Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite game/kind of game? ^^

Flux

Supernova
Hello people ^^
If there are any BM-members that are gamers when they aren't online, I would like to know from them what kind of games they prefer, what games they prefer and even on what console ^^.

I shall start with my top 5 ^^

1. War Of The Immortals (PC) Just started on it. MMORPG-style.
2. MineCraft (PC) Like a boss.
3. BattleField 3 (PS3) Shooter. Online only.
4. The Impossible Game (Mobile) Game that makes me nervous
5. Angry Birds (PC+Mobile) Everybody know Angry Birds. Right?

Those are my favorite games at the moment.

For the kind of games, I prefer shooters or something like War Of The Immortals & World Of Warcraft.

-- Flux.

PC gamer here. I use to play with the PS2, Wii, and DS but for various reasons (just do not like consoles and DS broke to name two) sticking to PC for now. I might get 3DS XL when it comes out. I often like strategy and RPG games, but played games of every genre. I became obnoxiously addicted then to Crusader Kings II when Steam had all Paradox games on sale a little while back. That is starting to die down and recently got Arma 2: Combined Operations. Brutal and freaking complex. As a general list of games I like:
  • Anno 2070 – It seems to have a steep learning curve, then becomes somewhat predictable.
  • Borderlands – FPS RPG that never gets old
  • CKII – my favorite game at the moment, the only strategy game I know where you have to discipline the people inside your borders, and you have to realize you are playing a family, not a country. EUIII meets The Sims in an RPG sort of a game. Also is quite realistic when you realize you have grown too much. Experiencing a succession crisis while your vessels are too busy fighting each other is always a traumatizing event. Cheating might actually make your game more prone to such internal disasters I found out.
  • Dead Island – Reminds me of Borderlands
  • Elder Scrolls 4 and 5 – Its ELDER SCROLLS. 'nuff said.
  • Just Cause 2 – When I just feel like doing mayhem. Its better than GTA for that.
  • Titan Quest – the Diablo-esque game I like the most (still waiting for Torchlight 2)
Other games I adore but no longer play
  • Arcanum – Fallout 2 spiritual successor and better than all other Fallout games IMO. Never finished it though.
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth – Was at one time my favorite game and a great Lovecraftian game.
  • DarkStar One – I always liked space sim shooters, but this more arcade like one was far less complicated than the others I've played.
  • Dear Esther – Just realize ITS NOT A GAME! Still I can't help but like it.
  • Dungeon Siege 2 – Runner up to my favorite Diablo-esque game.
  • FarCry 2 – Open world FPS in a world of liner FPS games. Respawning enemies are a pain though.
  • Half-Life – The old classic
  • Heroes of Might & Magic 3 – none of the others!
  • The Last Express – The only pure point-and-click I like. Its also one of the highest praised and financial flops in history.
  • Minecraft – Its MINECRAFT
  • Outcast – Open world adventure game (Zelda like in that sense) which I never finished despite liking it so much.
  • Portal 1 and 2 – Its PORTAL
  • SpaceChem – I did a Let's Play of this one; the only one I have done so far
  • Space Pirates and Zombies – So repetitive yet so appealing.
Also like to mention Amnesia: The Dark Decent is a fun game to watch blind Let's Plays. That never gets old! Finally there is a few games in my head which I would like to play if anyone can make them. (Doubt it... they are too complicated to make I think)

And yes, there is probably a few I have forgotten.

Dungeons and Dragons. :)

I don't have the desire for console games as much as I used to. But I totally rock the JRPGs.

Is Dungeons and Dragons good? I've seen the trailer but I wasn't sure if it was worth the download.

I guess I prefer strategy and horror? XD

Company of Heroes (Can't wait for CoH 2!!)
Total War series (Shogun 2, Medieval 2, Empire, Rome... they are all great)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Resident Evil saga... I keep getting the remakes. XD
Zero/Fatal Frame... I think I have every game out.

I think those are my favorites. Of course I love other types too but... I think those are the best I have played... I think?

I love the hell out of Minecraft. As for genre, I'm really partial to platform era and such (which is sad because it's such a dying breed of games). My favorite system is, uh, Nintendo handhelds in general-- I CAN'T PICK JUST ONE. But my Xbox 360 is a very close second. 8)

Favorite PC game ever: Planescape Torment
Favorite console game ever: Final Fantasy Tactics (Advance and A2 suck balls)

Favorite genre is RPG, but I tend to dabble in all genres except for rhythm, racing and sports. I don't care if the game is on X console or on PC, what matters to me is that the game is good. People who limit themselves to 'hurr consoles only' are kind of silly, why miss out on PC games altogether?

