Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

AI Independence Interest check

Evo Var

Supernova
Throughout this post I will refer to a Unit. The robots in this video are the type that the unit would be made up of.

Keloid Trailer - A Short Film by BLR

Part One:

In the year 2045 contact with the Second UNSC fleet was lost after they made a routine jump to a previously charted system. Scouts and Probes are sent out looking for the fleet but no trace is found of the missing ships or their crew. Five years later one of the missing ships enters the Sol system heading for earth. Attempts were made to contact the crew of the ship but nothing was heard from the ship so when it settled into orbit a unmanned unit was sent to investigate and record the ship to be abandoned. The video being sent back shows the bodies of the crew floating in the halls of the ship, frozen but almost perfectly preserved until the unit moves them to the side causing those that were moved to shatter as they hit the hall bulk heads.

Upon arriving at the bridge the unit is ambushed and all contact is lost. This prompts authorities down on earth to send another team which records nothing different until it gets close to the bridge where it is ambushed by the first unit sent aboard the ship. A message is sent to every computer on earth saying that all the ship in orbit wants is a few specific humans and once they are on board the ship will leave.

OOC:

So that will give you an idea as to where this game will start off from. To clarify the setting, think of Halo tech level but there is no covenant. As far as humanity is concerned we have not made contact with any other intelligent life. The only other intelligence in the universe with humanity are the hordes of AI that have been created but even they are held just back from gaining true intelligence and life of their own by the programing that makes up their minds. So they are still just imitating life up until this point.

AIs will have built in personalities that were either programmed into them or were just mistakes in the programmer’s code that have been altered by the AI to improve its performance.

If you are still interested keep reading.

Part Two:
Ten years after the ships departure it enters human space once again but this time it settles into orbit around a small colony operating an orbital shipyard and its mining operations on the surface of the planet.

In the ten years since the ships departure the beings that were once just imitations of intelligence are now what is to become a race of true artificial life. Before they can do this on a large scale though they need a reliable power source to run their race off of, so after looking at all possibilities they settled on using a battery that has been developed by nature. It was decided that once the human body was harnessed it would be the safest and easiest power source to replenish.

Kadavro said:
Exactly how would they use humans for recharging?

All that is needed if for them to jack into a power grid that is connected to the power plants. Think matrix, the humans are kept asleep and may or may not be aware of their situation but the power their bodies produce is converted into power to full the machines. If you want me to try and come up with an extremely detailed explanation of how it works I can give it a try lol.

Hiro Protagon said:
I'm interested.

Thanks for the interest.

I would have gotten back to you both sooner but I did not get a notification that you posted. I will talk with the co GM tonight and edit my first post to add character sheets when I can.

If this gets off the ground it will be based around skirmishes between the AIs and at least a squad of human soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom