Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Temple of the Great Falls

WolframTheGreen

Planetoid
Just checking interest for a sort of far-eastern temple setting. Nothing Wuxia, but much akin to a Grand Temple guarding forbidden knowledge and secrets *winkwink*.

It'll of course have an order of monks in it, but it'll also be open to all visitors seeking inner peace and spiritual enlightenment. Any takers?

Definitely interested in joining this, any need for the temple and the surrounding area to have a traveling merchant that visits on a yearly basis?

About how realistic to have it be. Despite what the thread creator said, I somewhat doubt that he wants everyone who has been on the site for more than two weeks to be completely serious. And not ask questions. What proffession would you say is currently open in the game?

Professions, we need a blacksmith or a doctor, off the top of my head.

Realism, we're fairly grounded in reality, save for the Relics, but those are off limits to most people.

The OOC has more info on the world, if you need it.

Really, realistic only in the sense that he does not come from earth, does not come from the future and was born to human parents, also does not levitate... permanently, nor is a god. Also, just for short information, magic exists but originates from demons and almost always using it results in horrible horrible death.

Is there a different level of gravity on this planet so as to assist in those fancy martial art jump kicks? Also, would this culture have issues with blood, touching dead bodies, or cutting people open?

It has earth-like gravity, sorry to disappoint you in that regard. Also, we pretty much determined that the west of the world is akin to medieval-europe, north has the hugemen, one of which Arngeirr plays. The Temple itself is roughly located in what one would call the east. The south has had some demon incursions in the past, I suppose, though those kinds of things can happen everywhere.

It depends where you situate your character's culture. You should also be aware that many will see the actions you describe as at least disgusting, if not punishable. Cutting people open can have many reasons, as in, cut them open for sacrifice to a blood thirsty god? Currently, all the characters in the monastery would at least react hostile to that, if you did it in front of their eyes and such.

I was thinking along the lines of how butchers, tanners, coroners, and others who had ancestors who dealt with the dead were ostracised as unclean for centuries and how doctors had to resort to buying corpses so they had something to study on.

Hmm, an interesting question. In the west, superstition and fear before demon-incursions are high and such behavior, for example, would be seen as demonworshipping by the random peasant that saw you digging up a corpse.
All in all, no matter where in the world, you will at least be presented with questions to your nature when you suddenly take a corpse with you through the streets.

CALLING ALL PLAYERS
We're recruiting new players now that our characters are venturing outside the temple. We're posting this now because RIGHT NOW is a perfect time to join without needing to get caught up on the game up until now.
We're very accepting of virtually any character so long as the player can cooperate a bit to make sure it can fit into the setting.
If you want to join, please let us know here!
If you need help creating a character or don't know if it fits, PM me or Traveler's Guide, or drop a question here!

As said, now would be the best time to join because you don't really need prior knowledge about anything that happened in the temple so far. The venture, rather quest, outside the temple allows new players to join the existing group without much quarrel.

Hello!

I am really interested in joining your role playing game.

I have read the past few pages, and I have a good understanding of the overall story.

Also, I have been working on a character idea, and I feel that it would work well with the story.

Here is a basic overview of my character:

A long time ago, a mad necromancer found a strange artifact with a certain shimmer to it. He toyed with it in his office for a long, long time, but was unable to create anything interesting with it. Frustrated, he surgically implanted this small artifact into the body of an already-dead human child (age 14, male).

Years passed, and nothing happened to the body. More time passed, and the necromancer grew old and died. One day, the body that was buried behind the necromancer's house suddenly started wriggling and jerking, and started to move. The artifact planted into the child's body had learned to control the body, and use it to move around and explore. Hundreds of years passed, and the artifact was still able to control the human body (it was now decayed and rotting, of course).

As it turns out, when the artifact was implanted into the body of the boy, the boy's soul became entangled with the artifact. Now, the boy is able to control his own body, but on occasion, the malicious urges of the artifact override the reason of the child, and overtakes his body.

The child remembers his village being burned and pillaged by the demons, and remembers his family being dragged off with the demons. He survived by hiding in the basement, and had to watch his life crumble before him.

In his hundreds of years alive, he learned advanced medical care, and is quite capable with a large, heavy battle axe. He also learned to regrow his flesh using the artifact energy, and can generally hide his zombie traits.

Overview:
14 year old zombie, powered by energy from a demon artifact in his chest. Can live for long spans of time, flesh decays very slowly. Wants to avenge the death of his village and family. Generally in control, but sometimes prone to the malicious urges of the artifact.
Skills: Advanced medical care, and advanced battle-axe-man-ship. Also is able to disguise his zombie-ism, and comes off as a regular human most of the time.

Sounds good. Roll up a character sheet and you're good to go.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32984

Just read your character, Zee. We'll need to discuss your exact entrance, just message me or Morr and we'll be able to get you in soon.

Back
Top Bottom