Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Singer

in the morning there was food on the table again and Drake was eating, he was already clean too, you could tell because he was in his dragon form and he was spotless and examining himself happily. "good morning Bane." he chirped puffing his chest out happily. "aren't i pretty?" he asked grinning a little as he nuzzled her. "eat up." he chirped grinning as his long forked tongue scooped up an apple and swallowed it whole as he settled down next to the table to wait for her to eat.

Bane giggled laughing as she settled at the table, patting his cheek as she sat down."You are such a pretty pretty boy."She teased looking amused to see the dragon examine himself so closely. Starting to eat she smiled looking at him."What do you do at work?"She asked curious becaue she wanted to know before they got there.

he chuckled a little. "you'll see." he teased her, kissing her forehead. "eat and get dressed." he ordered calmly nuzzling her before getting up and checking outside for something, nodding a little. "the carriage is here." he admitted grinning a little looking over at her. "i'm going to have to carry you in my paw." he admitted softly. "i need you to trust me and not move at all. he ordered, carefully, very carefully wrapping his hand around her, being extra careful with his claws as he floated them down to the bottom og the mountain where the Imp from before was waiting with two horses and a carriage. he carefully set her down and winced as his claw snagged a little on her arm, scratching her. "sorry, sorry." he muttered gently licking the wound clean, his smooth forked tongue taking away any pain the wound might have given her. "is that better?"

Bane looked worried but allowed him to arry her in his paw, yelping a little when they landed, looking at her scratched arm, shaking her head."It's okay. It's better."She smiled patting the dragon on the nose before biting her lip to keep from cooing at the cute imp before she climbed into the carriage, smiling up at him."How long will it take us to get there?"She asked looking thoughtful, wondering what he was going to be doing. Exited at the idea of seeing what a dragon would do with their time when they weren't in dragon form.

he smiled a little at her. "sorry." he murmured softly licking her wound again before transforming into his human form, wearing a suit and looking utterly, dashingly handsome. "with him driving? about an hour." he admitted grinning a little as the Imp clicked at the horses and smacked them. the ride was smooth and calm, and just as promised about fifty minutes later they where there, Drake entertaining her with a game of chess in the back, checkmating her just as they got to their destination, grinning at her. "your very talented." he admitted kissing her gently before leading her out of the carriage, helping her step down like a proper gentleman and smiling as he indicated the Kings Castle. "i work in here." he admitted grinning at her as he led her inside and straight into the countries largest library. "i'm the librarian." he admitted grinning at her. "my job is to get copies of books from all over the world to add it tot he castles library, the king likes to have the boast of having all the worlds knowledge under one roof." he admitted grinning at her. "and as my lover." he winked at her. "you can read and borrow anything you want." he admitted grinning at her.

"You look handsome."She said wtih a smile looking amused as they played chess. Pouting a little when she lost."My father taught me before he died."She said smiling before grinning as he helped her down,pausing as she looked around her. Laughing happily as she realized where they were."Ah drake, you do have the most perfect job."She said smiling at the idea that she got to look at all the books, looking startled when the words registered."Lover?"She asked tilting her head to look up at him a little wide eyed.A little startled at the idea.No one had ever expressed a interest in being her lover.

he smirked a little. "i needed an excuse to bring you here... your my arranged marriage." he explained smiling a little. "and books are the only thing we have in common so the king granted me special privileges to bond with you." he teased winking at her. "i'll have to introduce you when he's sober." he decided smiling at her. "i have to admit, i like the idea of being your betrothed." he admitted chuckling a little as he kissed her gently before leading her inside, smiling as he let her take in the massive library, which was almost bigger than her entire village. "try not to get lost hum?"

"Ohhh..."Bane said blushing, sounding a little disappointed that it was only a excuse to bring her here. Smiling slightly as she looked up at him, looking around her as looked around with wide eyes, because it was so huge."My whole village would fit in here."She said before smiling happily."You'll just have to come find me if I get lost."He said smiling as she slipped away from her, starting to walk down the aisles to see what she could find, quickly becoming lost in her fascination with the books and not with his presence. The desire to read and learn outweighing her need to be with him.

he smiled a little as he tilted his head. "technically we can't be lovers if we haven't made love." he pointed out kissing her again chuckling as he watched her run off to enjoy the books, getting to work inserting the new books he had collected. he always bought copies for himself, and kept the rare ones for himself as well. Blane was only interrupted once for lunch, Drake bringing her a meat pie and some drinks and enjoyed a calm lunch with her in the bowels of the library, talking about the books she had read so far before going back to work, enjoying a lingering kiss before doing so before getting her at the end of the day, grinning at her. "are you ready? it's time to go." he admitted offering her his hand so he could help her up. "i was thinking we might go see the theater while we're in town? i think you'd like the Opera that's in town."

