Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mass Effect: Interest Check

What should happen to the Citadel

• Remain in its original location

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep to ME3 plot with the citadel

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Other System Location

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Sanoci

Bloody Heart Shaped- Box
The amount of people fascinated with this series has astonished me personally, especially the community that stood up when they felt they wronged by Bioware and EA concerning how they handled the finished product of the end of Commander Shepard story. For the Sci-fi lovers and those who simply love Mass Effect I present the idea with help from the awesome Defiant.Anjeru to formulate a spectacular roleplay that could display the essence of the series with the freedom to forge characters, plots, and more that I admit is absent from video games since we can only go so far.

Compared to many roleplays I desire input from those wishing to partake, reshaping the universe and of course creating an environment enticing for all within it. Nothing at this time is absolute with the exception of the timeline being set years after ME3 with Commander Shepard sacrificing himself to defeat the reapers, perhaps a decade or two later. Yes, for those who played all the games, we are ignoring the controversial ending to make it possible to have adventures spanning across the universe.

For worlds and whatnot we have the Mass Effect Wiki filled with information from planets, species, weaponry, and more.

Masseffect.wikia.com

We look forward to any and all input, and your interest. :)

Again, Sanoci and I are both interested in getting a Mass Effect group roleplay going. So we already have two willing participants. We are open to all sorts of ideas and questions, so shoot~ This is what this thread is for.

Part of the thrill I wish to be instilled is the idea of new elements in an already vast universe that has extensive information. The front page of the thread will be edited periodically with ongoing topics, plot ideas, organizations and more. To engage those reading and possibly participating we shall start with something fun.

The Citadel

Before going any further I oblige to have the common courtesy to put spoiler tags on anything pertaining to the Citadel in ME3 in case for some reason they have yet to play the game, otherwise anything from the other entries is free to discuss at least for the time being. Of course the Mass Effect wiki is great in case one wishes to read upon anything related to the games plus the novels/comics.

Oh, gods yes. Oh, gods yes. I would gladly join in with this, if you two will permit me. I know Anjeru's a great roleplayer, and I assume that you are, as well, Sanoci. Hopefully there'll be more people willing to jump in on this...
Assuming that Shepard's sacrifice was to eradicate the reapers, the roleplay could focus upon a war between the galaxy at large and, perhaps, the yahg, since the games did not expand much upon them, or perhaps upon another contact war, similar to the Rachni War, Or the first Contact War/Relay 314 incident/ Shanxi debacle.
Perhaps even, campy as it is, Prothean survivors wakening from stasis somewhere, and attempting to reclaim their lost worlds.
[/end brain dump]

And if anyone's interested, there's a really wonderful pair of fanfictions (and yes, I know, one doesn't usually go to a fanfic for a well-written story), both written by a great author.
The fix started just after the release of ME2, and expands greatly upon many of the races, as well as creating its own ending which I believe would have been FAR more satisfying than that given by bioware. First is http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6693626/1 , The Spirit of Truth, only 15 chapters.
Second is http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6735812/1/ , the spirit of Redemption. 152 chapters, as I post this, and incredibly well-written. I often draw on the author's expansive development of Turian culture when I play Garrus or another Turian character.

RaidenTheRipper said:
Oh, gods yes. Oh, gods yes. I would gladly join in with this, if you two will permit me. I know Anjeru's a great roleplayer, and I assume that you are, as well, Sanoci. Hopefully there'll be more people willing to jump in on this...
Assuming that Shepard's sacrifice was to eradicate the reapers, the roleplay could focus upon a war between the galaxy at large and, perhaps, the yahg, since the games did not expand much upon them, or perhaps upon another contact war, similar to the Rachni War, Or the first Contact War/Relay 314 incident/ Shanxi debacle.
Perhaps even, campy as it is, Prothean survivors wakening from stasis somewhere, and attempting to reclaim their lost worlds.
[/end brain dump]

And if anyone's interested, there's a really wonderful pair of fanfictions (and yes, I know, one doesn't usually go to a fanfic for a well-written story), both written by a great author.
The fix started just after the release of ME2, and expands greatly upon many of the races, as well as creating its own ending which I believe would have been FAR more satisfying than that given by bioware. First is http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6693626/1 , The Spirit of Truth, only 15 chapters.
Second is http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6735812/1/ , the spirit of Redemption. 152 chapters, as I post this, and incredibly well-written. I often draw on the author's expansive development of Turian culture when I play Garrus or another Turian character.

