Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

There For You (Snape & Jena)

"Oh no there's nothing on your face and certainly nothing wrong at all sorry I was staring you must think I'm a creep" ,he stated after she had noticed him looking at her. "As for the porch I only started that because I was bored but I should probably finish it up seeing as I did start it plus Bitchzilla is probably gonna be here in a little while to get her shit so after I finish with the porch I'm gonna have to pack her stuff up and put it out front" ,he stated. "Shouldn't take me long to finish this up anyway it's all sanded just needs to be painted".

Kevin stood up and took a sip from his glass before bringing everything inside and clearing off the porch again then grabbing the cans of paint and placing them on the porch, "If you want though when I'm finished with everything I can come help out a bit but that's entirely up to you" ,he suggested hoping he wasn't sounding too pushy at all.

Peyton giggled when Kevin mentioned she probably think he was a creep. She shook her head and said, "no I don't think you're a creep at all. Sometimes I find myself staring at someone when I'm no longer on Earth and lost in thought. It happens to every one." The woman made a face when he called Erin 'Bitchzilla,' though she couldn't really blame him. "That's definitely not a visit I want to be a part of."

Standing up to help Kevin clean up, she beamed up at him. "Of course you can come over after you're finished. You're always welcome over at my house since I've just decided to make myself welcome here. I probably should have called or something before just coming over and expecting you to welcome me," she said while chuckling. "I meant what I said, though. I'm going to clean the dishes while you're working on the porch. Just don't blame me if I run out of the back door without finishing if Erin shows up."

Kevin laughed when Peyton said she could've called or something, "How would you have called I never gave you my number" ,he said in response. "And even if I did you don't have to call just come over I'm usually the only one home anyway and after today I'll definitely be the only one home". He smiled at her when she mentioned running out the back door if Erin showed up, "I don't blame ya with that one she's not going to be too happy when she gets home.

The man made his way back outside after bringing everything in and opened the can of paint and poured it into the tray, he then took the roller and dipped it into the paint and got to work. When he was finished painting the porch he put everything away then went inside and packed up all of Erin's things and put them on the front porch after receiving a text from her saying she would be coming to pick up a few things. Kevin took a quick shower to wash the paint off of him then put on a pair of shorts and some work boots along with a white sleeveless t-shirt. The man waited patiently for Erin to show up, he tried to think of what to say when she came as he waited.

Peyton smiled and went into the kitchen after the two brought everything in to the kitchen. She quickly and efficiently cleaned all the dishes and the counters, making sure not to leave a trace of lunch behind. The female dried all the dishes and put them away where they went after opening all the cabinets and drawers to figure out what went where. When she was finished, she popped her head out the back door to tell Kevin she was leaning. "Feel free to come over tonight after everything happens if you need to talk to someone."

The woman left out the front door since the paint was still wet on the back porch and went to her house. As soon as she walked in the door, she got to work putting everything away in the kitchen.

After a little while Kevin's phone went off and he looked at it, a sigh came out of his mouth and he walked out the front door. When he got outside Erin was standing in the front yard as was her friend Mike he had his arms crossed and was glaring at Kevin as if he had done something wrong. "What the fuck is all my stuff doing on the front lawn" ,Erin snapped. Kevin looked at her and then to Mike, "I'm breaking up with you and I want you out of my house it's just not working out" ,he said in response. Erin's face twisted into an angry look and she walked up and slapped Kevin in the face, "You know what you'll never find anyone like me" ,she said nastily. "Well then that's a good thing" ,Kevin snapped back. Mike uncrossed his arms and took a step toward Kevin with his fists balled, "Mike just put my things in the car and let's get out of here I can't even look at this loser" ,Erin told Mike who did as he was told and began packing everything into his trunk.

