Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite game/kind of game? ^^

My game preference seems to change every week.
Right now I'm knee deep in World of Tanks and loving the shit out of it! Thought it was going to be stupid, but I'm so glad I was wrong.
There's Skyrim. Are there many people that don't like it? I also enjoyed Oblivion and wish I could like Morrowind more, but I can't.
The Total War series always has me coming back. A man like me naturally loves to do some violent battling to take over the (known) world!
Sometimes I'll hit some vague, unheard of games. 18 Wheels of Steel? Yeah, sometimes I want to be a trucker. More so for the business aspect of it.
Speaking of business, I still love Capitalism 2. Any wonder why I'm a business administration major?
I also have a special place in my heart for Forza. I don't play it any more, but I was one of the best drivers on the leaderboards for all four games so far. I know I've screwed up if I'm not in the top 1%. Although I'm hesitating on getting Horizon. Probably pick it up when it goes on sale.

That said, I've got hundreds of games. And so many I no longer have that I played like crazy. I regretfully sold off my XBox (not 360) collection a few years ago. I'm mainly glad I picked up a copy of Playboy Mansion for it again not long ago. Gotta' love tits and gently swaying hips! I hop on the PS3 every so often, currently trying to get through FF XII and Rage. Not playing anything on the 360 at the moment, although I'll pull out Rockband on occasion.

I guess board/card games are slowly becoming obsolete these days... but I love me a good board/card game too............

So, since it doesn't specify, some board/card games I love include:

monopoly
scrabble
trivial pursuit (I tend to do well with the Disney and LotR editions and suck at the rest, lol)
life
uno
clue
scattergories
pictionary
balderdash
jenga

I really only play LoL these days. I am not much for tabletop role playing anymore and every time that I try to get into an MMO, the community makes me not want to play. With LoL, I can at least choose to deal with any specific group of assholes for 40 minutes at a time at the average most. Though honestly, I have had good luck lately with finding friendly players. YAY Honor Incentives. =P

darkangel76 said:
I guess board/card games are slowly becoming obsolete these days... but I love me a good board/card game too............

So, since it doesn't specify, some board/card games I love include:

monopoly
scrabble
trivial pursuit (I tend to do well with the Disney and LotR editions and suck at the rest, lol)
life
uno
clue
scattergories
pictionary
balderdash
jenga

You may like Munchkin. I've been playing that a lot lately and I love it. By the end of the game it just turns into a complete 'screw the other guy over'-fest. It really is a fun time.

I love Monopoly, unfortunately I don't get to play scrabble enough, but I love it :(. I have a great time with cluedo but I never win at it.

As for table-top roleplaying, I was in a fallout-based one once. I enjoyed it, but then the GM came around and told me I was an abrasive person, and sent me an email telling me how much he and everyone else in the group hated me. For someone who suffers from depression and social anxiety, I can tell you that the experience very did nearly kill me. Needless to say, I can't enjoy roleplaying table-top anymore.

As for videogames, oh my God, Skyrim is brilliant! I love everything about it. I normally hate sword slashing type RPGs but it was a true master class. You really feel immersed in the world, something I haven't experienced since playing Pokemon as a child.

I also love Sonic Adventure 2. I bought it instantly as soon as it got released on Live and loved re-discovering a major part of my childhood. I'm working on A-Ranking every level now. I was top 18 or something (discounting the hacks) on Tails' Prison Island level. I loved it.

Halo 4 is a great experience. The story is sublime compared to what most FPSes can churn out these days. The characterisation is top-class and the gameplay speaks for itself. The online, however, has died for me recently. I've found all the 'normals/enjoyable' people to play with have long gone, probably on to Black Ops II. Now it seems to be mostly inhabited by aim-bot users and people who think that teabagging others online is the pinnacle of human achievement.

And of course, who can forget Minecraft? Now that is an amazing experience I'd recommend to anyone. It's truly fantastic to go into a world and create something amazing. I love everything about it. It's truly one of the best games ever made.

Unfortunately in recent weeks my gaming time has been cut severely, thanks to university studies. (Curse you scientific reports!) It's a real shame cause I really want to escape into my happy-game-world once more.

