Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zombie Nation (Puppet_Mistress, XanderX)

Puppet_Mistress

Planetoid
Six years ago on July 12th scientists from all over the world gathered at the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia. These scientists were brought together to work as a team to find a cure for the epidemic known as HIV. The virus had gotten out of control in the decades since it had been discovered. People were becoming victims of the virus everyday. These scientists worked night and day experimenting on the virus trying to make a cure.

On December 17th two years later a cure had been believed to be in existence discovered by the same scientists that had come together four years before. They had named it Lotus after the ancient Asian belief that the Lotus represents the virtues of sexual purity. It was the perfect name for what they had believed that they accomplished. The cure had been distributed to patients infected with HIV. The test subjects responded at first positively, but after hours of observation the patients started developing a fever. The doctors on watch had no idea what was happening. The animal primates they had tested with the cure had had no such affects. They were baffled. The fever climbed higher. The doctors took more tests and came to find that the virus was mutating rapidly destroying the cells of all the subjects involved in the testing. It was terrifying how fast the virus was mutating. They proceeded to try and find a clue as to why the virus was responding so poorly to the cure. In the process of doing more tests one of the doctors was bitten by a patient. In just hours he was showing signs of fever. Upon taking samples from the him the scientists and remaining doctors discovered that he was infected with a combination of both the HIV virus and the cure Lotus. It was a horrible mutation of the two together that seemed to kill the victims slowly by a rising fever and then hours later reanimating the brain enough to function with only primal instincts to kill and eat, the infected seemed to only want the flesh of the living. After much deliberation they decided to call this new strain of the virus Dark Lotus. The virus was contained.

Just over two years later in the coldest winter ever recorded in Atlanta, Georgia the virus was stolen by one of the junior scientists assigned to the upkeep of the virus. He was on a need to know basis and had no idea of the virus's mutation. He stole the virus, set free the test subjects, and escaped the facility unnoticed. After doing that he made more of the virus that he thought was the cure for HIV and started traveling the world distributing it to many HIV positive victims. He was unaware he was really letting Dark Lotus take over the world. In the process of distributing the virus the male was then infected with it himself. He died still unaware of the nightmare he had unleashed on the world.

Humans left and right were infected with a deadly virus. Killing them then reviving them with the basic instincts to hunt and feed. Later after the initial outbreak the infected would be referred to as Zombies. No conscience and the need to feed on raw flesh were dangerous, and highly contagious. These abominations really put to use the term "Survival of the fittest." If you were not strong and did not fight you would not survive. And survival was the only goal.

Our story takes place in March and will continue until the end. Our story contains the characters Cady O'Connell and Xander McGowan. Both completely fictional, and capable of great things. Some terrible, but still great. Stay tuned, and enjoy.

-Puppet Mistress.

RE: Zombie Nation

Xander looks out over the parking lot watching the infected roam around looking for more to eat the crosshairs on his rifle centered on the face of a young girl not much older than the girl that changed his life, He knows he can't save this one but he can't find it in him to pull the trigger. Xander knows that she will be here soon and he has to cut down the number of infected in the area or his girl will die and he can not allow that, yet he can't pull the trigger. Finally He squeezes the trigger with the silencer the weapon makes a much quieter noise than it normally would as the first infected drops again and again he squeezes the trigger and each time an infected drops. Now that there are only a handful left Xander sits back and waits for the girl to show up.

tombraiderchick-1.png

Name: Cadhla (Irish meaning Beautiful) O'Connell
Nickname: Cady (pronounced like Katie)
Born: November 17, 1987
Sex: Female
Hometown: Burnet Texas
Location at time of outbreak: Granite Shoals Texas
Current Location: Somewhere in Colorado
Ancestry: Irish, Scottish, English
Height: Five foot nine inches
Weight: 147 lbs
Hair Color: Brunette
Eye Color: Steel Grey
Race: Human
Personality: When Cady is around people she seems to be quiet and shy, but in all reality she is observing and calculating those around her. She is very intelligent, but sometimes acts ignorant to gain knowledge. For people tend to open up more to people they think ignorant now around people she knows, well Cady is the opposite. She is loud and brutally honest as well as a smartass. She tends to show off her intelligence to those closes to her. For she believes that if she lets her guard down she will lose everyone. (This of cource would all be correct if she had anyone close to her.)