THAT FIC IS GLORIOUS!!!! <3<3<3<3<3
/end gush

*coughs*

AND HEY! I WRITE FANFICS! DON'T MAKE ME...MAKE ME...DO SOMETHING! DX I happen to think I write well, so there.

Hence why I said MOST of the time... I have read your fics, Anjeru, and I enjoy them. Even the DA ones that i've only played parts of the game so I only know SOME of the characters. x.x
Anywho... Thank god someone else has read SoR. I'm just sad because I didn't come in until chapterv118 or so... So I missed being part of the reader forum.

I came in like two months ago, so I know your pain. Lol. And I was just teasing you. :p

There is so much we could do. We need to get some people involved though, hence the interest check. I, myself, like the Quarians and might play one. :D

I'm sure you can guess what I'll be playing as. And I'm looking forward to reading you playing a quarian. I am a bit happy, since I got a Tali fix a few weeks ago. ^^ Geth/Quarian is so weird, but so fun.
Let's go search the world! -evil plotting face-

See that little topic starter went completely down the shitter. Glad to have you aboard Raiden. I personally would like to avoid anymore Prothean survivors, at least initially. To be frank the antagonist role will probably vary, but since the Reapers are gone allow that to have anything possible; among them maybe discovering a new race in the galaxy. A tempting idea would have new factors like Reaper Technology play a factor as we have seen what can be utilized when scavenging them like scrap metal. If certain choices were made canon for this rp, we'll really have some fun.

Geth in particular if said choices were made will have this time frame to develop immensely [ Attempting to avoid saying it for those yet to play or finish ME3.. especially people like me yet to touch extended cut]. At the moment what is practically mandatory is recruiting more people, though we can freely and within tags for spoilers discuss decisions made that could affect post-Reaper war.

Though I love Krogans, the character I'll be playing is a rather disturbed biotic merc that Anjeru here knows a little about Baldric Onasi xD.

Sorry. I haven't actually played the extended cut either, yet. I have to get my disc back.
Anyway! Again, a yahg war or a war with the other avian species discovered and mentioned in the cerberus newsletters might be interesting.
Or, perhaps, another species that's developed independently. I haven't the faintest idea, really. It might be interesting for the other races to gain council seats as well, rather than it just being the big four species.

We have time to discuss it, though the Quarians in my opinion deserve a special place since they probably have advanced a bit and if anything was hinted within the time passing could walk without their suits on their home planet. Krogan is the only other viable group that might get a Council seat, otherwise no one else seems deserving. Think another thing to consider is what choices did Shepard make to shape the universe. Canon wise he was likely neutral with more paragon than renegade options occurring.

I am certainly interested in this, good sir. Would it be acceptable if I chose a biotic human of the vanguard class?

Traveller said:
I am certainly interested in this, good sir. Would it be acceptable if I chose a biotic human of the vanguard class?

Its completely acceptable to even invent a subclass for biotics if within reason, this role play will be exploiting the ME universe and offering almost limitless possibilities for its players. None the less welcome, we appreciate anyone supportive of this project.

Sanoci said:
We have time to discuss it, though the Quarians in my opinion deserve a special place since they probably have advanced a bit and if anything was hinted within the time passing could walk without their suits on their home planet. Krogan is the only other viable group that might get a Council seat, otherwise no one else seems deserving. Think another thing to consider is what choices did Shepard make to shape the universe. Canon wise he was likely neutral with more paragon than renegade options occurring.

Quarians, interesting party. A fleet of unknown numbers equating in the lower millions- much of their pre-migration civilization is unknown to the galaxy, and those old enough to remember it are few and far between.

