Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Singer

Bane smiled softly looking at th girl, amused."I'm sorry Selene."She muttered covering a yawn, because it had been a long exciting day that she was no yet used to. With so many things changing and happening, she was not yet used to having so full of days. "Oh."Bane muttered blushing hard at the explaination, hiding her face in Drake's shoulder."That would be useful."She said liking the idea, because it touched something deep in her heart to know that he wanted that. While she was not ready, she had faith that she would be there."Oh. Well..."She stuttered looking slightly relieved, realizing that if she messed up the first time, it would not be the only time that they could try. That made her relax to the idea, smiling as she leaned up to kiss Drake."Hmm it is good that dragons have one way of truly loving another. For you are stars, oyu need something to warm your hearts."She muttered cuddling him.

Selene giggled a little and Drake smiled as he kissed her forehead. "you need to sleep." he murmured smiling at her. "you know... you once said that before." he admitted softly. "back then, you promised that Every Dragon would have a mate, to love and cherish as long as they where good of heart and kind in soul they would have their true love, and a place in your arms." he admitted smiling at her. "sleep Bane, my Sweet Death. you look exaughsted." he admitted nuzzling her. she wasn't disturbed at all until morning, Selene shaking Bane's shoulder, the woman laying in the nest. "wake up!" she ordered smiling at Bane. "Drake went to go and get some hot tea ingredients." she admitted. "the Imp came and made breakfast, if you don't eat now Drake will eat it all and you won't get any." she teased giggling at Bane.

Bane blushed smiling a lttle as she rested against him. It was weird to know she had said it before, in a different life,but she knew it was still true.The dragons needed a mate, to calm the fires in their hearts."You deserve your starfire."She muttered cuddling him as she went to sleep. In the morning she smiled a little, sitting up slowly."Drake always eats all my food."She whined teasing as she climbed out f the nest, laughing as she followed the girl out into main area, sitting down in her seat and starting to eat."So you have heard dragon song before?"She asked curiously.

she giggled a little. "of course i've heard Dragonsong! anyone who lives with a Dragon has heard Dragonsong. you've even heard it." she admitted. "he sang to you, yes? like pure emotion in a note of a song? that was Dragonsong." she admitted grinning a little. "Dragons sing to express their desires and emotions, they sing when their happy, they sing when their mad, they even sing to challenge one another." she admitted grinning a little as Drake swooped into the cavern, folded his wings and walked towards them, shifting as he walked and setting a bag in the little girls hands. "there you go, Rosemary, Thyme, lavender, catnip, and chamomile." he promised the little girl giggling happily. "great! thanks drake!" she chirped happily, eagerly accepting the bag from him and skipping off with it as he grinned at Bane. "good morning, you certainly slept well." he teased looking amused.

"Oh. That was beautiful."She said smiling wide eyed as she realized that she had indeed heard it before. Smiling slightly as she listened to the explanation, grinning up at drake as he walked in."What she going to do with all that?"She asked curious before blushing hard as his words ducking her head before smiling contentedly at him."I did."She said her face burning, even as she shifted to let him sit down next to her."And you?Are you hungry?"She said offering him a bite of food as she looked up at him, blushing still because of his teasing.

Selene giggled and nodded a little as Drake shook his head. "i have no idea, but it's better not to fight her. she's older than i am, though she doesn't look or act like it. as a matter of fact she raised me when i was born." he admitted. "normally Moon Mother raises the newly formed Dragons, and the earth born dragons are raised by the other dragons but i was alone, so Selene took care of me... she was older then." he admitted grinning a little. "every seventy years or so, instead of dying, she is reborn, like a phoenix." he admitted. "she's over fifteen thousand years old, she won't tell me her actual age, but when she reverts to baby form i return the favor and take care of her until she tires of me and runs off to have fun." he admitted grinning at Bane. "she's wise for a kid." he teased smirking as Selene sulked at him. "i am not a kid! how dare you1" she whined stomping her little foot, Drake snickering a little. "what are the herbs for?" he demanded Selene giggling. "it's a surprise!" "your surprises usually blow me up." "it's not that kind of surprise." "are you sure?" "yes, it's a food surprise." that had him brightening, he loved Selene's baking. even more so since she rarely did so.

"Wow.You were a cute dragon I bet."She said looking a little wide eyed as she realized how old selene was. Glad that even if she had not been there, he had someone to take care of him."You're in a child's body Selene."Bane pointed out smiling a little as the girl stomped her foot, raising a eyebrow. Wondering what the surprise would be, and interested,but it would be nice to have something new."Hmm so I'm not the only one that makes you blow up."She teased amused because she knew,even if it happened yet that she was clutzy and uncooridated enough that she was going to eventually harm him. Smiling as she tilted her head looking at draco, a small sad smile on her face. Because she couldn't cook, and it made her sad that she couldn't brighten his face like that. Before she siled wider, shaking it off."I can't wait to have a surprise."She said nudging drake a little."So what are we doing today?"

he chuckled a little and nodded. "i was." he admitted moving over to the cupboard and pulling down a small painting, carefully blowing the dust off. "Selene had this painting of me." he admitted handing it to Bane. he had been such an adorable baby, according to the painting he was barley big enough to fill the palm of a hand. "i always forget how damn SMALL i was." he admitted smiling a little as he shook his head a little. "i'm still the oldest living creature on this earth unless you count my icky Shadow Brother. which i don't." she admitted giggling a little as she shook her head. "and i don't so THERE!" she complained sticking her tongue out at them making the man laugh. he turned to Bane instead, smiling at her. "we're going to work on your Dragonsong." he admitted grinning at her. "it's going to be much harder for you to do it i think, because of your human form, but we'll work on it together. it's hard for Dragon's to learn too sometimes." he admitted. "it's very difficult, but i have faith in you." he promised kissing her forehead. "we have many years to learn how to sing." he promised her leading her out of the cave into the bright spring air over to a bench that he had brought with him. "for now, we'll start with the feeling." he promised grinning at her. "focus on a feeling, happy, sad, angry, any emotion, hold it deep inside and let it grow and grow and grow...."

