Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What makes a person sexy?

Candira

Singularity
Besides the obvious physicality of a person, what is it about men and women that makes them desirable. What is sexy to you? What combination of traits do you look for? No matter if you're straight, gay, or bi, I'm curious to know. What is it that makes men sexy? Women?

If you're listing a physical trait, please make it bright green.
If you're listing a personality trait, please make it yellowish.

Thanks. Enjoy the responses. :D

When looking at men, there are a few things I look for. Mostly, it has to do with eyes. A smouldering pair of eyes is pretty awesome. But it's not just the eyes. The eyebrows also play a part in this. They sort of make the expressions on a face, so it's important to have those contained. Groom a little-- bushy eyebrows are not easy to pull off. *nods*

Shaggy hair has a fond place in my mind, but only to a point. There are some guys who look way better with buzz cuts, and generally, I prefer short hair on a guy. Don't get me wrong, there are men who can pull off longer hair (Heath Ledger for example), but the vast majority of men cannot.

Last couple physical things: Bone structure. Adrian Grenier has fantastic bone structure and sexy eyes. Crazy hair, but he pulls it off for the most part. Muscles. Definition is sexy, but that doesn't mean you need to have bulky muscles. This is much prettier than that.

Speaking regarding characteristics, there are fewer things in a man that are sexier than confidence--confidence in himself, and his sexuality. There is, however a difference between confidence and arrogance, so that line should be tread carefully. A witty comeback now and then will go a long way with me. Someone who is sweet and funny can be sexy. Sensitivity goes a long way too--but these are mostly things that keep me locked in. A little bit of mystery, not to mention some take-charge attitude, and voila. Sexiness.

Also, need I say it? Accents are hot. Finding that the Irish accents make me think most of manly men. French and British accents hint at a little polish. Spanish and Italian accents make me think of passionate men. In terms of sexiness, this list is my favorite.

Guys who's eyes smile when they smile. Its hard to explain, but I love it when a guy smiles, and his entire face seems to be smiling. Light colored eyes with dark hair is nice. Clean cut.

As for personality traits... obviously confidence, comfortable with himself, being blunt and honest (but not in a rude way), and charm.

I'm a sucker for accents x.x I dated an English guy with the sexiest english accent. Seriously. I like english accents in general, but obviously there are different regional accents. And I loved his. He could probably still seduce me with his voice if he wanted to D:

Definitely an interesting topic of conversation. Thought I'd provide my opinion despite the fact that I am pansexual. That is to say, I look more for a specific type of personality than a specific sex/looks. Doesn't mean that I don't have a few preferences though~

Simply think of the following list as what makes a person attractive to me as opposed to sexy as sexyness is not a very important factor when I look for someone. :)

Men

When it comes to other men, I look for someone who's completely chill simply put, I enjoy peace and quiet and as such would rather have a boyfriend who feels much the same about that.

Also, I do NOT and this bears repeating, do NOT like muscles. As such, I would rather have a boyfriend who had a lithe frame. Body hair is also a huge turn off, other than the arms and legs, so it would have to be someone who is able to keep up consistent shaving when it comes to 'other' areas, like armpits, crotch, butt, chest, face.

Women

I do not like 'girly girls' and as such someone who is a bit of a tomboy has more chance of catching my attention. I prefer a girl who's not afraid of her sexuality and can talk about it openly without being 'stuck up'. We're all adults, we masturbate, we fantasize, we experience, what's the big deal?

I tend to prefer long hair over short one. And prefer reasonably sized breasts over 'huge' ones.

Both genders

First and foremost, I look for someone who likes videogames, this might sound silly, but it is a very important aspect of my life. And odds are if that person doesn't like videogames in some way shape or form, we'll never get along, as I simply have difficulty relating to a 'non-gamer'.

I have a HUGE thing for glasses, to me everyone looks cuter with glasses. No. Exceptions. If a person has glasses but doesn't wear them on a constant basis, odds are, I will FORCE them to, simply to satisfy my desire to see them with glasses on. This is something that I'm not very willing to 'negotiate' on and am kind of anal about it. If glasses are present, they will be worn.

I want someone who does not want children as it is something that I really would rather NOT do myself. I do NOT want to be a father, ever, and the desire to populate the world with even more people is not something I am keen on.

On the other hand, being a cat lover is a must. I want a cat someday, despite being allergic to them. I will put up with that allergy simply so I can have one of those little cuddly fuzzballs around, I LOVE cats, way too much.

Thought I'd throw my two cents in here.

Men
Seeing as I do not find dudes sexy by any stretch of the imagination, I have no criteria for them. Doesn't mean we can't be friends, I just don't swing that way

Women
Personality goes a long way with me. If you're a complete bitch, I don't care how hot or attractive you are; expect me to avoid you like the plague. And if you get up in my face, expect a verbal bitch-slap the likes of which your spoiled ass has never experienced. That being said, I don't like spineless wimps either....Let me put it this way: If I have to feel sorry for you, then you're not my type. Sorry. I like girls with backbone, but at the same time know how to respect limits and not impose their own desires and make them 'law'. Just...no, that's not gonna fly with me.

