Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Opposite Ends ( Ava & ForeverMischievous )

Amelia listened intently, nodding a few times at the answer. She hadn't expected her to be trained in anything, and Daggers was certainly better then nothing. "Daggers, hm? Not particularly a Ladies weapons.. Wise of her to agree to learning some fighting traits. Times as these, does not really call for defenselessness." She spoke, smiling at Lydia, before the last words'd been uttered, and she frowned lightly. She'd only just feared to lose her father figure. To lose the only one she ever truly cared about. She knew how it could hurt, and she felt sorry for Lydia. She quickly ran to the door, to look after Lydia as she walked.
"We'll keep Ava safe.. And make sure you'll see her again, Madame Lydia." She promised to Lydia, smiling if she looked back, before continuing her search for weapons, now bringing a Dagger as well, for the Lady.

Emmerick listened intently, and nodded a few times as he spoke of the people there was to be brought, no one to slow the advance down. "Good man. Keep your heads down, and your civilians safe, and you'll have made your Mistress proud, I'm sure.." he complimented the soldier, before looking towards Ava again, smiling as she complimented off Alistair. As he left, and she questioned him, he chuckled lightly, and nodded a single time. "I stationed those men. I have what I need up here.." He thankfully said no to a map, pointing towards his head. He followed her with his eyes as she walked, before speaking again. "He's a good man.. He'll get your people safely away from here, I am certain." He praised the soldier, with a nod towards the door, as he awaited the ones around him. He needed nothing on his travel, but his companions. He would not have to eat, for several days now, and he'd had bits of Lady Ava's blood, making him more empowered, for still some time.

Emmerick looked towards Ava as she spoke, smiling lightly at her questions. As she walked to sit before him, he slowly crouched down in front of her, not taking his brown-ish eyes of hers. And as he felt her hand upon his, he turned his own, to gently stroke hers with a thumb, as he looked down upon it. "No.. No, it is not.. I will be.. 'Betraying'. The ones I once trusted. And that, because I 'think' they've lied to me.. But.." He paused, as he looked up upon her again, before embracing her hand in both his. "I've learnt, that there is other values, then cold dead land, Estates and territories. I was already having doubts, when I was stationed to attack your Estate. But being here.. Truly opened my eyes. I found something, certainly worth fighting for." He said, as he looked upon her eyes. He then chuckled lightly at his coming words, as he rose one hand to her cheek, placing it there, to gently stroke her cheek with his thumb. "And your laughter sounds far better, then your frown looks." He teased, grinning lightly as Lydia entered, before removing his hand, and straightening up again.

As Lydia entered, Emmerick smiled lightly, looking down himself, as he started loosening his belt, to make space for the pistols, that was sure to be closing in, with Amelia. He listened to the two speaking, and sighed lightly, with a short, sorrowful expression, eyeing out the window. Care like this, was so hard to come by, where he came from. His father and siblings, certainly never bid him fare well that way. Then as they spoke of him again, he looked back upon them, with a smile, placing a hand upon her's. "I'll keep her safe, Madame Lydia. No harm will fall upon her, whilst she walks with me." He said, before letting go of Ava's hand, as she left the room. As she'd left, Emmerick was about to continue with his belt, before Lydia spoke, and caught her attention. He had to clear his throat lightly at her words, before taking them in entirely.
"If there is no time for such feelings.. There is no time for life.. I am no fiend.. I would never break another's heart, purely for my own amusement. Not all men, where chiseled from stone." He didn't speak offended, very much understanding towards her fears. He placed a hand on her shoulder, as he finished. "I won't hurt your Mistress, Madame Lydia.. Worry about your own safety, it will be too hard for you, to carry Lady Ava's burden as well." He managed to end, just as Ava entered the room again, and he smiled up upon her, before he reached down for his boots, beginning to apply them. He chuckled at her concern, shaking his head as he looked up.
"Oh no, of course not.. She'd had to work a lot harder, if she wanted to scare me." He said, chuckling lightly with a smile, as he applied his second boot.

Just then, Amelia entered the room, carrying the four rifles, bag of four pistols, bag of bullets and a keg, attached to her belt, carrying powder. the two sabers and the dagger in her belt as well. "We're provisioned. Here.. Those are for you to pick from, Emmerick." She said, throwing two of the rifles to him, and then the third, keeping the last. "This ones mine." She grinned lightly, before looking down to Ava. "Lady Ava.. Have you ever.. Reloaded a Rifle, or a Pistol?" She asked, smiling as she sat down by Ava's side, bringing the keg down in front of herself, the bag of bullets by her other side, and the bag of pistols in front of her. "Me and Emmerick, are trained to have a reloader, reload our first fired weapon, whilst we aim our second. It's a tactic, that gives us the ability, to doubly our effectiveness." She explained, as she took out one of the pistols in front of her, filled a small tube shaped container with gunpowder, and waited for Ava's response, smiling upon her. "Oh, and by the way, the outfit suits you.." She complimented, grinning lightly as she giggled a single time.

Lovely. Not many men could stand Lydia's harsh and protective personality. The conversation that had played between the two was blissful ignorance to the Lady. The was no way she could focus on the tasks set before them with such ideas floating about in her head. Oddly enough, wherever Emmerick seemed to tough her, there was left a faint sensation, reminding her of his caress. She found herself always smiling, though in a lax manner, it was hard to stop smiling. Thanks to Emmerick and a slew of compliments she actually had to work on concentrating on what she was doing. She couldn't have been more relieved when Amelia appeared in the room with them. Her arms and hips armed with various weapons. Ava's eye lit up at the sight of the daggers. Her favorite weapon of choice. She was a tad nervous when asked about the rifles and the pistols. When it came to shots.... she sucked. There were no ifs, ans, or buts about it.
"Reloading, yes. Shooting, no. And thank you." The compliment on her choice of attire was unforeseen, and very very welcomed. Her hand reched forth and grabbed one of the dagger and admired the sharpened weapon and the embedded tong of the hilt. Such a clean cut. "Do you mind?" She asked politely with the look of child so excited. "Perhaps when we find another safe place to rest our heads you could teach me a few thing." Amelia was, no doubt, a well informed woman in an area that Ava have very little knowledge about.

"We will leave tonight, and Alistair has the plans to take the rest on the morrow. I have all I need and.." A heavy sigh sounded from her lips, " and Lydia is all well and done." She took a black silk ribbon and tied her loose tendrils back. The dagger was hilted and now she stood in wonder as to what was left. "There is nothing else left to do... but leave." She dawned a her lax look of comfort and wandered out of the room with the satchel tied to her waist and the dagger at her side. Down the stairs, she wandered. Various people here and there gathering things and swapping words. Clearing the hall for their mistress as she made her way to the back of the house. Her heart was racing as the moment drew closer and closer. Especially knowing that Holtest were out there in the darkness of the night, where she could not see them, but Emmerick knew and everything was in his hands, she had to trust him.

There was a breeze in the air. The trees afar rustled and very few clouds hung in the sky. A crescent moon hung in the sky amongst a canopy of stars. The night was beautiful, but it was a slight disadvantage in her eyes. More clouds would have provided wonderful cover, but they would have to make due with what they had. The wind rustled her raven mane and the moon lit up her eyes. She walked back in the house for a moment and took a seat upon the counter. The anxiousness settling in hard. She was wise and smart, but brave? Mildly so, maybe, but were she truly brave then she would be on the front with her men. It was.... a Lock thing. Even her brothers use the men as pawns from the safety of their lavished and safe homes.

Her mind rattled with various emotions: anxiety, fear, adrenaline, and a dash of excitement. "I'm sorry. From the counter top, she hopped onto her feet. Her gaze remained to the floor. One hand ghosting over the hilt of her dagger. "Emmerick? How are we going about this and... where are we headed?" Finally she was able to tear her eyes from the floor and box up all the crazy cocktails of emotions that were driving her insane.

Emmerick could only return the warm smile of Ava, with his own gentle smile. And as Amelia entered, it only grew, as he chuckled, catching the rifles. "Of coourse. T ake the best one for yourself, why don't you?" He complained as a tease, grinning before he placed the rifles upon the bed. He picked one up at a time, aiming down their sights, and checking their barrels.
"Of course." Amelia said, grinning lightly, before picking out two of the pistols, and then putting the bag on the other side of Ava, to be closer to him. She then looked to Ava, as she took the Dagger from her belt, smiling lightly as she watched it. "Of course.. Just remember.. You own the weapon.. Not the other way around." She said, with an almost teaching voice. She remembered her own fascination of her rifle, when she first got one in hand. She'd ended up getting trigger happy for some time, and Emmerick had been forced to help her out of some problems. It wasn't pretty.