"awww Drake."She cooed softly, he had been so small, so cute!"You're still fairly small."She said smirking slightly, the look in her eyes teasing as she flicked her eyes lower before looking up to meet his eyes. Teasing and not really meaning it. Smiling nas she looked worried about learning the song she sighed softly before nodding."I will."She said needing to believe that she would be able to focus on things. Settling on the bench she looked at him as he explained, biting her lip as she nodded. "Okay.okoay..."She muttered before closing her eyes focusing on the happy feeling that swelled in her chest. Thinking about how happy she had become since he had rescued her, her heart nearly breaking with how happy she was now.With him

he chuckled a little and smirked at her. "i'm still growing." he admitted simply. "in Dragon years i'm only halfway into puberty." he admitted. "i still have three or four thousand years to finish growing." he admitted laughing a little as he led her outside to let Selene cook watching her focus on the feeling, taking a deep breath, he could practically feel her joy for himself. "good, now, let it burst out of you, all at once in one glorious note!" he ordered softly, excited, but not expecting anything more than her wonderful human tones, she was the moon mother yes, but she was also very much a mortal now. dragon singing was one of the hardest things she would conquer, only her shape shifting would be harder, if she could manage this, she would be able to accomplish everything else fairly easily.

"Wow.You really are a youngster."She teased amused, smiling because it was so much fun teasing him. bane closed her eyes squeezing her eyes shut hard as she swallowed, letting the note go. The strange mix of dragonsong and human. A soft sound that started to be more, almost more, but it wasn't. Not yet. It would take more to get the girl to be able to sing dragonsong, but the mix proved that she would not totally fail like she had been afraid of. Grinning happily as she looked at him, leaning over and kissing him, just so happy.

he chuckled a little and shook his head. "i am about twenty in Dragon years." he admitted simply watching her intently as his eyes narrowed and then he gasped, catching the light, almost tones of Dragonsong and he kissed her intently, passionately, grinning at her. "that was WONDERFUL, so much better than i ever anticipated even with you being the moon mother!" he admitted laughing as he swung her up into the air laughing a little as he kissed her again and beamed at her. "let's go inside and see what Selene is up to shall we?" he asked smiling as he went inside, the house smelling amazing as she pulled freshly baked bread out of the oven. stuffed with the herbs, it was aromatic and wonderful, especially when mixed with the special butter that Selene had whipped up with some of the chamomile and lavender.

Bane laughed happily as he swung her around, kissing him back. Blushing under his attetion as she wrapped her arms around him,nuzzling his cheek as she leaned against him."Ohhh selene. It smells amazing in here."Bane smiled nearly laughing with just the joy of having pleased Drake so much, and that she hadn't failed at being able to sing. Grinning at the girl she settled at the table sighing softly in pleasure as she leaned out to smell the bread."Selene, you are amazing."She muttered smiling happily.

Selene giggled a little as she beamed at bane. "congratulations Bay!" she chirped hugging the girl. "that was an AMAZING first try! i'm so impressed!" she admitted giggling happily. "do you like my bread? i LOVE to cook!" she admitted beaming happily at them as she offered them both slices of hot moist bread slathered with butter, Drake growling eagerly as he stuffed the food into his mouth and munched on it happily. "mmmm wonderful." he purred delightedly laughing a little as he kissed the little girls forehead. "mother and daughter all in one." he teased winking at the little girl. "and no matter which you are you spoil me rotten." he admitted with a wicked grin causing her to giggle happily.

"ohhh it smells so good."bane muttered happily swallowing a bite greedily before smilign slightly. as she looked over at the dragon who looked so happy to be eating his mother/daughter's bread. Grinning as she shook her head at the two's antics, leaning over tot kiss Drake's cheek."It's so adorable when your acting cute."She teased smirkking,"Does this mean I get to spoil you to?Its only fair since she does."

Selene giggled a little and beamed happily that they liked her cooking Drake taking another piece of bread and stuffing it into his mouth happily, groaning eagerly as he nommed and munched, grinning at Bane. "no you don't get to spoil me." he protested smiling at her. "it's my job to spoil you." he promised kissing her gently offering her a lopsided grin. "i'm already spoiled anyway, just getting to spend everyday with you." he purred chuckling a little.

"Why not?I want to spoil you."She pouted before blushing, returning the lopsided grin."Oh, your such a charmer.Im sure you say that to all the girls"She teased blushing at the words leaning over to kiss him as she nuzzled his neck.Looking content and happy with her stomach bulging with how much food she'd eaten.

Back
Top Bottom