Cady skids to a halt looking up and down William Cannon Dr. Clad in brown shorts and a tan cropped top, black DC skate shoes cover her feet, and a black and white trucker cap sits snugly on her head turned backwards so as to not fly off. Silver/Grey eyes stare at the carnage that was once Austin sighing softly she curses before heading west zigging in and out around the cars that had been abandoned in the middle of the street. Her newly aquired Ducati Sport Classic 1000 revved and weaved fluidly through the deserted traffic. Taking a left on Slaughter Ln she heads north seeking anyone that might not be infected. Looking ahead about a hundred yards she sees a group of the infected feeding on someone in the middle of Slaughter.

She chuckles at the irony of catching infected Slaughtering on Slaughter Ln. Shaking her head she puts on the breaks pulling out her twin GLOCKS. Putting the kickstand on her bike she climbs gracefully off the custom bike made to mold to her body. Taking a few steps closer she takes aim and fires hitting two right between the eyes before they knew what was coming. The other three stood up and growled heading her way. She grins holstering the GLOCKS before unsheathing a knife longer than her forearm from a sheathe going down her spine made of kevlar. The sheathe had saved her life more times than the knife had actually protecting her spine rather well. "Come and get me boys." She says chuckling. The female comes up faster than the males though and Cady smiles before twisting into a graceful roundhouse kick knocking the woman to her knees. The hand holding the knife follows her twisting motion coming around neatly slicing the womans head off at the neck. Blackish spoiled blood spurts from the neck soaking Cady, and she trembles trying not to gag as she watches the woman fall to the pavement in fascination.

Cady then turns back to the men who were almost on her. Running at one she jumps through the air her brunette hair flowing out behind her. As she makes impact with the male her knife goes through his neck as if it were butter. Crouching down she does a fluid leg sweep knocking the male to the ground. Moving swiftly she jumps on top of him putting the knife in her hands through his skull ripping the top of his head off. The smell wafts up and she wrinkles her nose. "Oh gross that smell is rank." She mutters to herself before standing up looking around.

The last one comes up behind her grabbing her by the throat slowly choking Cady. She kicks out with her feet before getting enough leverage to knock the male in the gut. Pulling out on of her GLOCKS she clicks the safety off. The Zombie grabs her arm trying to fight her as if he knew what was going on, but that was impossible. They just didn't know or care. She struggles for a moment before finally getting the gun up. A single shot fires and she feels his hands finally loosen up. Collapsing to her knees she tries to breath gasping for the sweet air that was filling her lungs.

Xander watched the girl work her way through the rest of the Infected sometimes admireing her skills sometimes cringing at her stupiedity. He has watched her for months now ever since she escaped from the lab and everytime she fights he wants to slap her upside her head for the fucked up choices she makes when she is fighting. As the infected blood showers her face he starts to worry, What if she gets infected? Making up his mind he gathers up his rfle and his Duster before sholdering his bag and makes his way down to keep a closer eye on her.

Finally catching her breath Cady rises to her feet and makes her way to her Ducati. Ruffling around in a small back she pulls out some wet naps using them to get most of the gunk off of her face, hands, and arms. She climbs onto the bike and start it. She closes her eyes smiling as it roars to life. She puts it in gear moving down the street again. Coming to a large hunting store called Cabela's she pulls into the parking lost noticing a large SEMI parked nearby. Climbing off the bike she pulls out a large duffle bag that was empty and folded into a small square. Puling out her GLOCKS she checks them before reloading. She holsters the one in her right hand, but keeps the one in her left ready in case anything were to show up. Moving silently across the parking lot she stays low almost crouching as she jogs. Arriving at the front doors she peers inside before pushing the automatic doors open and stepping inside.

Xander watches the girl enter the store before he walks around to the side entrance he opened earlyer and slipping inside. He heads right to the carts and pushes a stack of them back to the firearms and ammo, knowing that she needs ammo so he is likely to run into her there. Xander knows he is makeing a racket but he also knows that the only person infected or not inside the store is the girl.

Cady freezes just inside the front door as she hears the racket coming from the back. Flipping he safety off of her GLOCK she slowly makes her way to the back of the store pausing quite a few times to change direction around obstacles in her way. Finally she comes to the end of the aisle leading into the ammo/gun department from the right side. She takes aim before slowly slipping around the end cap taking notice of the man standing there loading up different stuff. A sense of recognition his her, but for the life of her she couldn't figure out where she may have known him from. Her face takes on a look of confusion as she stands there trying to think of what to do next.

Xander smiles to himself knowing that she can't see it. "You could be helpful you know?" Xander points to the gun counter "Please put every firearm and every bit of ammo,cleaning supplys,gunpowder, and pretty much everything that you can into the carts from behind that count." Xander continues to load up pretty much everything he can get his hands on clearing the shelves of everything useful. "There is a lot more to get here then just the guns and ammo."