"Oh I wasn't expecting you to do any shooting, Lady Ava.. It's a technique, where me and Emmerick aim and fire one weapon." She pointed her pistol, and made a notion, as if she fired. Even though she just made a play, she still held her arm straight, and bend it in the correct fashion, as one was supposed to, firing these heavy pistols. "And then once fired, we hand the gun over to you." She explained, turning the gun in her hand, so it only lay upon her palm, and then offered it to her. "Then you reload it, we aim our second pistol, and we then switch. You will only have to use this technique with one of us, at a time. Which will most likely be Emmerick. I favoratise a Rifle." She said, padding the rifle on her shoudler's strap, with a smile. Emmerick chuckled lightly, as he swung one rifle over one side of his neck, and another over the other.
"And with time, one gets the ability to use four weapons, after one another.. A technique my father taught me. It just requires a good helping hand. You know how to handle that, right?" He asked with a slightly teasing grin, as he walked over to Amelia, holding out a hand, as she offered him his saber, hanging it in his belt, as he did the same with the Lock weapons. It was strange. Their technologies and designs, seemed so alike. He had to find out what started this war. He had to find a way to end it.

Emmerick and Amelia both listened to Ava's word, nodding of what she spoke, following her as they head towards the rear of the house. Although she was placing her life in their hands, they both still saw her as a superior. One because she was a mere soldier, the other because he respected her, and they where in his house. Amelia frowned lightly as they where on their way, tilting her head as it lowered lightly.
"It doesn't feel right, ripping you from your Estate this way.. I.. I know it's the right thing to do, but.. We're taking you away from everything you ever knew.. While.. WE just continue what we've always done." She explained, looking a bit up again. Emmerick looked to Amelia, having to look a bit down, being about a head taller then her.
"Not entirely.." he said, causing Amelia to look up, in question. "We won't be fighting Locks, this time.. This time, we'll fight for our belief. Not the Monarch's." He said, smiling as he placed a hand upon her shoulder, squeezing it lightly. It caused a smile upon her lips, before she looked over to Ava. She admired her, somewhat. It had to take a lot, to take this travel. She was used to a cozy warm Estate, ocationally seeing the aftermath of war. Now she was walking straight into it.

As they reached the back door, Emmerick looked for Alistair, expecting him to be there, and ready to sound the retreat, should the Horn of the Holtests be blown. But then as he noticed Lady Ava returning inside, and sitting upon a counter, he walked over towards her, as well as Amelia, who'd followed Ava in the first place. Emmerick smiled lightly at her apology, placing a hand on her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. "There's nothing to apologize for. It is not like we're going for a pick nick, in the summer sun." He said, with a soft chuckle. "Your not alone with your fear. I fret what'll happen as well. I've always done so, when leading my soldiers into war, or preparing them to defend themselves. But you learn to use the fear as fuel for your resolve. And always keep your hopes up.. We will find my fathers Adviser, and we will find a solution to this war.." Amelia smiled at Emmericks words, and nodded a few times, as she kept her eyes upon Ava.
"Remember that we're here.. And we'll make sure we get to our destination, unharmed." She said, nodding a single time with a smile.

As she asked for their direction, Emmerick turned his attention towards the door. He then looked back upon Ava, and nodded towards the door. "How about we just, get on the way, hm?" He suggested, smiling as he turned towards the door. Amelia waited for Ava, becoming the last in line, as they exited the door. As they where only a few feet out from the door, Emmerick pointed towards the small hill, they where going to use as cover. "I will first head over there. Watch how I tread, and do as I.. Take what time you might need, to get your first footing. Your leaving a lot behind, so I don't expect you to be right behind me.." He said, before taking a few steps towards his destination, halting as he'd done so, before looking back towards Ava. "Good luck, Lady Ava." He said, before turning his attention forward. He tread the grounds behind the house, in no straight line. He used what ever he met as cover, to block view of him from the outpost. A tree. A bush he knelt behind. Anything. And he always walked crouched forwards, never with a straight back.

As he finally reached the hill, he walked behind it, only to crawl out, on his stomach, to make a few waves, that only they would see, and that couldn't be seen from the outpost. Amelia nodded a single time as she saw the nod, before looking to Ava. "Are you ready?" She asked, smiling lightly to try and comfort her, as she placed a hand on Ava's shoulder.