Kevin watched as the two packed everything into Mike's car when they were finished Erin walked up to Kevin and threw the keys to the house and his car at him. "DON'T COME BEGGING FOR ME TO COME BACK AND JUST REMEMBER YOU LET GO OF THE ONLY PERSON THAT WILL EVER LIKE YOU YOU WERE FUCKING LUCKY I TOOK TWO LOOKS AT YOU"! She yelled in Kevin's face. "But I'm kind of glad you let me go cuz' now me and Mike don't have to hide shit any more" ,she had finally admitted to sleeping with Mike. Erin walked off and got into Mike's car and gave Kevin the finger as they drove off.

After Erin left Kevin went into the house and grabbed a six pack and brought it out to the front porch and sat down on the steps. Breaking up with Erin hurt a lot more then it should've and it was mainly because of what she had said, he hated being alone and now he was going to be alone for good. He opened one of the beers and sipped on it his head hung low as he fought back crying, he didn't know exactly why he even cared it wasn't like he really loved Erin maybe it was just the fact that she didn't even care about him breaking it off. Kevin remembered Peyton saying he could come over and talk but he didn't want to bother her with his problems, he felt as if she would get annoyed with it after a while and the last thing he wanted was to push her away as well.

Peyton had just finished unpacking her clothes and other things in her bedroom when she heard yelling outside. Shaking her head, she figured it must be Erin and Kevin. The female couldn't understand how someone could treat another human being like she treated him. Determined not to be the nosy neighbor, she continued unpacking pictures of her family, jewelry, and other things in her bedroom. After the woman finished, she expected Kevin to come over to have someone to talk to. Looking at the clock, she began to get worried.

Peyton walked over to Kevin's house only to find him nursing a beer. Sighing, she sat down next to him on the steps. "Hey, He-Man. Things aren't going to get any better with that thing. You okay?" He was such a sweet man, and it was obvious everything with Erin was really getting to him. The female wasn't exactly sure what to say to make him feel better since she really didn't know them or the situation to the full extent.

Kevin didn't look up when he heard Peyton's voice his eyes stayed fixed on the ground as continued to sip on his beer. For some reason the events of the night had hit him pretty hard and he wasn't feeling too great. Finally he decided to acknowledge the young woman was there, "She didn't even care the I broke it off" ,he said in a quiet tone. It wasn't hard to tell the man wanted to cry, "She just left with Mike and never even took a second to look back I guess it just kinda hurts to know I wasted my time with her". He took another sip from his bottle then pushed the six pack toward Peyton, "Help yourself" ,he stated. His voice was still quiet and calm even though he was hurting a bit inside.

"Sorry I never showed up to help you finish unpacking, I just thought all this would be easier to handle then it was" ,he stated. Kevin felt bad he had sort of blew Peyton off after telling her he would help.

Peyton could tell that he was hurting because of Erin. She took the six pack away from Kevin, placed it on the ground, and didn't take any. Now was the time for the female to be sober friend to make sense of everything. Both of them getting drunk to drown his sorrows would not do him any good. Sighing, she shook her head. "You know..I always grew up believing that everything happens for a reason. There must be a reason that this has happened. I know you're hurting now, and what I'm saying probably means nothing to you right now, but you're better off without her. She was rude and callous, and she obviously didn't care about a commitment to you."

When he started apologizing, she laughed. "Kevin, you not coming over to help me do everything is the least of my worries right now. My things are exactly that- mine. It's my job to unpack everything. Not yours. I was more worried about you not coming over to talk after everything happened. I basically came over to make sure you were okay. What kind of neighbor and friend would I be if I only wanted you around to help me unpack?" She shook her head and stood up, brushing her bottom off. "Like I said, I really just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Kevin watched as Peyton moved the six pack further away from him and he was kind of glad she did he at first had every intention of getting completely inebriated to forget how he felt even if it was only for a night. He put the beer he had in his hands down, the bottle was only half full but it was only the first one he had drank, he listened to Peyton as she spoke and everything she said about Erin was true. It was sad that Peyton knew what was going on and she had only knew him for a few days he couldn't believe it was that obvious. Kevin looked at Peyton when she finished talking, "I guess you're right but I'm just so mad that he's out there having fun and being happy while I get to deal with all the pain of the breakup it's not like I ever cheated on her or have someone to go to, she has Mike and I bet they're having a grand old fucking time" ,he stated with a hint of bitterness in his voice. "I mean I thought I had been doing everything right, I took care of her, bought her whatever she wanted, I gave her everything she asked for yet I'm the one that gets to suffer it doesn't make sense".

