Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

mediums for roleplaying

What medium do you prefer to roleplay on?

• Total voters

nladisha

Supernova
How many of you have met someone on this site, and the two of you come up with a brilliant roleplay, only to discover one of you would rather play it as PMs, while the other plays only on threads? I, for one, feel it's rather disheartening. Out of curiousity: I was wondering how many people here prefer to play over the message boards here on this site, how many like using PMs, and how many just come here to find partners they can play with using thier personal e-mails or IM chat services

I like thread and PM. I don't like IM RPs. I like to think about what I want to write and sometimes I write a lot. I don't want to do that in a dinky IM box. Plus in the past, my partners nag me and bug me for replies or to roleplay when it just isn't a good time. You don't have that pressure with PM or threads.

Emails I will only do for certain people as I don't just hand out my personal contact information...

I always prefer threads. I like to be able to look back over my previous posts and make sure I'm being consistent and in character. Especially if I've got several RPs on the go at the same time, I can get confused and re-reading them helps get me back into writing them again.

IMs are ok but they are very immediate. Great for short term stuff, less so for long term in my personal opinion.

D

Pretty much PMs only for me. Not a big fan of threads since I tend to dislike all kinds of 'public' behavior. With that said, I also do IM RP once in a while, though I tend to be way too friendly which means I usually end up talking to that person a lot... To the point where sometimes the RP is set back because of it. XD

I prefer threads over PM's. I like to show off what I'm writing, and the story I'm writing with another person. I show my friends and get feedback on the characters I write, which come out through roleplaying. I don't mind PM's, though, but I won't do IM's. Only because I don't have any IM's.

I definitely prefer threads over anything else, PMs I'll do but it's not my favorite I do have IM but I don't like RPing over IMs just because I like long term role plays and IMs in my opinion are for more short term type of role plays.

I prefer e-mail for speed (can't access BM from work, and my Kindle is clunky), then PM. I can do threads, but that seem to advertise both how good and how bad of an RPer you are. Especially for me time gaps, as I seem to have times I just can't get online. So while I don't mind a few, I rather keep that as a distant third option. That said, I back up all my RPs on Google Docs – even running a few on GD – for easy access.

I prefer Threads as a medium, myself. Occasionally, if the roleplay in question has promise and the other player will only do PM, then I could be talked into it. Threads I find easier to keep track of, as I tend to read a PM and sometimes forget to answer it or about it in general. I don't do IM roleplays anymore, as I don't just give out my personal contact information to people I don't know. E-mails are iffy, as I write for FF.net/FictionPress.com, so any roleplay emails are bound to get lost in the mass amounts of emails I do get.

Little bit of narcissism, I like raising my post count as well. :3

Back
Top Bottom