Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"Daddy Long Legs" (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessGumdrop

Supernova
Akira had been shocked when he opened the envelope attached to the yellow rose that he had found on his doorstep to find a letter explaining that there was now a new bakery in town and that it was owned by him.. He was used to finding the gifts but he never thought he would have gotten something so large. He wanted to thank the person that continued to give him these wonderful gifts, however, the only thing he knew about the benefactor was that he liked to leave each gift with a yellow rose. It had been his dream to open one of his own bakery so he could stop working in the cafe he was at, so even though he hesitated to go to the bakery at first, he was soon standing inside of the new bakery.

Akira gave a satisfied sigh as he looked around his first bakery, Taste of Heaven. "This is beautiful." he said to himself and glanced to the counter above the display case, the yellow rose laying on it. He moved over to the counter and grabbed the flower, smelling it. He glanced around the bakery again before heading to the back and working on making some baked goods for the display case and turning on the open sign. He stood behind the counter, working on other baked goods as he waited for customers to show up. He had set the rose in a vase and placed it in the window of the shop, showing his appreciation to the benefactor that bought the place for him. From time to time Akira would glance out of the window, thinking about the benefactor and who the person could be.

"Miss, can I have a jelly roll?" someone asked at the counter, shaking Akira out of his thoughts.

"Coming right up." he said, slightly annoyed that the person on the other side of the counter thought he was female. He was used to it, but it bothered him on occasion, though he always let it slide. He grabbed the jelly roll and rung the person up, smiling and wishing them a good day.

RE: "Daddy Long Legs" (PrincessGumdrop, Baenari)

Marth was the mysterious benefactor that had been helping Akira achieve the thing he most desired, he was someone that the little human male would never suspect wanting him. He had seen the cute male from a distance one day and couldn't help but want to give Akira help, he learned things about Akira and soon he was sending him envelopes with the yellow roses as a sign that it was him. He had been afraid to reveal himself originally because he wasn't sure that Akira would be pleased with his appearance, Marth was tall at six feet and four inches. His body was well muscled seeming to ripple with power though it was not flesh that one could see it was golden brown fur from head to toe, a big mane upon his head.

His eyes were an entrancing golden color as well, Marth was a hybrid which is why that perhaps he would not be able to reveal himself as Akira's mysterious benefactor. He actually came into the bakery today casually wearing a pair of black jeans and a white tee shirt that clung to his form nicely, he came to the counter after the man asking for the jelly roll. "I would like a slice of the raspberry cheesecake please" he said in a deep powerful tone yet seemed so gentle at the same time as he gave a slight smile to Akira who would have no idea who he was. He had seen how happy Akira was with all of this and knew that he couldn't help but want to come out now, he wanted to be able to at least say that he was the one who cared for Akira even if his feelings were not returned by the cute human male.

Of course he hoped for the return of his feelings but he would not tell himself that he would get feelings back, Akira might find him to be scary perhaps even disgusting. There were still humans that discriminated against hybrids and some would just ignore them instead of interacting with them so others wouldn't judge them.

Akira smiled at the next customer. "Of course." he said and grabbed the slice of cheesecake before placing into a box and setting it down on the counter. He had a slight blush on his face, liking the look of the hybrid in front of him. He had always been taught not to discriminate against anyone, no matter what they looked like, or who they liked. Plus, he couldn't be one to judge as he was often discriminated against for not being 'manly.' "Is that all you would like?" he asked, ringing the slice of cheesecake up. He gave another soft smile and pushed his light blue hair behind his ear. "Oh! Do you need a fork as well, sir?" he asked and turned around to grab the man a fork, setting it next to the box with the slice of cheesecake in it.

Once he managed to get everything settled for the customer he gave him the total and wished him a good day, hurrying to the back to make sure he wasn't burning anything. The rest of his day went by rather uneventful. At the end of the day he was cleaning up the store and checking the stock of ingredients he had. Akira packed up the left overs he had and got ready to head back to his apartment, shutting the lights off to the kitchen and the front of the bakery, quickly grabbing the rose from the vase. He smiled softly at the rose and locked the bakery up before walking home to his apartment.

Marth smiled warmly at the feminine male as he asked if that was all he would like and nodded before paying for it, Akira was so sincere as he asked if Marth would need a fork as well. Someone who didn't enjoy their job would have just let him walk out of the shop with nothing to eat his cheesecake with, he ate it as he walked towards Akira's apartment he closed his eyes savoring the taste of his first bite and the second bite. Each bite seemed better than the last "ah you are such a skilled baker Akira" he said though no one but he could hear before taking another bite of the cheesecake, he was almost done with his cheesecake when a man on the cell phone bumped into him. The bump caused the rest of his cheesecake to fall to the ground, Marth growled before grabbing the phone from the human male's hand and throwing it into the street without a word.

Marth did not stop to see if the phone was crushed but he heard the sound of plastic cracking and a car passed by soon after, as he got to Akira's apartment he pushed a small note into the door crack with a rose as well. The note was simple 'I can no longer hide in the shadows seeing you shine so brightly, tomorrow I will be the last customer that comes into your bakery I promise that little one'. He left the note for Akira to find after his work was done and he returned to his own home, he couldn't sit still or sleep knowing that he would tell Akira who he was tomorrow.

When Akira got home and opened the door, seeing the letter and the rose he smiled and opened the letter quickly. He was shocked to see another envelope so soon and started to read the letter, only to drop everything he had in his hands. "I-I get to meet my benefactor..." he said looking stunned at the letter, he stepped over everything he had dropped and headed towards the nearest chair sitting down. "I get to meet my benefactor." he said to himself again, this time more confident. Though no matter how many times he said it he couldn't believe it.

Much like Marth he couldn't sit still and only managed to pass out on the floor of his apartment, having done cleaning to try and get rid of some of the nervous energy. When he woke up and looked at himself he gasped and took the quickest shower he could getting ready for work and nearly ran to the bakery to get ready. He fixed everything up and was constantly looking out the window trying to see which person could possibly be his benefactor. He had been given no clues, man or woman, he had no idea.

His jitters only got worse as the day rolled on, getting closer and closer to closing time. It wasn't until he saw Marth again, not realizing that this man was indeed his benefactor. He gave a soft smile "Welcome back." he said, recognizing the man at the very least. "What can I get for you today?" he asked, also not realizing that Marth was the last customer of the day. "I hope you liked your..." he thought about what the man had ordered before, trying to remember. "cheesecake?" he questioned, biting his lip, a nervous habit he had never gotten rid of. He glanced towards the door and then back to Marth, giving another smile. The time had slipped past Akira, completely clueless to the person standing before him.

Marth had a dreamless sleep as he usually did but when he awoke the first thought on his mind was Akira, what did he say he thought as he awoke with a loud yawn. Oh yes I haven't told him yet he thought to himself before stretching out, the sound of his back popping in several places filled the room and then he planned the day which was visiting Akira in the afternoon and then visiting him again when the shop was just getting ready to close. He knew the exact time that Akira would go to flip the sign for closed and he would be there ready to see him as who he truly was for the first time.

The time he had with Akira getting another piece of cheesecake was nice especially when Akira seemed so cute biting his bottom lip while serving him. But time went by quickly and there he was walking down the sidewalk once more to Akira's bakery and right before Akira came to the door to close probably thinking that the mysterious benefactor wasn't going to show. There was less than a minute before Akira was to close yet there Marth was entering the store just as Akira was coming towards the door "hello little one" he said in that deep powerful but gentle tone while looking at Akira with his golden eyes.

Akira continued to work, having slowly given up on the benefactor. He sighed and finished cleaning in the back and checking everything that he needed too before heading to the front to close up. Akira looked up when he heard the bell go off "I'm sorry, I'm afraid...oh." he stopped as he recognized the man and then the phrase. Akira stopped dead in his tracks he didn't know what to think about the benefactor anymore, the shock of the man actually standing in front of him was much different than reading a note saying he would be.

"I-um...hello." he said, his cheeks flushing a bit before he bit his lip and looked back up to the man. "So, I guess you are my benefactor?" he questioned pushing a stray hair back as he continued to look at Marth. He chewed on his lip a tiny bit before smiling "It's nice to finally meet...er finally find out that it's you." Akira moved closer to Marth, heading towards the door, so he could lean against the display case near it. "I've got a lot of questions..." he practically whispered, very nervous about talking to his benefactor.