Cady watches him closely before moving around him. Picking up a large duffle she starts packing up anything in her vicinity that seemed useful. Lanterns, water canteens, matches, batteries, hunting knifes, fishing tackle, fishing bait, and so much more. She moved silently her ears focused on the sounds he makes as well as the rest of the store. Her brain hurts from trying to figure out who the male it. She felt no distrust towards him at all. In fact she felt as if she knew the man and trusted him with her life, but that couldn't be so. Her Grandfather was the last person she trusted with her life. She shook her head continuing to fill baskets and duffle bags.

Xander continues to load up carts and bags full of just about everything he can get his hands on. "Xander" His voice is deep and without hostility. He looks over are her picking one or two items off a shelf then moveing onto another item "Girl, clean the selves off don't leave anything that we can use behind. that is why I bring my Semi with me." He points out the front door where the Truck in question is parked only a few yards from the doors.

Cady glares at him before throwing the last duffle she hand in her hands on the floor. "Why don't you do it your god damn self." She states before stomping off back into the store. "And my name isn't girl." Working her way through the store she opens her duffle bag filling it with useful items. Coming across a section dedicated to different bows she grins. Stepping into the area she looks for the arrows she uses for her own specialized bow that was in her Jeep at home. Slipping as many arrows as she can in her duffle she looks around for anything else. Not seeing anything in the area she starts walking again humming to herself her eyes peeled for anything useful.

Xander laughs lightly. "What does it look like I'm doing...Girl?" The last word is said to taunt the girl and hopefuly remind her that she didn't tell him her name. As soon as she is out of sight he stops and starts to stalk around the store near her looking for an oportunity to use the special knock out spray on her, he knows he doesn't want her hurt but he also doesn't want the girl to be moveing around too much without him. Moments later he see his chance as she blindly walks around a corner in front of him, he makes a noise just before he starts the spray in her face so when she whips her head around towards the noise she gets it right in the face. "Well this makes it a little more difficult." he says as he gets out several pairs of plastic restraints and uses them to tie her hands behind her back and her legs together then uses some more to tie her hands and feet together behind her. Once he has her restrianed he drags her back to where he was working and goes back to emptying shelves laughing lightly to himself every few seconeds.

The last thing Cady remembered was going around a corner and hearing a noise. She woke up restrained in a way she could barely move. Looking around she sees a pair of feet clad in army boots. Following the feet up to the legs then the torso. Finally her eyes rest on the head of the person who had restrained her. Spitting the horrible taste from her mouth that the spray caused Cady struggles futilely. "What the fuck is your problem? Let me go." She keeps struggling trying to pull her hands and feet apart only causing her wrists to start bleeding. Cursing softly under her breath she falls back trying to catch her breath. Even though he had her tied up for some reason she still didn't feel frightened. She closes her eyes straining to remember, but gets nothing. Sighing softly she relaxes trying to think of a way out.

"You really shouldn't struggle all you are doing is hurtting yourself." Xander then lifts her up and puts her on a flat bed cart and pushes her into another area where another batch of carts is there for him to fill up. "You have two options here girly, you can choose to be helpful to me and get releases or you can continue to be rude and unhelpful and stay tied up." Xander doesn't seem bothered by her glares or outburs, in fact he seems to be enjoying them immensly.

Cady turns and looks up at him. "You have no right to tie me up. You are nothing to me! I was packing shit for myself when you decided to knock me out. There was no call for that and you know it. Unless you just want to get your rocks off." She then becomes silent deciding she wasn't going to talk to him at all anymore. Staring off she removes herself from the situation completely flying a thousand miles away. Her hands keep moving trying to looses the restraints even though she knows it's impossible to get out of them without a knife. Her hands were too far from her guns even though she wouldn't have really shot him. Not unless he decided to really hurt her. She just wanted to be left alone.

"What world do you live in? I have every right to do what I will with you, I am stronger,faster,smarter,and I won." He laughs at her struggles. He kneels down so he can look her in the eye "You are at my murcy, so it probally isn't a good idea to piss me off now is it?".

Cady rears back and hocks up a loogie. Jerking forwards she spits it right into his face. "I don't give a damn what you think or may do to me. It would be nothing worse than what the other fucking people out there in labs ever did to me. So either do something or let me the fuck up from here." She keeps struggling blood trickling rather steadily from the cuts around her wrists causing them to become extremely slippery. She keeps moving around her face red from the struggle.