Bane whined softly as she looked up at him from where she'd made herself a almost nest on the floor, the skirts of her dress spread around her as she piled books aroound her before perking up as he mentioned the opera."I've never been to the opera before. Is it fun?I've always heard that it was fun."She said scrambling up to put the books away, taking them carefully in her hands and putting them away before looking at him, a bright smile curling her face."Okay. Let's go."She said bounding up and kissing his cheek on a whim."What play is playing?"

he smiled at her his head tilted to the side a little. "i like it." he admitted taking her hand. "their doing a play on Little Red Riding hood. it's a romantic tale of a young girl falling in love with a boy who turns out to be a beast." he admitted."it's a very sweet story." he admitted kissing her with a small grin as he led the way to the theater, paying for their tickets and heading inside to watch the play. lots of singing, lots of death, lots of romance, the perfect play.

By intermission she was both breathless with laughter and tears her head resting on Drake's shoulder as she leaned against him. Swallowing hard as she shifted as the house lights went up, rubbing her eyes as she stretched."Would you like to come downstairs with me to get something to eat?"She said smiling as she straightened her dress, blushing softly as she bent, kissing him softly befor backing away with a blush."Well?"She said smiling shyly, gesturing towards the door.

he smiled as he watched her more than he did the play. "i would love to get something to eat." he admitted kissing her gently and nuzzling her neck. "are you enjoying yourself my dear?" he asked with a small grin his head tilted as he led the way to a concessions stand selling fancy food that wouldn't get all over you when you ate it, and fancy candy that only the rich could afford. "have you ever had chocolate before?" he asked smiling at her as he bought two rich pieces of elegant dark chocolate, one of which he handed to her. "it is superbly sweet." he admitted savoring his piece practically to death.

Bane looked at him wide eyed as she took the chocolate, smiling at him."Yes!its so good. I've read red riding hood,but this is a interesting story."She said biting her lip as she looked down at the chocolate in her hands, before looking at him."I've never had some before."She said raising it, and nibbling on the edge.Eyes widening even a little more at the almost to sweet chocolate."That's good...really sweet."She muttered before laughing, watching him eat his."You enjoy this?"She said blushing as she shifted closer to him, looking around the crowd, not liking to be that close to others.Having suffered enough humilation and pain at the hands of her own town for being different she wasn't totally comfortable in crowds, though she bit her lip and hopefully hid it well from him.

he smiled a little and nodded. "this is a more accurate version of the story." he admitted smiling a little. "i think your going to love the ending." he admitted grinning as she tried the chocolate. "it's better when it's mixed with something else." he admitted chuckling a little. "would you like to try a chocolate covered strawberry?" he asked grinning a little as he ordered two fruit pies with powdered sugar and a light chocolate drizzle. "what would you like to order? anything you want." he offered smiling a little. "i love sweet things." he admitted before frowning a little as he gently took her hand. "are you alright love? your acting very skittish." he admitted softly gently stroking her hair behind her ear. "no one here will hurt you, i promise."

bane smiled softly as she nibbled on the strawberry, looking thoughtful as she considered what else she wanted."A steak and fries."She said looking at the waiter, smiling as he went to get his food, swallowing hard as she leaned into him, resting her head on his chest, "I do not like crowds....they can turn violent."She muttered leaning against him,shivering a little before stepping back. Smiling when the waiter said they'd bring the food up to their seats. Looking at Drake,"Can we go now?"She mutteered trusting him enough to brave the crowd, but she still wanted out of it.

he smiled at her a little his head tilted as he ordered himself a dish of crab and butter. he loved seafood. "no one will hurt you, i'll protect you." he promised softly, wrapping his arm gently around her shoulder. "my Lovely One." he smiled. "My Sweet Death." he teased nuzzling her. "for i would die without your smile." he purred, teasing her name into something sweet and loving the way only a Dragon could do, chuckling a little as he gently led her back up to their private box, their food waiting for them as he smiled and gently kissed her. "do you like the play so far?"

Bane smiled osfly looking at him,blushing as he teased her."I do."She said kissing him back as she settled onto their couch with him, resting her head on his chest. Smiling softly as she started eating,"Hmmm I would die for your smile."She muttered gently touhing his cheek tugging him down for another kiss as she started eating. Amused and happy."This is amusing play. So lovely, so beutiful."She muttered.The play could hae sucked and she still would have enjoyed it, because she was with him.

he chuckled a little and gently kissed her, tasting her lovely lips with all the passions he had for her, which was quite a bit before he started nibbling on his own meal with a slight grin. "i am glad you are enjoying the play." he admitted as the house lights dimmed again and the stage lights came up, the second half of the move about the two lovers, the beast and the woman running from the town who wanted to kill them both for being witches, and ended with the entire town dead, slaughtered by the boy werewolf one by one for daring to hurt his woman, who was now pregnant with his child, and the entire thing ended with him biting her, both of them transforming into werewolves on the full moon, and racing off to spend eternity, in love with one another. "aah i love such a happy ending." he admitted smiling a little as he kissed her forehead. "how did you like the ending?"

