium Joker on his idea on a 'super-powered' reaper-tech-addict (I think I am going to refer to the latter from now on as 'RTA's) who builds him/herself up as a major villain of sorts.

Ah, my battle-brothers and battle-sisters. In search for answers to our questions, I made myself ready for a grand quest. Thus, on my proud horse, Llamrei, I braved the wastes of /b/, invaded the deepest pits of /d/ in search of the oracle of /tg/. Many a kingdom that perpetrated evil fell as I led the down-trodden against their opressors. I made friendships, I gained allies and villainy fled wherever we tread.

Thus, after an almost ten-minute long search, one of the likes skalds shall tell in the following ages to herald the everlasting existence of GOODNESS!!!, I found the grand oracle of /traditional games/ in all its ancient glory. On my knees I begged this tool of divination, recounted all the hardships I had to endure and finally, it accepted my pleas.

BEHOLD! THE WORDS OF /tg/!

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:09 No.19806438 If you're going from the Destroy option, why not the Vorcha?

Here's what I mean- it's established that Vorcha could, were their lifetimes expanded, evolve indefinitely. What if small groups of Vorcha found their way onto the demolished hulks of dead Reapers scattered across the galaxy and found a way to at least partially reactivate them? They're no longer horrific biomechanical threats- the Reapers are just extremely powerful but heavily damaged dreadnought wrecks.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:11 No.19806456 >>19806438
So, the Vorcha reactivate some of the indoctrination and conversion systems, systems which have just enough power to remove the threat of the Vorcha's short lifespans. Over the next several decades, the long-lived Vorcha colonies grow and prosper, becoming massively more intelligent as they evolve over and over again.

Eventually, the Terminus Systems are attacked by a ramshackle fleet of gigantic looted Reapers, crewed by millions and millions of hyperevolved biomechamical Vorcha looking to free the rest of their race from slavery and oppression.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:14 No.19806478 Well, how about Protheans?
Javik showed that the Protheans could still have existed in small pockets, imagine what would happen if a whole bunch of them survived near Dark Space and they came back with a full empire?
And if you combine this with >>19806438

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:15 No.19806489 >>19806456
And another thought- if you're going to go for the post-apoc feel, play up the looted idea. Everyone in the galaxy is low on resources and materiel to fight a new war, so people start improvising. Many militaries are increasingly using gear and spacecraft kludged together from whatever they can find. Heck, people might even start getting inspiration from the Super-Vorcha. If all you have is a damaged cruiser hull with no weapons and a damaged reaper hull with no engines, mash them together to create a functional ship.

I'd imagine in this scenario that the Quarians would do quite well for themselves (if they survived), given their talent for inspired improvisation.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:18 No.19806517 >>19806478
Vorcha-guy here. Hell yes. BUT. To add to the stakes. What if the Protheans have the machinery, but not the manpower? So, they use their high technology to fill in the gaps in their population. End result, a tiny, very well-equipped Prothean population leading an army of drone warships and robots. Just as the galaxy is getting used to the idea of living in harmony with artificial life, a new power that relies on machinery to conquer shows up and throws off the balance entirely.

I think if you're going for post-apoc you should play down the cosmic horror aspect of the Reapers and play up the high-tech elements.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:23 No.19806560 >>19806148

>new Krogan uprising

Shit, you've got me on a roll here.

I would play the Krogan as something like 1920s Germany. They've got a huge reserve of fighting men out of the armed forces, their homes are wrecked, and suddenly they're discovering that they can rebuild their society from an entirely blank slate. End result; an increasingly anti-military and experimental Krogan society, with the krogan drive for combat directed to other pursuits. Krogans are insistent that they have the BEST artists, the BEST scientists, the BEST everything, because anything is better than the destruction of war. The rest of the galaxy is having trouble dealing with/understanding a Krogan race that is trying to completely redifine itself, and taking that redefinition in a lot of strange directions.

This could, of course, lead to lots of interesting conflicts with Krogan traditionalists trying to fight against the demilitarization of their society. Krogan have long memories, after all.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:24 No.19806567 >>19806542
I think for that you would have to make it a sort of collective reaper. The vorcha remake the citadel in a sense by mashing a few dozen reapers together
>>Anonymous
07/09/12(Mon)14:26
No.19806587
Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:26 No.19806587 >>19806542
>>19806567
Maybe they think it's a Reaper, or the small group of intelligent Vorcha use the idea of a new, pro-Vorcha Reaper as a rallying point for the masses. I'd stay away from just bringing back the same enemy, myself.
>>Anonymous
07/09/12(Mon)14:28
No.19806602
Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)14:28 No.19806602 >>19806587
Oh it wouldn't be a proper citadel or reaper but it would act as a sort of hub for them is what I was thinking

It is still dead as far as being a reaper but it serves as a collective place for them to control their ships from or maybe reactivate one of the major weapons from the old reapers.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)15:12 No.19806955 >>19806698
Okay, starting with the New Krogan. With the Genophage gone the galactic Krogan population is basically undergoing a baby boom. There are young, rebellious twenty-something Krogan everywhere, doing things no one Krogan would expect to do. They're composing music, they're being merchants. Basically, every gap left by the decline of another population is being filled by Krogan teenagers. In game terms, this provides great character opportunities and chances for humour. The Krogan diaspora is vastly expanded and extremely varied.

