Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Could you love a Harajuku girl? {Kei&Frelance}

Kei-baby

Super-Earth
new+Garden-Harajuku.jpg

Ayame Tukimi sighed softly as she walked into Harrison High. She had forgone her all out Cyber punk look today in favor of a bit more tone down outfit or at least what was in her mind toned down. Her tight leahter pants shined under the flourescent lights of the hallways and her favorite combat boots made soft clunking noises as she walked. She noticed a few people staring at her but she could care less. Hell even without the getup there probably still would have been people staring she was Japanese after all, half the people in the school probably had never seen anyone of enthinicity in the school. "Damn podunk town in the middle of bumfuck nowhere" she muttered to herself yes she spoke perfect non accented english she had actually been raised by her american mother who didn't speak a lick of Japanese even thought the insane woman lived in Tokyo. Her dad well she wasn't sure, he was always traveling or doing business for Sony Inc. she'd only met the man a few times but aparently this whole damn exchange student thing had been his Idea.

She brushed a lock od shiny navy blue hair away from her fce as she counted down locker number "107, 106... 105!" she said with a relieved sigh then she looked down as the sheet of paper in her hand a locker combination. She quickly spun the lock before opening her locker and dumping her studded checkerboard back pack inside.She shut the door with a slam before leaning back up against her locker and watching people as they walked past glaring at a few who stared to long.

She adjusted the ties string on the corset she wore before teasing the back of her hair a bit more givin her a bit crazier look. "Might as well make sure they don't talk to me now" she said as she reaplied her electric blue lipstick. Hell no she didn't want friends all she wanted was to get through the first semester of this damn awful senior year and go home. At least if she was home no one would stare at her for the wrong reasons they'd stare at her because she had so many friends people she loved and thought cared about her desite the way she dressed and acted or mabe they loved her because of that. She gave a heavy sighe just thinking about he friends back home got her depressed "Okay happy thoughts ummm Steve an Marie's faces when they saw what I was wearing to school" she chuckled at the memory of her good christian exchange familys expressions the look of shock had been totally priceless.

She smirked as
a teacher walked past giving her a glance then doing a 180 and walking back towards her "Miss Tukimi?"
"Yesss?" Aya asked boredly
"You do realize we have a dress code here"
"Yeah and?"
"Well I'm not sure it's best..."
"Look counseler lady I read the handbook, this meets your damn standards... don't like it then you can watch me walk into school nude 'cause this is all I have in my closet" she said and she watched as the Counseler walked away sputtering something about in apropriate dress and reforming the code
Aya just rolled her eyes and continued to people watch to pass the time before her fist class

Jason pulled the straps tighter on his back pack as he waited for a few people to pass him by so he could have the foot bridge that ran over the river clear. As the last person stepped off the bridge he pressed turned on his mp3 and sprinted towards the bridge at the last moment he jumped landing on the hand rail. His barely slowed as he crossed the river and went from a dead run into a shoulder roll as he hit the ground then back up and ran the last few blocks to the Harrison High. Ignoring the break in the fence off to his right Jason just kept running and did a front flip over the low fence that ran along the school properties perimeter.

Rolling back to his feet Jason slowed to a light jog as he slipped into the school through a closing door. Not knowing that today would be any different than the Thursday before it he took his time getting to the hall that held his locker. Turning the corner he spotted a few guys wearing a shirt the same shirt as him that identified them as part of the track team at Harrison. Slipping off his backpack he held a finger ofer his mouth as a few people spotted him so they would keep quite as he started to run down the hall his sneekers making almost no noise. He tossed his bag past the group and let it slide across the hall and slam into the lockers while he grabbed the small ledge provided by the top of the lockers to swing up and over the heads of the guys who had not known he was behind them. Landing he crouched and leaned forward onto his toes to get rid of the excess momentum before he stood and straightened his t-shirt so that it covered to top of the black track pants he had on.

“Fucking asshole, ” Smiling Mark got to his feet and glared at Jason. “That is getting old.” He started to grin despite his best efforts then glanced over at Jason’s bag which had hit the wall only two feet to Ayame’s right. “You might want to look where you throw next time dude.”

Jason stopped laughing slowly then looked across the hall and spotted Ayame for the first time. His smiling faltered for a moment but he was able to snap his mouth shut before it hung fully open. After almost a full minutes he shook his head and detached himself from the group before walking over and starting to unlock locker 106 as he looked at Ayame. “Sorry about that, if I had seen you I would have just dropped the bag back there.” He thumbed over his shoulder back down the hall as he opened the locker with his other hand. He had to work hard to keep his eyes on hers since all he wanted to do was get a closer look at her outfit.