On the other hand, as for a plot device you have the Yahg, a race of multi-eyes bipedal brutes, the uncivilized, relatively new species in the galaxy, known to a very small number of people including, but not limited to Commander Shepard, Liara t'Soni, and the Salarian STG team that was researching them on Sur'Kesh. They have potential if handled correctly, both as a species and as a plot device for an Rp.

First thing to establiush before that is to establuish canon- who survived what events, did the Geth help or destroy the Quarians, is Alenko alive, etc. Without establishing that first, the entire premise of an Rp is doomed to fall to plot holes.

Also, I'm Joker. Savoki knows me, and that's all I can really say on that. I've played (and beaten) the ME series several times over, including all the DLCs and have read all the novels (Incidentally, the 4th one, written by William C. Deitz is garbage.) In addition, I HAVE played and seen most (if not all) of the Extended Cut content. It's pretty satisfying, seeing as how they added the option to get a secret (crappy) 4th ending.

I have played every DLC, read every comic, and every novel; the only thing I haven't touched yet is the Extended Cut - so I would like to keep that spoiler free as possible until I am able to get a connection to download it with.

I would, myself, like to expand a bit on the Mass Effect universe; I like the idea of using the Yahg, seeing as they are a non-space-faring race that is now being uplifted(sort of - given the Shadow Broker was a Yahg, and Yahg were being uplifted and studied on Sur'kesh by the Salarians).

As I stated in the beginning, I would like to play a Quarian. I haven't developed much beyond that point, as I wanted to wait until more interest was shown in the idea; no point in planning characters for a group rp if the idea doesn't take.

As for the timeline - I suggest going primarily Paragon. Who survived Virmire could be up for vote; however much they affect the plot would be determined by what plans we had for the roleplay and which direction it takes. So Paragon timeline would consist of major points - saving the Rachni Queen on Noveria and when you are sent to investigate Rachni activity in ME3, saving the Council in the Battle of the Citadel(it doesn't really matter who you put on the council, in ME3 it's always Udina who's active), saving Mealon's data so Eve lives, keeping Tali'zorah from being exiled; you get the gist. Things that make the bigger impacts throughout the story that could/would have a lasting effect.

We generally want the ending where the Reapers are destroyed and Shepard perishes(I assume that's the idea - the man/woman giving his life for all of the Galaxy and us playing in the after affects), but leaving Earth whole and healthy(ish), but are leaving the Relays in tact so as to allow galactic travel.

Also - to the new faces here - it's a pleasure to meet you. ^^

That is the exact problem with all of the endings: None of them leave the relays intact, meaning that every single ending spells doom for the entire galaxy, thus part of the reason for the controversy. Of course, I can certainly understand that we can ignore that fact, if only to retain playability.

Besides that, the 'Reaper Destruction' ending implies that all synthetic life, including the geth and any and all artificial intelligene has been wiped out too, is everyone fine with that?

Almost forgot, hail everyone, it is certainly a pleasure to meet you.

Traveller said:
That is the exact problem with all of the endings: None of them leave the relays intact, meaning that every single ending spells doom for the entire galaxy, thus part of the reason for the controversy. Of course, I can certainly understand that we can ignore that fact, if only to retain playability.

Besides that, the 'Reaper Destruction' ending implies that all synthetic life, including the geth and any and all artificial intelligene has been wiped out too, is everyone fine with that?

*SPOILERS!!!!!*

If you decide to go for the synthesis ending, you hear a VO of Admiral Hackett speaking of how, even though it will take time, they can rebuild the Mass Relays and the Citadel, that they weren't completely destroyed and enough of them remained to begin work on repairs.

*END SPOILERS!!!*

As to the "All Synthetics destroyed" bit, I'm not too sure that is a smart move. The ideal Paragon chouces of Shepard would end in Synthesis or Shepard taking control of the Reapers, but he/she would have left the Geth alive and had them work with the Quarians to build Rannoch. I feel like if we said "All synthetics are gone" we would be losing potential to have new worlds (Like the rebuilt Rannoch) and playable races, not limited to Geth (What about Virtual Aliens and Sentient AIs like EDI?)