It's been established, at least with Grunt, that young Krogan are intensely curious and quick learners. Work with that. Little groups of Krogan are picking up all kinds of things from various cultures. You have Krogan learning Asari martial arts. Krogan strippers. Zoot-suit wearing 1930s gangster Krogan who have watched one too many old Earth movies.

Tuchanka itself is rebuilding at a record pace, but the entire planet is pretty haphazard. Everyone is inventing new styles of architecture and design, and there is a massive need for new living space. Think the expansion of 1950s suburbia combined with the experimental architecture of the 20s and 30s. Krogan are living in planned utopian communities next to Human-styled arcopolises next to traditional subsistence farming communities.

The same variety applies to Krogan politics. With the unifying of the clans to fight the Reapers comes the collapse of the traditional military order. There are dozens if not hundreds of major political parties with vastly different ideologies and beliefs all vying for power. At the same time, however, Krogan militarism isn't dead- the conflicts of clan warfare have been turned into political conflicts. It's like the Chinese Civil War with even more factions and a higher standard of living.
>>Anonymous
07/09/12(Mon)15:14
No.19806981
Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)15:14 No.19806981 >>19806955
The key with the New Krogan is variety. They are always trying new things, always travelling in different directions. They are still unified by their common Tuchankan heritage, but most of them are rapidly moving away from that.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)15:20 No.19807049 >>19806698

The Mechavorcha (for lack of a cooler name) are just as much about variety, but whereas Krogan are about expanding their horizons, the Mechavorcha are all about testing their limits. With the Reaper technology expanding their lifetimes, high intelligence has become a required evolutionary trait for them. However, they lack wisdom or a cultural canon. Most Vorcha have known nothing but suffering and brutality, and their response to this is naturally quite reactionary.Vorcha respond best to violence, but Mechavorcha have replaced the chaos of their previous existence with heavily regimented technocracy. They are far too aware that chaos leads to destruction, but they do not yet appreciate that they now have the capacity to move beyond violence.

As a result, Vorcha society is a strict gerontocracy, with superiority coming from age, and by extension number of evolutionary shifts. Younger Vorcha may have one or two powerful traits, but their elders are practically super-beings, capable of surviving in any environment and basically resistant to death.

Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)15:29 No.19807159 >>19807049
Essentially, Mechavorcha are D&D-style Goblins, on a much larger scale. Because they can survive just about anything, they lack a sense of caution and restraint. They experiment without limit, building new things. They're intensely xenophobic, and carry on their species' tradition of looting what they cannot steal. They've spent their entire existence ground under the boot of others, but now they've found subservience in a higher power- the ghosts of the dead Reapers. They are masters of unimaginable power, but they cannot but advance the Vorcha. The perfect bosses, in other words. Mechavorcha are aggressive, curious and destructively inventive as individuals, but perfectly coordinated and disciplined as a society.

As for their technology, make it somewhat Orky. They have the same aptitude for looting as the Orks, but they're a lot smarter and better organized. This leads to somewhat ramshackle designs brought on by a lack of adequate materials, not adequate knowledge. Mechavorcha don't really understand the concept of trade or exchange with other species, so they just reverse-engineer what they steal. This leads to a lot of peculiar engineering and technology, like primitive fusion piles powering Reaper magnetohydrodynamic technology, or interstellar spaceships that use solid-fuelled rocket propulsion.

Maybe a major mechavorcha plot point is that their society has finally reached a point of self-sufficiency? They can start flooding the galaxy with their own spaceships and technologies. In other words, they've learned to stop imitating and start manufacturing.

>>Anonymous
07/09/12(Mon)15:31
No.19807194
Anonymous 07/09/12(Mon)15:31 No.19807194 Consider this.

There are probably pockets of reaper ground forces left in the galaxy. Hypothetically the reaper tech inside each unit can network like geth.

Reaper forces in a particularly resource rich outpost establish a covert base. Using the genetics of the organisms converted to create themselves they begin construction of a new multi-species reaper.

This reaper with the genetics of a multitude of species and unburdened by the citadel AI but with a strong sense of self preservation starts diplomatic relations with some of the more disenfranchised races in the mass effect universe.

Forms alliances with Vorcha, remnant batarians etc... leading to war against the weakened council races led by a reaper that people can actually sympathise with.

Should make for some interesting moral dilemmas.

That's.... impressive. Much more text than I care to read at the moment (STARVING!) but I will get to it tonight. However......

You broke rules 1 and 2.

I am disappoint.

I admit in the past thought about the Vorcha as a possible antagonist. Based on ME2 they were willing to align themselves with the Collectors to improve their quality of life. Still feel we do not need a main enemy, but strengthening this scavenging, yet primitive race.