Marth could see the look of realization come over Akira's face as he put two and two together, he smiled a bit at he stuttered out an awkward hello. Just getting a hello was a victory to Marth as he had been afraid that Akira would tell him to leave the store when he learned that he was a hybrid, The cute male seemed to get cuter as his cheeks were a light pink while he asked if Marth was his benefactor. The lion hybrid nodded calmly while watching as Akira came closer so that he could lean against display case while saying a couple of things.

"I have been wanting to reveal myself to you for some time but didn't have the courage to tell you until now" he said in that powerful but gentle tone as his golden eyes looked at the nervous Akira. "Seeing you so happy made me wish to be with you but I realized hiding in the shadows I could never do such a thing so here I am" he said nervously as he wasn't sure what else to say, "ask whatever you wish Akira" he said the feminine male's name softer than the rest of the words.

Akira nodded a bit, giggling at the man's words about not being able to be with Akira while still in the shadows. "No, I suppose you couldn't." he said quietly, "What's your name, for one, as you seem to know mine and where I live. Which, I'm not going to lie, that was really creepy at first." he explained. "Another one would be why?" he asked. He continued to bite his lip, still nervous about meeting the man. "And what do you do for a living?" he asked, before covering his mouth "oh, wait, that's rude...I just...I mean, you bought me a bakery, that can't be cheap." he rambled a little bit before covering his mouth yet again, blushing. "sorry." he mumbled behind his hands.

He glanced at the clock and then the door. "Why don't we go outside and talk, I need to lock up." he said, smiling softly at Marth. He moved past Marth opening the door and heading outside, shutting the lights off as he went. He held the door open for Marth, waiting. "We could head somewhere else if you like."

Marth loved the sound of that soft giggle as it meant that Akira was happy or at least amused with his answer, soon a barrage of questions assaulted the lion from the little male who apologized with an embarrassed blush upon his cheeks. He nodded as he gathered his thoughts and was soon walking out the door "I would like to go anywhere with you" he said as he passed Akira to go to the sidewalk. While Akira began to lock up he spoke again "My name is Marth Weathers" he said in a more confident tone as it seemed Akira did not want to get rid of him quite yet.

"As to why I am not sure I can explain it properly but I will try" he said calmly before taking a deep breath "when I saw you the first time it was like nothing else mattered, it was as if the only thing that was worth anything was right in front of me" he said sincerely. "Money, objects, power none of that meant anything to me anymore because you were all that was on my mind" he said with a sigh of relief leaving him as he finally admitted his feelings to the smaller much cuter male, "my work is stocks buying and selling easy to do really" he said quickly after as he remembered that question as well.

Akira locked up and turned around, smiling at Marth. "Well, it's nice to finally know your name Marth." he said softly and listened to why Marth wanted to do all of this for him. He had begun walking towards the park that was nearby his apartment when he heard that to Marth nothing else mattered. He slowed down a bit at bit his lip again. "Really?" he questioned, "I'm all that matters to you?" he asked, feeling himself turn bright red.

"I-I...wow...um" he started and gulped, he had never thought that that would have been the reason for his benefactor to give him all those things. "Y-you know, you don't have to buy me lots of things and get me presents to have me like you." he said after a little while and started to walk normally, heading towards the park again. "Though, I'm very grateful for everything you have gotten me. It was very kind of you. But you really don't need to buy things for me. I would like to get to know you even more, that's what makes me like people the most." he explained and bit his lip. "So, if you would like to, I would really like to get to know you more," he said, glancing to the man. "You kind of have been the only person I think of for a while now." he confessed under his breath.

Finally the lion male was able to hear Akira say his name in that soft tone of his, he closed his eyes enjoying the moment before he walked with the cute male calmly. When Akira questioned his true feelings for him Marth nodded firmly with a strong look in his golden eyes as he looked at the cherry red face of the little male "yes you are all that matters to me, your happiness and health are what I care about though I did get a bit greedy and want to share the happiness" he said playfully.

As they walked together he listened to Akira say that he did not need to buy him things for him and give him presents to make him like him, "I wasn't sure what else to do" he said softly. "I was afraid that if I revealed myself to be a male and a hybrid that you would not feel the same way I did about you" he admitted while wringing his large hands together, he smiled now though warm and caring towards Akira. "I would love to get to know you better Akira it is all I have wanted" he said happily, when he heard that he had been the only person that Akira had been thinking about lately he smiled even wider.

