Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mismatched Partners (kittykat4 and Josu_T)

Annabell woke up in a better mood than she had since she found out Alex was her partner. She walked into the studio humming and continued to hum while she warmed up. She took her potition with Alex and actually smiled at him which wasn't normal for her. As they danced she messed up as she did with the last dance but she didnt get as frustrated as before.

Alex was surprised by Annabell's attitude when she got to the studio and started to dance. When she made a mistake she still seemed happy. Alex was getting really confused. When they had a pause he looked at her carefully. "What is going on with you? You look a lot happier than normal. I don't think that it is bad that you are happy, I'm just a little confused. What happened last night." He was wondering if she had met a guy or something along those lines. If that was the case it would really help him stop worrying about calling one of her friends.

Annabell smiled at him "Nothing why? I'm not allowed to be happy?" She said before walking to her things and getting a drink of her water. She didn't know why he cared even she didn't know why she was happy, it was just how she felt that morning and nothing had ruined it so far so why not keep the attitude? Waiting for them to start again she went through the steps on her own humming the tempo as she went.

Alex shrugged and went to get some water himself. He figured she did meet a guy and just didn't want to say anything. That was fine with him. It was actually better, because it let him feel confident in his decision. After their break they got back to dancing. He worked hard through the practice and didn't bother her any more. After their practice was over he gathered his things and left. He got his phone out and found the number of Annabell's friend who he had enjoyed dancing with the most. He called her and got her voicemail. He left a message simply inviting her out for coffee or something similar. He then went home to get a meal and to wait for a response.

After Annabell got home her friend called and told her that Alex had called her. Her friend asked if it'd be weird for her to go out with him and Annabell said it wouldn't. Her friend got exited and told her that she'd give him a call, Annabell hung up and set her phone down. He asked out her friend it wouldn't be weird not like she cared, sure he was atractive but nothing weird at all.

After a while Alex got a call from the girl. He smiled as she seemed happy to go out with him. They set up a time and place for the next day an hour after Alex's dance practice. As far as he knew Annabell knew nothing about it. He smiled as the conversation ended. He was feeling quite happy that he would get to spend some time with a nice girl. He wasn't sure what might come from it, but that wasn't too important. If it didn't work out then it didn't work out. He wasn't going to get stressed about it.

Anna spent some of the night working on the routine she needed to perfect. Her firend ended up coming over more exited then when she called her. Her friend practiclt begged her to pick out an outfit for her date which Annabell couldn't say no. They spent the rest of the night looking for something nice but sexy for her to wear. Finally they found something and her friend went home leaving Annabell alone again

The rest of the night was quite relaxing. In the morning Alex got up and got ready for the day. He didn't plan on telling Annabell anything if she didn't already know. He figured it wasn't important. He packed some nice clothes in his bag so he could get changed after practice and go right to the date. He knew there would be an hour after they were finished before the date happened, but that just meant he could take his time. He didn't expect practice to take too long. Both he and Annabell had been doing well and they should be able to do the pieces without too much effort.

When Annabell got to the studio she warmed up and waited for Alex she had to talk to him. If he was going to be dating her friend he needed to know somethings, important things. While she waited she went over the outine just as she did the night before just to make sure she had it down and wouldn't mess up. She paused thinking about why he would dat her friend, not that she was undateable but it seemed odd to her.

Alex arrived at the studio and got ready for practice. He stretched and got warmed up. When he saw the other three arrive he smiled at them and went to see what the plan for practice was. He was prepared. Their coach and choreographer explained they needed to get set up. Alex shrugged and looked at Annabell. She didn't seem quite as happy as she had been the day before. He didn't care enough to try asking her about it again. Her response the day before had really made it clear that they were simply dance partners and nothing more. That was fine with him. He still wasn't too pleased about having her as a partner, but it was getting better.

After they were told what they were going to be doing for practice she walked up to him "Your dating my friend. She is very sensitive. If you hurt her I'll hurt you." She put her hands on her hips waiting for him to respond he'd probably hate how she said it but she needed to get her point across without any kindness. She wanted him to know she wasn't playing around with this, it wasn't just a threat .

When Annabell gave him the ultimatum Alex looked at her with surprise and confusion. It took a second, but he responded. "If you think I'm doing this to intentionaly hurt her or just to have a good time then you are wrong. You have nothing to worry about. I can't promise that this will work out and that we will be together for a long time. I can't possibly know that. I can't guarantee that she won't feel hurt if it doesn't work out, but it won't be on purpose. I liked spending time with her the other night at the club and that is why I called her."

"Good" she expected him to get angry but he didn't "Well now that that's been discused lets get this started" she took her position and waited for him to join her. She was glad her friend wouldn't get hurt her friend but it seemed odd for him to be going out with her.