Kevin sighed and thought for a moment "Listen I'm sorry I must sound like a fucking idiot complaining like this last thing I need is for someone else to think I'm a tool" ,he stated right before standing up. "I'm gonna try and find something else to fix in the house if you wanna come in make yourself at home but if I scared you to the point where you want to run off then I won't take offense if you don't want to stay" ,Kevin let out a small laugh to let her know he was joking around with the last part of what he said. He made his way into the house and put the six pack back in the fridge and dumped the rest of the bottle out before looking around for something he could work on.

Peyton listened to Kevin, being there to let him just get everything out. She stayed silent up until the point where he started apologizing again. When would the male get that the female wanted to be there for him? After all, that is what friends do for each other. Sighing, she followed him into the house. The woman watched the man put the beer up and looked around. Shaking her head, she said, "you just don't get it do you?"

Peyton walked over to him and grabbed his face, making him look at her. "This could be the best thing that ever happened to you. Sure, you may have wasted a lot of time on her, but so what? What matters now is not to look at the past, but look towards your future. Erin will be the only one having a 'grand ole fucking time' as you put it because you won't let yourself do so. You have to just let her go, and embrace your future. You can and WILL find someone else. I guarantee it. Once that happens, I bet my life that she'll see what she gave up and beg for you to take her back. I just hope that when that happens, you'll be smart enough to deny her." Slowly, she reached up on her tip toes and kissed Kevin's cheek.

"I have to go, because I still have to set up my bed. I just hope I have the tools to do it. Good night, Kevin." With that, the female let go of his face, turned around, and started walking out the door. As she was walking, she was kicking herself mentally for saying those things to the male. The woman had no right to say those things to a man she just met a few days ago. It was probably best that she was leaving, because he would probably kick her out anyway.

When Peyton grabbed his face Kevin's eyes widened in surprise he hadn't expected that at all. He listened to her as she spoke not knowing how to react he stayed silent and just listened. Even though she was speaking to him with a stern tone it was different then when Erin did it, he didn't feel like crap or unwanted while the young woman spoke instead he felt like she truly wanted to help and was there for him. When she kissed him on the cheek he smiled and placed his hand there after she began to walk away.

Before Peyton could reach the door Kevin stopped her, "I've got a box full of tools I'm sure you'll be able to find the ones you need in it, however it is a bit heavy so I'll have to carry it over and while I'm there already I can help you put your bed together if you want" ,he offered. "It's the least I can do I mean I did offer to help you out and I would feel bad if I didn't help you out at least a little bit tonight".

Peyton stopped as Kevin started talking, waiting to hear the worst. Instead of yelling at her or being pissed off, he instead talked about having tools to set up her bed. Turning to the male, the female smiled over at him. "I would like that. Thanks. I promise not to bother you anymore with my unpacking and setting things up after tonight." She was grateful that she wasn't being yelled at after all she had said. The woman walked out of the house and led the way to her own house.

Opening the front door with her key, she let him in. Peyton was almost finished with unpacking and had plenty of pictures of her friends and family from back home set up in all areas. Her home was no where near as elaborate or filled with expensive things like the man's, but it had a feminine touch and was very homey. Finding the situation a bit strange, the female led him into her bedroom and turned on the light. There was one remaining box that held her bedding in it. On the floor was the bed frame with a bag of bolts, and the box spring and mattress leaning against the wall.

