Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paint My Heart

eiri looked startled at the hint of the abuse shaking his head a little as anger filled him. He hated to think of such talent nearly lost. biting his lip as he thought over the others question. He didn't find his mother frightening, but some did, even if she didn't mean to be."I have to check on her,and she likes knowing people. And no, you're not here for sex." he said before sighing thinking about his mother. His Father had married her at 16, a old judge that had wanted a bride that worshipped the ground he walked on. And Gabrielle Morvane had done that, but by the time the twins had been born, Morgan and eiri's father had realized something was wrong. His bride would never be the woman he wanted, something in her past had forever imprisoned her as a emotional young teen, the kind of woman a man either loved or was driven insane by. His father had gone insane dying and leaving a fortune and a company to a teenager who hadnt been able to handle it, instead retreating into his own world of art and helping people....and his mother.

"she's not dangerous, just different."he said with the pain of a son who knew that he couldn't heal his mother.

he smiled at the other and tilted his head at the other. "well i'll gladly meet your mother." he promised smiling a little glad that he wasn't there for sex, not that he had believed that... alright so maybe ha had believed it but what was a street brat supposed to think? especially with the life he'd lived? "eccentric?" Able asked with a small grin. "i like eccentric, my brother was eccentric." he admitted with a snicker. "he used to wear flowered bandana's just to piss off my dad." used to? that didn't sound good. "are we leaving then?" he asked looking at the clock, wondering if Eiri was going to be late, he didn't want to make the other late talking about silly things.

"okay okay we're going"eiri said laughing a little as he pulled on his boots heading outside. Waiting for the other to get into the car before he backed out of the driveway. Taking the others question as eagerness to get to the mall and not the worry over him getting to work. Smiling slightly as he drove he looked over at him though he tried to not think about what the man meant by used to. He didn't want to bring up bad memories. Smiling wider he laughed."yes, my mother is eccentric. She enjoys art, though she loves unicorns the best. Your painting, the one I got, is for her once you finish it."

he smiled a little. "i could paint one just for her?" he offered smiling a little as he stuffed his toes into the too small sandles as he skipped out after the other, more than eccentric himself. "i've had a painting in my head for weeks of a unicorn, drinking at a pond." he admitted licking his lips eagerly, almost fantasizing about his new painting as he settled into his seat and headed into the mall once they where there. he nearly wet himself as he realized he had been given three thousand dollars, and assumed the man had mispayed him, but decided not to give the money back, he could pay him later. he spent money on shoes and a new set of clothes, and spent the rest on paints and supplies, buying three more canvases, and two hundred and fifty separate colors which he stashed into his painting box, eyes filled with tears because the nice man had given him a discount, which left him just enough money to buy a greasy hamburger and many, many paintbrushes. he waited out front with his new things, kicking his new tennis shoes against the bench he was sitting on as he waited for Eiri, sorting through his new paint and organizing them just the way he wanted them.

Eiri smiled as he walked into legacies, smirking a little as he realized that mr. santora had let the man sit in the window and wait for him."Good afternoon you two.Good morning?"he said looking at Able as he smiled, amused as he realized that the boy had indeed followed his instructions and bought everything he needed.Smiling wider, he grinned."Ready to go?I talked to gabrielle and she's already looking forward to cooking."Despite his sometimes anger and frustration with his childlike mother, he truly did like pleasing her, and knowing his friends and the newest tasks he'd set in front of himself made his mother happy. she liked knowing that her son had truly gotten out of the father's shadow and was making the world a better place.

the boy beamed at him. "Mr. Stanton gave me a discount for being one of your 'projects.' any idea what that means?" he asked with a smug little smirk as he put his paints into the box to be finished sorted later, hopping off the windowsill and stretching, enjoying his new t-shirt and jeans, and socks and shoes, and even the nice new jacket he had been able to get. he followed Eiri out into the car where he resumed his organizing, very particular about his paints, because sometimes he got so into his work, he would grab for a new color, and not look to check and see if it was right, so if his paints where in the wrong place, he'd ruin his own painting. "thank you again Eiri... it's been... never, since i've had a full set of paints." he admitted. "am i getting more food?" he asked startled, three meals a day? he hadn't even gotten that at home, and that was WITH eating school lunches. he grinned at the prospect of more food, practically drooling as he pondered the meal. hamburgers maybe? a roast of some hind? maybe some nice sandwiches or a pizza... oh man he was hungry again. all this food, and good things... he was going to be spoiled before too long.

