Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Post-Apocalypse Interest Check (By a man who's rubbish at titles)

Hey Hey Hey, BMRPers!

Oh god, anyone else reminded of Fat Albert?

At any rate, the General here, who's looking for a few good RPers to help me out with an idea of mine.

It's a Post-Apoc idea, for starters, taking place in 2032, five to ten years (Or just an X amount of time) after an event which brought the civilized world to it's knees. There are remnants of government out there, somewhere, but it's not really much. The United States is gone. Mexico is gone, though there are rumors that it's ruled by the former Cartels. Canada... is pretty much the same, actually. Just a bit emptier than it was before.

South America's gone. Yep, every government in South America is gone.

Europe, Asia and Africa, no one really knows, they went dark before the Americas did.

Survivors are many, yes, but not as many as before. There are wrecks of aerial transport littered around the world, containing bodies of those who died in the crashes (except for the ones who survived, seeing as a crash landing doesn't mean planes just fall from the sky! ... *Looks around* Phew!)

There are gangs of survivors who relish in anarchy called Marauders who wander around and kill, rape, pillage and then move on to the next town. Then they'll come back to the town they killed, raped, and pillaged to see if anyone occupied it since then. They're smarter than they look.

While I pretty much have all of that for me, there's an issue.

What the event is. That's my problem, muchachos.

Now, characters are welcome to many weapons, since most Marauders use a mixture of fervent Firearms and crude melee instruments of death and killer...y... I ran out of adjectives, so sue me.

Of course, I don't want nuclear armageddon, nor do I want zombies. Sorry Zombie Apoc fans, I like Zombies as much as the next guy (Even got myself a site!), but it's not what I'm looking for here.

And nothing with Hell rising into the Earth either. I'm not fearful of demonic forces, I just think that the Reckoning being at hand is a bit... overused. And stupid.

But other than Hell, Nukes, and Zombies, any other suggestions are good.

No 2012 scenarios either. If I hear one lick of Mayans, I'm gonna throttle someone.

Yeah, through your computer screen!

Then I'll burn your house down!

With lemons!

Bit mad there, but some of you understand my reasons.

At any rate, plots and events! Launch!

Go?

Activate!

Alright, I'm starting to sound a lot more stupid than I really am, so come on guys! Brainstorm! Thinking caps! All that jazz!

Islands might be an issue. There would be very limited resources and I don't doubt that there would be some form of climate change which would at the very least kill off the vegetation, if not sink it entirely.

I'm thinking set in the Old U.S., but I'm not thinking we should take on a settler role here. I'm thinking survival, with a goal to get somewhere.

In an old RP I did a while ago, we had survivors who were heading towards Empire City, a large settlement that was based around the Empire State Building in New York. Of course, this was a zombie RP, but it could be tweaked for our event as well. An educated autocracy or something similar to that. A sort of Eden our characters would try to get to after meeting up.

Or an underground society, metaphorical or literal, take your pick.

I still say the Terraforming idea is viable, either Ice Age, Scorching Desert, or maybe Infinite Jungles.

... Come to think of it, those sound like exotic alcoholic beverages.

All three have interesting effects on how our characters will react to their environment.

At any rate, we need an event, a goal for the plot, and obstacles for the characters.

So my vote's for Terraforming Gone Wrong - Infinite Jungles.

Or aliens.

I'm a fan of aliens.

The terraforming thing would likely lead to a combination, as there is only so much water in the world. Glaciers would such up a fair bit of water while cutting off the river flows to some areas, as well as melting into others, filling them with water. Though it might be hard to map. Greenland is three islands but filled with a glacier, so that should give you an idea what I am speaking about.

I see what you're saying, Kadavro. But, for the interest of this idea, I'm going to go through the thread again, list what was suggested and how many people were for it, then I'm going to start up another thread with a poll showing the events that I narrowed down to being the most fun to write in.

Generalfoley said:
Hey Hey Hey, BMRPers!

Oh god, anyone else reminded of Fat Albert?

At any rate, the General here, who's looking for a few good RPers to help me out with an idea of mine.

It's a Post-Apoc idea, for starters, taking place in 2032, five to ten years (Or just an X amount of time) after an event which brought the civilized world to it's knees. There are remnants of government out there, somewhere, but it's not really much. The United States is gone. Mexico is gone, though there are rumors that it's ruled by the former Cartels. Canada... is pretty much the same, actually. Just a bit emptier than it was before.

South America's gone. Yep, every government in South America is gone.

Europe, Asia and Africa, no one really knows, they went dark before the Americas did.

Survivors are many, yes, but not as many as before. There are wrecks of aerial transport littered around the world, containing bodies of those who died in the crashes (except for the ones who survived, seeing as a crash landing doesn't mean planes just fall from the sky! ... *Looks around* Phew!)

There are gangs of survivors who relish in anarchy called Marauders who wander around and kill, rape, pillage and then move on to the next town. Then they'll come back to the town they killed, raped, and pillaged to see if anyone occupied it since then. They're smarter than they look.

While I pretty much have all of that for me, there's an issue.

What the event is. That's my problem, muchachos.

Now, characters are welcome to many weapons, since most Marauders use a mixture of fervent Firearms and crude melee instruments of death and killer...y... I ran out of adjectives, so sue me.

Of course, I don't want nuclear armageddon, nor do I want zombies. Sorry Zombie Apoc fans, I like Zombies as much as the next guy (Even got myself a site!), but it's not what I'm looking for here.

And nothing with Hell rising into the Earth either. I'm not fearful of demonic forces, I just think that the Reckoning being at hand is a bit... overused. And stupid.

But other than Hell, Nukes, and Zombies, any other suggestions are good.

No 2012 scenarios either. If I hear one lick of Mayans, I'm gonna throttle someone.

Yeah, through your computer screen!

Then I'll burn your house down!

With lemons!

Bit mad there, but some of you understand my reasons.

At any rate, plots and events! Launch!

Go?

Activate!

Alright, I'm starting to sound a lot more stupid than I really am, so come on guys! Brainstorm! Thinking caps! All that jazz!

cut down on the crack.....soda or what ever your on, i saw an event on another site that was kinda cool a cross between hell raising and zombies but i figure you could put your own spin on it.

something along the lines of an abnormal tectonic shit causes strange pillars to raise from the ground. Maybe an asteroid shower pelting the planet releasing a poisonous gas that killed when inhaled and mutated the flesh turning the dead into mutants bring them back to life to kill more when the poison runs out

Back
Top Bottom