Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rising Star (Candira and Flux)

Zack had been watching her on the sly for their whole trip, but since she'd been focused on driving, Tahlia hadn't noticed. She smiled as he told her he didn't mind doing everything by himself. She was sure that was very true: Zack never seemed to mind working for something. That didn't mean she expected him to wait on her. It just meant that he was worthy of someone at least helping him once in awhile. Once they were inside with the bags, she slipped off her shoes out of respect and so she wouldn't track anything around. His place was very nice, and she hadn't quite expected it to be so clean. Then again, her experience with guys wasn't exactly with the cream-of-the-crop. Zack was different though.

Rather than keep him waiting much longer, she grabbed a coke and a little bag of candy to share with him before she found a seat right next to him on the couch. She smiled and leaned into him a little as he sat down again, pressing play. And then she remembered they hadn't really settled on which movie they'd watch. Oh well, she enjoyed surprises. "Comfy couch, good company, very nice equipment--what's not to like?"

Sophie smiled, glad to learn more about Vincent. He had good taste and manners, and he seemed to like her a lot. "I could see this being one of your favorites. You seem like the kind of guy I'd want to know if I worked at a place like this. I'm sure they all treat you like a king," she teased. When the waiter returned and asked if they wanted drinks, she took a moment to look at what they offered and settled on the Summer Cocktail as well. She wasn't much of a drinker, and she had a weakness for fruit juice. She smiled at the waiter and then glanced down at the menu. "So...what do you like to get when you come here?"

Zack wasn’t a person who drank a lot while he was watching a movie, most of the time only a can of energy drink but he had one left in his small cooler in the living room, next to the couch. That cooler was only used for when he was watching a movie alone or practicing with his turning table or drums. “Well, maybe you didn’t liked my place? And am I good company then?” he asked as he looked at her. The only thing that Zack was hoping for was that she liked this movie that he had placed inside of it. “What kind of movies do you prefer? I’ve placed a new movie inside of it, Super8. It’s a science-fiction movie but you probably had heard of it on the television.”

Vincent looked at her and smiled. “Everybody knows me here but it’s also because of my parents… But I have made an image here myself. It’s not quite hard to become a good costumer here, it isn’t expensive nor cheap. It’s payable for every person,” he said. The restaurant was one of the most known restaurants in town and his parents took him here since he was 10 and he still came here but now without his parents. “I’m going for the Itameri-menu. It contains Italian and American dishes and it’s really good but you never know what you are going to get. It’s a really funny menu. Last time I had gazpacho followed by fries and steak and as a dessert a delicious piece of apple pie. Most of the time they serve those dishes but sometimes they change it,” he replied with a smile. “How about you?”

Drake still slept so he wasn’t able to bother Tahlia for the following hours but that was more than a blessing than a curse. In a dream, he was in another world, he wasn’t as popular there as he was in the reality. He wasn’t even a member of Rising Star, no he was just a person, a nobody. It frightened him and it made sweat. Was this going to be his future?

Tahlia chuckled at his response and turned to look at him, so close to him now. He was very handsome...and being this close really enhanced it for her. Before she stared at him too long, she started to answer him. "I like your place, and you're very good company," she said with a smile. "And I like a good sci-fi movie. I'm not much for the ones about Aliens, but if they're well-written, I don't mind those." She shrugged and held up the bag of candy for him to take some. "I like a lot of different kinds of movies, but I have to say, my favorites are comedies and thrillers," she said with a grin. "Sort of a weird combination, but I guess that's just me."

Sophie listened to his story and immediately imagined him as a little boy. It took a bit of will power to stop herself from gushing over the cuteness. "Aww, well I'm glad they passed it on to you. Maybe I'll be a regular here, too someday." As he told her what he wanted, she looked down at the menu. She enjoyed Italian a great deal, but she was a fan of the American classics as well. Vincent knew the place well, and it sounded like fun to be surprised, so why not? If nothing else she'd have a fun story to tell her friends.

"Alright. I'll be a little adventurous and have the same thing. It'll give me a nice sample of what they have for next time I come." Hopefully, though, she would be here with him again.

Zack laughed a bit. “Aliens? Aliens are awesome expect those lame stereotypical aliens, they aren’t really my favorite but the rest is quite awesome to see in a movie.” When he was a child, he watched The X-files with his father so he had always a connection with science fiction and also aliens. “Thriller is nice to but it’s not late enough to watch a thriller, I prefer to watch those when it’s darker. The same with horror. But comedy is suited for every time of the day but my opinion is that a more mysterious movie is more interesting to watch with somebody else.” Zack hoped that he could keep his eyes away from the beautiful girl that was sitting next to him but that was like a mission impossible but he just didn’t want to startle the girl.

“It would be nice if you became a regular here too,” Vincent said with a smile. He smiled but he didn’t knew what was going on in her mind although he was quite interested in her thoughts. “I’m glad that you are going to take the same as me. Then you are sure that you are safe,” he said as he laughed. When the waiter returned with the drink, he asked if the two had decided about what they were going to eat. “Twice the Itameri-menu,” Vincent said as a gentleman. “I knew that you were going to order that,” the waiter said with a smile on his face. “I’ll make sure that the chef prepares it with extra care and as fast as he can so that you don’t have to wait long.” Vincent looked at the waiter and nodded. When the waiter walked away to give the order, Vincent’s eyes went back to Sofie. “It comes in handy if they know you here,” he said as he smiled. “Do you want to know something else about me?”

Tahlia smiled at Zach. "Aliens were never much my thing, but it's not that bad." She took some candy and popped the sour/sweet treat into her mouth, leaning against him as the movie started in earnest. She wouldn't mind if she caught him staring at her, but she was pretty absorbed in the new movie. He could stare as much as he wanted and she kept watching. It was so relaxing to sit with him like this.

Sophie couldn't hide her amusement as the waiter gave them special treatment. She was, of course, both impressed and pleased with this turn of events. When they were alone again, she chuckled and smiled at him. "I can see that," she said. "Hmmm, I want to know a lot more about you. I just can't decide on a very good question. So I think I'll ask one I'm curious about. How long have you wanted to ask me out?"

“Well, everybody has his own taste but Aliens aren’t always fun to look at. Sometimes I still prefer a normal comedy or some fantasy. To be honest, I like all kind of movies,” Zack said. When the movie started, he was quite shocked that Tahlia leaned against him but he didn’t mind that. He felt her… He felt how soft she was and how warm she was. It was just the best thing he had ever felt. Was it weird to fall in love with a band member or was it just something that could happen? Zack was sure that he loved Tahlia but he didn’t knew if she loved him back so he wasn’t going to hurry things.

“Well… To be honest, I want to ask you out for a very long time,” Vincent said, “I don’t know which date exactly but it was when the band was just started.” He took his glass and drank it down half already. “This cocktail is really good,” he added. One question popped up in his mind as he looked at Sofie. “Sofie… Can I ask you why you said yes to me?” Vincent had always been unsure about asking a girl out but this time, the answer was a yes. But he hadn’t asked that much girls… Just a few, less then five.

Tahlia had no idea about the way Zack felt. It was one of the reasons there was very little tension between them. That said, if she had known, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. She would have been thrilled to have a guy like Zack. For now, she was content to eat candy with him on his couch while they watched a movie about people discovering super powers. "I like lots of movies too," she said with a smile.

Sophie smiled, flattered that he'd been wanting to ask her out for awhile. Now that he'd finally made his move, she had to wonder if he thought it was worth it. Then again, the date was really just beginning. She sipped at her cocktail, wondering just how long a very long time was, when he asked her why she'd agreed. Surprised, she set the drink down. "You know, I don't think anyone has ever asked me that."

She thought about it for a moment, deciding that honesty would be the best policy here. "Well, I've always had a little crush on you--you're a handsome, talented guy. You've always been very nice to me, and I like you as a friend. I thought it would be fun, too. So, yeah." She smiled and sipped at her drink again. "Wow, this is really good."

Zack looked up at Tahlia and gave her a small kiss on her cheek. “I’m glad that you wanted to spent some time with me after practice. Otherwise I was just laying on the couch on my own,” he said. He hoped that he hadn’t startled her by giving her that kiss but her cheek. A smile was on his face and he hoped that a smile would appear on her face too but he wasn’t sure if that was going to happen. He awaited her reaction as he kept one of his eyes focused on the movie.

“A first time for everything,” was his natural reaction on that and he smiled. “So you had a crush on me? And not on Drake? Drake always said that you liked him more and that you had texted him to come to the toilets for a blowjob…” Vincent whispered as he looked at her. Vincent was thinking that Drake was lying about it but now he had the chance to ask it to her and he knew that she was going to be honest with him… At least, that was what he hoped. Vincent’s smile kept on his face as he looked at her while she was giving her further reply.

Drake was still sleeping but suddenly he woke up. “Jeez.. I’ve slept already,” he said to himself. He stood up and walked towards his television, entered the cable of the PS3 and he sat on his bed. When the PS3 was started, a screen appeared. He pushed the X button and his game started. “Let’s play some Battlefield,” he whispered as the game started to load.

Tahlia blinked in surprise as he kissed her cheek, but she instantly smiled. "Anytime you wanna hang out with me, just let me know. I like spending time with you." It was still a little hard to tell whether or not he wanted to be more than her friend, but she'd take whatever affection he wanted to give. Her eyes stayed locked on his for a few moments longer before a swell of music caught her attention and forced her to look back at the movie.

She smiled at him, chuckling a little as he asked if she had a crush on Drake, too. She gasped when she heard what he'd done behind her back though. It would be one thing if it was true--then she'd only be embarrassed. But now, she was outraged and offended. If Drake had been at the table, she'd have punched him right in the face.

"I've probably had a crush on you since the second I met you. I always thought Drake was handsome, and he had his sweet moments. Rest assured, I've always liked you better, and after hearing what he said about me, that's definitely not going to change. I'm going to have to kick his pampered ass until he's not cute anymore." She couldn't believe he'd say that about her! Her expression clouded, the girl obviously upset.

"Okay, I'll let you know when I want to hang out with you but you need to promise that you are going to do the same then," Zack said with a smile on his face. He hoped, deep inside, that Tahlia felt the same as he did. The swell of music, of course, also caught his attention. He picked the movie so he didn't want to miss big parts. When he was looking at the movie and he saw how Joe Lamb was looking at Alice Dainard, he remembered how he had looked at Tahlia before.

"I'm sorry that I've said that right now... I hope that I haven't ruined our date now," Vincent said when his face became sad too. "I never wanted to ruin our date..." He hoped that Sophie wasn't mad or really upset because he liked to be with her but he didn't liked it when she was sad. "Can I do something for you?" he offered as he kept his eyes focused on the, now upset girl. "And, I'll help you with kicking his ass." Hoping that this joke was going to help, he smiled a bit.

Drake, the boy who kept living in a world full of lies, was with his mind in the game, nowhere else. Nothing was more interesting at the moment, the only thing that made sense was the game. He was living in the game, he was the game. "Come on, bastards! Eat this!" He was shouting, everybody in the house had heard him, even if they slept. But he didn't cared. He needed to lose his frustrations, nothing more, nothing less.

Tahlia promised and the two of them went back to watching the movie, caught up in the film for the time being. She wondered sometimes if he wanted more from her or not. But she was happy to give him what he asked for.

Sophie sighed and looked up at Vincent. He hadn't been trying to upset her--that much was clear from his expression. But how could that news not be upsetting? Unless he'd believed Drake? But he wouldn't do that, would he? She gave him a little smile as he told her he'd help to kick Drake's ass but she had to ask now. "Did you...you didn't believe him when he said that, did you? You don't think of me that way, right?" They could recover from this little misstep, but she needed to know what he thought of her.

Back
Top Bottom