Akira blushed a little more at the words that came from Marth. He nodded "It's a decent assumption." he mumbled, obviously not proud that it was. "I-I do like men though." he explained, "You are one of the first hybrids I've ever really held a conversation with though. Not saying that I don't...I mean." he frowned and tried to rework what he was thinking. "What I mean is, is that well, I..." he frowned trying to make it sound better than it sounded. He sighed, "Okay, starting over," he bit his lip and looked over to Marth "I've been raised to not see the difference. So, it doesn't really matter to me, you are just like everyone else." he said "God, I hope that made sense." he continued.

Marth was having more fun just walking with Akira and talking with him than he had when he kept himself hidden from the cute male, soon it was confirmed that Akira liked med like Marth. The came the hybrid issue and Marth was very worried to hear what Akira thought of his kind, but it seemed that even Akira wasn't sure and each time he hesitated Marth waited for the smaller male to say that he did not think he could be with one or something similar. But Marth felt his body relax and his breath escape with a sigh of relief as Akira said that he was just like everyone else, "I am very glad to hear that Akira, I had worried that you deny my feelings simply because I look like this" he said truthfully before giving Akira big warm smile.

Akira smiled "I wouldn't hold the way you look against you." he said and smiled when he saw the lake, heading over to it and sitting down next to it. He looked back towards Marth and patted the area next to him. "Do you have any questions for me?" he asked, pulling his legs up to his chest, his hand touching Marth's leg for a second "Please tell me you aren't planing on getting me anything else. I liked what you've gotten me and I appreciate it very much, but anything more than a bakery will be far too much." he explained and pulled his hand away. He looked back to the lake and smiled, resting his head on his knees.

Marth's lips seemed to be glued into the smiling position as he was with Akira, the sound of his voice was music to Marth's ears, his smile was light the sun shining upon him alone and he was understanding instead of discriminating against the lion hybrid. When he asked if he had any questions for him he nodded vigorously as he had a few questions, "I won't buy you anymore things at least nothing like before" he said in a sincere tone. "I would like to ask if that is your natural hair color?" he asked curiously "how long have you known you enjoyed the company of men over women?" he asked again in that curious tone while thinking of a couple more questions to ask the petite male who stared at the lake.

Akira giggled "Good." he said and touched his hair, looking at it "No. It's not, I just dye it way too much, it's kind of a shock that I haven't lost my hair yet." he chuckled, pushing it behind his ear again. "As for that, probably around my sophomore year of high school. I kissed this guy, by accident. I've always been this...feminine, so guys would come towards me and hit on me. None of them actually ever kissed me before though and then this one guy finally did and I really liked it. No girls ever come up to me and I just noticed that I didn't really ever feel like hitting on girls, so..." he trailed off figuring that Marth could figure out the rest of the story. "What about you?" he started, biting his lip "Have you always been this way and when did you know you liked men more?" he asked, still biting his lip trying to figure out if it was rude to ask about being a hybrid.

Marth sat beside Akira now as he explained that the light blue color was not natural he just dyed his hair far too much, this made Marth smile and reach over to gently run his fingers through the long blue hair. "I like your hair Akira" he said softly "it was the thing that caught my eye the first time, it is unique and makes you look even cuter" he admitted though he wasn't sure Akira would like being called cute at all. Now it was his turn to answer the question he had given to Akira "I learned at a much younger age as my uncle was into men, I grew up with it in my life, I can't tell the exact time I realized it but my first experience was when I was fourteen with a fox hybrid" he said in a soft tone while looking at Akira who seemed to contemplating something else.

Akira smiled at the soft touch in his hair and blushed "Thank you." he said under his breath, embarrassed, but happy about the complement that Marth gave him. He looked over to him and nodded, he had decided it would be rude to ask anything about the hybrid thing. Akira touched Marth's mane "I do have to say, I never thought I would end up talking to a man with more hair than me." he said and chuckled a little, running his fingers out of the mane. He stretched a bit and laid back, "Hmm, why the yellow roses?" he asked, looking over to Marth. "I loved them, don't get me wrong, but why yellow roses?"

