Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Against the Mob (rollshero and DivineGlaGlann)

rollshero

Moon
Jon Rush usually didn't do badly with women, especially on vacation. At 38, he was still trim and fit, the product of a workout regime he maintained even while on the job. And he had never lacked for confidence or lost the gentle touch of his younger days. But sometimes being alone was restful, especially after a tough assignment.

So when the latest beauty walked into the resort's check-in area, Rush gave her a once-over from his easy chair, but no more than that. The sun felt pleasant on his skin, he had a good book, and he was on vacation. Why complicate his life right now?

Besides, she might be out of his league. She had that well-cared-for look, that air of someone who enjoyed money. Rush hadn't done badly for himself lately, mind. But this vacation at this resort was only possible after a very lucrative assignment and it couldn't last forever. She had strode in as if she owned the place.

So Rush sat back and did what he did best when not engrossed in something. He watched.

>>>>>>
[ Where are you? Why haven't you answered my calls? What the hell is going on? ]

>>>>>>

[ Hello? ]

>>>>>>

[ Are you trying to make me mad? It's working. ]

>>>>>>>

[ Adrian. ]

Her oval-shaped blue eyes diverted down to the simple leather purse she toted under one arm. The cell phone tucked inside vibrated constantly indicating either the tool rang or even worse, there were text messages.

She stopped outside the exotic establishment turning slightly when people passed by on the concrete walkway inside. The woman barely gave them a glance as her hand Fished through the scarce contents inside: Multiple credit cards For every occasion. Red lipstick including a small makeup compact.

A black string bikini and lastly, that damned cell phone. A regular Flip phone it was set to do the basic accomodations anyone not obssessed with technology would need. Andrian Giordano opened it. Irritation Flickered across her youthful looking Face. That and annoyance. Four text messages in under six minutes. Back to back. No real point behind them because she wasn't going to answer them.

As a matter of Fact....

The woman turned on her black heels. They clicked against the concrete. That purse was tucked underneath her arm once more. She neared a couple. Her perfectly-coated lips curved into a smile to greet them.

"Here," Adrian handed the Female the phone. "Compliments of the hotel. Free service For the entire year. Just remember, tell the douche bag texting in to suck it. Enjoy." A salute came shortly afterwards where the lovebirds looked to one another in question then the cell phone where yet another text came in.

She, the latest beauty, wore a sleeveless curve-showing black dress with a high collar to hide her neck though there was an opening near her chest to reveal some cleavage to her otherwise ivory skin. Her neck length hair was like a sunrise color tied back into ponytail with some strains left to be pressed against her heart-shaped Face.

The woman wore no jewelry besides the multi carot white gold ring attached to her wedding Finger although it was anyone's guess on how long that ring would remain where it was. Adrian was on a mission. To relax as much as possible after the hellish two weeks back home.

She would never Forgive him.

He could.....

Nevermind that.

When entering the resort, a cool breeze stung against her Face and she was aware to the many Faces around the area. None Familiar. The way she liked it.

Adrian loosened the ring around her Finger walking with confidence. She came to approach a young man seemingly searching For something, maybe a gift?

"Give her this." She passed her wedding ring along ignoring his shocked expression. "She'll probably like it more than I do." The twenty-eight year old woman did not stick around to hear a response, instead, she migrated toward the check in area, but, her head glanced to the right, in one of the areas both inside and outside the resort to where a man sat.

Quite comfortably.

Something about him had him to slightly stick out more than anyone else. Maybe it was paranoia or years of training by her no good husband. Either way, the woman's eyebrow rose, her lips gave a small smile to the man known as Rush returning to what she set out to do. Reserve a room. Relax. Dab in some trouble as a 'single' woman. There was nothing to stop her. She wasn't even sure she would go back home. Not after what happened.

She went to the counter smiling.

"I'd like a room For one please."

"Yes madam." The Friendly clerk nodded. He touched his glasses some eying her before turning to his computer to check whether or not there were rooms available. Meanwhile, Adrian leaned on the counter to look once more at Rush. Not bad then again not good either....the loners were always trouble in some way. Her blue eyes absorbed his sight trying to judge him or at least see where her mind wandered.