It was certainly comforting that she was not expected to do any shooting. While her advantage in a ranged battle was highly limited, she learned a few tricks with a dagger. It wasn't easy. It wasn't easy leaving her home, but the goal was far more precious and in the end it would all be worth it, if they saw this through. Again Emmerick managed to have a smile tug at the corner of her heavy lips with a touch of humor about a picnic. Amelia's support was always a lovely pick me up. Her green orbs followed his to the sight of the back door. Beyond which lay the pathway to their first steps to taming this war. As Emmerick headed towards the door, Ava hopped off of the kitchen counter top and followed behind him before looking over her shoulder and seeing Amelia bringing up the end. Her eyes looked over to the hill that he indicated.

She watched in silence as he took the first few steps and wished her luck. Her hands were laced together before her as she he kept a low profile and utilized every inch of cover that he could use to his advantage. Weaving here and there and watching his footing with cautiousness. Only when he made it to the hill did she realize that she was holding her breath and had just released a much needed breath. She watched as the former general waved a hand, signaling the next person, which was Ava. She felt Amelia's hand upon her shoulder and Ava rested one on top of it and gave her a silent nod as an answer before she instinctively grazed the hilt of her dagger and double checked that her satchel was secure.

She walked in his footsteps and stared hard at the ground when ever she did move. She met the outhouse, halfway to her finally destination. Almost every sound seemed to be amplified, even her breathing, which was actually normal. Surprisingly her heart was not racing. Her profile remained low, which did not take much since she was on the short side. The thick trunk of the trees played to her advantage. The neutral color of her attire played to her advantage. She was not completely without knowledge. The urge to look back was great, the entire way, but before she knew it... she was there. She had reached the hill and at Emmerick's side looking back at her house. The leap was not as bad as she had thought. The lights in the house had gone off. Leave it to Alistair to play it as thought things were normal. If the lights were on so late in the night, then surely they would suspect something. The only lights that remained were in the kitchen and a lavatory. That was only from the back. She could only hope that everyone was at the ready in the kitchen. She was the back door leading to the kitchen crack open and saw Allistair's familiar face.

She silently breathed a sigh of relief and could only be sure that they were in the clear. She would never stop worrying about them. it was... after all... her words that were bringing them outside of the home, to venture to her brother's lands. If they made it pass the valley, they would have minimal problems, making the voyage. Now the worry was aside. She had just done a complete one eighty in her head in a matter of, seconds? Minutes? Time was really not making sense here. Amelia was a master's apprentice and would no doubt make it look as easy as pie. A large cloud slowly drifted past the moon, cutting the light significantly. The butterflies had decreased and her calmness returned a bit. She would not utter a word until she was spoken to. All there was to do was follow his lead and should nervousness rear its ugly head, she always had Amelia to fall back on. She was close at Emmerick's side, just waiting for Amelia.

Emmericks watchful eyes, observed Ava, as she got on her way. She hadn't spend long to get her footing, and let bravery overcome her, before she took her first steps, out on the yard. She moved as smoothly as he had, considering his weaponry, and he smiled lightly, with a somewhat surprised chuckle. He hadn't expected to see a Lady of an Estate, move so elegantly and smooth. Then again. Elegance where her trait. As she neared, his eyes shortly gazed towards the outpost. He narrowed his eyes, letting his senses focus, seeing no one at the observation point. The moon was still not covered from that ankle, and it gave him somewhat of an idea, if any outlooks where there. And as soon as Ava arrived, he tapped her shoulder, gently, as she got down by his side.
"Good job, Mi'Lady.. One would think you often snuk out of your Estate.." He whispered with a soft grin, before looking towards the outpost again.

Amelia returned the silent nod, and had padded Ava's shoulder as she got on her way. Amelia didn't wait for Ava to be all the way across, but only remained two cover points behind, taking short breaks, when ever Ava did. When she was crouched, it almost looked like she was crawling over the ground, being far more stealthy then Emmerick had been. She'd done many a covert missions, and had gotten used to this type of life. Emmerick was much more blunt and straight forward. Amelia smiled as she saw Ava reach the hill, before herself taking the last few paces.