Do remember after the adaptability they no longer evolve as a species. A vorcha that is cut or burned will adapt to have thicker skin. The lungs of a vorcha placed in a barely-breathable atmosphere will adapt to better use the gases there. A vorcha subjected to high gravity will quickly develop stronger heart and leg muscles. Non-differentiated vorcha cell clusters do replenish themselves, but the process is slow. Generally, vorcha can only adapt to a single environment within their brief lives. However, what cells are replaced allow them to heal rapidly, and even to regrow lost limbs over a period of months.

Scavenging habits may allow them to acquire some reaper tech, but another possibility is Collectors start experimenting on them and the remnants of Cerberus being all SCIENCE would possibly want to utilize the healing factor of Vorcha, yet considering they are basically pest to everyone start doing similar experiments they did on their soldiers. With the low life-span increasing not sure, but going bio-synthetic like Shepard anything possible with Mass Effect version of Goblins.

That is all I have for right now, though we should keep our conversations to 2-3 topics top to not jump around with too many discussions. Granted this was referring to Reaper tech, meaning we haven't strain too far out there xD .

That's what i was gonna say. Vorcha are often accredited to being akin to earthworms in that they have a cluster of neoblast cells that, as Sanoci pointed out, allow them to adapt really only once to their surroundings. I mean, a headshot is gonna put it down for sure, but if it can survive having its skin torn off the skin will grow back thicker and more resilient, but that's about it as far as natural upgrades without technological help go.

It is a fascinating idea none the less. Bloodpack alone showed that through their grueling ordeal that Vorcha disciplined through these Krogan were stronger, faster, smarter, and more resilient than other members of the race. Now if say Reaper tech or any real augmentation occurs maybe they can adapt to more than one environment, hell maybe substitute adaptability to one area, then it resets in every new environment. Now I imagine them becoming Doomsday expy xD

Someone head shots a Vorcha, yet it was a miracle it survived becoming building a strong layer that cannot even penetrate through its skull xD

Wall of text. My eyes! *rubs at them furiously*

As for the general ideas of it; most of it sounded good to me. I like the younger Krogans learning from other cultures and, in a sense, being more like us various races since they no longer are inhibited by the Genophage. Mechavorcha...oh man, those thing were a pain in the ass before now - I am wary of making them unstoppable. Haha.

Defiant.Anjeru said:

As for the general ideas of it; most of it sounded good to me. I like the younger Krogans learning from other cultures and, in a sense, being more like us various races since they no longer are inhibited by the Genophage. Mechavorcha...oh man, those thing were a pain in the ass before now - I am wary of making them unstoppable. Haha.

Dunno about mechavorcha, but maybe a lil evolution thanks to tech might be fun. Hell if very bored could have one become literally the new villain seeking to destroy all because of the treatment of his kin. Though I am curious could the Vorcha engineered through a secondary party on part of their population cause the whole Reaper tech ban similiar to AI[ BTW think should be uplifted since the Geth are allies now and EDI example of AI not trying to kill u ]

Sanoci said:
Defiant.Anjeru said:

Dunno about mechavorcha, but maybe a lil evolution thanks to tech might be fun. Hell if very bored could have one become literally the new villain seeking to destroy all because of the treatment of his kin. Though I am curious could the Vorcha engineered through a secondary party on part of their population cause the whole Reaper tech ban similiar to AI[ BTW think should be uplifted since the Geth are allies now and EDI example of AI not trying to kill u ]

They probably wouldn't repeal the whole law just out of a few examples of AI that aren't homicidal to their creators, or all other organic beings; perhaps just not as judgmental now, that attitude of the cultures toward AI wouldn't be as close minded as simply "kill it before it kills us".

Though I chatted about it briefly and wasn't too serious about it I imagined Harbinger not being gone completely. Essentially the core with the thousands of programs meshed together for say his AI or whatever was scavenged.. but the mistake was installing it into a simple mech. The end result was a more sentient machine and has become humanoid mini-reaper. Other process was pretty much making it a Supercomputer like Fallout 3 President Eden. For the most part it was a concept that burrowed into my skull, though for villain possibilities it wasn't that terrible .

Sanoci said:
Though I chatted about it briefly and wasn't too serious about it I imagined Harbinger not being gone completely. Essentially the core with the thousands of programs meshed together for say his AI or whatever was scavenged.. but the mistake was installing it into a simple mech. The end result was a more sentient machine and has become humanoid mini-reaper. Other process was pretty much making it a Supercomputer like Fallout 3 President Eden. For the most part it was a concept that burrowed into my skull, though for villain possibilities it wasn't that terrible .

Just so you know, it looks like a future DLC had already been leaked- Leviathan, a rogue reaper (Sovereign class) is gonna be made a war asset and ally to Shepard in a future DLC, so the theory of Harbinger not being totally dead isn't too far fetched.

As to the idea I poked at earlier, here goes. What if, say we establish that Shepard chose to control the reapers. What if, when he was in the Cerberus labs at the Lazarus Project, Cerberus kept samples of his DNA? The reapers, during their attack, had managed to retrieve the DNA samples and had been working on cloning a fully functional, reaper-obedient clone of the Commander? This modified, almost indestructable reaper Shepard would be the primary antagonist after a time, eventually trying to undo all the progress and good the real Shepard had done? The idea need clarification and more detail, I know, but I'm typing this stressed for time.

Back
Top Bottom