Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taming the Gypsy Trade (Valanaer)

When Tari mentioned age it was honestly something that Saren hadn't thought anything about. He did know that while Elves had extremely long lifespans they did not age like humans or many of the other races, in fact they would look young for centuries before showing any signs of aging. Suddenly he found himself rather curious about the age of the woman beneath him, if in fact she was messing with him or if perhaps he really was nothing but a child to her. Not that he really care, the prince wasn't one to get caught up with such things, but he was curious to know just how old she was. "I have no idea how old you are, in fact there are many things I don't know about you..." A small smirk rose on his face as he continued to speak and still didn't move his face from hers, "Not that I'm not curious but honestly I don't care how old you are."

Saren couldn't contain himself as he leaned in and kissed her but he didn't kiss her lips and instead moved to kiss her soft slender neck before whispering in her ear, "Does it bother you that I am young, is that why you bring it up at such a time?" The prince nipped at her earlobe playfully. He did know she could just be messing with him but he played with her game, if she was only playing with him it wouldn't matter, if she was indeed older and he was merely a child to her he would make sure and mess with her a bit as well, see if she was self-conscious and mess with her if she was. He did think it would be interesting if she was older but other than having a bit of fun with the knowledge he didn't really care.

Tari raised her shoulders to hide her ears from the man, giving off a complaining mumble in return to his actions. "I doubt you're that much younger then I am," she admitted, her eyes sliding closed as the man touched her. "So obviously, I don't mind..." She let her words trail off, not needing to say more to the man at that point. She had simply brought up the point to tease the man, kick him off the bed and of course, bother him in general, but there was no super special plan behind it all.

In a smooth, fluid motion, Tari lifted her hand from the bed and smoothly ran her hand over his side. "Don't start that," she requested, sending a light shock through her finger to the man's side. She certainly didn't want the man to start biting and leaving marks on her body, as there was a chance they'd simply go further into the touching. Their early morning wake up call meant they couldn't risk staying up too late with getting intimate with each other. Not that night, at least. "Sleep. Now. Early morning, remember?"

It seemed she had been teasing him but that didn't change the fact that he was having fun with her using the idea, she said she doubted he was much younger, now he really wanted to know how old she was. Of course Saren was too smart to continue the conversation right then and there, he would bring it up at another time and find out just how much older she was than him eventually, though he knew with human women it could be a sensitive subject, he would need to be careful. His own teasing actions didn't go too much better though, Tari quickly putting an end to his nibbling and kissing with a light shock from her fingertips. Saren simply rolled off of her laughing, "Yes yes, I know. I suppose I shall just have to revisit that at a later time..."

Saren sighed, lifting his body up a bit and dragging the covers down so he could slip underneath them, pulling them over his legs before finally removing his shirt as he nearly always did before bed. With his shirt off it was obvious more had changed, he had a bit more muscle definition than he had before, extra training and combat situations bringing that about, but also he had a nasty looking scar on his right side in his abdomen, no doubt caused by the kind of wound that could have been life endangering. He said nothing though and slipped himself under the sheets completely, laying his head on the pillow and letting out a quiet sigh of relief. He was tired but not yet ready to go to sleep, he would simply have to lay there for awhile before slumber would take him, though it would be a bit harder with Tari next to him, her being around making him more energetic than ever.

Tari followed the man's lead and slid under the covers of the bed laying back and sighing to herself. They playful nature of the man beside her was a nice change to what she had been used to dealing with at her home, during the rebuilding and alterations of her village. It was hard to find an enjoyable spirit while they were cleaning up what was left of their homes and people. Most of the Elves were upset about what had happened and it took quite some time for them to even begin to get over the situation at hand. As soon as Tari had crossed the entry way to the large city, her only thoughts were to see the man and finally get the fresh breath of air that she so needed in the dark times she had just gone through. And now that she was there with him, he was giving her just that. Even without touching, she was feeling relief and relaxing from the inside out.

"How long did that take to heal?" she questioned, gesturing towards the scar on the man's side. It didn't look nearly as bad as what it had when he got it, and had certainly healed while the two were apart, but it certainly wasn't healthy again. A mark like that would most likely be with the man forever, even if some of the best healing magic around was used to help him. Tari turned onto her side and inched closer to the man, fully content with just laying beside him for the time it took the two to fall asleep. "I take it you can still fight with it though, yes?"

Saren found the entire thing comforting and the only thing better than having her next to him was knowing that Tari would be around for quite some time, that this wasn't going to last only a few days but much longer. He wanted to be with her though, kiss the woman and feel her body against his, but taking things slow seemed like a must, sure they had been intimate before the separation but they still had a lot to learn, so he would sleep next to her tonight, comfortable and content, and see where things went as she stayed. There was a certain feeling he had ever since she arrived though, it was as if everything had been wrong up until that moment and suddenly all was right again, as stupid as it sounded, even in his head, it was as if a missing piece of his life had finally returned. He never would have thought a woman would be able to impact him in such a way, especially when she didn't seem to be trying, the wild prince had so easily been calmed and he didn't realize it until it had already happened.