Ayame rolled her dark eyes as she watched one boy do a flip over the heads of a few guys that were all wearing the same shirt. "Pfft Jocks..." she mumbled to herself her eyebrows raised as a backpack slid into her ankle and she shoved it a couple feet away with her foot as the show off proceeded to talk with his friends. She stayed silent until out of the corner of her eye she saw him walking towards her. When he spoke Aya's face stayed stoic as her cold gaze fell on him she definitely looked like she didn't want to be here either that or she hated his guts, which she didn't well not yet at least. "Whatever... Seems you were preoccupied anyways..." She said in a low voice as she brushed her bangs away from her eyes again.

She seemed bored and uninterested in him almost ignoring his presence there beside her as he opened his locker. Ayame knew he was still there but for the moment she didn't care if stared it was the annoying questions that people asked her that pissed her off, the worst was 'Are you chinese or something?' ask that question and she would most definitely bite your head off.

"Take a picture it'll last longer" she said throwing him a sideways glance as he started to stare a bit.

Jason ignored the look she gave him and just shrugged turning away and picking up his bag. "Ya, I have been trying to get back at him for a while. I guess I just got tunnel vision when I saw him." He hung the bag up in his locker as he looked over her outfit. There was no one like her in town. The closest thing to her were one or to of the druggies but they just wore a lot of black, hell that was not even close to what she was. He looked away quickly to hide his embarrassment even though he knew it wouldn't work. "Sorry, its just hard no to stare. What do you call your style?" He looked back at her as he asked before starting to pull out a psychology book and notebook before closing his locker.

Hesitating for a second as he locked the locker he glanced across the hall but no one reas really waiting for him so he leaned against the lockers. He wanted to know more about this girl and before class was the best time to do it since he had no clue what classes she was in.

Ayame smiled a bit at his question just a tiny smile thought. "Harajuku or Americans I'm fairly sure call it Tokyo Punk" she said adding air quotes with her fingers around Tokyo punk. Obviously this was the best subject to talk about with her the only thing she actually enjoyed talking about. "Actually half the girls at my school dress like this... actually a bit more austentacious my best friend Mikumi's hair is hot pink and she wears it in what you americans call Liberty Spikes... we call it Harinezumi or Needle Rat, This is pretty toned down from what I'm used to wearing and I had to dye my hair back to a more normal color to fit your schools dress code" she said giving a tiny sad sigh she did miss her electric blue hair

She looked down at her slip of paper in her hands an checked for her first class... Psych... Wait what book was he holding? She glanced down nervously at his book 'Great' she thought to herself "Where's Psychology?" she asked then looked down at her combat boots.

Jason started to relax as she seemed to open up and answer his question. As he listened to her explain how things were in her school he got more interested in her. "Needle rat?" Chuckling he glanced across the hall as he heard someone whistle but looked back at her still smiling as he ignored Mark. "Needle rat sounds like a better name for it."

Just after she asked where the class was the bell rang. "Second floor, come on this is the fastest way." He pointed down the hall to the stair case. "So if you don't mind me asking but what made you come to Harrison? I mean your school sounds a lot more interesting then here." He kept pace with her and ignored the people staring at them as everyone started to make their way to class.

Ayame nodded her head "Well needle rat is the literal translation we typically use it to describe porcupine or hedgehogs." she said and then she gave a soft laugh "I agree thought Needle Rat is a very good name for it" she frowned when she heard a whistle and she pursed her lips a bit "Friend of yours?" she asked before the bell rang and he was showing her the way to class

His next question made her sigh "It wasn't really my idea my father is the Chairman for a big electronic company in Japan he thought I'd benefit from being cultured in american ways... I didn't really pick Harrison I just scrolled through the list and picked one at random I don't really care in the least about this whole exchange program I just want to get it over with although I am excited for your american Prom" she said and she glared at a couple girl who were whispering . "You know you lose the whole point of whispering about someone if you stare at them as you do it!" she called to the girl as they past by "Why do they all think it so odd you're walking with the freaky foreign exchange student?" she asked

"Sounds like a good enough name as any for them." He looked over his shoulder as he spoke. Once they were at the top of the stairs he fell back into step with her. "Ya, been friends with him since grade school." He reached up and scratched the back of his head as she explained how she ended up at Harrison. Chuckling he shook his head at the mention of prom. "Prom should be good, but I hope you can find something more entertaining than that while your here. Although I am sure you could have made a better choice than Harrison."

He stopped at the doorway to there class and turned to look back at the girls. He took a moment to make sure Ayame had actually said what he thought she did then laughed. "Lets get inside. I will explain once the teacher knows who you are." He gave her a smile then walked into the class. After pointing out the teacher he walked about halfway down the room and sat down putting his books on the desk next to his. Psychology was one of the few classes he didn't have with any of the other runners from his team so he usually didn't have to talk shop with anyone which was a nice break.

"Oh trust me all the teachers know who Ayame Tukimi is" she said with a sigh "I'm the first foreign exchange student they've had in three years" she rolled her eyes then a bit as she walked up to the teacher. "Hi I'm Ayame and I'm in this class my last name is pronouced Too-kee-mee and my first name is A-Yah-May. Though I'd prefer it if you'd just use Aya" she said getting all the formalities out of the way "I need a book though for this semester" she said the teacher however was still looking up at Ayame is shock.

"Helloooo ? Anybody home?" Aya asked waving a hand in front of the teachers face. She smiled as the teacher seemed to come back to life "A book yes of course... I'm Ms. Morrow by the way" the teacher said and Aya just nodded her head as the teacher handed her a new text book. Aya smiled and went and sat in the desk next to Jason since he was the only person she knew so far. "Anyways you realize you never told me your name?" she said with a light laugh "I'm Ayame but I prefer Aya" she said

Jason didn't think anyone had spoken to any of the teachers the way Aya was but then again no one in the town got the same reactions as Aya. "I realized but I also thought it was more likely that you were not going to speak to me so I didn't give it." He flipped open the book to the fourth chapter then turned and smiled at her. "Nice to meet you, names Jason. So I want to know something about your school. Do the jocks and Hara," He broke off halfway and paused for a second before conitnued. "I mean Tokyo punks hang out much or do they just hang out with people from their groups?" He was not sure if she had been being sarcastic back in the hall when she asked why the girls had been whispering about her but he didn't want to come right out and ask.

Aya smirked at him and and nodded her head "Good point" she said as she looked up at the chalk board and opened it to the designated page before turning back to him "Jason huh?" she said and then she shrugged when he said he wanted to ask a question "Ask away...oh..." she mumbled and rolled her eyes as she leaned back in the desk "You're one of them?" she asked a bit of spite in her voice "It depends really I'm on the girl's softball and gymnastics team at our school I also do track... most of us play sports... there really isn't any designated group we kinda just are friends..." she frowned a bit then "You americans are still so segregated among yourselves the civil right movement was in the 60's right?" she laughed then "Why do you ask?" she said then

Jason shrugged as she asked if he was one of the jocks who only hung out with other jocks. He listened with interest as she gave him an insight into the school she had come from. When she mentioned doing track his eyebrows went up, she was getting more interesting the more he got to know about her. "Civil rights? Ya it was the in the 60's." He was quite for a minute then added. "Look, I am not against hanging with anyone but its a small town." He paused and held up his hand as attendance was called then sat back in chair and tried to get comfortable. "Small towns here are more conservative which is why if you had gone to one of the big cities you would not have stood out so much."

Once he got comfortable he heard his mp3 and realized it was still on. Groaning he pulled it out of his pocket and shut it off before putting it away. "What do you run in track?" He wanted to hear more about her. "I focus on the four and eight hundred."

"Uh huh" she said rolling her eyes at the whole I would hang out with other people but... part. Raising her hand up and flipping the teacher the bird when her name was called "Moron..." she muttered the teacher wasn't even paying any attention that should have gotten her a warning at the very least but no Ms. Morrow continued to call names and stare at her damn computer. "Change starts with a single person Jason..." she said as she watched him pull out an Mp3 and shut it off. She smiled when he aske what she ran in track.

"I'm Anchor for our 4x4 and I do Triple jump, High jump and Pole vault... I'm trying to learn discus but my coach say I still throw like a girl" she laughed at that and looked at Jack for a moment. "I'm surprised you don't do Jumps I think you be pretty good I saw you flip over those friends of yours." she said then. The teacher said to read the pages that were on the board and then went back to her computer "Wooow Ikumi was right American teachers suck!" she said quite loudly trying to see if she could get a rise out of the teacher when the lady didn't say anything she broke out into laughs

Jason bit back what he would have said to anyone else if they had fed him a similar line about one makes a difference. "I have done my fair share of change. Anyway if all goes well I am gone as soon as they give me my diploma." All he wanted was to get out of town, he had known the town was to small for him which was the biggest reason he had changed his ways.