"I have alot of projects. Help alot of people afford to draw like they want to."He said blushing little as he slid into the car.Smiling as he realized the boy had indeed followed his instructions and goten himself some clothes."Your welcome.And yes, we're getting more food. Most people eat three times a day, though I dont lnow if you'll like what mother's cooking.She has...a particular way of putting odd things together."He said warning him because last time he'd ate with her, he'd ended up having a meal like he was still child that had consisted of hot dogs and mac and cheese. Because his mother had said it was his favorite, and it had been...when he was five. It was like because she didn't grow older in her own mind, she wouldn't allow him to.Sometimes he knew she saw the adult he was, and sometimes he knew she was only seeing the child.It was sometimes very hard to spend time with her.But maybe with Able needing so much help, it would be easier.

he smiled a little and nodded, looking over at the other. "well... thank you. i've... never been able to pain as i pleased." he admitted. "i had to hide my paintings... and then when i ra... left home, i didn't have the paint i needed to paint properly." he admitted. "i did what i could but..." he shrugged. "it's going to be nice to have someplace safe to really work on my artistry." he admitted a strange light in his eyes. "a girly habit indeed..." he grumbled softly to himself as he stroked one of the empty canvases as if imagining the painting already, envisioning what would be put on it, inside of it, smiling softly. "yes... a girly habit indeed." he muttered, sounding more amused now as they rode, watching as they neared the house, smiling a little as they pulled up in front of the house. "i'm sure her food can't be all that bad." he admitted simply. "can't be any worse than garbage right?" he asked playfully as he got out, feeling nervous, certain that this mother had to be much better than his own... right?

"Eiri!"Gabrielle smiled happily pouncing on her son as soon as he was through the door, the mastiff that hed gotten her, crowding their legs as dog and woman filled the doorway."You brought someone!How was school today?What did you two learn?" Eiri smiled a little freeing himself from the other's hug, stepping back as he petted mara's head as the dog crowded both him and able in the hunt for cuddles."It was a good day mother. We painted.And now we're home for dinner."Eiri said smiling wider as he nudged the woman towards the kitchen."This is Able, mother." "Able!I knew a cain once."The childlike woman mused as she ushered the two towards the kitchen."I made ravoli and grilled cheese." "Perfect."Eiri said swallowing as he glanced at able, hoping the man wouldn't be overly harsh or judging. Not that he thought the man would be, but he was protective of his mother, even if she demanded to know all his friends.

Able looked shocked when he realized why Eiri was so hesitant to go see his mother. he'd never met someone trapped as a child before, but he figured he'd just... treat her like she was a kid and that would be alright... right? "we learned... er... Math today Mrs... er.." he scratched his head. "i'm sorry i don't know your name..." he admitted to the woman wincing lightly at the mention of a Cain, he knew it wasn't his Cain, but it still hurt to hear the name. "ooh Raviolies!" he chirped, honestly excited. "i love Raviolies!" he admitted beaming at the woman. "thanks for having me over for dinner!" he chirped happily as he settled into his chair and looked over at Eiri, lookign a little bit worried about the woman.

"Just call me Gabrielle.All Eiri's friends call me gabrielle."she said smiling, "Oh good. I'm glad. And they're almost done, able.We'll eat soon."The woman said smilign happily at the idea that able wanted ravoli's.Grinning as she set about finishing dinner. Eiri smiled softly, relaxing as he realized that indeed able was good at talkign to gabrielle, smiling a little as he looked at the other."You want something else to eat?"He asked knowing the man was probably hungry.

Able smiled at her. "well it's a pleasure to meet you Gabrielle." he stated nodding to her gently touching her hand, just a bare brush of bare skin on bare skin, but it was just enough to get a picture in his head. her perfect painting, he would fill it with calm and peace and safety, as well as protection and health. he would paint her perfect picture, and when Eiri gifted it to her she would be so happy she would cry. it was the least that Able could do for the woman who had raised the man who was now saving him. "it's ok Eiri... i really do like Raviolis." he promised the man smiling a little. "besides if i eat too much i'll be sick." he pointed out.

Eiri pouted a little as he was reminded."I know.But I want you to be happy."He said sulkig a little, yelping as his mother hit him in the shoulder with her wooden spoon."Eiri!Stop being a child. Now get plates and cups." "Yes mother." Gabrielle smiled a little as she watched her son get them the plateware and silverware, before setting the pan of ravoli on the table, giving them each some before she looked at Able smiling."What do you paint?All Eiri's friends are artists, so what do you do?Do you do buildigns like him?Or people?"she asked proving that she was sometimes aware her son was grown up, but others that she treated him like a child.

he smiled at Eiri. "i am happy.... well happier." he admitted calmly giggling as Eiri was smacked. "i paint Ma'am." Eiri admitted smiling happily. "not people so much, mostly animals and scenery." he admitted with a tilt of his head. "Eiri just helped me get all new paints so i can work some more." he admitted with a smile. "i've been thinking about painting a unicorn next." he admitted just to watch her reaction. "maybe i'll paint one for you?" he offered happily.

Gabrielle perked up smiling happily as he offered."That would be amazing."She smiled before looking at Eiri."Did you put him up to this?"she said eyeing her son. Eiri smiled as he started to eat, looking amused."Oh mother I would never do that.He just knows exactly what people need." Gabrielle still looked supicious before looking at able."He enjoys helping others paint."

he giggled a little and shook his head. "Eiri didn't tell me to." he promised smiling at her. "if he told me to i never would have done it, i want to paint a painting for you because you deserve one." he promised beaming at her as he started to stuff himself silly with Ravioli's. "i'm glad that he's helping me... i wouldn't be able to paint at all if not for him." he admitted softly, well aware that if not for Eiri he'd be dead by now, as the morning had been covered with a fine layer of snow, which meant it had frozen last night, which meant if he had been outside, he would have frozen to death.

Eiri smiled a little looking at Able, tilting his head a little."You got some clothes didn't you?"He asked studying the boy as he ate. GAbrielle smiled at the two, frowning a little."You need clothes?" "Yes he does." Gabrielle beamed studying the boy, before finishing her food."I still have eiri's old clothes. They're already have paint all over them if you would like them."she said, both mother and son were generous, and helpful,even if they weren't aware of how rare that kindness was.

he smiled a little. "yes, i got two sets." he promised. "underwear and socks included." he promised blushing as Gabrielle offered him clothes. "oh no... i.. i couldn't take Eiri's clothes!" he protested, looking a little worried about accepting even more help than he was already getting. "well... if... if their already covered in paint..." he muttered, if they where ruined he wouldn't feel so bad about accepting them. "well... i guess if you don't need them anymore..." he muttered biting his lip a little.

Eiri snickered a little, looking amused if slightly worried at the boy's hesitance to accept things."That and they're to small for me anyways."He said finishing his food sighing softly. Maybe he was rushing things by trying to offer the other man to much, and letting him make friends with Gabrielle.

he hesitated and then nodded, smiling happily. "well i guess if they won't fit you." he agreed smiling a little as he looked at the leftover raviolis, clearly still hungry but hesitant to ask for more, his many years of abuse clinging very tightly to him. but no one here had hurt him yet, so he hesitated again then. "can... i have more?" he asked softly, fright in his voice as he studied Eiri, clearly waiting to be struck for being greedy, another good indication of abuse, Eiri would probobly see it, but whether Gabrielle did only she probobly knew.

Eiri sighed softly, pained at the sign of abuse as he poked the pan closer to the man."Go ahead. I'm going upstairs to get some of my books."He said bouncing out of his chair, leaving his mother and ward to finish the rest of the food."Take as much as you want. Eiri's not much of a cook, so you will call me if you need food, do you understand me?"She said gently, but demanding looking amused if slightly worried at the idea of eiri taking care of this clearly abused hild. She knew eiri would do his best, but she wasn't sure if he was able to handle this.

he brightened as the food was pushed over to him scooping up the rest and wolfing it down happily. with every act of kindness, he pulled out of his shell a little more, realizing that not everything in the world was bad. "yes Ma'am. i'll be sure to call if Eiri's bad cooking starts making me starve." he promised his eyes glimmering with amusement as he stuffed his mouth full of food his head tilted a little. "does Eiri have freinds?" he asked hie asked frowning a little. "how come he's going to all this effort to help me?"

Gabrielle frowned a little."Eiri does...doesn't have friends exactly."She said lookig sad about her son."He has difficultcies making friends, so he tries overly hard to help take care of the people that he thinks needs them, because he wants them to like him."She said sadly, not realizing that her own mental handicap hobbled her son, who was extremely ocd about being there for her, and couldn't free himself from the cage he'd made in his need to make sure that she was okay. It would take someone special to make Eiri realize that Gabrielle could take care of herself, if given the chance."He wants to help, because he has no other way to connect with someone.He's lonely able.but I am sure that you will be able to help him."She said for a moment, the adult she should be showing through the childlike personality.

Able blinked a little his head tilted. "... i don't have freinds either." he admitted smiling a little. "i like Eiri, he's really nice..." he admitted smiling at Gabrielle. "i... think he's my friend." he admitted fidgeting a little. he'd never really had a friend before, Cain had once been the only person that Able had been able to trust, but Cain was dead, so the only person Able had now was Eiri, and he trusted Eiri completely. "he is my friend." he decided smiling happily at Gabrielle. "i'll make sure he's not lonely or sad, i promise. i'll try my very hardest anyway." he promised smiling at her before getting up. "excuse me, i have to use your restroom." he admitted, he'd had to pee for hours, but hadn't wanted to use the gross public restrooms so he was eager to get into the bathroom and go, feeling happy to have made freinds, Eiri and Gabrielle, they where his freinds, he was sure of it.

When e got out of the bathroom Eiri was waiting for him smiling slightly as he held up the suitcase."Ready to go?I want to get some work done tonight.And Dexter and Castle are on tonight and I want to watch it."He said rambling slightly because he'd started down the stairs just in time to hear what the man was talking about with his mother. Blushing every so slightly as he smiled wider, smiling because he did consider the boy a friend, even if he'd never had many friends before. It was weird to feel that he had a friend that he could trust, a friend that could know everything about him, and not hurt him.

Back
Top Bottom