Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Exchange [OC x Mifune]

Original Content

Planetoid
The court was filled to the brim of dignitaries and lucky onlookers who were allowed to witness a long awaited event. Camera's from above, below, and to the sides did not flash against the overbearing light that shined down on the main attraction. No jury stood for this trial that was but a formality to Shade, the shadow manipulating villain. She stood there without her signature black attire of a cloak, cropped shirt that squeezed her chest so delightfully, and cargo capris. Instead she was in a prison jumpsuit, her hands balled into a fist and chains wrapped around her wrists. A matching set of chains kept her legs close together, allowing for no more than a half of a step when she had to walk around. Raven black hair sat messily atop her head in contrast to its normal tightly wound ponytail that hung down to the small of her back. Dark bags hung beneath her near black eyes that still seemed amuse despite the hell she had endure thus far during her capture.

Gunmen stood at attention around the court, some in plain sight and the others carefully hidden. Had the brightest lights possible not been shining down on the criminal she would have spotted their easy hiding spots. They were anywhere the least amount of casualties would get in the way. No, instead of looking around like a little kid going somewhere new for the first time she kept her eyes faced forward into the grim face of the judge. He sat upon his chair, sweat pouring from the immense heat the lights gave off. A curse or two escaped his lips for the conditions he had to preside over. The napkin he clutched in his hand was soaking with sweat to such a point it dripped and the judge nearly begged his bailiff, who was hardly needed in such a heavily guarded situation, for yet another. Shade wanted to believe that this was because he was afraid of standing before her majesty.

She needed to believe the pacifists of Armour City were capable of a long sentence to which she would eventually catch them slipping and escape. Because she had a long list of sin to atone for and a righteous judge would not let her live to see redemption. Or a chance to screw the city again.

The room was in an uproar. People who would never before speak to one another were discussing the likely outcomes. Others were simply booing and insulting the villain. There were a few old hags, as Shade described them, crying about justice for those died on account of her crimes. Jeez, for a short career I surely did some damage. If only there was a hall of fame for that. The judge raised his gavel and immediately voices began to hush before he could bring it back down to slam it down. "Order in my court! There is much that we would all like to say to this villianess, all of which is curt and simply disallowed in the court of law." He paused for the expected grumble of the occupants, then cleared his throat. "But that is neither here nor there. Instead of wasting my time on a woman who simply could never have any remorse for the pain she intentionally brought upon the people of Armour City and beyond, I will cut to the chase. Or better yet, the grand finale. But before I do that I will read to you but a fraction of the things you have done to use, Shade."

"You are found guilty for 321 counts of murder, thousands of counts for assault and battery, millions of dollars of proper damage, extortion, blackmail, 23 counts of kidnapping, assisting a felon to escape, dozens of first degree rape with .. a spectral object," he was cut off by the abrupt interruption of Shade's laughter. It was a genuine laugh, one that brought a single tear to her eye. It tickled its way down her chocolate brown cheeks. "And what is so damned funny!? You ruined lives and futures."

"I mean no disrespect," she snorted and a violent prod at her back from the but of a gun stopped it before it could grow into a full laugh, "Well excuse me. I tend for the utmost amount of disrespect. But what is the point in repeating this matter? The people know why they hate me. They do not need you to take up another hour of of their lives repeating it, reminding them, and opening old wounds. I believe, though I may speak only for myself, that they want a sentencing asap, maybe?" She turned around only enough to see from the corner of her a reluctantly large amount agreeing with her words. They looked conflicted as to if they should ever agree with anything this wretched woman says.

The judge would not be cowed by the Shadow Witch and slammed his gavel several times. "I will not be directed by a criminal in my court! If I decide to recite your list of sins then you will sit tight and listen. Be lucky you were granted so much as the right to speak! Guards, the next time she speaks out of turn bring her to her knees!" His turned to the villianess' left where the Sir that apprehended stood. "As the one that battled this woman and brought her in here, we would like to hear what you have to say about her and what should be done. Do know that there is little to nothing that would change the sentencing I have in mind for her."

Back
Top Bottom