Alex didn't respond. He wasn't pleased with her confronting him in that way. He took his position, but didn't really look at her. He waited for the music to start. When it did he focused only on his moves. He wasn't worried about making sure he led Annabell to help her avoid mistakes. When they paused he didn't say anything to her either. He spoke with the other two to find out what he needed to do better. He made it clear he was unhappy with how she had been acting. It may have seemed a bit childish, but he didn't care.

Annabell danced with him noticing he wasn't looking at her she ignored it until after practice but when he wouldn't talk to her it bothered her. She sighed realizing he must have been reacting to how she approched him about her friend. She walked up to him "Alex, I'm sorry for the way I acted. I just don't want her to get hurt, especially by you no offence it would just make me hate you again" She leand on the wall waiting for him to respond.

As they finished their practice Alex wanted to get to the shower as soon as possible. When Annabell stopped him he looked at her without saying anything. Her comment didn't improve his mood. "If you are worried about it then approach me like an adult. Don't confront me as if I've already done something wrong. Talk to me and bring up your concerns politely like you would expect me to do for you. And your friend is a grown woman. She can make her own decisions. She decided she wanted to accept my offer and that is up to her. If you don't think it is a good idea then tell her, not me."

"I never said i didn't like the idea. I just didn't want her to get hurt weather she's a grown woman or not. But I said I was sorry ok what more do you want me to say?" She was annoyed he didn't accept her apology She didn't know what else to say for him to forgive her and she wasn't going to bend over backwars for him to accept it either. She crossed her arms getting off the wall and went to gather her things.

Alex said nothing more. When Annabell walked away he shrugged, turned, and went to start getting ready for his date. He took his time showering and made sure he was going to look nice. After his shower he shaved and got dressed. He put on the nice clothes he had brought with him. Once he was dressed he put all of his things away. He had enough time to drop his things from practice at his apartment and then went to his date. He arrived a few minutes early and waited for the girl to arrive. He didn't bother himself with the things Annabell had said. He was just going to enjoy the date and see where things went from there.

Annabell picked up her things and left, she went straight home since she promised her friend she would help her get ready. Something in her felt bad, she and Alex were getting along a little but she ruined it When she got hom her friend was already half dressed she helped her finish and wished her luck on her date. She sighed and sat on her couch, she wouldn't normally worry so much about her friend but now was differant. The thought of her being jealous but she dismissed it why would she be jealous she didn't even like the guy.

When Alex's date arrived Alex stood up to greet her. They then sat and started to talk. the next few hours were a lot of fun. Alex really liked her. She was a fun person to spend time with. Yet as the date went on he realised that she just wasn't someone he wanted to be in a relationship with. He'd happily be friends with her, but he just couldn't see her as a girlfriend. As their date came to an end he thought about what to do. He decided that it wasn't right to end their time together with something negative. They walked together for a while and then it was time to separate. The goodbye felt a little awkward, but Alex was happy as he returned home. He had a feeling he might have to discuss the date with Annabell the next day, but he didn't care. He would also have to call the girl in the next day or two to discuss the future of their relationship and to tell her that it should be as friends. He just hoped she felt the same way.

(Sorry I've been really busy)

Annabell's friend had called her after the date was over and told her all about it. Her friend really liked Alex and Annabell was happy for her. They talked for awhile longer then hung up, Annabell began wondering if Alex had a great time himself but she wouldn't ask him it was none of her business. Besides she still didn't know if he was still mad at her about what happened during practice.

Alex had a hard time sleeping that night as he worried about what the two girls would think. Eventually he got some rest, but woke in the morning feeling tired. He decided not to do his regular routine and got an extra hour of sleep. After his extra sleep he felt much better. He quickly ate breakfast and got dressed for the practice. He made his way to the dance studio and quickly started to stretch. He was a little early mostly because he hadn't taken his time at home. He wasn't sure what to expect from Annabell when she arrived. He just hoped they could get along.

When she woke up the next morning she didn't feel too well but she figured it would go away during the day. She got dressed, skipped breakfast and headed to the studio. Once she got to the studio she dropped her things in a corner and started stretching, she hadn't even noticed anyone else was there. As she stretched she ignored her head throbbing and her stomach jerking around.

Alex looked up when he heard the door opened and gave a soft smile when he saw Annabell enter. She seemed to ignore him completely. She didn't seem to have much focus at all. She seemed out of it. His annoyance faded as he started to worry about what might be wrong. He got up and walked over to her. He took a seat next to her and continued to stretch. "Hey, good morning. How are you feeling? You're looking a bit off today. If you aren't feeling well we don't need to practice. No need to make anything worse."

Annabell looked up when she saw him sit net to her and smiled weakly at his worrying "No I'm fine, I'm sure it'll fade." She stopped stretching and leaned aganst the wall and watched Alex stretch. "So how'd your date go? She sad she had a great time by the way" she said trying to change the subject. She didn't want him to worry about her she would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom