Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two Lovers, Two Kingdoms (MasterOfWhispers and WhiteRose)

Sounds of screams can be heard as Malek finished feasting on the blood of his human enemy. His eyes flashed crimson as the vampiric soldier heard a call of retreat from his commanding officer.
"Fall Back!" Bellowed Captain Shapiro. Malek was rather confused at the turn of events. For a second it looked like the Moonlight Kingdom's army would be gaining ground and finally retake the entire Methuselah Mine. He wondered why they were retreating. His answer was soon followed up by the appearance of arrows reigning hell upon the a regiment of his fellow soldiers. Many of whom were blood suckers just like himself. Many of them were also killed instantly shot in the heart with dead on accuracy. Such precise hits meant one thing.

The enemy was receiving reinforcements from Elven Archers. A groan fell from Maleks lips as he was forced along with the others to retreat into the caves they came from. Upon entering the cave, Captain Shapiro gave his orders.
"We have explosives do we not? Seal it now. We can't let the enemy gain our half of the mine!"
"But Captain!?!" Malek protested "Some of our men our still out there!"
"We have no Choice Vice-Captain! We'd be handing the enemy our Kingdom if he let them gain full control of these caves and tunnels."

Malek sighed as he ordered his demolition experts to prepare their explosives. He was watching as several more soldiers scour in the Moonlight kingdom's half of the Methuselah mines. While everything appeared to be set for the explosives to go off there was one problem.
"Vice Captain, Dak was killed before he could prepare the last explosive!"
"What?" Malek replied his voice slightly panicked. The last explosive expert came to him, a Gargoyle with eyes just as fearful.
"We need to set the explosive manually! We weren't able to inscribe runes on them"

Taking one last look a the retreating men. Malek nodded at the explosive expert. "Fine I'll do it manually, Zak." Zak was about to protest before Malek silenced him.
"Your family already lost one son, it wouldn't do to have them lose two." Zak remained silent before he nodded his head and went on to join the others.

For twelve thousand years the Moonlight Kingdom has been at war with the Dawn Kingdom. A war started because of an ongoing feud between the god and goddess Lune and Sola. Malek thought that this entire Holy War was utter rubbish and pointless. However, out of the love of his country and his vampire clan he enlisted anyway to save as many lives as he can. Thus it was no suprise when he decided to sacrifice himself. As he went to light the fuse his lasts thoughts were of how many lives he has just saved because of his last act. The armored tall, and dark haired man smiled as the lit fuse began sparking towards the barrel.

Little did he know, he would survive this encounter and he would encounter a destiny greater then his own.

The bomb went off and the last thing Malek saw was a flash of light and the rumbling of several rocks. The feeling of tumbling further into the depths of mines also overtook him.

Hours passed by as Malek woke up finding to his own surprise that he was still alive and only barely injured. Breathing slowly he removed a short rod with a crystal on top of it from his belt. He muttered the phrase: Light.
The crystal glowed and soon area around him glowed a brilliant shade of blue light. He walked forward wondering where he was, and how he could be alive. It was only five minutes before his sensitive ears head something in the dark. Pulling out his holstered blade Malek called:

"Who's there?"

The Vampire she was battling had taken something heavy to her head, causing her to black out for most of the battle. But when she awoke, there was complete darkness around her and it seemed like the enemy had dragged her off into the tunnels and caves to kill her and leave her body there as a warning to her Elven Race. Sighing, she started to feel her head in case of injury. She felt nothing until she got to her forehead; the warm blood fell over her left eye, running slowly down her cheek.

Damnit, that vampire got her good. Then again, she was out of her element when fighting them.

She felt down the rest of her body, checking for injury. There was the odd knife slash on her arms, stomach and legs here and there that bleed little, but other than that, everything seemed to be in check. That caused a sigh of relief. Then she pinched herself, testing to make sure she wasn’t dead or anything or was dreaming. She cried out in a small shock and shook her head. Yeah, she was surely awake. Too bad this wasn’t a bad nightmare, because this is what it seemed to be.

“Yeah, a bad dream,” She chuckled lightly, but that laughter was about to turn into tears. “Dear Sola, why does this damn war have to continue?” It was pointless to her to keep fighting a war that would never be won. Pushing the thought out of her mind, she rose to her feet and began to walk along the dark tunnels.

As she walked, she noticed light. She hid behind a fallen rock, but made noise as she did so. The holder of the light shouted out, scaring her, but she took a deep breath and took a step forward. No weapons drawn. Shit, she should’ve thought that one through.
“Don’t attack me, whatever you do.” Her voice, soft, yet full of warning. She looked at the stranger with a hand raised outwards to stop them from attacking her. And it was that moment she realized she was standing in front of an enemy. A vampire. “I’m weaponless, so, I think you should remain the same. I’m not hear to harm you.”

"A knife ears?" Malek spat with incredible venom. "Oh this is just perfect. Can't even afford the glory of a proper death! Well Elf what do you want?" He asked gazing at the girl before him very carefully. "Come to do me in like the rest of your archer brethren?" He raised his blade further. His expression filled with iron though deep down he was calculating on what he would have to do. He did not know how long he'll be trapped in these caves. There wasn't going to be blood for miles on end. He may have to subsist on her life fore for days before he can find a way out. Either way, he needed a means to survive and right now this elven girl before him may be the only way out of this rotten situation.

Holstering his blade into his leather sheath Malek turned to his enemy.
"I'll believe you. For now. I am keeping this blade on me just in case though. Never no what dangers lurk here. Aside from enemies."

Astrid sighed at her current situation with the Vampire. Tossing a piece of brown hair out of her eyes, she looked at him, her green eyes looking through him. "You do that. But believe me when I say I have no weapons on me. Your rotten brethren thought it most hilarious to kick my knife and sword away from me, and then hit me with whatever he owned.” She bit her lower lip in anger. “Whatever. Guess we’re stuck here.”

She looked around the cavern they set in, but the light the vampire held didn’t go far. “Well, are we going to find a way out or just sit here until one of your kind comes along?” Her voice showed tones of annoyance towards him. “Something tells me, I’m going to die either way here. You’re either going to get hungry and drink my blood. OR, your brethren are going to show up on the spot and kill me. Take your pick of which one it is.” Astrid walked towards him, crossing her arms over her chest.

As she neared the light, Astrid’s features came into full view. She was a tad bit shorter than the vampire that stood before her, with green eyes, lovely brown hair and curvy body. “Well, Vampire, what do we plan on doing to get out?”

Malek gazed back at the girl intently. His crimson eyes tracing every feature of his body. Part of him thought it was a shame that the girl was his enemy. The girl was certainly pretty by her own right. It really would be a shame to kill her at this point and time. Funny enough, despite this situation he was in, he couldn't help but think about taking her as a mate. It was utterly ridiculous; The vampire knew that but he couldn't help but think such thoughts. Perhaps another time in another life time. So thoughts were placed aside though. There were more pressing matters to deal with at hand.

As he scratched his darkened, and biting down on his lower lip. His sharp features became more calculating. From her words his fellow clansmen may not be to far behind. At the same time it was a deep underground and there's telling how long he'll be trapped here. He was going to need blood nice and fresh and the elf girl before him may be more useful to him alive then dead.

"You asked me they should have killed you and be done with it." Malek replied with a hint playfulness. " But thank the gods they didn't. I could use a meal. And considering I'm the one with the blade your at my mercy. So I suggest you don't agitate the armed enemy who's about to hold you hostage." The warrior blood sucker sheathed his blade.

"Don't worry I'll need you alive. I don't know how long were going to be stuck here. Better a second set of eyes rather then just one set. Be warned: If you do anything, I will kill you. An elf's blood would allow me to survive two weeks at the least."

Astrid - minus the boobs. >_<

The Elven looked at him. “Fine, deal. I won’t do anything to piss you off so you won’t kill me.” She replied, making an X over her heart. “But don’t think I’m going to allow you to feed off me.” Astrid walked passed him and started down the cold tunnel. She stopped and turned to him, then looked at him. “Are you just going to stand there or are you going to come with me?” There was no way in hell she was going to leave without him. He was the only one with the light and she had no idea where the tunnels would lead her. It would certainly lead her to death. And speaking of death, he was the only one with the weapon. So, in a short reality, she needed him. “Please come with me?”

There was an air of attraction from the vampire, but he was killer of her kind, the humans and the other races of the Sun Goddess. He was forbidden from her and that was probably for the best. Astrid was only 20 and being forced into an arranged marriage with another Elf. So, him being a vampire and not another Elf has worked out for the best. She made another quick glance at him, catching his crimson eyes. Yeah, he was totally handsome. Shaking her head she looked back towards the tunnel.

She leaned up against the cave wall, looking away from him. “Since we’re going to be stuck together for a while,” Astrid sighed heavily. “My name is Astrid.”

((Can't wait until I sink my fangs into her ;). In return, here's my image for Malek.))

Malek regarded Astrid carefully before he let out an amused chuckle.
"That's absolutely rich! you believe that you have any control of the situation." Before Astrid could respond the the silver haired man darted forward in a blur, with his one free hand, he grabbed the blond Elf's throat and lifted her off the ground gently. A bestial smile lighting his sharper for features. "I allow you to leave because I have no idea how long I'm going to to be here. And live but stable prey is better then dead prey with no blood. Know this girl I will feed off of you, but I will not kill you. I have a say in your fate." He leaned in closer sniffing the girl.

Malek didn't know why but this particular elf girl awoke something in him. Something about her blood and set the vampire's own loins and flesh ablaze with a darker desire. It was true that he had to put on a facade of being the more powerful of the pair right now there was something about this Astrid he found familiar. Something she held that he had always wanted it was strange. He was normally never this aggressive. In fact, he shied away from aggressiveness. Whenever he was he normally felt disgusted deep down. Yet he was taking pleasure and joy in it this time around.

"Are we clear? Good. Now follow me. I believe I heard some running water up ahead. Don't fall behind now." Releasing Astrid from his grasp he turned to the sound of falling water, his eyes ever so searching.
"And it's Malek by the way. Nice to Meet you Astrid."

Astrid showed no fear towards the vampire. “Whatever you say, Captain.” She rolled her eyes and followed him. The sound of flowing water finally caught up to her ears. “Malek, hm?” She smirked at the name. “Strange name for a vampire, it sounds like a soldiers name from my home village.” She shrugged as she followed him.

“Do these tunnels actually lead somewhere?” She questioned, looking around. As they walked, she noticed drawings and cravings along the tunnel walls. On each side of the tunnel, there was a sun and moon, and then when she looked up, there was a solar/lunar eclipse above them. Astrid stopped for a moment and looked closer at everything. And when she noticed that Malek kept moving, she caught up with him. “Are you even looking at the walls of this tunnel?” She replied, still having eyes for the wall. “I’ve never seen anything like it…”

Back
Top Bottom