Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rub and Wish

Gage stepped back as a chamber pot was todded onto the street with a holler. "HEY, HE JUST HAD HIS BATH FOR THE YEAR!" He called out with a rough accent as he kept his distance from the fecal flecked foreignor. After which he loooked around. Night soil dumped into the street, wider roads, lots of puffed up collars... "I think it will do. Just lead to my new home, then we can get you cleaned again." He had no intention of having him just 'poof' it away in public. "My bastard will also be needing a change of clothes." Best to start the bastard son thing going right away.

Aric frowned at the chamber pot and sighed "I can-" he started as Gage told him no. He rolled his eyes and started to head towards the man's new home. "Here." he said when they finally got there. "I will get to that as I can and is that what you've decided to go with?" he asked as he opened the door. "You are going to have your bastard son wear revealing clothing as you did before?" he asked and shook his head "Englishmen are very strange." he walked into the home and turned around "May I please get clean now?" he asked, getting ready to snap his fingers.

The chamberpot was such fine porcelainn."Revealing clothes?" Gage asked, apparently having no idea what he was talking about. "I don't know, where whatever you where indoors. You toweltops always seemed to be a bit cold, considering how much you where in those deserts." He was not aware of the cold desert nights or how much of the clothing was meant for keeping hand off of the body. Plays did that to a man. Just knew the fancier stuff, even if they still looked European, if not for the painted faces. "Clean away." He looked around to see if the genie had gotten him a house based on English or Turkic sensibilities.

Aric rolled his eyes. "Never mind." he said and snapped his fingers cleaning himself off before heading over to a table picking up his lamp. "Great, out of all the people in the world I get stuck with a man that doesn't know anything." he mumbled to himself and walked around the house. He really wasn't sure himself what he had managed to create. He had never been in a richer English home but it had been Gage's wish, he was just hoping that the man new more about English homes than he did.

Aric moved around and finally found a room that he kind of liked and sat his lamp down, working the wax that Gage had so kindly put in the spout of his lamp. Once he got it out he went inside closing his eyes.

The man walked down the halls of the stereotypical rich-person house. Well, for him at least. Hutches filled with ceramics, pineapples on mantlepieces, big gaudy boxes for snuff... Lots of things suggesting that it was a merchant's home. The one thing he did not imagine was for gold or silver in the clothing. He may have wished to be an Earl but he still knew of what happened to those who dressed above their station. Only the highborn were allowed to get away with wasting the tax money of the lower classes on gem entrusted clothing while shopkeepers were fined or jailed if they wore the wrong sorts of buttons. He kept walking along until he came about the room with the lamp. After blinking and wondering why it was on the ceiling, he continued on his tour around the building, the floors twisting into walls, then ceiling, and so forth.

Aric stayed in his lamp, waiting for his master's call if he needed anything. He sighed as he thought about having to live with a master that wanted immortality and thousands of wishes, he glanced over to his book and opened it up, seeing if there was anything he could do to get out of this situation. This had been the first time that he had ever sat down and read through the entire book, when he found there was little he could do to get out of the situation he threw the book out of his lamp in frustration. He moved out of his lamp, finding it hard to pace in a lamp filled with pillows. So onto the ceiling he went. He was clothed in "traditional" genie wear. He had found a picture of it in the book and decided he rather liked it. His pants were made out of silks and an almost see through fabric in the lightest shade of blue that he could think of and he wore no top. With that he paced on the ceiling, back and forth in front of his lamp. His hair fell towards the gravity of the ground but with his magic he never became dizzy.

During this time Gage had returned to using scruffier clothing so that he could bring the gold and his old possessions back to the new home. By the third day he had also managed to purchase a large variety of foods after changing in some of the gold into silver and copper coins. "Hi." The man nodded to the boy dressed as a harlot while he got back from installing a chicken coup in the neighboring room. "How did you get out?" He rubbed his nose across the genie's by mistake as he hair got in his face, nearly tripping over the book.

"Hmm?" Aric looked down at Gage "I just did...it's magic." he said, mumbling "It's my lamp, you have power to make wishes, but I still control my magic and I still control my lamp." he frowned, he stepped back getting out of the man's way and forced the book to float towards him, so Aric could hold it in his hands. He was irritated being stuck in the new home this long, he wanted to get out and run about. Aric started to pace again, stopping by his lamp and pushing the book back inside of it. "Does everything suit your standards?" he asked.

Gage had some trouble hearing the mumbling, his earsdrums being a bit shot from the blacksmithry that used to be his neighbor. "Ergh, yes. Is your room to your liking?" He wasn't about to admit to some of the troubles he had been having. Dirty dishes, trouble with finding the keys, issues with the firewood... Which likely had it's smell reaching here by know. As with it's soot. And smoke in general. "Ahh, the stargazy pie should be ready by now. Would you like to try some? Got the recipe by some Cornish bloke in exchange for a basket full of eels." He shuffled out of the room as a chicken got loose from it's ramshackled roost and began darting around the room.

Aric arched his eyebrow and got off of the ceiling and moved to follow Gage around the house "Yeah, I guess it's fine. I mostly just pace around it. I don't need much, everything I need is in my lamp." he said and shrugged, snapping his fingers so that the chicken was pack in it's roost, snapping his fingers again to fix the roost. "Is there anything else that needs help?" he asked, looking over to his master. "And what is that pie you were talking about, I've never heard of it." he explained and frowned when he looked at the cage for the chickens. "I can make you some help." he mentioned, "All you need to do is wish it."

"You'll need to show me the inside some time." Gage commented as he stepped over a goose before realizing what it was and jumping onto a table before it could break his leg. "Alright, I wish you would help me. Will you need a uniform?" As the goose fluttered around with it's strong wings he set down his tools, the wooden mallet being sent skidding over the floor by the bird. "So, how good are you at raising animals?"

Aric rolled his eyes at the other. "No." he said and snapped his fingers placing the goose into his arms. "Poor thing, is the mean human trying to hurt you?" he asked the bird and pet it softly. "And I'm pretty good with animals." he said, calming the bird down. He walked off with the bird and made a cage for it. "Here you go, now the human won't hurt you, will he?" he chuckled and set the bird inside the cage. He then walked to the center of the house and snapping his fingers, making sure everything was in place and everything had a place. The house was clean and set up.

Aric looked back over to Gage. "Better?" he asked, his tone was becoming cocky, finding himself becoming annoyed with the man. "Are you sure you should be living longer than you humans normally do?" he asked. "Scared of a harmless goose."

He dropped off the table as the goose began to dent at the cage which was insufficient for it's large size. "Considering I didn't buy a goose..." He shook it off before lightly tugging at a blacked tooth, leaving it be afterwords. He had been lucky to get one so black. It was all the rage. Showed how rich people were to be able to eat sugar. He had had to rub it on, but it was worth it. Hurt a a bit, though- "I could wish for you to die as the same time as me." He mused as he walked towards the dining room. "It's fish pie, by the way."

Aric turned and glared at the man, before snapping his fingers and making the goose disappear. He followed the other. "Then do it!" he said. "You are a completely incompetent man! Who is trying to 'raise' a genie! Do you really think you can out smart me?" he asked and threw his arms up in the air. "You were terrified of a bird, who can't do anything more to you than give you a bruise to the leg. You forget things not hours after you've done them and seeing this trend you'll probably end up getting yourself killed by the royals of this land." he turned around getting ready to go back to his lamp, before turning around once more and frowning "Oh but wait, you can't do that as you've wished for immortality for 100 years, so they'll burn you as a witch. They'll do everything they can to kill you, but you won't die." he shook his head. "Who does that anyway? Wish for immortality for only a 100 years, it's immortal for a reason, you idiot" he questioned the other and finally turned around heading to his lamp, letting himself be sucked into it.

What an uncouth genie. Thinking it was wrong to try to keep a way from a creature that could leave people crippled an unable to work. Thinking that hours had passed when it had been days. Did he even age in that lamp? And what of the wishes for being more convincing or for the Earldom`And how would he know of witches? Not that it mattered. He hadn't heard him, instead working on the meat pie he had been making. "Let's see... Fish heads poking up so the oils go into the center..."

Back
Top Bottom