Which is the reason why I would vote against the 'Reapers Destroyed' ending and rather vote for the "Reapers controlled, leave galaxy" ending, as it gives us the most room to develop a plot, at least in my opinion.

Or you could say they were stopped for the time being but. came back to attack again

*Spoilers? I don't know if this counts, but whatever.*
I'm actually in favor of the idea of migrating the citadel, the heart of galactic society, to someplace other than the Reaper-chosen Widow Nebula, actually. Put it on a planet or something? That'd probably be cheaper than doing zero-g construction on a place that is really just a giant deathtrap, when you think about it.
*End*

We don't have to bind the roleplay completely to just one ending, or even to bioware's chosen endings at all.
Why have the Relays be destroyed? Why wipe out the Geth and all other artificial intelligence? And why spare the reapers, and by enslaving them? They are unified in purpose and will, and are wholly malignant. That's like just plopping a serial killer in the countryside and hoping they don't decide to come back.
Or, like Kat suggested, maybe have Shepard's will fail, or be corrupted (though I feel that would be a way of making the games feel futile), and have the reapers return to try and complete the cycle.

I can actually see giving a council seat (This is in reply to Sanoci's earlier post), to most of the species in the galaxy, excepting the Drell, due to low population, the Vorcha, due to their lack of any true, governing body, and the Batarians, because they are so low in population, now, that they're likely an endangered species.

We were simply going to ignore the fact that the relays were destroyed; also, unless they expanded upon it in the Extended Cut, the Destroy ending was supposed to kill Shepard too, the God-Child even says so. But he lived - if your EMS was high enough - so that led some to believe that the God-Child was flat out lying to your face about it destroying all synthetic life(unless it just killed off Shepard's synthetic parts, though Shepard needed extensive synthetics to be brought back, so it's led to believe he'd/she'd die without them).

Either ending is fine by me, or Raiden's general idea of somewhat mixing the endings; the nice thing about a roleplay like this is we aren't strictly bound by the game's story or endings.

Maybe its my bias, but couldn't see the sentient jellyfish and talking elephants with a monotone with council seats. They have to given great contributions to even gain the position. Humankind got its best recognition with taking out the Reapers and just how they have rose in elevation so quickly. Hell realistic no one may get into council, though could see more embassies for those who were closed before getting reopened like Krogan and Quarians. Batarians closed their embassy in protest at the Council's 'preferential treatment' of humans.

Sounds like everyone is in favored of an alternate version of destroy the reapers by offering him/herself without killing all Synthetics and relay. We probably should discuss more on how the Citadel has turned out since the war. Anyone who played ME3 knows what happens to it before the end game, though I ponder things like where it is now, government,etc.

Boo

Use spoiler tags for spoilers, its 100% easier to not accidentally read it. Please and thank you!

Maybe I could get my man to help me beat the game but from what I saw I think we should mix things up or create our own ending.

Ah, beautiful character creation, how much I love thee...

In order to develop a plot, I would first suggest an object of conflict, the citadel, as sir Sanoci suggested, could be just that. Currently, all major powers are weakened, even two decades are not going to repair all the damage done by the Reapers, but mankind has

The Citadel in its homesystem, the galactic seat of power that was once situated on mostly neutral grounds, is now standing right there in the Sol-system, which might irk those who have already earlier been irked by mankind's rapid rise to power. A possible source of conflict worthy of discussion.

Perhaps, another subject of discussion might be what remains of Cerberus, though that might be a negligible amount.

Another idea I had was, as suggested earlier, the yahg. Around them we could have something like a side-quest, at least. Currently, the galaxy is rebuilding and now finally has time to get back to earlier things, like making first contacts. Of course, in the case of the yahg, first contact already happened and ended with the slaughter of the diplomats sent by the Council. Now, the current powers of the galaxy might be interested in pacifying the yahg, as primitive as they currently are, they are highly agressive and brutal. Of course, they would not be able to stand against a full-scale war against even a single of the other species, which is why I would propose us to be part of the last diplomatic attempt before some sort of military retaliation.

Back
Top Bottom