Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Retrieval Gone Wrong (Felixia_Luna, Generalfoley)

Berlin, Germany
December 3rd, 2023
01:00 Hours

It was relatively quiet in the plane, Frost remarked. "Hey Frost, you hear about that attack in Sarajevo? I heard the 229th was there." He heard his CO ask over the comm. He nodded. "Yeah, I heard there were a lot of rookies in that unit." "No one's a rookie today, Frost. You know that as much as I do." Frost nodded as he put on an oxygen mask and connected it to the tank on his back. He hated HALO jumping out of a plane.

He wasn't a big fan of heights in general.

He didn't like operating alone like this. No back up, no support. There would be evac, though, that was something to look forward to. "Frost, you got thirty seconds before we reach the jump point! Get ready!" Frost nodded, activating the HUD on his glasses. Great thing, being in Special Forces. You got all the new toys first. All checks cleared, he heard a klaxon sound throughout the plane.

"Ten seconds!" Frost watched as the bay doors open, checking his to see if his 'chute was all good. As the pilot counted down, Frost put his foot on the pod containing most of his gear.

The lights turned green. Good to go. Kicking the pod out of the back of the plane, he jumped after it, the wind whistling by, his altimeter counting down rapidly. His pod was being tracked by his HUD, so there would be no problem retrieving it.

Operation Jumper was going smoothly.

---

0:300

Frost had made his way into the old German hotel that the EU forces were using as an interrogation center. Intel said this was where she was, but he wasn't certain. Still, a lot of POWs here he could release, both as a distraction and as his duty as a soldier. They were being tortured here, and he wouldn't have any of it.

Raising his rifle, he rounded a corner, firing two shots into the guard standing outside the door of the prisoner he was supposed to rescue. The rifle was silenced, so no one but the prisoner could hear it. Or anyone interrogating her.

Which was why he brought a breaching charge.

Looking in through the slot in the door, he saw two men with her. Pulling a Nine-Banger out of a pouch, he pulled the pin and slipped it into the slot, just as quickly placing a breaching charge on the door. That got the guards' attention.

'Three, Two, One,' He thought to himself, holding the detonator in hand. He heard the bangs sound, and saw the flashes of the Nine-Banger go off. Show time. He pressed the detonator, blowing the door inwards. He heard one guard scream. Well, there was one to go now. He entered, raising his rifle at the blinded EU soldier. Firing off two shots, he turned his attention to the man smashed by the door. He was twitching. Pulling out his silenced Beretta, he put one in his head, and he lay still. He hated it when they twitched like that. Always reminded him of zombies.

He turned his attention to the girl, and raised any eyebrow, before moving towards her. "Hey, you alright?" He asked, dropping a duffel bag next to her.

"Come on, get changed and grab the rifle in there, we gotta go." Extract would be around a mile or two away from the hotel. The distraction would be arriving soon, around fifteen minutes or so.

With a couple of coughs and shaking of her fine, golden hair, Felicia Vilanis glared at the soldier before standing up shakily. "Yes...I am fine, though the explosions were not necessary, the door was open." She had been stripped to the very basics during her captivity, just some panties and a bra, and she gratefully pulled out the spare clothing he had brought. Tossing on a red tank top that was a little small and black jeans, secured with a belt, she felt better immediately. "So messy..." She muttered before kneeling down and searching one of the guards, pulling out his pistol and sliding a couple magazines into her belt. She spun the gun in her hand, making sure it still worked, and nodded. "I do hope you have an exit strategy in mind?" She said as she stepped over the dead guard and looked around, trying to orient herself. She had been locked up for months, and had never left her cell due to the fact that she had been caught spying. She was relieved all in all, just had a hard time keeping her balance since she didn't really have any chances to stretch her legs before now.

"Yes...I am fine, though the explosions were not necessary, the door was open." Huh. He didn't know why he expected ungratefulness, or even an attitude. But at the moment, it didn't matter. Frost watched the door as the spy got dressed. He heard her mutter something about the mess he made, but he paid no mind. He saw her take one of the guards pistols, an eyebrow raised.

"You... know there's a full kit in the bag, right?" It was true. Command had packed the bag, with her clothes, as well as a plate carrying vest with mag pouches, joint pads, gloves, a holster for the pistol in there and a rifle, along with a pair of HUD-enabled glasses. He unloaded his mag, and checked his round count. His HUD said he had twenty rounds left, but he liked to make sure himself. Sometimes the HUD could be tricky. But it was right this time. Twenty rounds. He slapped the mag back into his rifle, and turned to look at the woman.

"I do hope you have an exit strategy in mind?" Great, now she was talking down to him. Or maybe it was the stress of being interrogated. Who knew? "Yeah, I do, but right now, we should move before the Euros find out about our little escape plan." He checked the hallway. Empty. "Clear!" He yelled back, keeping watch. If she took the gear, he'd have to wait. If she didn't... well, she would be making his job a whole lot harder. She had valuable intel, and Command said to bring her back unharmed. Thus, the bag full of gear.

She glanced at him when he mentioned the bag, sensing a tone in his voice and smiled faintly. "That was unnecessary as well...don't those idiots know my tastes after ten years of busting my ass for them? I bet they could never get a first date right..." She went off into a tangent, just speaking to speak with someone that wasn't bent on killing her. She crouched down and took out the holster for the pistol and slid her new pistol into it. She took the other pistol and tucked it into the back of her pants, along with the ammo pouch for the ammo for it. "Hmmm..." She reached for the glasses and fit them onto her face, then shook her head and just pocketed them. "Not my style." She explained and reached over to him, plucking out a grenade. "Can't leave any trace, eh?" She left the room and then flicked the spoon out of the grenade, tossing it onto the pile of left over gear and closing the door behind her. With a crump and pattering that sounded like pebbles thrown onto a steel roof, she left the door swing back open and started away. "Are you coming soldier boy? Plus, you don't have to yell out that an area is clear, I am right here."

Back
Top Bottom