"Oh it's no problem and it doesn't bother me at all, it gives me something to do other then filling out paperwork all day" ,he stated as he opened the closet by the front door grabbing his tool box. He followed Peyton out the door and to her house and walked in as she held the door open for him. "Thank you" ,he stated as he walked through, he gave her a kind smile before following her to her bedroom. When he got into the room he immediately got to work on putting the bed together. After setting up the frame and tightening everything on it so that it would stay sturdy he grabbed the box spring and laid it on top of the frame followed by the mattress.

"Well all that's left to do with this is put the sheets, pillows and blankets on it" ,Kevin told her. "Is there anything else you need while I'm here? And don't worry about asking I really don't mind helping you out".

Peyton was glad that Kevin still wanted to help her out after all the things she had said to him. While he was putting together the bed, she finished unpacking her clothes, hanging them up in the closet or putting them nicely into the dresser. The two worked quietly for a while and the female jumped a little when the male started talking.

Turning to face him, she smiled. "Great. Thank you again so much for all of your help." Walking over to the bed, the woman began putting the sheets, comforter, and pillows on it. When the man asked if she needed any more help, she paused and thought about it for a minute. "I don't think so at the moment, but thank you for asking." Peyton was glad she was able to make a friend so quickly- especially a male friend so if she needed any heavy lifting or repairs, she could always ask Kevin. After making the bed, the female turned to him, smiling up at him. "Thank you again. You're more than welcome to stay a little while if you'd like," she said while stifling a yawn.

Kevin watched as Peyton put the sheets and blankets on her bed and when she thanked him he smiled, "Oh you're welcome like I said I don't mind helping out" ,he stated in response. When she thanked him again and offered for him to stay a little while he smiled again, he noticed her yawn, "Maybe I'll stay for a little while but you make sure to kick me out i when you want me to leave or if you're tired ok" ,Kevin stated. His mood had definitely brightened a bit since earlier that night even though he was still hurt over what happened between him and Erin it was nice to have a friend to talk to, Peyton was proving to be a very good friend and he was happy that she had moved in next door to him.

He picked up his tools and put them all back into the box and closed it, he then moved it so it was out of the way and turned to Peyton. "So what do you wanna do"? Kevin asked curiously.

Peyton laughed and shook her head when he mentioned that she needed to kick him out. "After I spent the night on your couch after passing out? No way. You didn't kick me out when you should have." She noticed Kevin seemed to be in a bit better mood, and was grateful for that. He deserved better than someone who was going to cut him down at all times. The female was glad he got rid of her when he did; now she could ogle him when he wasn't looking and not feel bad about it at all.

Shrugging her shoulders, she answered his question. "I have no idea what we could do. I thought you were the genius of this group, or were you just the one I used for brute strength?" she asked, teasing him. "I could make some chocolate chip cookies and we could maybe play a game. Unless you don't like board games. Then we could do something else," she suggested.

Kevin laughed, "Why should I have kicked you out that would've been so mean and I couldn't just wake you up to give you the boot that's just cruel" ,he stated with a small laugh. When Peyton mentioned cookies and a board game Kevin was all for it, he never really got the chance to just sit down and play a board game in a long time, "Are you kidding I love board games and cookies, you got any milk if not I can go grab some from my house and bring it over" ,he stated with a smile. He was happy that Peyton actually wanted to hang out with him, she was making the break up between him and Erin a lot easier to handle.

Peyton smiled when Kevin mentioned that he loved board games and cookies. "Well that makes two of us. Be prepared, though, I make some killer chocolate chip cookies." She laughed and looked at him as if he had two heads. "Cookies with no milk? Psh. Of course I have milk! I'll start making the cookies and you go pick out a game. I think I have almost all of them," the female said sheepishly. She turned towards the cabinets and began pulling all the ingredients she need to make the cookies.

Back
Top Bottom