Bane smiled nodding, even as tears slid down her face. Crying for the town who had brought their fate on them,but a smile for the two that had gotten everything they wanted."That was so beautiful."She said leaning up to kiss him,wrapping her arms around him."Are dragons as protective of their mates as wolves?"She teased gently running her fingers through his hair, looking curious even as she considered wanting him. Life would be complicated if anyone she knew ever discovered she was mated tot a dragon, but she wanted him.She wanted him forever.

he smiled as he gently stroked her hair and then gently kissed each tear away, smiling at her. "we're much worse than wolves." he admitted with an impish grin. "why do you think i keep you up in my cave?" he teased chuckling a little as he kissed her gently. "what are you thinking my Sweet Death?" he asked his head tilted a little, again making the name as affectionate as if he was calling her 'my sweet rose' or 'my love.' he was so ridiculous sometimes. "i think it's time to head home." he admitted watching the sun begin to set. "the City is not safe after dark." he admitted softly looking around and smiling as his carriage rolled up, the imp driving as he helped her into the carriage and followed her in, kissing her gently. "tomorrow i will have to teach you how to sing." he decided smiling at her. "your Dragonsong i think, is ready." he admitted gently nuzzling her.

"Hmm I was thinking you were just making sure I had the best library."She teased smiling a little at the name, blushing at it. It was a odd name, but it was interesting, and unquiely drake."I was thinking about what anyone would do if they discovered I was your...mate."She said blushing at the word."Like at home, or anyone here."She said shrugging a little before nodding. leaning into him as he got her into the carriage,closing her eyes as they set off."I would like that. A dragonsong...yes, I would like to hear that."She said though she knew that she sucked at singing, she was still interested in trying.Because she knew it was important to him so she wanted to do it.

he chuckled a little and kissed her again. "if i wanted you to have the best library, i would have moved you here." he teased playfully before tilting his head at her. "and who would ever know that i am a dragon?" he asked smiling a little. "only you, even the other women your village gave to me never learned that i could take human form. it is only you, me and the imp who would know the truth and i don't think any of those people would care." he admitted smiling at her. "do not worry so much, if we mate, it will only be because we love each other." he promised kissing her gently. "and no one you don't want to find out, has to find out." he promised nibbling on her lip. "although our resident Imp might demand a proper wedding." "of course i would!" said little imp chirped happily, giggling at them. when Selene had appeared no one knew, she was more powerful than Drake was, only Bane would be more powerful than the pretty little star child who was beaming at them, Drake smirking a little. "you overheard me talking about Dragonsong again didn't you?" "YES!" Selene chirped happily. "i LOVE Dragonsong it's SOOOO pretty!"

Bane laughed softly smiling at him, because it warmed her heart to know that she was unqiue. That she would be the only one that knew he was human...or at least could take human form. ""Hmmm I'll try not to worry."She said amused as she kissed him back. Shivering as he nibbled on her, laughing sotly at the imp's words, "A proper wedding would be nice."She said blushing at the idea resting her head on his shoulder looking strtled at the star child as she appeared.Amused."We're not singing tonight.He's going to help me in the morning."She said looking at the two, a fear clouding her eyes for a moment, because she was worried that she would totally managle the dragonsong that they all needed so much.

Selene pouted at being told that there would be no Dragonsinging tonight and the Dragon chuckled. "i'll sing for you Selene there's no need to sulk." he promised patting the girl on the head before smiling at Bane. "don't worry so much." he ordered softly shaking his head a little. "but i do intend on having a proper wedding." he admitted smiling at Bane. "if you ever decide you want to bond soul with me." he admitted kissing her earlobe, chuckling a little. "Soul Bonding is a Dragon form of marriage." Selene admitted. "they mate for life, so they, in essence, bind their souls together, linking them together emotionally and mentally. you two would always be able to tell if the other is hurt, sad, or upset, happy, even enraged." Selene explained giggling a little. "aren't i smart?" "you sure are." he agreed chuckling a little. "a bonding is done in private though." he admitted. "and both people have to be one hundred percent willing and in Love for it to work." he admitted. "money, power, none of that will affect into the bonding, only compatibility and real love." "many bonders fail to bond anywhere from one, to ten times. it's a very difficult process and there can be no doubt at all in either of your hearts." she admitted beaming a little. "so don't worry if you fail to bond the first few times."

Back
Top Bottom