I'll have to give that a looksee. :)

I was also quite the hardcore gamer until my days in college. Then, ever so slowly, it sort of phased out of my daily routine. I still love it and play every so often (console much more so over PC, but then owning a Mac for a comp will do that to you... but I was always much more into consoles anyway, lol), but it just sort of lost itself on the priority list as a result of everything and other things took its place. Never thought I'd see the day given how hardcore I was back in the day. Seriously, no freakin' joke. Most kids were punished by their parents by being told they couldn't go out with their friends, but mine consisted of losing out on gaming privileges and gaming rentals. LOL. Yeah, oh man........ I gamed wayyyyy too much. >.< lol. I do miss it sometimes, but I also have the nostalgic memories and my videogame/remix music library. Yep, that stuck, lol.

And now that I've gone semi off topic.... how sad. Admin goes off topic. >.>

So, to get back on once more (though damn it, I started off on topic!).............. some oldie retro console games that soooo kicked ass and I recommend people try out on an emulator if you have one (for NES or SNES) are the following:

Crystalis - NES
Secret of Mana - SNES
Soul Blazer - SNES
Illusion of Gaia - SNES
Out of This World - SNES

I should get back to playing Secret of Mana some time. Already beat Chrono Trigger and very close to the end of Final Fantasy 6, so that's closer to finishing all the old school RPGS I have downloaded on the Wii. Of course, Skyrim is taking up some of my time, too, even if it's far, far less interesting in terms of story and characters.

Also been playing this great game I've only heard of and barely knew anything about before buying it on a whim. Guess here in the US it used to be known as Jet Grind Radio, and was exclusive to the Dreamcast, but they've since re-released it on the Xbox Live Arcade as Jet Set Radio. Pretty tough and kind of clunky, but still very fun and addictive, lots of style, great music. I'm usually not one for any kind of skating or sports games, but this one seems different in that there are no complex button combinations you have to do, so you can focus on the platforming I guess you'd call it, and a lot of it for me is still very hard to pull off. That and it's got a wacky story I like. And in some ways it reminds me a bit of No More Heroes.

Hoping to get the sequel, Jet Set Radio Future, as I've heard it's one of the few Xbox games that works on the 360. Not sure if I like all the changes they've made, from what I've seen of it, but it still looks fun and worth it to see for myself how good it is.

Top five video games:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360)
Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Skyrim (Xbox 360)
Minecraft (Xbox 360 and PC)
Worms: Armageddon (Xbox 360)

Top five board/card games:
Life
Monopoly
Scattagories
Rummy
Mad Gab

I am always going to be a kid at heart and I'm twenty three. My house will be stocked with board games and video games. I love speding family time together by playing board games. I even play rummy with my mother in law, no matter how may times she whoops my ass at it.

Video Games:
I am a gamer girl as well. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 being my latest addiction. I'm a second prestige with a gold FAL equipped with select fire and the target finder. My kill death ratio is a healthy 1.34 and my win lose ration is 1.25. Usually my secondary is unequipped and I sport a danger close wild card for two bouncing betties or two claymores. My clan tag says [CAMP] so the bitches who whine and complain as I sport a 28/1 on the scoreboard get a heads up before hand. Sadly they usually cease the bitching and start flirting when they find out that their opponent is sporting breasts. I can spend hours playing Minecraft. Another sad thing. I can start building a city and turn around after hours of hard work just to fill the building up with dynamite and watch the explosion. Ah, so sad. As far as Borderlands 2 goes, I am normally always a Siren, max level. I have been fishing for legendary weapons as of lately. I have her halfway doen the harmony skill tree and completely down the cataclysm tree. I also play with my mechromancer alot. I love her. Uhhh... and that's about it ^_^

Mostly RPG-type games that have a large range for me to mess around like Fable or Skyrim. I'm trying to get in to the FPS games but it's impossible for me to aim and shoot a gun. ;____; I play on my XBOX. I'm trying to get through Mass Effect and it's pretty cool, I just really need to work on my aiminggggg. I play CoD sometimes but I mostly just run around and knife people because that requires the least amount of exact aiming for me. Ehehehe.

I play stuff like The Sims and Aminal Crossing just to calm myself down after a particularly stressful day at work or just to play with my niece who loves those kinds of games.

I play board games with the family. Every board game. Honestly. I think we own them all. Holidays are a time where the kids play wherever we can watch them and we play every board game known to man until we can't stay awake. Ehehehe.

I like strategy games. League of Legends is a good multi-player arena-style strategy game that I always enjoy, though lately I have felt the urge to revisit Age of Empires III and Civilization V.