Grinning Jason listened to what she was telling him. It had been a while since he had seen anyone who could match him in a jump so he started to wonder if he might have found someone who could give him the push he needed to improve his skills. He laughed a little before he started to speak. "You should try out for the team you might enjoy it, at the very least you will keep up your skills until you go back home." Grinning he watched Ms.Morrow just keep staring at her computer even after Aya's insult. When the teacher finally looked up a bit confused Jason looked down at his text and worked hard to hide his laughter as he bit down hard on his knuckles. AS he settled down he sat back in the chair and pulled the text book onto his lap so it leaned against the desk. "I don't jump for the team because they are not interesting enough." He chewed the inside of his lip a bit then pulled out a touch screen phone as he asked. "Ever hear of free running?" He glanced up at her as the Samsung galaxies booted up in his hands.

Aya gave him an odd snort at his difference come back and rooled her eyes slightly "Get in line Jason I'm outta here first" she said with a laugh. She smirked at Jason then as he talked about their school track team and shrugged a bit "I dunno I might not be any good considering everyone in this school is like a foot taller than me" she said laughing. Her five four height had been nothing to sneeze at back in Japan she had been only a few inches shorter than the majority of the guys at her school save the basketball players. but here she was tiny compared to everyone else she was fairly sure Jason was at least over half a foot taller than her.

"Free running? You mean the guys who run around in city parks doing tricks and jump off low buildings?" she asked with a shrug "Yeah I've heard of it but no one around Downtown Tokyo I think has ever really gotten into it... at least from what I've seen... We're mostly a break dance culture you know? Why?" she said with a smile as she thought about a few of her guy friends. Break dancing she knew was widely considered and African American thing in the states but she was sure any of her friends could show anyone up.

Jason laughed and shook his head. "We'll see, I might just pass up prom and head out if its possible so I might just beat you out of here." He gave her a grin as he finished. When she pointed out their height difference he chuckled and shrugged. "You might want to try anyway. I don't think the team is that great so you probably have a good chance to beat them."

"Ya, thats Free running." He raised an eyebrow as he saw her smiling and wondered if she had an idea of what he was getting at. "Wait break dancing? Really, I didn't think it was that bit in Japan." He looked down at his phone and after muting it he went through his phone until he found a video that he had a friend take of him running across the wide hand rail and flipping off the end like he had just done on his way to school. "That is a pretty routine thing to do now. I have not taken videos of anything I have done recently." He held the phone out just below the level over the desk so it was out of site of most of the class.

Aya smiled and nodded her head as she watched the video already pulling her own phone from the inside of her left combat boot. "That's freakin sweet! But don't you worry about, you know, wiping the ground with your face? I mean in track at least you have turf, pads, mats, and sand if anything goes wrong... I'd be pretty nervous about getting a face full of railing or concrete." she said smiling "So if this is what you used to do, what do you do now? Is it crazier than that?" she asked as she flipped through the videos on her own phone although she didn't try to hide it behind her book like she had seen Jason do.

She smiled "Ah the wonders of being an exchange student. If all else fails pull the... I don't under stand, my name is Ayame, card" she said with a smirk as she pressed play for a video of the local jerk off and floor moves competition. "You know most floor moves originate from the Karate sweeps and kicks invented in Okinawa? And many hand and feet combinations are from Tai Chi although that's Chinese" she said smiling as the asian boys on the screen of Droid touch began doing classic windmills and other complicated floor moves

Jason chuckled and put his phone away. "I wiped out a few times when I started but I always liked climbing so that was just a fun way to combined track and climbing." He glanced up at the teacher quickly before leaning over a bit closer to her so he could watch as she searched through her videos. "What I do now would probably be considered crazier." He looked up at her quickly to see her reaction before he looked back at her phone and started watching the video she put on.

"You could get out of a lot of things with that excuse." He shut up and kept watching as she started talking about the history of some of the moves. When the movie was over he sat up and rubbed the back of his neck. "I bet they could definitely teach me a few things." He relaxed and made sure he did not let his eyes drift off her face like he had before. "I am going to be interested to see how long you last before you find away to get into the city."

Aya smiled at that "Oh really you'll have to show me some time" she said with a smile and then she chuckled a bit "You have no idea" she said smirking now. She watched the video with him and she slid the phone back into her combat boot when the video finished. "And they could probably learn from you especially our gymnastics team" she said giving another light laugh.

She raised her brows a bit then when he said something about getting into the city "What do you mean the city? Theres an actual community around here with over 5 thousand people?" she asked increduosly. "I'd be excited to look around everything her is so different from japan even your buildings are ... hmmm lets say boring. The building in japan are architectual feats and we take pride in the presentation of things... I think I'll end up bored out of my mind here... especially in class, we've already learned about Freud's theory of cognitive development you just have started it...."

Back
Top Bottom