But, there's definitely a physical component as well (Bite me, I'm a guy, lol). I adore long hair, but not too long (about waist-length is damn sexy, any longer is too much). I don't mind short hair and I've met some girls who pull off the 'tomboy cut' (as I call it) quite well.

Call me weird, but I've got a thing for women with bright-colored eyes (I know, weird, right?). There's just something about them that gets me going, I don't know what it is.

Make-up: A little lip gloss or lipstick and eyeshadow is fine, just don't go overboard. If I wanted that, I'd date a mime.

Chest size: I like to play what I call the 'middle-field'. Kind of hard to establish criteria for this, since different body types (in my eyes) need different chest sizes to make them 'sexy' to me. 9 out of 10, though, is usually a C or D cup.

Body: Again, the 'middle-field' argument applies. I don't want a twig, nor do I find a Double Whopper Supreme particularly attractive. I don't mind women who are a little chubby and in fact if it's in the right places, it can be quite attractive.

Legs: For some reason, I really like women with long, shapely legs. Especially when they wear heels *shudders with delight*

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the definition of 'sexy'. Take it as you will.

I'm not going to list my entire must-haves, but this sounds like fun, so here's just stuff that I've noticed.

Men: Tall, I've never dated a guy under 5'8". It's not a 'has to have', but it's obviously a type I've gone for so far.

Women: Petite, I'm sorry - just a preference for dating, I don't date bigger women. I'm fairly small, so for some odd reason, a bigger woman kind've intimidates me - oddly enough, it's the opposite for men around me.

Both: Clean (Hygiene-wise). Truthful. Goal Oriented.

Men: Good Work Ethic, it shocks me how many guys lack this. I'm getting down to the nitty gritty too, I'm not just saying he has a job - but he does a good job at what he does. He could be a damn plumber for all I care, but if he tries the best to be the best plumber he can be, then I'm happy.

Women: This is going to sound terrible because I won't date bigger women, but from past girlfriends I've noticed I have this soft spot for soft stomachs. I'm not saying muscles and hard abs, I'm just saying smooth skin, and it has this little... Small roll right near the hips - uuuunnnffff... I just want to lay my head there and cuddle.

Men: Competitive I grew up in sports, and I play video games now - I want a guy that can take it - and then dish it right back. But I also want him to have good sportsmanship so he's not a huge jack ass when I kick his ass. : )

When you have as much experience as I do with women, it becomes more and more about the type of person she is than what she looks like. This is not to say that I don't enjoy physical beauty. In fact, I think it is quite nessesary to have at least some physical attraction between two people or it just won't work out. For me, I find that if a girl (to me) physicially is a 6 or 7 out of 10, but has a stellar personality...that rating can get boosted up to an 8 or 9. (Note: I know that sort of rating system is such a superficial value judgement, but I was trying to make a point. Hope I make sense.)

Physical Attributes: This is by no means a strict set of things I absolutely must have, these are just things I tend to find myself attracted to. So here we go. I'm a fan of long hair, but occasionally I find a girl with well styled or exotic short hair that I find quite attractive. Usually I'm into dark hair and exotically colored hair. I like decent bodies and by decent I mean not obese and not anorexic. The acceptable range for me is slightly overweight to athletic. Just not a muscular build kind of athletic. B cup to D cup breast size is just fine by me. I don't like monster tits though. A nice ass is great too. What's most important to me though is everything above the neck. Pretty face, nice eyes, cute smile, good hair, lovely complexion. Pretty much, as long as she has a sense of style, takes care of herself, and does the best with what she's got, that will be enough for me.

Personality attributes: This list is a little more strict. I'm much more selective about the personality quality of women I allow into my life. Positivity is a huge one! I don't want to be around someone who pulls me down...I want someone who will lift me up, encourage me, and hopefully make me a better person. I like Unapologetic Expressiveness...meaning she is not afraid to be herself. I like a girl who is confident and not very introverted. Plainess, boringness, averageness, and quietness is a dealbreaker. I want someone unique, who has their own values and interests. I value intelligence, critical thinking, and those whos political views are more liberal than conservative. I would want someone who is secular and not a religious fundamentalist. I desire someone exciting, adventerous, creative, happy, funny, and just like to have a good time. Finally, I want someone who is sexual and likes to try new things in the bedroom. Sexual compatibility is also important to me. I'm a switch so I like variety...I'd like a girl who is also a switch who can either dom or sub with me. :)

Interesting, I hadn't taken sexual compatibility into consideration before. Now I have something to think about. :D

Haha with my current plaything, we found out rather quickly that we are very compatible. She makes me have body shaking orgasms. @_@

Back
Top Bottom