As Amelia reached the others, Emmerick put a hand on her back, as he rose from the ground, getting behind the hill, where he took a few steps forward, thinking over maps in his head. Amelia looked to Ava, smiling excitedly at her. "Wasn't that exciting?" She asked, grinning lightly with a wink, as she placed a hand on Ava's arm. "Good job, Lady Ava.." She complimented with a silent voice, before nodding towards Emmerick and then walking towards him. Emmerick turned his attention to his companions, smiling widely followed by a sigh.
"Well then. We will be heading east, before we start heading south. We're aiming for the old abandoned Estate: 'Braaendenburg'. The adviser where rumored to hang out there, causing no one to approach the place. He's been called many things, a Wizard, a Demon, among others. Most seem to fear him, others seemed ignorant. And now. We're going to be seeking out this man." he said, with a somewhat humored voice, seeing the craze in their choice of allies. If the man should even decide to help them. But they could do nothing else, then merely hope. "Let's be on our way, right away. There is a town we can seek refuge in, not more then a days march from here. It's neutral, as here, and is a place sought out by bandits, making it less interesting for the Holtest family, at least." He said, not even blinking as he said it was a place bandits resided.

Amelia sighed lightly, as Emmerick turned and started leading the way. "Really 'Treestup'? Is there no other place we can rest on the way?" She said, shaking her head with somewhat disdain. She didn't wish to bring the Lady into a place such as that, knowing it even creeped her out. Emmerick chuckled lightly a single time, before looking back at Amelia.
"Not really. Unless you wish to rest in a Holtest occupied town?" He suggested. Amelia sighed again, lowering her head in defeat.
"It really isn't a place for a Lady.." She complained, causing Emmerick to raise a brow, before looking upon Ava with a slight grin.
"Lady Ava here, was a Lady the day before this, and will be again with all this is solved. At this time. She will be.. Madame Avenis? Angelie?" he suggested alias', as he lead them towards a thick forest, pushing away leaves on his way, holding some for Ava to pass through, before making a short pause. "Perhaps you should pick your alias yourself, Ava?" He suggested. "We can't be using your true identity out here. Especially not in Treestump. Out here, my name is Evanchest.. What shall we call you?" He asked. Amelia looked up to Ava in dismay, not really liking this idea. But as Lydia had to give in, so did she. She knew Emmerick was right. Out here, people knew of the Lock and Holtests, and weren't particularly appreciated.

Ava watch with a smile as Amelia joined them with ease. She playfully punched Emmerick as he mentioned her sneaking out of the estate. As Amelia placed a hand upon on her arm Ava stood up on her feet and gave her a smile and nod. Yes, it was easy. "Thanks." They sure were reassuring and motivating and it was not that she realized that all of her butterflies were completely gone. She gave Amelia a hug from behind before joining her side as Emmerick spoke of their plans from here. "A demon? A wizard? Wonderful, and I thought it could get no better." She said with a sly smile at her jest. It was nice that they were going to a neutral town...."Bandits?" Ava nearly laughed but kept her voice down. "And Emmerick proves me wrong, thanks." She uttered sarcastically with half of smile. Amelia's reaction only confirmed what Ava had thought. She had pictured nothing too good about where they were headed and Amelia seemed to voice what she was thinking. She blushed when Amelia mentioned that it was not a place for a Lady. She followed as Emmerick made way through the forest and an alias was discussed.

"First off, outside of those walls.... I'm just Ava to you. Just Ava. I'm the daughter of a Lock an he's the son of a Holtest. I see no reason to be called a 'Lady' if he does not have to be called 'Lord'. Second, I can get dirty Amelia." Ava muffled a laugh by biting down on her lower lip as they continued on. "I'm not completely pampered. I've climbed trees, scraped my knee... oddly enough I've been stabbed. That man is dead... I assure you. I've even played in the dirt. You don't... have... to... worry." Her boots stepped on the foliage, making the paths a bit clearer. "I was raised with four brothers... I kind of have to learn to take pain and get dirty." The childhood she had was certainly an interesting one. As far as an alias went, it had to be something the would easily remember, otherwise she could easily blow her own cover. "Abby." She decided. "Short for Abigail." That, she could easily remember.

"Can you remember Abby, Evanchest?" She teased as they continued on. The moon pierced through the canopy above and fed rays of light to guide their way. "Not 'Madam' , just Abby." She added. This was certainly going to be a long venture with him. At least it was somewhat entertaining. "You two are more like brother and sister, than anything else. Amelia being the the smart one and Emmerick being the smart allic." She bit back a small laugh until a small sigh escaped her lips. She had spoken enough. As they were walking she froze in her tracks. She could have sworn she heard something. Her brief pause was only for a second before she continued on the designated path. She winced for a brief second as something managed to scratch her... most likely the twig of a branch or something. For the time being she had completely forgotten that Emmerick was that mythical beast, rather than a plain human. It just barely broke the skin and the smallest and thinnest of lines took a while to slowly swell up with blood to where it was actually visible.

She forgot about the creature that lingered about. She had never ventured past her home. "So we will get e room in the village and got from there in the morning?" She wanted to not think about Lydia and all the others, for the time being. She thought she heard a horn and knew that it was only her mind playing tricks on her. They would be fine and end up at her brothers safely. Now she pondered what her brothers would do when they sought her. No one from her estate knew where she was saving... save for Lydia. For a moment she panicked in silence then remembered how Lydia was with her brothers. She was a tough shell to crack.

Amelia smiled at the thanks, hoping Ava took it to her, wanting Ava to stay bright, and not have the darkness swelling over her, like she herself did. She was afraid, of what might happen. But her fear was lulled away, with Ava's gentle embrace. She smiled, for the first time blushing lightly, as she placed one of her hands over Ava's. "Your welcome." She said with another gentle smile. And as Ava let go, she found one of Ava's hands, to grasp it with her own, keeping them together as they walked. She chuckled a bit at Ava's reaction to the characterization of the hermit. Emmerick as well chuckled with a grin over his shoulder as they continued.
"You've clearly never met a Demon. Vicious, devious bastards they are, mind my language. One moment one'll be trying not to look into their eyes, the other your enchanted by them, and would do anything the fiend asks of you.." He explained as they continued. Amelia sighed lightly at his words.
"Your not really comforting in your words, Erick..." She complained with a light chuckle. Amelia then also smiled at Ava's words of the bandits, both of them causing Emmerick to chuckle.
"Come now, dearies. Where's your sense of excitement, hm?" He asked with a grin over his shoulder. "Remember now.. I do not need rest.. I'll be awake, while you pretty ladies sleep, and I won't let any filthy cutpurse near your gracious figures.." He teased, again pushing away a branch, for Ava and Amelia to pass.

Amelia listened carefully to Ava as she spoke, realizing it made sense. Emmerick chuckled lightly, as he was referred to, as a 'Lord'. "Well, technically I'd be referred to, as 'General', or just 'sir'. I'm no Estate dwelling Lord, no offence meant." He explained, chuckling lightly with a grin. Amelia sighed lightly and nodded at their reason, as she listened to Ava's stories. She rose her brows lightly at her story of being wounded, not at all having expected that.
"Who would ever try to stab you down?" Amelia asked, surprised. Emmerick smiled lightly, at the oblivious young lass.
"Just about any desperate soul. She's expected to have everything. Envy can be a deadly motivation." He gave his guess, on why someone would try to hurt the beautiful Lady. Amelia pouted a bit at their reason, knowing already, that they where right. But she stilled sighed, and nodded a few times, as Ava suggested an alias.
"Alright.. Although it'll be hard for me, to not call you Lady... Abby.." She said, chuckling a bit with a smile. Emmerick looked to Ava, as she picked her name, smiling with a few nods, before they sat on their way again. He laughed silently at her tease, grinning over his shoulder.

"Your certainly growing on us, aren't you? Not too formal anymore? You little tease, yeah I think I could just manage to remember Abby.." He nodded, smiling to show, no harm was done. He was quite happy, that the Lady had gotten frisky, and seemingly happy about where she was, and who she was with. She had seemed that from the start, but his attitude and humor, was growing on her. Amelia also chuckled, and smiled when she referred to them, as being siblings. Emmerick as well smiled, but continued leading them forward.
"Well.. Emmerick is as a father to me.. He feel's like family to me, now. My father was never really there for me, Emmerick was.." She explained, smiling over towards Emmerick. He chuckled lightly, leaping over a fallen tree, blocking their path. He turned around, offering a hand to Ava, just as she froze in her steps, clearly hearing their followers. He smiled lightly at her fright.
"Do not worry. What you hear, are scavengers.. Their the reason, we can't sleep out here.. If we do, our bones will be picked whilst we sleep. They only ever attack, when a party goes still." He explained to her, and if she accepted his help, he took her hand, helping her over the tree, with his leverage. Amelia just leaped over it, Emmerick already knowing she'd take offence, if he offered her any help.

Already in the second, Ava cut herself, Emmerick's nose where tingling. That sweet sent, was just enthralling. He still had some of the effect of the last time he tasted it, sighing at the memory of it's taste. Nothing as pristine, had ever graced his lips. Emmerick kept trying to focus his stare forwards, and not look tempted back at Ava. He had promised her, Lydia and himself that he would not give in to this temptation. Amelia, on the other hand, noticed the scratch, and took out a small bandage, leading Ava to a stop. Her eyes looked towards Emmerick, who stopped as they did, not looking back towards them.
"Remember? Your open wounds.. Will probably tease the hell out of Emmerick.." She whispered with a small chuckle, as she bandaged the wound. Although minor, they had to do anything in their power, to not tempt Emmerick more then necessary. Emmerick sighed as the bandage was over, only really making a tiny difference.
"Thanks." He thanked, as he headed towards the exit of the forest, smiling as they now had the small village in sight. "There we go.. Just a few more miles." He said with a smile, starting to lead down the hill, still trying to ignore his instincts.

She took no offense to being only the Lady of an Estate. Ava had certainly gotten accustomed to his humor and she was sure it was the other way around. They had grown on her. She listened to Amelia as she mentioned the possible habit of calling her by her aforementioned title. "Well if we are going to be around bandit, it is probably best to just drop the titles. Titles tend to hint at money and we need no attention drawn to us." She may have heard more noises, but put them aside, reassured that as long as they kept walking they would be left alone. The cut did not really bother her and she completely forgot the effect that it had on the pure Holtest that accompanied her. She stopped her footing as Amelia began putting a bandage on her cut. She smiled and fought a small laugh at the idea to teasing Emmerick with the scent of her own blood. it was a bad idea as she could only imagine the bit of torturing effect that it had on him, but still she jested. "Come on, where's your sense of excitement?" She mocked with a casual smile as she pressed the bandage securely onto her skin.

She had not realized how much time had actually gone by, by the time they had reached the end of the forest. The position of the moon spoke a lot. Gas lanterns lit the night a little from afar. Signalling the village that sat just a few miles away. Already her vivid imagination went away with her. Picturing masked men holding them up for their valuables and Amelia and Emmerick fighting with ease while she just... stood there. She had never been in actual combat. Only training with her brothers. She was glad to be under the cover of the night and the brief nap that she had taken kept her suspended a little while longer. The reason for her lack of weariness. "I an only imagine what my brothers will do once they find out that I am missing. Well, not missing because I do know where I am, but..." She sighed. Having caught herself rambling on. "They are... kill the Holtest first, ask questions later kind of people. I am sad to say." Her eyes remained fixed on the ground, watching her every step.

"Needless to say i am very sheltered, so I have never seen a demon. What makes you think I'm not a demon?" She cracked half a smile as she hid her eyes from them. "You trust me so easily, no?" Ava jested. "How can you tell who is not possessed by a demon?" She did turn her green orbs to look at Amelia. "He certainly is an acquired taste, isn't he? How do you do it Amelia? What is your secret?" Not many women could tolerate such a quick tongue and humor to boot, but Ava and Amelia seemed to. In fact, it seem contagious. For every little jest he spoke, she threw something right back. They clearly had a healthy history and she found herself wondering if this was what it was like having a sister. Being the only female amongst a batch of five children was certainly lacking in estrogen. Her mother had works so hard to teach her to be a lady. "I wish I had grown up with a sister. It's hard having you mother groom and teach you to be a proper girl with nothing but brothers. Hard when your brothers throw mud at you and you have little to no choice but to stand there and take it, cry to mommy, or handle things yourself and get dirty while taking your revenge. Mother certainly was not fond of my choice, but I refused to be walked on."

She attempted to ceased her ramblings once more. To contain her random thoughts within her head. She seemed to be jumping from one conversation to another. her eyes remained fixed upon the ground and when she looked up, she noticed that they had made a considerable dent in distance towards their destination. Ahhh, now she was starting to feel the first bit of weariness, and it had been so long since she had been on her feet for so long of a time. It would certainly have its effect in the morning, but she would not let that slow down their pursuit. She could already picture a bed. How comfortable. Not even a nice bed. Even a cot would have done. Anything to rest. It certainly kept her going. She wasn't too tired. It would probably hit her like a tone of bricks when they finally got a room though.

Back
Top Bottom