"I have a nice room with a view overlooking the ocean. You will get a complimentary-"

The blue plastic charge card was held up to him.

"How long will you be staying madam? Ahem."

"A week." Adrian told him still looking at Rush.

"That will be-"

"Charge the card sweetheart."

"Of course. You'll have to sign For it though."

Adrian was handed her card back after it was swiped along with a signature slip to sign. She didn't pay attention to the clerk whom looked closely to her signature. Notably the Giordano. When she turned to him, he smiled uttering a small thank you. He made a quick step behind where room keys in the Form of cards were in order on a wall unit. He picked out Room 565.

"Here you go madam, I hope you enjoy your stay."

"I'm sure I will." Adrian clutched the card. "Say....can you do me a Favor? Do you see that man sitting alone? He has a book but he's not doing any reading. Can you send him a drink From the bar, charge it to my account."

"Uhm.....sure. Shall I send a message along?"

"....No." She declined. Taking her key card after it was used again, Adrian gave the impression that she would go to her room but hid behind a large display plant to see what would happen. That clerk called over a worker From the bar to send Mr. Rush his drink. The clerk would walk over to him politely setting down a magarita.

"Compliments of a guest sir." The young man spoke.

Everything about her spelled trouble. She was obviously ticked at someone. A boyfriend, perhaps, or husband if that was a wedding ring she had just given way. And if so, that could mean even more trouble. And yet the trained watcher in Rush couldn't help but continue to observe.

She might be the wife of a politician or a CEO. Or maybe a celebrity...or worse. She could be independently wealthy and successful herself. After a few moments Rush gave up speculating. Only work with what you know for certain.

And she was sharp, too. She had obviously noticed him and taken measure of him. Rush went back to his book briefly, the sun glinting over his greying black hair and bare chest. He was on vacation, after all. No need to poke his nose into other people's business.

Then the drink came over. Rush shook his head at the waiter, smiling slightly, but he accepted the drink.

"Thank you," he said quietly. "Can you say which guest?" He already knew the answer.

"I'm afraid not, sir." Rush nodded back his thanks as the waiter left. Nothing but trouble. He took a few sips of the drink, debated trying to find the woman, then decided not to, for now.

He'd leave the ball in her court. Rush stood up, grabbed his towel and strode over to the pool. He dove in, then set a relaxed and steady pace, arm over arm as if he had all the time in the world.

She was trouble. In her own way. Having to Fight her way to where she was now and even then Adrian still Fought but that was an entirely different story. Times she did not want to think about. Not here especially when on her escape From everything problematic.

The woman's attention had been obtained by Mr. Rush. He looked at her and she returned looks his direction obviously liking what she saw though Adrian was cautious holding her own speculations why a good-looking man sat alone pretending to read unless he hoped to case the area or maybe his own wife lingered nearby.....

From his looking at her, it didn't seem like he'd care whether he was married or not. Well, she didn't either. For all she cared, her marriage was over, since a while ago.

And upon checking into the resort with her key card in hand, the woman with the lips coated red, hid behind a rather large plant display to see the effect to her ordering a drink For the lone man. Her blue eyes trailed the waiter bringing over the margarita.

Little words were exhanged between the two. Adrian pressed her key card to her chin in thought catching Rush's small smile. Some may have declined such a gesture considering the person wanted to remain anonymous but not him, he accepted.

He liked a good drink, duely noted, Adrian tapped the key card against her chin. She knew that From what little words spoken between them that the handsome man asked to whom ordered For him. She couldn't tell what was spoken afterwards but the waiter departed Mr. Rush whom took a Few sips. Adrian chuckled some.

What was he going to do? What was she going to do? Join him by the pool because no sooner that he stood up, she saw him grab his towel to go over to the pool diving in. A challenge. It had been a while since she played one of these and announcing herself to the single world, the woman would play hard. She remembered her own bikini nestled within her purse.

"Might as well check out the room." Turning on her heels, Adrian Followed a small group toward the elevator area vaguely aware to the same resort clerk she checked in with looking at her. He smiled. It was once the woman boarded the elvator with the group that his smile disappeared slowly. He tapped a co-worker on the shoulder.

"I need to use the bathroom." He spoke.

"I'll cover you." She nodded.

"Thanks. I shouldn't be too long...." He walked From behind the counter running a hand through his slickened brown hair taking quick steps to the men's restroom. Professionally he checked to make sure it remained unoccupied then reached to retrieve his own cell. He dialed a number. After Four rings someone picked up on the other end.

"Hey," He was checking to make sure no one approached the public Facility by looking underneath the door.

"....I know. I know. You might want to listen....think Giordano's moll is here....not that one....the great great grandson Frank. She signed a credit card slip with her name......yeah. Yeah. It will be taken care of. I'm not mistaken. I'll take care of it."

The other end abruptly clicked leaving the clerk to put the cell phone in his pants' pocket. He looked at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. The emotion retained earlier when greeting customers had been drained.

Outside near the pool where couples lounged or entertained themselves in the brisk water, only a blonde blur could be seen moving down the path. The ponytail disappeared leaving Adrian's sunset hair residing against her bare shoulders with the occasion blow due to the wind. She didn't cover up in the least. The black bikini was made to be worn. To be shown. The top was strapless and made to cover her breasts though the golden circular clasp hooking the two Fabric coverings together at the center shed a small view to what lurked inside should that top be removed. Her bottom piece was thin. It added a view to how long and smooth Adrian's legs were. There were two smaller circular clasps hugging her waist to keep the Fabric on the left and right side up and unlike most other bathing suits, this one exposed some lower backside skin.

The woman's nails and toenails were manicured.

Within the short time she had gone to her room to change, Rush was still swimming in the pool as though he had not a care in the world.

He looked good, Adrian walked along the outer edge ignoring any looks by anyone else as she concentrated on the one in the water. Whether he would come to a stopping point near the edge, she would meet him there, drawing up one white plastic lounge chair to lay on her side in it with a hand propped up on her neck. This gave her a view to see the mysterious man in action.

Husband? Ha, what a joke.

Adrian was here to play.

Should the man come up, he would Find her waiting. Smiling in a most mysterious manner and one words to greet him.....sort of.

"Did you like the margarita?"

Rush had been counting his laps. He had roughly gauged the length of the pool and planned on swimming about 1,000 yards at a relaxed pace, with pauses at 250 yards. But when he stopped for his first rest he paused to look out at woman lounging by the pool.

God, she was a vision. Rush felt a sudden ache of intense longing, something he was sure most other males experienced in her presence. But he stilled it, the watcher in him taking over again. Remember, she was likely trouble.

When she spoke, confirming Rush's suspicions, he couldn't help but chuckle. Fine, he was on vacation, after all. Rush hauled himself out of pool and grabbed his towel, rubbing it across his shoulders.

"I enjoyed it, thank you," he said, smiling slightly at her, his tone a bantering one. "Do you always buy drinks for strangers?"

There was a hotel employee staring at her intensely that Rush noticed out of the corner of one eye. Just a pervert like the rest of us, or was he up to something fishier? Rush filed it away for future reference, keeping his smile on the woman.

Yes. Adrian Giordano had come here to play and Mr. Rush was in her sights. He was very good looking From a view up close. The woman's lips opened to let out a sigh as the other paused during his exercise to look where else? At her. She smiled.

"Did you like the margarita?"

A simple question asked.

And he chuckled. Interesting. Adrian's blue eyes moved toward his lips then returned to his own hues watching him come out the pool to grab his towel.

"That's good." She replied smiling even more seeing him rub the drying tool across his shoulders. He had a question of his own.

A legitimate one.

Whether she would answer remained to be seen. The woman turned over on her back now crossing one leg over the other to let the sun bake down upon her skin. He would see a whole view to her now.

"Only the ones I Find interesting." Briefly did she close her eyes but then opened them to look up at Rush. Her eyes checked his Fingers. No ring line. Girlfriend definitely or maybe not, regardless, she was going to play.