I don't really have time for gaming anymore (and I'd rather spend what little free time I have role playing), but I used to enjoy the hell out of:

On PC
all iterations of The Elder Scrolls
Civ 4 & Civ 5
Dragon Age: Origins
Company of Heroes
Dota & Dota 2
Battlefield 2 (back in the day)
Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2
all iterations of the Total War series (especially Medieval II)
Half-Life
old Call of Duty (pre Modern Warfare)

On Console
whatever version of Madden I could get my hands on
whatever version of NHL I could get my hands on
whatever version of NCAA football I could get my hands on
Need for Speed: Underground & Underground 2
SSX: Tricky
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Classic board games and table top RPGs are among my favorites. I am, admittedly, a die-hard Role-player from a long time back.

Computer games, big on strategy games.

My all-time favorite PC game is You Don't Know Jack.

Anyone particularly like video game music? I like normal music as much as others do, but I tend to prefer soundtracks from video games much of the time over newer stuff I hear lately.

My video game music playlist(far rom finished)
Shadow of the Colossus full OST
Nier full OST

Just a few of my favorites.

Hoping on getting this slightly old game titled Lost Odyssey in a few days. Will be the first turn based RPG I've tried in a while. I hope I enjoy it more so than with the Last Remnant or Final Fantasy 13(though, to be fair, I gave up on them within the first few hours each). I just seem to prefer old school RPGs in general, but maybe this one can change my mind.

I've been getting weird-ass urges to play Pokemon Crystal. For some reason the game is just very atmospheric to me, and I believe nostalgia might play a hand in this. I've also been playing DUST 514, which is okay. The spawns are typically fucked up beyond belief, though-- to be fair, the game is only in beta. I also popped in CoD4 on PS3 last night. Except for one game, I never dropped below a 2.0 k/d. It almost feels unfair for the other team.

As a kitty from yester year, My top games are easy.

Final fantasy 4
Breath of Fire 3
The Persona Series
Red Dead Redemption
The Baldurs gate Saga

^.^ Honorable mentions would include
Lufia 1 & 2, City of Heroes and Fallout.

Zoophilian said:
As a kitty from yester year, My top games are easy.

Final fantasy 4
Breath of Fire 3
The Persona Series
Red Dead Redemption
The Baldurs gate Saga

^.^ Honorable mentions would include
Lufia 1 & 2, City of Heroes and Fallout.

Final Fantasy IV, huh? I never played it on the SNES, but I did play it when it was re-released on the PS1. I think I got towards the end of the game, but the memory card ended up in the washer.

Which brings me to this question: anyone else forget that they had a memory card in a pocket, and then wash those jeans, shorts, pants, ect?

I have, Mine worked to, Just have to make sure they dry out thoughoroly before trying to use em >_> Sadly now my ps1 cards wont work, So gotta pirate em on my Psp to play my classics! >_> Huzzah for pirates!

Ive played every incarnation of FF4, From the original (Both versions). To the modern 3ds remake which is very cool. But i pause for a history lesson ^.^ Bet ya didnt know I was a bard huh? Well here we go. Back in in 92 ish when FF2 / 4 was released in the states there was two versions, One that featured very small differences from each other and this was in the color of Kain's armor. In one version Kain was more greenish in his armor and the other true blue akin to Cecils armor which should of been more of a purple'ish to reflect it being a Dark Knight armor but anywho >_> Thats just my two cents there.

I think I might have one that survived the trip to the washer, but that one definitely died. I remember because it also had my Chrono Trigger data on it. I am however, lucky enough to have a few memory cards that still work. I've been considering playing through Final Fantasy VIII again, for the umpteenth time. Brave Fencer Musashi is another game I've been looking to revisit.

So, I came across a decent little title recent. I've never been a fan of Zoids, never had anything against it either, but this RPG for the GBA is actually pretty nifty. The plot-line deals with various timelines being fused together, so it incorporates the characters from the various anime, along with some original characters. You get to manage your pilots, build Zoids, and upgrade them. Battles can have up to a maximum of six Zoids deployed at a time, but aren't particularly unique. I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Also, does anyone here play CoD4 on PS3? I'm kind of looking for some people to play with. It's getting boring just dominating on my own.

I remember that Zoids game, I loved it but still found it lacking but oddly like Medabots rpg, Was a great time sinc i couldn't really stop playing it for some time, And iam a 360 kitty >_> Sadly, Trying to get back on the sony wagon but its sooo expensive.

Back
Top Bottom