His lack of sleepiness seemed to be shared by Tari, allowing his thoughts to be contained as his attention turned back to her. "It took weeks even with magic. I did keep opening it back up so that didn't help. I can still fight and it doesn't really impact me save the ugly scar." He didn't share the story of how he got it, as it wasn't all that impressive. Essentially it had been another border skirmish but one of their young knights had got himself hurt pretty badly. In the confusion of rescuing him the prince had taken a rather nasty dagger, the curves of the blade causing him to nearly bleed out. The only reason he survived was the knights mage, the man specialized in healing magic as was probably the best human mage anywhere close to their kingdom. Needless to say it was good that Saren was so close with his knights, the second he had been stabbed the entire group of men had pushed back the enemies with a fury which astounded him still. "I know it has to be disappointing, my perfect body having such a mark." The male smirked and let out a slight chuckle, he didn't really care about the wound, there was a time when he would have but it didn't seem like such a big deal anymore, now that he had more on his mind then the next woman he would bed.

"Perfect by who's standards exactly?" Tari questioned, raising a single eyebrow as she looked over the man's expression. Meanwhile, her hand slid to Saren's cheek, her thumb smoothly running over the man's skin. He certainly wasn't perfect for her race, as they preferred thinner, pale males of their own kind rather then the muscular humans that were always seen around. Elves never had the chance to show their muscle, but that didn't mean they were any less powerful than the males of other races. She certainly wasn't one to turn the prince away, but she also didn't see him as a perfect being. In the back of her mind, she kept the thoughts of her own race there, comparing Saren to the men she grew up with in looks and attitude. It was more of his exotic look that drew her closer, not to mention how much fight he had inside of him.

Either way, the elf smiled, leaning in to place a light kiss on his lips. She drew back to keep it short, and let her hand fall, her fingers lightly dancing down along his neck and onto his shoulder. "There's nothing wrong with having a scar," she pointed out. "In my culture, it's a sign of development. A war wound is something to show with pride." It wasn't a 'the bigger the better' case, but to show that your survived another battle allowed others to see just how tough you were. But on the other hand, if a wound came from fighting one of your own, from inside your village family, they were seen as shameful and were better off hidden to save yourself the embarrassment that came along with such a mark.

Saren wasn't surprised that Tari had different opinions of perfect and he didn't think himself truly perfect but as a human male he was an incredible specimen in the eyes of his own kind. "To humans I suppose, though I don't care what they think of me, as long as you find me appealing I'm fine." The male was not as fair as the Elven men, he had a larger frame, a more defined muscle mass, and skin that looked rather dark compared to the pale elves. Of course the Elven females smaller bodies simply made them more appealing to human males, especially those such as Saren who found the hidden strength an appealing trait. He knew something about him attracted her, perhaps it was his personality, though he doubted it. He would just have to let it be, he was confident enough, especially when he could outdo most, Elven or human alike when it came to the important things and in the end she was laying next to him. "You know, the fact that you don't find me so perfect is understandable but don't forget how jealous and possessive I can get." Saren's tone still wasn't serious but what he said was, Tari would know from when they first met and that was something that was not going to change.

The kiss cleared his mind though and he let out a soft sigh, her fingers remained on his and it was nice and intimate but the more she kissed him the harder it would be to keep his hands off her. "A few of my men told me to show it off a bit, they had the same though, a war wound that proved I am a veteran. To be honest I liked to show off my lack of wounds as proof of how skilled I was." It wasn't the popular opinion, most of his men told him that not having a scar or two only supported the ignoring belief that he was a spoiled prince who did nothing but relax and let others do the dirty work. "It was rather funny though, they threw me a party after I recovered, they told me I had finally become a man. It kinda pissed me off, they messed with me the entire night." He put his hands behind his head and turned to look at Tari "What do you think, does it make me look more manly?"

Tari took a second in her own thoughts before giving her shoulders a slight raise in a shrugging motion. "It doesn't make you look any more of less manly," she told him. He wanted her opinion, that's what he was going to get. "It makes you look older, more mature, certainly like you've been through a battle..." Her hand began to faintly glow before she placed it lightly over the scar, assessing the damage for herself. It had been healed up as much as it could and there was no chance of it opening again, but at the same time, it had damaged quite a bit while it was still open. It certainly was painful to have, that was for sure. "As I said, in my culture, scars are simply a sign of surviving. Your men were right to celebrate it."

The glowing slowly stopped and she placed her palm just below the scar, inching closer to the man under the covers. The movement was somewhat innocent and quickly followed by her head ducking to lay against the man's chest while her eyes closed. She let out a soft sigh-like breath as her body relaxed and she took in the scent of the man in front of her. She had missed his smell and his smirk while they were apart. The two features continued to appear in her dreams, but nothing was the same as seeing the look up close, and nothing gave her the satisfaction of knowing she had caused it in her dreams. She swiftly left her thoughts and smoothly wrapped her arm around the man, placing it just above his stomach, avoiding the scar as she did so.

"It's nothing to worry about," she finally told him. "If people don't like you having it, it's too late."

Back
Top Bottom