"Adrian." She extended her arm with her hand open in the usual gesture unnoticing to the hotel clerk looking at her or that even Rush noticed. His smile made it impossible to look at anything else. "What do they call you? And I hope you don't plan on spending your...'vacation' alone." Had he shook her hand then he would've noticed her slight squeeze as she pulled him closer in a most abrupt manner, still sharing the stranger's smile. "Do you want to show me around here?"

"Rush," he replied, then paused. "Jon Rush, but most people call me Rush." He reached her forward to take her hand, and allowed himself to pulled somewhat closer to her. He sat down lightly on Adrian's chair, his eyes on hers.

"Some vacations I spend alone, and others I don't," he replied evenly. "Depends on who I meet." His gaze wandered briefly but the hotel employee was gone. Rush pushed that out of his mind entirely for now. She really was a beauty, and he looked away again, to avoid getting lost in her eyes. Some women just had that effect. Rush was no fool, but also liked to always ensure his brain was doing the thinking for him. And some women just had that effect.

"I guess I could show you around," he said, still speaking in that light, bantering tone as he looked out over the pool. He turned to Adrian again. "But this is my first time here, so we might wind up just being explorers together."

Rush was also letting off a subtle hint that he was nowhere near as well-off as she was. Comfortable, but not rich. He really didn't care, but he wanted to make sure she didn't, either.

"Rush." Adrian's extended hand was taken by the man she now knew as Jon Rush. She took the opportunity to pull him Forward. She deliberately hadn't used her last name as he might put two and two together. Her husband wasn't exactly unknown and she tried her best to remain a mere shadow at his side.

It worked...sometimes.

"I like it." Replied the woman. She sat up to cross one leg over the other giving him room to sit.

"Rush." His name rolled along her tongue. It Fit his mysterious nature. He kept his eyes on her as she did to him. Best to keep it simple. No lying...at least about the important things. She had been making a mental note about whether he would keep eye contact with her. It was something she looked into greatly and thus Far Mr. Rush looked no where other than her. Adrian liked that. Immensely.

"I suppose we can put this vacation under 'others' then." The moll rocked her leg gently Following his wandering gaze to the actual hotel insides.

He must've seen something or someone. She didn't have a clue. All Adrian knew was that he wasn't looking her direction. Away rather. Her rocking leg lowered. The woman slid near him with her hands pressed on his knees listening to him more closely and watching him too.

Not past the point where it would be considered discomforting but she liked having the attention and she wanted this man's on her.

"You can show me around or we can get lost in paradise, makes no difference to me." Her lips continued to be drawn up in a smile. No. Adrian didn't care about money. She may have married into it but there was more things important than money.

Having Fun.

You only get one Life, might as well live it to the max. She wanted something more From Rush than money. His attention and yes his body. The woman wanted to be drowned in anything other than the life she left behind. She didn't want to remember what happened or the violence associated. It had been her Fault to marry Frank....she wanted to Forget.

She whispered in his ear now once bringing her Face closer.

"Or we can save the exploring For tonight when the resort is more Festive and concentrate on more important things, Rush." Some women were walking by the two to occupy some lounge chairs on the right. They gave Mr. Rush a look over talking amongst themselves. Simple whores, Adrian thought, no class. Let them have their looking. She stood up in Front of the man.

"565." Her Finger reached down to etch over his cheek slightly. Tempting.

Her room number. The ball had bounced back in his court on whether he understood her meaning. It was to get better aquainted in a more private setting where there were little interruptions such as the little groupie women sidelined to look For their next man. Adrian walked around the pool giving a wave to those women whom looked her up and down with obvious disdain and envy. The blonde woman headed back into the resort unaware that she was being watched by that same clerk who had checked her in.

He'd taken to a corner helping new guests while at looking at her. He knew what room she was in. It was much too risky to make a scene in the daytime. He wondered whether that man, Rush, was a lover, either way it could be considered a complication which would have to be dealt with accordingly. Clean.

Where was she going anyway? He saw her head to the elevator alone. To her room? The clerk excused himself nearly drawn to go after the woman.

Back
Top Bottom