I also like multiplayer games. :) As long as they aren't full of morons. I honestly despise trolls.

Flux said:
Is Dungeons and Dragons good? I've seen the trailer but I wasn't sure if it was worth the download.

Well, they frown on you downloading the books. :D

fighting games and Jrpg are my fav and i thought Tactics advance was WAY better than Tactics

Nintendo hand helds beat all systems! ps3 close second :) Nintendo i feel still makes the best games over all

RPGs and Action/Adventure games. I'm not fond of FPS but I'll play them if I have to, however I prefer PC games that aren't *Point shoooot omg tomahawk killz yur a nuub*

Games like Darksiders,
Kingdoms of Amalur~
Skyrim
Bully - One of my favourites.
All the AC's
Grand theft Autos, all that sexy stuff.

Top 5 hands down let's see:

5. City of Heroes/City of Villains
4. Resident Evil saga
3. Final Fantasy Series
2. DOA all of them
1. World of Warcraft

I've become quite bored with games lately x.x anyone got any ideas of an RPG style offline-co-op game where you can buy lots of unlockables and shizz? I love those sort of games where you slowly make more in-game money and buy better stuff until eventually you're a tank but I'm looking for something to play with my flatmate.

Anyway, as for my favourite games, I'm majorly mainstream I'm afraid; Resident Evil, Halo, Minecraft (who doesn't?), Skyrim, Dead Island is great though. I love a good action shooty-type game myself. But I've been getting more into RPGs. My favourite platform is a toss-up between PC and Xbox 360.

jonathantrick said:
anyone got any ideas of an RPG style offline-co-op game where you can buy lots of unlockables and shizz?

I love a good action shooty-type game myself. But I've been getting more into RPGs.

Not quite the first (can't buy unlockables) but is the second, have you ever looked at Borderlands? Many said Dead Island had a similar RPG style of it. 4 classes with a game mechanic that can on the fly build a wide variety of randomized guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBFWti6mkg - Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUC7FjTgjM - non-gameplay description of how randomized guns are done.

PatricioINTP said:
jonathantrick said:
anyone got any ideas of an RPG style offline-co-op game where you can buy lots of unlockables and shizz?

I love a good action shooty-type game myself. But I've been getting more into RPGs.

Not quite the first (can't buy unlockables) but is the second, have you ever looked at Borderlands? Many said Dead Island had a similar RPG style of it. 4 classes with a game mechanic that can on the fly build a wide variety of randomized guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBFWti6mkg - Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUC7FjTgjM - non-gameplay description of how randomized guns are done.

Unfortunately I've already bought (and played the hell out of) Dead Island. It's a good recommendation though! I loved that game. As for Borderlands I've tried it but I'm not too keen for some reason. I've no idea why, but I just can't get into it I'm afraid.

Thanks again for the recommendation. :) I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 again right now, at least I can buy and upgrade the weapons on that.

• 1. Shadow of the Colossus - it's a fucking masterpiece, so solitary and eerie.
        2. Boderlands - totally underrated; it's hilarious, clever and as queer as an RPG/FPS could get
        3. Uncharted - 1, 2 and 3. Nathan Drake has to be the most comical character in a video game series ever.
        4. WoW - been playing for about 4 and a half years now ... never gets old.
        5. Dragon Age - one of my favorite gaming series next to Uncharted.
        6. Minecraft - ... more of my life was probably lost playing this than WoW.
        7. Demon's Souls - ... the fucking hardest, most unfair game in all of gaming history. Oh. My. Fuck. I cried so much (out of frusteration ...)
        8. God of War - fucking Kratos. Need I say more?
        9. Dante's Inferno - so amazing, so disgusting, so fun. The musical score was absolute genius.
        10. Banjo-Kazooie - a childhood favorite. I still play it ... frequently.

Swagbeast. If you think that Demon's Souls is hard, you should try to complete all Ninja Gaiden-games without dying a lot.

But nice games.

I really, really wanna play the Ninja Gaiden games but I don't own a PS3 :( It's a shame

Started playing Diablo 3 again, the classes are diverse enough for me to actually start a new game when I rarely do that.

Back
Top Bottom