Xander just smiles down at her. "That wasn't very nice girly." before hauling back and punching her hard enough to knock her out again. "They never learn." After she is knocked out Xander looks down at her for a few seconed befofe shakeing his head sadly and going back to work knowing that it will be several hours before she is likely to wake up he should have the supplys loaded by the time she wakes up and maybe then she will be choose to be polite.

Cady's lights are knocked out and she lays there. Her mind was far away. Memory after memory went through her mind. Some she didn't even remember having. The lab flashed by as did all of the doctors who had been there. Other people were around as well and she saw him. She put on the metaphysical brakes and turns examining him. Xander was standing near her. He looked younger in this memory. More full of life. Having not realized the truth of what he was doing. She keeps sifting through the different memories trying to find more of him. The escape came up...And from the outside looking in she knew that the only reason she escaped was because of him. He sacrificed himself to make sure she made it. The dreams fade and she was left in darkness. Waking up a few hours later she whimpers her jaw swollen and bruised. Opening her eyes she looks around blurrily before she sees him. Anger flares up at first then she pulls it back trying to control it.. "Cady..my name is Cady."

"Nice to meet you Cady, In case that blow knocked it out of your head my name is Xander. Now are you going to be a good girl and help or bad and stay where you are?" As he says this he was lineing up the carts faceing the entrance and the back of the truck, It looks like he has every cart,flatbed,or any sort of wheeled carrying device lined up and full of supplys most likely the most of the store and there werehouse in back. He points what looks to be a PDA at the truck and the back gate lowers to make a ramp. "the choice is yours Gir...Cady." he stops himself from calling her girl again knowing that she would just get mad.

Cady nods softly and tries to sit up. "I'll be...useful..I honestly can't say how good I will be. I have never been much for being good. But I will try to listen to you, and I will do anything I can to help." She looks up at him hoping that was enough to get her out of the restraints at least. She had lost all feeling to her feet and her hands and she was sure they were probably blue from the lack of circulation. Trembling softly she tries not to jerk her tight muscles that were aching to be stretched. She looks up at the male her eyes pleading to be let go.

Xander looks at her pleading eyes, the last time he looked at her eyes they looked just like this. That day changed everything for him and he knows that he will be letting her go again. Xander sighs before cutting her restraints. "Please don't try anything stupied now, I really don't want to hurt you anymore." He stops and thinks for a seconed before kneeling down beside her again and rubbing her ankles and wrists one at a time trying to get the circulation back into them. "You don't need to be great or perfect I just would like your help and I'm willing to help you be better in exhange. You just have to trust me." As Xander says this he knows he is asking a lot, but getting her to trust him enough that he can be closer to her is important to him and it shows in his voice as he is talking to her.

She nods silently watching as he tries to work the circulation back into her hands a feet. "I promise I will work hard to make things easier. Just have some patience with me. I wasn't trained by the Organization." She freezes realizing she had let him know that she knew who he was or at least who trained him. Blushing she looks down at her wrists. Seeing the mangled skin around them she suddenly wants to cry, but instead takes a deep breath steadying herself. A few moments later the pain of the blood flow subsided enough for her to rise to her feet. "Alright what would you have me do Xander?"

When Cady reviles that she knows that he was Orginization Xander knows that she remebmers that day maybe not as well as he does but his part at least. "first thing is you need to sit back down so I can wrap your wrists at least probally you ankles as well." As Xander is wrapping them with soft gauze he thinks about what she was saying about working hard. "Cady, the first thing I would like you to learn is that it isn't about working harder, it is about working smarter." now that he is done wrapping her wounds he stands up and offers her his hand. " What I would like you to do is go up the ramp into the back of the truck and push the carts that I push up there all the way to the back, don't worry about it being pretty or anything other than getting them back there and fast, The faster we get them loaded the less time we spend out in the open. speaking of being in the open if you would like we can load your bike up in the back and you are welcome to ride up in the cab with me." Xander hopes she takes this offer since it will give him more time with her and thatis something that is important to him right now.

Cady reaches up taking his hand pulling herself to her feet. She grins and nods some. "I think I can do that." She brushes her body off after laying on the cart she was covered in a thin film of dust. Finishing she pulls out her left GLOCK gripping it in her hand. Walking to the entrance she looks out before finally stepping out seeing nothing. She takes off jogging low to the asphault making her way to her bike. She puts up the kickstand before pushing it over to the SEMI. Pushing with all her might she struggles to get it up the ramp. The bike outweighed her by...a lot and she wasn't used to pushing it up inclines. Finally she gets it up inside and pushes it to the back putting the kickstand down. She walks back to the entrance to the trailer waiting for Xander to start pushing carts up.

Back
Top Bottom