When Marth saw Akira blush he wanted to just caress those pinkish red cheeks before he planted a deep kiss upon his probably soft lips, he licked his own lips as he imagined such a thing happening. But the image was pushed to the back of his mind as he felt Akira's slender hand running through the fur of his mane, he closed his eyes enjoying the soft touch, the little joke that came next made him chuckle softly and he opened up his eyes. "Well roses are a little cliche these days so I wanted something different from red roses, I thought of yellow because of the sun and you were the light in my life" he said in a soft tone not wanting to overwhelm Akira with his true feelings as he didn't want this little 'date' to end ever.

Akira blushed bright red. "That's...That's so sweet." he said and closed his eyes feeling the light wind on his body. He rubbed his eyes a bit "I'm afraid that I have to head on home." he mentioned as he got up "I'm getting rather tired and I do have work tomorrow." he explained, "Could we...could we maybe meet up again sometime?" he asked, looking hopeful. "I would really like that, you see very nice and it's been a while since I've been on a date with anyone." he continued on, blushing a little bit more when he mentioned date. "If-if a date is okay with you, I mean, we could just hang out or something like that as well." he rattled on, hoping he wasn't screwing things up as he bit his lip.

Marth was glad that Akira did not find his feelings to be too much when they had not really done anything, he wasn't some crazy obsessed male that was stalking Akira twenty four seven so he would be his alone. Honestly even Akira hated him he would have been able to accept it as long as the cute male was happy, soon there was disappointment in the lion's eyes as Akira said that he had to go home as he had work tomorrow. Marth nodded with less energy now but when Akira said that they might be able to meet again his ears perked up and he smiled again, "I would love to go on a date with you" he said in a delighted tone before reaching forward to grasp Akira's hand in his gently squeezing it "would you let me take you to dinner?" he asked softly.

"I suppose I can let you do that." he teased gently and moved to get up. "Could you walk me home?" he asked, holding his hand out to Marth. "I'm not a huge fan of walking around late at night" he said gesturing to himself "It's the look." he explained and chuckled a little bit. He looked back to the lake "When would you like to go out again?" he asked, brushing any grass or sand off of his pants.

He bit his lip as he glanced back to the lake, it had been a while since he had gone out on a date with anyone. At least this one knew he was male from the start and wasn't going to find out half way through or anything like that. He blinked "Marth..." he started and fidgeted "When did you know I was male, I know that sometimes it's hard to figure out and I just...I mean..." he trailed off, thinking about it for a bit. "You probably knew from the beginning...I guess."

Marth was extremely happy when Akira said that he could allow the lion to take him out to dinner, if he had less self control he would have been dancing about with the happiness that bubbled up inside of him. As Akira asked if he could walk him home he nodded before grasping the smaller hand in his gently squeezing it, the soft flesh against his fur so smooth and warm he thought before nodding to Akira's explanation of not walking around late at night. "Well I would be more than happy to walk with you" he said gently before looking thoughtful "in two days because you open up late on sundays so you can stay out with me later than you usually would" he said calmly as if he knew the exact schedule.

When Akira asked about when he knew the cute male was actually male Marth answered right away "I knew instantly but not because of my eyes" he said before leaning over to give Akira a little sniff. "You are truly cute and adorable yet your scent is that of a male's yet it only made me wish to be with you more" he said in a truthful tone as they walked towards his apartment together as if he were in a dream and if he was he never wished to awake.

Akira blinked "Yeah, you don't sound like you are stocking me at all..." he chuckled, to his there seemed to be no threat in Marth. Marth was kind and caring, a gentle lion, though Akira was starting to view him more like a kitten. He had admitted to himself that he found this man very strange and at times it worried him a bit that a man had been following him and knowing his schedule for what seemed like a while now. He bit his lip and nodded "That sounds like a good idea. I'll be free on Saturday anyway," he glanced down at their hands and gave a small smile.

He nodded when Marth explained how he knew he was male. "Ah, must be nice...though I could see it being a nuisance as well," he mumbled more to himself, wrinkling his nose when he thought about all the nasty smells that Marth probably could smell that Akira couldn't. "What other more powerful senses do you have?" he asked, before biting his lip "I'm sorry, that's probably rude to ask."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom